Chapter 05

Broken Red Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sujeong's POV

Ryuvely : actually

Ryuvely : I want to see you

I stared at my phone screen restlessly as I waited for her reply. That had actually been one straightforward reply… and JIN unnie might get creeped out by me right now.

But I was just being honest, I just really wanted to see her….

For other people, they might think it’s weird, feeling deep and great affection for someone whom you barely knew and never seen. People had also said that what we knew, saw, and experienced on virtual world would be different in real world, but I didn’t care.

To me, JIN unnie was… everything. We had known each other for three years, and only with her I could tell everything. She even knew my identity as a female alpha, but never once get scared of me—at least it did not make her stop talking to me in the chatroom. After meeting so many jerks, narrow-minded people who looked down and even got scared of female alpha, I couldn’t help but feel deep affection towards JIN unnie.

Truthfully, I knew that this kind of affection was completely one-sided, especially because JIN unnie already had someone she loved for years, that oppa… I never knew his name, but from her stories, I could tell how devoted JIN unnie was towards him.

Then again, it would not hurt to try, right? Although there was also a possibility that JIN unnie might be scared of me once we meet in real life, I still wanted to see her.

I got taken slightly aback when I felt my phone vibrates and noticed that her reply has appeared on my screen.

JIN : hmmmm

JIN : that seemed to be a good idea

JIN : I kinda want to see you too, ryuvely-ya

JIN : >_<

Did I read it right??? JIN unnie wanted to see me too?

With a wide grin on my face, I replied to her message. She left the chatroom later as she had a class to attend, and she said she would inform me again later regarding her visit to Seoul.  I also signed out from the chatroom and put my phone on my bag, still wearing the wide grin on my face. This was really happening!

“You seem so happy….” I suddenly heard a voice coming from behind me. Startled, I let out a squeak as I turned around, ready to hit the person, until I found out that it was Sungjong oppa.

“Oppa!” I whined childishly, “You surprised me!”

I saw him shaking his head, seeming to disagree with what I said. “Actually I have been here since 10 minutes ago…. And even called your name, but you seem too immersed in your phone to notice me~” He pursed his lips as he pretended to be upset. This omega was just too cute sometimes!

“Sorry, oppa….” I cracked a sheepish grin as I uttered my apology. “I can not help it. I am just sooooo excited!”

He blinked his eyes and asked me what could make me that excited, then I explained how a chat buddy of mine would be visiting Seoul soon.

“And, where is this ‘JIN’ from?” he asked as we made our way out of the campus area. Today, we were going to a bookstore together.

Something that made me and Sungjong oppa got along well so fast was our interest in literature, even though his interest were more towards Asian literature, especially Japanese (thus explained why he majored in that field), while I was more interested in European literature as a student of English literature.

“She is from Busan, oppa” I nodded my head and smiled as I told him. But then he went quiet as soon as I answered him. I raised my brow in slight worry. Have I said anything wrong?

“What’s wrong, oppa?” I asked him as he was still not saying even a word. But he only shook his head.

“It’s nothing, Sujeong-ah” he said as we continued walking. I pouted at the lack of response from him, but could not complain since he asked me to hurry so we would not have to wait for long for the bus.

Sungjong’s POV

Busan? If I remembered it correctly, it was Howon hyung’s hometown.

Howon hyung…. I wonder if he had come back to Busan ever since left me.

Since what happened a week ago. I could not help but started thinking about him again. My thoughts were filled with worry and longing for him. I had been wondering whether it was really the bond reacting. And if it really was,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter