Chapter 04

Broken Red Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To Park Myungeun, there was only Lee Howon.

She had been in love with Howon ever since she could remember. It started with a pure childhood crush that gradually turned into love, a one-sided one. Yeah, Myungeun’s love for the alpha had always been one-sided.

Myungeun told Howon about her feelings back when she was in elementary school and Howon was in middle school, but the male thought that she was not being serious and told her that he merely saw her as a younger sister.

Many people-- including Howon’s sister, Mijoo, and even her own parents, told Myungeun to give up, especially after Howon decided to attend his highschool in Seoul. But Myungeun just would not give in. She wanted to believe that the alpha was her fated mate. People might think that she was a fool, but even 7 years of separation was not enough to make her feelings towards him fade.

No words could describe Myungeun’s happiness when she was told that Howon had come back to Busan. She greeted the male with joy. She immediately declared her love towards him once again, wishing that Howon would look at her as a woman now that she’s all grown up and mature, only to have her heart broken as Howon told her that he already had a mate. At first, Myungeun was about to give up, but turned out that she had more hope than she thought when she found out that the possibility for Howon and his mate-- Lee Sungjong, that’s what Myungeun heard, to continue their relationship was less likely.

No matter how much people told Myungeun to give up, she just would not do it. She did not care even though people called her stupid and delusional, she believed if she kept waiting for him patiently, Howon would finally open his heart up.

Even during her busy days as an art academy student and a daughter of a prestigious family, sometimes Myungeun felt that her live was pretty dull, especially without Howon on her side. That was when she started seeking for a ‘runaway’ place, one that could let her meet many new people without being judged from her status, wealth, and talent. That was when Myungeun started going on a popular internet chatroom by the identity ‘JIN’.

And then she met Ryuvely.

To her, Ryuvely was everything. They just…. clicked. They knew each other very well, but at the same time, they did not. They never met even once. She only knew that Ryuvely was a female alpha who lived in Seoul, she was younger than her by a year, and she often told Myungeun, or JIN about the hard times she faced because of her status. Meanwhile, JIN had told Ryuvely that she was an art academy student who lived in Busan, she dreamed to be a singer-song writer, and she was in love with her childhood friend.

Just like that, JIN and Ryuvely had become a place for each other to tell everything about their life. Ryuvely would tell her the hardship she had for being a female alpha, and JIN would tell the younger about her effort in winning Howon’s heart. Ryuvely was always there for JIN, and JIN was always there for Ryuvely.

Today was just another day for JIN to tell Ryuvely about Howon, especially after the event that just occurred a day ago.

Ryuvely : How are things going with that oppa, unnie?

JIN : heung.. I don’t know anymore

Ryuvely : eeeh, why?

Ryuvely : I thought things were going good with you two

Ryuvely : Didn’t you say that you got to hug him when he cried the other day?

JIN : that’s true….

JIN : but…

JIN : I overheard him the other day

Ryuvely : eh? ㅇ ㅡ ㅇ

JIN : ㅠㅠ

JIN : seems like he wants to go back to Seoul….

JIN : maybe I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter