I Am Ready

My Star

Krystal’s POV

We decided to go back early into the beach house because of my sister. Well, it’s not that I’m angry at her, but my time with everyone, especially with Amber, today was shorten because of her. But still, I’m so thankful she’s safe because Yuri-oppa saved her. I must check her later, but for now I’ll let her take a rest.

Once me, and Tiffany-unnie were finished changing, we immediately go to Jessica. We found her sleeping peacefully so we decided to talk to her later after dinner. While going to the living room, Tiffany-unnie suddenly asked to no one, “Is our room really that messy before we go out? Why is everything, specially our clothes, scattered around the whole room?” Her face was full of confusion but she shrugged it off.

Once we gone back into the living room, we saw all the guys except Amber and Zack-oppa, and some of the girls there doing random things. Sulli is watching TV with Luna while Vic-umma and Seohyun-unnie were reading some magazines with Yoona-oppa.

“Hey Krystal, is Jessica fine now?” Yuri-oppa approached me with a worried face. “She’s totally fine now. Anyway, what are you guys doing?” Yuri sighed in relief and goes back to Sooyoung and Taeyeon’s side. Tiffany goes to where Taeyeon-oppa is while I sat on a sofa beside Sulli and took the bag of potato chips from her hand. “HEY!” She was about to take it back but I kept on pulling it away everytime she’s about to grip it.

A minute later, she told me that she’ll just get something in our room so she’ll leave my side for a while. While watching, I looked back at Yuri-oppa’s direction and was somehow happy to see that he’s worried about my sister. ‘It looks like someone is being attracted to my Unnie.’ But somehow, to me, they act like how a cat and a dog do to each other.

Nicole’s POV

I was changing my clothes when my phone beeped. I looked at it and saw a text message from Hyoyeon.

From: Kim Choding<3

‘Hey, I’m kind’a bored down here so how about giving this Kim Choding a person to talk to? The breeze outside is pretty relaxing too. So … are you free?’

To: Dancing Nic<3

I smiled at his message. After last night, we became closer again, though we really did go back from the start. “Well it’s better than nothing, right?” I muttered to myself. “What?” I was surprised when Sulli suddenly appeared from my back. I turn around and saw her grinning at me. “So how was the day with your Dancing King, and how much progress you two have gone to already, Unnie?” I blushed at Sulli’s teasing questions.

Even though I know that there’s nothing special happening between me and Hyoyeon, still, I can’t help myself but to be embarrassed.

“T-there’s still none, okay. Were still starting, so don’t push me. Where did you learn to question people in that way anyway?! ” She clicked her tongue then chuckled, and continued before walking away, “Hyoyeon-oppa is waiting for you by the way, so you better hurry up, Nic-unnie!” I can’t do anything except blushing. ‘This dongsaeng sure knows how to tease me. A professional leg-puller!’

Since she said that Hyoyeon was waiting for me, I didn’t waste any more time and immediately arranged myself and go down to the living room. Luna suddenly approached me and said, “If you’re looking for your Prince Charming, he’s on the balcony. Don’t make him wait. We don’t want to hear him whining like an idiot.” With that, I kindly left him with a smile.

Once I got in the balcony, I immediately saw Hyoyeon, head is raised and eyes are darted into the sky. “You seemed like thinking deeply on something, mind to share it with me?” I walk closer to him and leaned my arms at the white wooden rails. The total proximity between us is just about five inches away. “Well, I don’t know how to say it so … can I tell nothing for now?” He scratched the back of his neck as his cheeks started to turn into a shades of pink.

‘You still got that habit with everytime you’re either shy or bothered even until now. I guess sometimes some people DON’T change no matter how long time had already passed by.’ I thought.

“Okay then, I’ll just go back inside.” I turned my back against him and started walking, and just as expected, even though he’s hesitating, he still grabbed my arm to stop me. “Wait! I-I will tell. Just promise me that you won’t get angry after and leave me.” Since I’m pretty curious, I nodded and waited for him to talk.

He cleared his throat and started, “You know that we agreed to start again as friends, right?” I nodded and he continued, “I just, you know, can’t seem to take it. What I mean is … I don’t want to start over. I want us to be totally back like before.” I frowned.

“I know that you want us to be back like before, but you must understand and keep in your mind that we have an image to maintain. I want us to be together again, but not today. It’s not the right time for us, Hyoyeon.” I lowered my head and was about to go when he yelled, “So all this time, the thing that matters for you is image?! How about me, how about my feelings?! And what if I don’t want to do what you say, and even tell the whole world about us, huh?!”

I shot a glare at him, but he didn’t flinched and I am the one who became scared instead. “I love you, from the bottom of my heart, Nicole. Call me selfish, but if telling the public about our relationship will destroy my career, and maybe even yours, I still don’t care as long as you’ll be back to my side! I don’t sacrificing everything if in the end, it’s you whole I’ll get. I’m not scared of them criticizing me or us.”

“As long as I got you … I can do anything without any hesitations. So please, consider it, Nicole. I wanted to tell these words for a long time, ever since we broke up!” Hyoyeon gently held my shoulders and seriously said, “I am ready, Nic.”

I felt like crying at his words. Yes, what he said maybe selfish, but he just wanted us to be together again and it really touched me. This time, I let myself be and hugged Hyoyeon tightly, like I will lose him if I don’t.

“Shh, don’t cry. You know that your tears are my weakness, right? So please smile brightly, Nic. If my decisions really hurts you and your image, then I’ll just wait and--“ I didn’t let him talk anymore. I kissed him to firmly shut his mouth. I gave all the love that I’ve been hiding all this time in the kiss, and I know he does too. After a minute, we finally parted. We didn’t say anymore words but just staring at each other’s eyes with a smile plastered at our face.

We were taking our sweet time silently, when someone suddenly clapped its hands and said, “Ok, stop this drama, the foods’ ready. Go back inside now.” We both looked at the direction where the voice came from with shocked expression. I saw Victoria-unnie with Luna and Sulli behind her. We both lowered our head with shades of pink on our cheeks. ‘It’s so embarrassing. But still, I’m happy that we’re finally back again.’

We held hands as we get inside. I heard the two creeps sniggering and giggling. “That was a nice kiss, Hyung! Where did you learn that?! Haha!”, “It’s much better than what I saw in the TV dramas these days.” Luna and Sulli kept on teasing us. Luckily, Vic-unnie dragged the two out to make it stop.