Chapter 01

Broken Red Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungjong had just finished his thesis consultation of the day when he heard some shouting coming from the campus’ backyard. Sungjong was not one to in other people’s business, but it worried Sungjong when the shouting died down and instead, a loud sob was heard from the place. Before he knew it, Sungjong already made his way towards the source of the sound.

But what welcomed him as he reached the place was quite unexpected. A girl slapping a guy, that was the sight that greeted him. What surprised him even more was it’s the very same girl who had been sobbing just before Sungjong got there.

“Y-you — “, the guy that had just been slapped shouted, seeming to be as surprised as Sungjong was “You think you could do that just because you are an alpha? You— “ he was ready to attack the girl before she shot him a glare.

“Give it a try…” the girl’s voice was low, yet threatening enough, it even gave Sungjong shivers. That’s the voice which alphas used when they give order to betas or omegas.

The girl then continued her words, “And I won’t guarantee what would happen to that handsome face of yours…..” that was enough to make the guy sprint away, leaving Sungjong and the girl alone at the backyard.

Sungjong was about to walk away from the place—from the girl, to be exact, just when the female alpha realized his presence there.

“Uh….” Sungjong did not know what to say, the last thing he wanted was to get in trouble. But when he took a better look at the girl’s expression that had changed, Sungjong immediately forgot his intention.

Tears were threatening to spill from the girl’s eyes, and Sungjong unknowingly scooted closer to the girl.

“A-are you alright?” Sungjong hesitantly asked.

That was when the girl started sobbing (again) and tears began flowing across her round cheeks. How the girl changed her action and emotion so quick baffled Sungjong.

A few minutes later, Sungjong found himself sitting on the ground next to the girl. Her cry had subsided down, but she was still sniffling. Without knowing why, Sungjong found it hard to leave her alone and ended up trying his best to comfort her, despite the fact that the two were total strangers. Not to mention that the girl was an alpha, something that was still uncommon in the society even when it’s compared to male omega.

“My name is Ryu Sujeong…”, the girl suddenly began speaking, still sniffling a little bit. Once again, her action baffled Sungjong. Why did she introduce herself all of a sudden? But Sungjong thought it would be inappropriate if he did not introduce himself after she did, so he also began speaking.

“My name is Lee Sungjong”, he turned his head to his side, wanting to take a better look of Sujeong’s face. “I am on my final year here. And… oh- I am from the Japanese Literature major. How about you?” the atmosphere was a bit awkward, so Sungjong tried to sound as cheerful as he could.

Sujeong looked at the male as she answered him “I am majoring in English Literature!” her tone was suddenly excited, a total change from her previous emotion. “So I guess you are my sunbae? Sungjong sunbae?” she blinked her eyes as she asked him.

Sungjong’s answer was short. “Yeah….” it still baffled him how Sujeong’s emotion could change so easily.

The two of them fell silence for a while until Sujeong began speaking again.

“So…. yeah… as you have probably heard, I am an alpha.” without Sungjong asking, the girl just clarified it out of the blue. Her eyes never left Sungjong’s as she spoke.

“Are you not scared of me?” Sujeong suddenly asked him, and Sungjong thought it was a pretty blunt question. But by now the male could not be bothered to be surprised over Sujeong’s behavior any longer.

And Sungjong thought there was no reason for him to be scared of her.

“Nope.”, Sungjong told her his true opinion. “To be honest, you kinda surprised me at first, I mean… when you hit that guy earlier. But no, I am not scared of you. I myself am a male, and an omega. Meanwhile you are a female, and an alpha. What’s so wrong with that?” Sungjong gave her a reassuring smile, his answer actually made Sujeong widen her eyes.

“F-for real?”, Sujeong asked Sungjong in disbelief. “Usually, a male would be scared- even disgusted when they find a female alpha like me… just like Taehyung- that jerk earlier…. yeah….”, Sujeong did not finish her sentence as she heaved a sigh, looking sad again.

Sujeong’s words earned a frown from Sungjong. He thought it was silly to be scared of her. Hating, being afraid, and abusing someone just because their status was a bit different from the others was just ridiculous. As someone who had been abused because of his status in the past, Sungjong could not help but sympathize over her.

Sungjong then responded to Sujeong’s question, “Yeah, for real. Even though it’s my first time to meet a female alpha, I am not scared at all”, Sungjong curved his lips into a small smile, he wanted the girl to be assured, that it was okay to be someone different.

Sujeong’s next action managed to surprise Sungjong again. The girl’s lips turned into a lopsided grin before she pulled the male into a hug. “Thank you, sunbae! I am glad someone li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter