Chapter 09 (Howon's POV)

Broken Red Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After my meeting with Sungjong, I finally managed to convince Myungeun to stay at the hotel since I was meeting with an old friend of mine, which was no other than Dongwoo hyung. Since Dongwoo hyung’s schedule as a celebrity’s road manager was very packed, we decided to just have a short meet up at a café in the building where his artist had a schedule at.

Even though I had always known that Dongwoo hyung worked as a celebrity manager, I never expected that he worked for Ailee, the singer whom Myungeun had always idolized. As soon as I was introduced to Ailee-ssi, I could not help but feel a bit guilty for Myungeun because I did not bring her here with me. Well, maybe I could make it up by asking Ailee-ssi to meet Myungeun the other time when she is free.

As we were having some casual conversation, another unexpected thing happened. Someone approached our table, and when I looked up, I immediately noticed who the person was. It was no other than Sungyeol, my classmate in highschool, and also Sungjong’s brother.

Before I could say anything to Sungyeol, Ailee, who noticed his sudden appearance asked him in confusion.

“Sungyeol-ah? Want to join in?” I heard her asking him hesitantly as Sungyeol’s upset look was very apparent on his face. Pretty sure the expression on his face was caused by my presence here. I knew how protective Sungyeol had always been towards Sungjong.

I saw Sungyeol responding to Ailee by shaking his head before darting his eyes to me for a moment, giving me a sharp glare.

“Please excuse me, Ailee noona, manager-nim” he turned his head at the two “But can I have a talk with this guy right here?” he glanced at me once again, pointing his thumb at me. Seriously, this guy could be irritating, even rude, when he was upset.

Not really grasping the situation and unsure of what to do, Dongwoo hyung and Ailee looked at each other before they glanced at me.

I knew there was no way I could run away from Sungyeol, so I told Ailee-ssi and Dongwoo hyung to give me some time to talk to Sungyeol before I went to Sungyeol’s table to sit with him. Both Sungyeol and I tried to keep our voice as low as possible. At first we almost got interrupted by a guy—whom Sungyeol addressed as ‘manager hyung’, before Sungyeol told him to give him some time as well. By the look of it, seemed like he continued his career as a model up until now.

“What are you doing here, Lee Howon?” I could feel Sungyeol’s piercing gaze as he asked me, it was clear that the beta was not amused to see me at all despite us being friends for three years during high school. Even so, I understood why he was being like this, I knew how much he treasured Sungjong.

“I came back for him.” I told him the truth, no lies.

I saw Sungyeol widening his eyes after he heard my answer. “Came back? For whom? You better not be saying that you’re coming back for our Sungjongie” I heard Sungyeol scoffed. “You think you could just come back after 2 years as if nothing ever happened?” his words were indeed true, but I would not let this beta threaten me. He needed to know that I was being serious.

“I still love him, Sungyeol.” I said the words firmly.

Sungyeol let out another sarcastic cackle “Not funny. You think you could come back just like that and say such a thing? Do you even know what you’ve made Jongie went through?” I could tell that Sungyeol was trying his best not to raise his voice.

I, on the other hand, was not hesitant to raise my voice at all. Sungyeol was really getting on my nerves. Even though he used to be my friend, as a beta, he needed to know his place not to just order an alpha around and told them what to do “I know I was wrong!” I took a deep breath before I continued my words “But I had my reasons! Do you think I was happy to abandon him like that? He’s my mate, Sungyeol!”

By now, Sungyeol was probably raging with fury just like how I was, but he was aware that his manager’s eyes were on us, and I knew as a celebrity, Sungyeol would not cause any trouble that could lead him to scandals, no matter what the reason was.

Unable to do nor say anything no more, I saw the tall guy shooting me a scowl before standing up from his seat. “Let’s just stop this ridiculous talk. I really can not stand you.” he kept glaring at me, showing an evident dislikeness towards me. “And I shall warn you, don’t you dare to come anywhere near to Jongie. He has had enough problem and I’m sure he would not nee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter