A Brother's Advice

My Star

Amber’s POV

Thoughts are running in my mind as I open my mouth to speak, “You know, I’m not really a romantic guy or more likely a person who already experienced love, right?” Zack only blinked his eyes. “Well, it’s my first time falling to someone now, but the thing is … she’s already with another person. The funny thing is that all this time, I was there on her side, doing and trying everything to get her attention which completely made me look stupid since she’s taken.”

I hung my head low as my heart start to feel the pain again. “I-I just want her to know my feelings, but if it was going to be like this, she can at least tell it to me that she has a boyfriend already. Not making me go beside her like there’s no boundaries between us.” Zack held my shoulders as he released a heavy sigh.

“I completely understand you, Am. I know that you’re not angry at Krystal or even with Kai, but to yourself. You’re mad because you fall to someone who’s already taken. You’re unhappy because you thought that you’re trying to take someone’s lover. But that doesn’t mean that you should keep yourself down, you know?” He gently said. His last sentence made me raise my head up.

I saw his comforting smile before he continued, “First of all, you didn’t even know it in the first place, right? Second, it seems to me that Krystal is just as confuse as you are.” I shot him an inquisitive look. “W-what do you mean, Hyung?”

He looked away and stared back into the sky. “I think Krystal is … also falling for you.” I was shocked. ‘How can Zack say that? Is it true? No, I better not let those words add more things in my thoughts. And also, it’s ridiculous!’

“You’ve got to be kidding, Zack. There’s no way she’s going to feel something like that. And even if what you’re saying is true, what could possibly the reason?” I may sound a little rude but it really just seemed impossible.

“To be honest, I don’t fully know. But the fact that you two are too affectionate to each other and Krystal’s confusion made me think so. If you’re thinking that I am saying this to give you a hopes up so it will make you feel better, then you’re wrong. I’m totally saying an honest statement because you’re not the only one who’s falling in love here. Our friends are falling one by one too, just like you.” He said.

That made me cogitated all over again. The closeness, those sweet nothings, our small promises, and the way we act towards each other. It all goes back and it did give me a pound of confusion.

“So you mean that I have a chance? But, Hyung, you know that we’re not like that, right? We don’t fight, we don’t hurt someone, and lastly, we don’t do things that will break a person or two apart.” Zack shot me a serious look first before smiling again.

“Yes, I know it clearly. What I mean is you had a slight chance of having her as your girlfriend. You don’t need to force her. All you need to do is have a talk with her. It will give you all the answers and straighten the conflict between the two of you. It will help you clear your mind, and after that talk, all you need to do is to wait for what may happen next.” He calmly said.

“Are you sure about that? What if there’s nothing in that talk but hurtful truth? What shall I do then?” I’m starting to get anxious, though Hyung’s solution is the best option to cut this thing up.

“If that happens then you have to get through it. Accept the truth and get over with it. It’s easy to say than done but it’s better than suffering from hatred, right? Besides, we’ll help you anyway so I’m sure you can do it.” His words finally made me smile. Even though just slightly, it felt like a very heavy bag of worry lightened up. ‘Hyung’s right. We could only settle this out if we had decent talk.’

“I knew that talking to you will absolutely help me. Thank you, Hyung.” I said as I smile genuinely. “No problem, kiddo! You know you can always count on me, coz that’s what brothers are for, right!?” He patted my head while laughing.

I know it’s going to be hard but just like what Hyung usually says; ‘Whatever happened happens. The important thing is for you to know how to accept it.’

I came out from my own thoughts when Hyung patted my arm a little hard which took my attention. “So little brother, let’s go to sleep now shall we?” He called out while stretching his back. I nodded then yawned loudly. We laughed together as we go back inside.

We’re on the stairs when Hyung spoke up. “By the way, this Kai guy … if ever he used violence towards you again, tell me immediately, ok?” His tone is pretty serious that it almost gave me the chill. “Got it, Captain!”

Once we’re in front of the door of our respective rooms, Hyung suddenly smack my head. “Hey, what was that all about?!” I yelled in a whispering way as I held my head. “Nothing. Just a little punishment because of your snobbish act with Krys previously and for not telling me anything about this thing much earlier.” I massaged my head and clicked my tongue as I look at him irritatingly.

“Geez, sorry and thanks! If ever this same situation happens to you, don’t expect me to do what you did, twice the pain and sermon.” I was flaring out but he just smile and blocked his earholes as he go inside his room. “Aish!” I stomped my foot before opening the door.

While going inside, I got the feeling of someone is watching me. To be honest, I felt it even when I’m still with Zack-hyung until we finally got into our rooms. Since it’s already midnight, I just shrugged it off and lay down on my bed while my unaware members are still sleeping soundly. ”These guys are loud as always. I wonder how I can even get sleep when their snores are as loud as a hippo’s grunt.

With my body lying comfortably, I closed my I eyes. Krystal’s image showed up, and I know … it’s a sign that she’s something special to me, and my affection towards her will be for nothing if I don’t make a wise move.

Author’s POV

The morning came and Krystal was already long awake though it was very rare for her, or even her sister, to do.

She slowly walked down the stairs with head hung low and gone straight through the garden. Butterflies are everywhere around the whole lot and the flowers are so captivated for its wonderful variety of colors. The girl walked near the group of tulips and knelt down to stare at it. Looking at it calms her down and helps her think straight.

“I … I should talk to Amber and Kai. My heart is messy right now, but there’s one thing that I’m sure.” Krystal murmured while picking up one stem of flower. Droplets of tears started to fall down over her cheeks as she murmur once more, “I-I’m in love with A-Amber.”