Epilogue

Broken Red Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four years had passed since Sungjong gave birth to his and Howon’s son, Lee Junyoung. Sungjong permanently moved to the Lee’s residence after he graduated from college, but he still ocassionaly visited Seoul to meet Sungyeol, Jiae, Sujeong, and the others.

Howon had sold his old apartment in Seoul and bought the new, bigger one. At first Sungjong insisted to just keep the one-roomed apartment instead of buying a new one, but the alpha reasoned that the would need one with more rooms once they have more kids, something that Howon and Sungjong had actually planned out as well.

And this time, Sungjong and Howon would be staying in Seoul for five days to attend Sunggyu and Soojung’s wedding. They also brought Junyoung along with them.

A lot of of familiar faces could be seen during the wedding. First of all, there was Sungyeol, who had gone public about his relationship with Namjoo since last year, and brought his girlfriend together with him on the wedding. Then there was Jiae who attended the ceremony with her girlfriend, Yein. The two females had been gradually building their relationship since four years ago. They officially formed a soulbond after Yein graduated from highschool.

Myungsoo was there too, of course. After all, it was his future brother-in-law and high school classmate’s wedding. The photographer was also still dating Sunggyu’s sister, Jiyeon. He and Sungyeol continued to maintain their friendship as well. Jiyeon even ended up befriending Sungyeol’s girlfriend, Namjoo, as the two were the same age and Jiyeon was a fan of the idol group which Namjoo belonged to, A-Pink.

All of Sungjong and Howon’s friends were delighted to meet them during the ceremony, especially because they had always wanted to meet Junyoung, who had grown up a lot compared to the last time Howon and Sungjong visited Seoul, which was almost a year ago. Howon’s busy schedule did not allow him to go out often, after all.

Junyoung had been growing up very well. Howon’s mother told Sungjong that their son’s appearance was like a carbon copy of Howon’s, especially his eyes. The boy even had interest in soccer, which was also what Howon loved to do back during his highschool days. But it didn’t mean that he did not inherit any of his mother’s trait. Junyoung, in fact, possessed Sungjong’s delicate and gentle nature. Seeing that trait of his, there’s a possibility that the boy would probably present as an omega in the future. But no matter what his status would be, Sungjong and Howon would love the boy just as he was.

Aside of Sunggyu and Soojung’s wedding, the purpose of Sungjong and Howon’s trip this time was to meet their other close friends.

Dongwoo alongside Ailee made their visit to the couple’s apartment a day before the wedding was held. Just like the others, the manager-artist couple also adored Junyoung a lot. During their visit, the couple also revealed that they were now engaged, something which surprised Howon a lot. Howon had always known that his best-friend was secretly dating the singer, but he did not expect him to propose that fast, since, unlike Sungyeol and Namjoo, Ailee had not unveiled her relationship to the public until now.

The last people the family would meet before they need to go back to Busan was no other than Ryu Sujeong and Park Myungeun.

Myungeun had graduated from the art academy last year, and through the skills she possessed along with her family’s connection, she managed to land a job in one entertainment company in Seoul as a lyricist and composer. Myungeun’s passion towards music was one of the reasons for her to be so eager about getting a job in Seoul, but of course she also got another reason to do so, which was no other than to be with her mate, Ryu Sujeong.

Before Myungeun moved to Seoul, the two were in a long-distant relationship and the older female would sometimes visit the younger in Seoul, and vice versa. The two had also formed a soulbond during those years of long-distant relationship, but not yet mated, as neither of them were ready yet. Sujeong on the other hand would be graduating in three months, so they would probably mate either sooner or later.

The family and the couple met up in a restaurant which had a playground for children, so Junyoung could play as the four adults took their time to talk. Both Howon and Sungjong were surprised when they saw Myungeun’s new appearance. The female had cut her hair short, very short, and even Howon was surprised because Myungeun had never cut her hair that short ever since she was a child. Sujeong meanwhile praised her own girlfriend proudly and said that Myungeun really suited the hairstyle, Howon and Sungjong also agreed, even though they felt surprised at the sudden change.

“Junyoungie grew up a lot, huh? What do you usually eaaat?” Sujeong said in a cute voice as Junyoung was seated on the female alpha’s lap. Myungeun was also facing the boy with so much interest.

“Junyoung eat chicken, aunty….” The boy uttered the words so innocently, the way he addressed Sujeong however earned a gasp from the female alpha.

“Yaaah, oppaaa, why is he calling me aunty? I am not old enough to be called that!” Sujeong whined in protest, causing the other three to laugh, while the clueless boy watched the adult in confusion.

The four of them continued to talk to each other while Junyoung spent his time in the playground. They went on until the clock showed 6’pm. They decided to part ways as Howon and Sungjong would need to catch their flight the next morning.

“Junyoungie is really cute, huh? He indeed resembles Howon oppa when he was four” Myungeun told Sujeong after they arrived at her apartment. The two were cuddled up on Myungeun’s bed, the female alpha’s arms were draped protectively around the short-haired omega’s figure.

Sujeong nodded her head in agreement. “He indeed is! Then again I really like kids in general, that’s why I adore Junyoungie so much”

The alpha was waiting for her mate t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter