Bitter Or Sweet?

My Star

Luna’s POV

“Hey Sulli-ah, I smell something fishy.” I was staring at Krystal and Amber while Sulli is beside me, looking at the foods in front of her. “Yeah, me too. So what will you pick? Tuna, salmon, or catfish?” I looked back at Sulli and pouted. “I’m not talking about foods. What I mean is those two.” I pointed at the two lovebirds that are already walking away from where they are. “Oops. Sorry, Lun. So what do you want to do now?” We made a short staring contest and grinned.

She grabbed my hand and pulled me as she chirped, “Let’s go and spy on them!” I stopped my tracks, and so is she. She looked at me confused. “Wait a sec.” I walked back to the stall we’re looking at earlier and picked every dish they have and bought it as take-out.

After that, I came back to Sulli’s side. “I’m not sure what’s more delicious so I just picked all, and I also don’t want you to feel hungry. Here! Eat it while it’s still hot. Don’t worry, it’s my treat.” She blinked her eyes rapidly as she took the plastic of different types of seafoods that I am handing over to her.

She smiled and without any warning, she pulled me for a hugged. I felt my body tense and my face heated up. “Hehe, it’s not a big d-deal. You’re w-welcome.” She pulled away and started dragging me away. “Come on, let’s hurry up! I can’t see them anymore. We can’t lose those two!” We both ran through the crowds. We stopped at a corner and saw the 2nd ice princess pulling a poor llama into a big gate. I looked up and saw the sign.  ‘Welcome to Magic Mountain!’

“Let’s go?” I asked. She didn’t answer. Instead, she held my hand and pulled me into the entrance gate. ‘I think I must prepare my wallet and pocket money today!’

Sunny’s POV

I was walking beside Seohyun and Nicole. The whole gang goes on separate ways; Seohyun, Nicole, me, Sooyoung, Hyoyeon, and Yoona are at the Robertson Boulevard Shopping District, while Yuri, Jessica, Tiffany, and Taeyeon are in the Melrose Avenue. ‘May the person from above have mercy and help them deal with those two shopaholics.’

“Do you think Yuri-oppa and Taeyeon-oppa will still come home with a pair of arms and legs?” Nicole asked. “I hope those two won’t give the guys a hard time.” Seohyun added. We, girls, sighed while the guys looked in confusion. “What do you girls mean? Is there something about Tiffany and Jessica that we don’t know?” Sooyoung asked while munching a mouthful of chicken drumstick.

“Well, those two are hell of shopaholics and has the same habits of buying so many clothes, shoes, and bags like they’re buying the whole mall or something. By the way, please don’t talk when your mouth is full, Sooyoung-oppa.” Sooyoung choked and nervously smiled as he lowered his head at Seohyun.

“Anyway, so you’re saying that there’s a high possibility that Yuri and Taeyeon-hyung will become Tiffany and Jessica-noona’s servant, carrying their bags and such? Oh, poor hyungs.” Instead of pity, what Yoona said made us laughed hard. Yoona also laughed in the end. ‘Wish you two creeps’ good luck.’

“Hey Sunny, d-do you want some?” Sooyoung came closer to me and raised a slightly hot, new chicken drumstick in front of my face. I looked up to face him and only saw a kind smile. Instead of holding it, I opened my mouth and waited, indicated for him to feed it to me. We sure are walking side by side in a row only our friends are moving in almost synchronized way with the crowd scattered around everywhere inside the mall, but I somehow want to act cute in front of Sooyoung even if we’re in public.

I saw his cheeks slowly turning to shades of pink in every second he stared at me and my opened mouth. After almost a minute of waiting for him to feed me, I decided to finally close my mouth, only to be surprised when he gently shoved the chicken over my mouth. “Eat it till it’s completely done. It’s delicious and pretty juicy!” He chirped while feeding me. We heard giggles behind us, and these made the both of us blush hard.

“Jangshin and Danshin couple is not bad after all. It’s cute actually!” And they kept on teasing us as we continued to stroll around the big mall. “Where are Amber and the other three by the way?” Hyoyeon suddenly asked, making the others think at first. After the realization kicks in, they started panicking. “Oh no, our dongsaengs are MISSING!!!”, “Call 911!!!”, “Not again.”

Taeyeon’s POV

“May the almighty one have mercy on our souls!” Yuri and I yelled as we keep our balance from carrying this pile of shopping bags and shoeboxes with only the two of us. “Man, I think any more minutes of carrying this and I’m gonna lose my arms.” I said while panting. “Come on, just a little more push, bro! I know we can survive this!” Yuri’s body was full of sweat, and because he’s wearing a light blue trouser, covered with a navy blue vest, the sweat over his chest and back is visible.

Well, it’s almost the same to mine anyway. I’m wearing a plain gray shirt with a jumper from my torso until to my thighs, making every sweat over my body contacts directly to my clothes.

Speaking back to my clothes, it’s somewhat childish but since this is what Tiffany wants me to wear, I did not object it. Some girls are staring at me and Yuri, and the girls in front of us are still busy with their eye, window shopping or something and such. After another hour of moving to one shop then to another, they finally put an end at their shopping spree. They also finally thought of asking us if we want to eat. “More than everything!” We exclaimed.

“Ah, finally … some rest.” Yuri exhaled as he slumps his weary body over the chair. “Yeah, you’re right. And if this kind of activity happens every day, we sure don’t need to go to the gym anymore.” I stated which he immediately agreed at. “Oh, shut up. You two are both males so it’s clearly acceptable if we made you carry the things we bought, right?” Jessica nonchalantly said which made us growl in annoyance.

“Yeah, yeah, just think of us like your servants. That’s a very good thing, Sica, Bravo!” Yuri sarcastically said while clapping, making himself earned a punch from the brunette.

I could only laugh at the two, but then I noticed something. “Where’s Fany?” I asked Jessica who’s still bullying my poor friend, Yuri. “She’s at the counter buying our foods.” I didn’t say anything after her answer. Instead, I stood up and left our table to look for Tiffany. Walking upon piles of aligned people, waiting to give their orders, I kept on looking around from here and there until I saw a familiar pink fluffy jacket.

I walk near the figure and seriously, even when our distance towards each other is more than a meter, I can still tell if she’s Tiffany or not. ‘From just a normal crushing to a totally in love Taeyeon, you sure do captured my heart very hard, you pink monster, even though it’s unintentional.’

“Hey Pink Panther, mind if I help you?” I playfully said while posing myself like a butler. She giggled. ‘Oh, Totoro, even her giggles is like a song to my ears.’ “Oh, shut up, Gummy Bear! But if you really want to help then how about guiding me up while I choose the foods we’re going to eat?” She showed me her special weapon that always and forever will be my greatest weakness, her eye-smile.

“O-okay!” I can’t help myself but blush. ‘Oh man… ‘

Author’s POV

While TaeNy are still busy in ordering, the cat-dog couple is still bickering.

“Next time, just buy the whole mall so you don’t need to choose those things for a total of two hours, will you? Oh, and also to stop you from making me carrying your shopping bags. I don’t even know how and when you will ever wear this if there’s already a bunch of other clothes in your house or dorm or wherever you put these.” Yuri kept on retorting while the other is already red because anger.

She was about to slap the latter who’s eyes are closed, when she suddenly heard something that really made her heart skip a beat.

“And most of all, why do you also have to buy these fancy outfits when even with just a simple outfit … it will already make you look beautiful … effortlessly.” The guy then opened his eyes and was confused when he received a gentle hold over the shoulder instead of a hard slap. It even made him more confused when he saw Jessica smiling shyly, instead of showing glares that can pierce his soul like a dagger.

Yuri mindlessly rose up his hand and let it fall over the brunette’s head. He gently ruffled the brunette’s hair as he smiled warmly. “I don’t know if you’ll trust nor believe me or not, but really … you’re just beautiful in any and many ways. You don’t need anything. Just be simple and natural. You’re already beautiful, Popsicle.” This totally made Jessica’s heart beat faster than a bullet train, and it’s still unknown to Yuri but his heart too, is beating fast.

The time around them seems to go slower, and they don’t seem to feel any other people presence around except their selves.

“Well, hello there, newlyweds! Sorry to disturb your quality time with each other, but me and Tiffany here wants to have a seat and eat peacefully.” Taeyeon teased while holding the tray of foods they ordered. Jessica and Yuri finally snapped away from their daydream and both had shades of pink around their cheeks. Taeyeon and Tiffany could only laugh at their friends’ faces.

The daytime passed by so fast and the whole gang is finally reunited at exact 6:00pm and is ready to hit the road to go home.

Inside the girls’ car…

“Hey, you four, where the hell did you guys go? Don’t you know that we’re so worried sick? We almost called the 911 just to look for you all!” Sunny, being one of the elders in the group, scolded the two maknaes, who’s heads are hanging low. “Sorry, Sunny-unnie. We promise that we won’t do it again.” The two sadly said. Sunny could only sigh.

She then patted the youngers’ heads before finally leaving the two’s side to let them rest. The remaining girls are all silent. Some are busy using their smartphone some are sleeping, and some are just listening to the song from their headphones.

At the boys’ car…

“Don’t do that again, you two hear me?!” Sooyoung sternly said to Amber and Luna. Luna was nodding while nudging Amber, who’s pretty much not in a mood to neither react nor talk to anyone. After minutes of ignorance, Sooyoung just sighed and diverted his gaze to the road ahead. Before finally going to his own world, he said in much more calm tone, “At least inform us before parting ways, because we will surely be worried about what might happen to you guys.”

“We got it.” Luna was the only one who answered back. Amber’s still timid and silent. He’s not moving even an inch ever since he came inside the car. His mood is totally down and the smile on his face is completely gone. As the car goes inside the dark tunnel, the silent guy finally said something, “I just want to go back to Korea already. I want to go away from you . . . Krystal.”