Chapter 15

Broken Red Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had passed ever since the incident of that night, and Sungjong’s heat had completely ended. Since then, Sungjong had stayed in the apartment with Howon. The omega would go back and forth to manage his thesis while Howon would go to the hotel where he and Myungeun were supposed to stay together to check on the female sometimes. At first Howon felt bad for Myungeun, but his guilt ceased when he found out that Myungeun had been spending time with Sungjong’s friend, Sujeong.

It was a normal Sunday morning when Sungjong was cooking for breakfast. As he was concentrated on the chicken he was boiling, he felt a pair of arms wrapped around his waist from behind. Sungjong was not surprised at all and let out a chuckle as he already knew to whom those arms belonged to.

“Good morning hyung,” he glanced over his shoulder to get a sight of his lover. “It’s so unusual of you to wake up this early.”

“The bed feels cold without you…” Sungjong only smiled as he heard Howon muttered. He swore the alpha could be very clingy.

They had just finished breakfast when they suddenly heard the bell ring. Howon opened the door only to find Jiae in front of the door. It took him quite a while to recognize the female as they had not seen each other for long, and Jiae had changed her haircolour, from the brunette she used to have back during high school to jet black. Nevertheless, the two were happy to see each other as they were pretty close back in highschool, one being Sungjong’s bestfriend, and the other one being his lover.

“I heard from Sungyeol oppa regarding what happened. I can’t believe that person actually came back…” Jiae heaved a sigh as she spoke. “I wanted to visit you guys earlier, but Sungyeol oppa also told me that it’s better to wait until Sungjong’s heat ended” a playful smile then could be seen on the female’s face, making Sungjong blush slightly while Howon tried to avert her gaze.

“I am sorry, Sungjong-ah. Had I not called you to come to my home that day, it would not have happened…..” Jiae’s playful smile turned into a sad expression all of a sudden, causing Sungjong to frown.

“Hey, it’s not your fault at all, Jiae-ya.” Sungjong reached forward to take Jiae’s hand and squeezed it gently, not missing Howon’s obvious jealousy as he did so. But he couldn’t care less about that at the moment.

Jiae looked up to his friend, guilt was apparent in her eyes. “But….”

“No buts” Sungjong said firmly “You’re my friend and I will always try my best to come to you whenever you need me.” Sungjong ended off the sentence with a reassuring smile before letting go of Jiae’s hand. Jiae could feel her eyes b with tears because of Sungjong’s words. She would have cried if only Howon did not crack one of lame jokes of his.

“Yeah, to the point that Jongie would postpone his meeting with me” his words earned a soft chuckle from Jiae and an eye roll from Sungjong. At the same time, it also proved that Howon was still the same person as the one they met on highschool, the senior who liked to crack lame jokes.

When Sungjong was away to put the fruits Jiae had brought for them in the fridge, Howon and Jiae had some casual conversation, which later led into a more serious talk.

“You’re so brave, oppa….”

Howon raised an eyebrow “I don’t quite get what you mean, Jiae”

Jiae pursed her lips slightly before responding to Howon “What I mean is, you actually have a courage to go to Sungjongie and try to win him back…. If I were you, I don’t think I would have a courage to do it….” She trailed off, making Howon look at her in confusion.

“I am not sure what had happened with you, Jiae. But I did it simply because I love him. Believe it or not, at first I also had fear and hesitation, I was scared that he would reject me. But it is Jongie, and to me, he is worth to fight for. In the end, we got back together and it all worth it.” Howon finished with a nod.

Ever since what happened last week, Jiae had not had any contact with Jung Yein any longer. She found herself longing for her, for Jung Yein, not Seo Jisoo. But she had messed up big times and scared that she would just ruin things even more if she tried to approach her. But after hearing what Howon said, she thought that it would not hurt to give it a try.

Jiae then took her leave an hour later, thanking both Howon and Sungjong as she bid them goodbye.

Somehow the couple became a lesson for the people around them. Just like Sungyeol, Jiae also thought that it was probably time for her to fix what she had ruined.

Howon and Sungjong went out to eat at NIT restaurant later at evening. They chose the place because they also wanted to meet Soojung and his fiancé, Sunggyu. At first they wan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter