Chapter 14 (Sungyeol's POV)

Broken Red Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(This chapter will be focused on Sungyeol with some friendship!Myungyeol and Myungkei)

 

I felt myself fidgeting as my manager drove me to Howon and Sungjong’s apartment. It had been five days since that incident happened, and I had not seen my brother ever since that alpha of his kidnapped him and locked him up in their apartment.

Kidding, I knew what actually happened. That bastard husband of our mother actually tried to Sungjongie again and Howon had saved my brother for the second time. What made things worse was, Jongie happened to be in heat when it happened, which left me with no choice but letting him to stay with Howon for the time being. Even though I still did not trust my brother’s mate-- or ex-mate, I was not sure which one, being with Howon was better than being with that old man or some random alpha, I guess.

To say that I was shocked at the situation I saw when I reached Sungjongie’s place was an understatement. All I planned that day was giving my brother his favourite lemon cake after I finished a photoshoot. But I was met with that situation and ended up being the one who take care of the old man instead by bringing him to the cops. Apparently he had quite a lot of criminal records already, so it was not that difficult to put him behind the bar. I also met my mother at the police station and she actually cursed at me, saying that Jongie and I were such disgraces and she regretted had giving birth to us. Too late to say that now, mom. Anyways, there were things that need to be taken care of further, such as courts, if we wanted to put him in the jail, but let’s not talk about it for now.

And four days after it happened, I could finally get to be in contact with Sungjong. I asked him whether I could visit him or not, at least to have a talk with Howon. Judging how he’s able to respond to my call, it seemed that his heat had calmed down. The last thing I would want to do was seeing my brother and Howon being rabbits when I visit their apartment, after all.

Of course, being a protective alpha he was, Howon did not allow me to see Sungjong when I reached their apartment. I wanted to complain, but I knew my status as a beta would be useless… especially in front of an alpha who had his omega who was in heat.

Howon assured me that Sungjong was alright, and I could hear Sungjong shouting from the bedroom as I was seated on the living room, telling me that it’s better for me not to see him for now. I eventually gave up, and so I ended up sitting face to face with Howon-- who was fully clothed, of course, in the living room. After what happened a few days ago, it was pretty much expected that the atmosphere between us would be pretty bad. But still, I had to talk to him.

“Listen.” Howon suddenly started before I did, his face was all serious and a bit tense, he looked almost funny. “What happened that night was definitely not something I expect. And I knew you had warned me not to get anywhere near Jongie, but I didn’t have any choice that night, so----”

“Did you ask for his consent?” I cut off his sentence, not wanting to hear a long- explanation.

Howon paused for a while before nodding his head. “I did. And he had agreed to it.”

I mentally sighed in relief before slumping my shoulders back against the couch. “Aaaaalright. That’s all I need to know.” Howon blinked in surprise, seeming to be shocked at my sudden approval, as opposite of how I acted when I met him the other day.

“You are going to let it go just like this?” I saw the alpha raising his eyebrow at me. Sheesh, he should be grateful that I actually approved him so easily.

“As long as it’s what Jongie actually wanted, I am not going to object.” I told him firmly, so he could tell that I was being completely serious.

“But-“ I then continued speaking. I wanted to use this moment to say what needed to be said. “I want you to know that you should use this as a chance, the first and last chance to make everything up after you treated him just like that two years ago.” I looked at him with a keen gaze. “Jongie had been through enough, and he does not deserve suffer anymore….. And for that, I want to promise me that you will not repeat the same mistake.” There was a pregnant pause before I continued my words. “Show me that you really deserve the second chance that you’re getting. And promise me that you will make him happy, Lee Howon.” My eyes never left my ex-classmate’s as I stated my actual feeling towards this issue.

I saw Howon nodded his head firmly, his gaze was as sharp as mine.

“I promise I will make him happy.”

That answer satisified me, at least for now. We still had to see how things would go in the future. But for now, I wanted to believe that this man in front of me was the right person who would give Jongie all the happi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter