Chapter 07

Broken Red Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right now Howon was on the plane to Seoul. He was finally going to see Sungjong, Lee Sungjong, his omega, his mate after two years.

But at the moment he was also stuck with the female who was currently sitting right next to him, Park Myungeun.

It was not that Howon disliked Myungeun or something, in fact, Howon had always seen Myungeun as a younger sister and treated her just the way he treated Mijoo. But he never understood why was the female so stubborn about her feelings towards him. He had been told by Mijoo that the female seemed to look up to him a lot. Well, Howon had to say that she looked up to a wrong person. After all, he was just a coward who had abandoned his own mate without any explanation, something that he himself admitted.

The first place Howon visited after he and Myungeun reached Seoul was the old apartment that used to be his residence when he attended high school and college in the city. It was also the very same place where Sungjong started living with him after he became a college student, and the place where he had left the omega alone two years ago.  Even up until now, Howon could still remember the omega’s innocent sleeping face, the last time Howon saw him before he stepped out of the apartment secretly.

The alpha entered the apartment with Myungeun following behind him. Before going to the apartment, Howon had told the female that she should just go to the hotel and rest so he could bring her to go around Seoul after he is done with what he needed to do. But she insisted to go with the male.

Howon took a deep breath as he stepped inside. Although he had expected it to be empty, he could not help the disappointment inside him as he failed to see Sungjong as soon as he could. The place, however, did not change at all. Somehow the place was clean and neat, as if it had never been abandoned. Howon assumed that Sungjong still came here to clean the place up sometimes, although the omega did not stay here anymore.

The male then noticed that Myungeun had been checking out the stuff inside the apartment in curiosity. Howon heard her calling him as her eyes caught a frame of photo that’s placed at the living room. It was a picture of Howon with Sungjong and his brother Sungyeol, also Soojung and Jiae, taken on the day of Jiae and Sungjong’s highschool graduation.

“Which one is your mate, oppa?” Myungeun bluntly asked Howon. Although the female had heard of Sungjong many times- mainly from Mijoo, who had always attempted convincing Myungeun to give up on her brother, she had never seen how the male omega looked like. Not even once.

Howon was not sure whether he should tell her or not, but perhaps it was better if she knew, so she could completely give up on him.

“It’s… him…” he pointed at Sungjong’s face on the picture.

Myungeun nodded her head as she studied the omega’s face.

“His name is Lee Sungjong-ssi…. Right?” she asked, which Howon simply responded with a nod.

Seeing as there was no sign of Sungjong’s presence at all in the apartment, Howon soon decided to go to the next place he could thought of, Sungjong’s campus. The alpha assumed that the younger male now lived either in the campus’ dorm or with Sungyeol, since it was what Sungjong had planned when he was about to enter college before Howon asked the omega to live in his apartment instead.

Once again, Howon offered Myungeun to drop her off at the hotel. Yet the female refused Howon’s offer for the second time and insisted to go with him. The alpha really did not understand her intention as she seemed to be so eager to see Sungjong. But Howon did not really want to get bothered by that right now, because his priority was to see his mate as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, Sungjong was currently stuck in his dormitory room, doing his thesis, without knowing about Howon’s arrival in Seoul. There was only one chapter left to be finished, so the omega hoped he would finish his thesis by the end of this month.

Sungjong had told Sungyeol about his encounter with his step-father, which happened two days ago, and the older male almost freaked out the moment Sungjong told him what happened.

Ever since his encounter with the man, Sungjong did not dare to come out of the campus area unless it was really necessary. And if he went out, he would seek for a company- mostly Sujeong, who knew what had been happening and voluntarily become the male omega’s ‘guardian’, something that Sungjong thought was silly, but still appreciated.

Sungjong was also still in a fight with Jiae. The male had been texting and also tried to call her, but all of them were left ignored. Sungjong gotta admit that his bestfriend could be so stubborn sometimes.

Two hours passed and Sungjong kept his focus on his thesis until he received a call from the dorm administrator. The administrator informed that someone wished to see him. Sungjong could not help but feel reluctant about it, because it could be his step-father who was visiting. But there was no way the man was mad enough to actually follow him all the way to his campus, that was what he thought.

So Sungjong decided to ask the administrator who the person was, and the answer--- the name that was uttered throught the call was not something Sungjong had expected.

It was Howon

********************************

How could someone be so beautiful? That was what Howon had always thought everytime he saw Sungjong. Even now, when he saw Sungjong standing in front of him after two years of being separated from the omega, his thought about Sungjong still had not changed. The omega was as dazzling as Howon remembered him to be. Howon did not even miss the small changes in the omega’s appearance, such as how his hair had gotten longer, and how the omega had grown taller.

Meanwhile, Sungjong was just staring at Howon in surprise, finding it hard to believe that the man who abandoned him two years ago- his alpha, his mate, was now standing right in front of his very eyes.

“Howon hyung….?” Howon blinked his eyes when he heard Sungjong calling his name all of a sudden, which made things felt even more real.

“Jongie…..” as much as Howon wanted to just smile and pulled the omega into a hug, the look on Sungjong’s face told him that there were

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter