Chapter 16 (Sujeong's POV)

Broken Red Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

More than a week had passed since that incident involving Sungjong oppa’s step-father. So many things had happened since then.

But one of the most important things was how I felt that the deep affection I had been building for these three years started turning into something more. At least that was how it was for me.

Ever since we coincidentally met each other at the infirmary, JIN- Myungeun unnie had been spending my time with me everyday, every single day.

The fact that JIN unnie’s long time crush, Howon-ssi, turned out to be Sungjong’s oppa mate was really surprising. I guess the world was just so small. Sungjong oppa had told me about the mate who abandoned him before, but never once I expected him to be the very same guy whom JIN unnie had always told me about.

Speaking about Sungjong oppa, yesterday I finally met him again after not seeing him for more than a week since the incident. He apologized for getting me dragged into the situation until I get hurt. But I told him it’s not something he should apologize for. I was the one who wanted to be his guardian, after all. I didn’t know what drive me to do it, other than being a friend of his. But perhaps my instinct as an unmated female alpha was one of the reasons.

Anyways, back to Myungeun unnie. I had been the one who insisted to keep her company because she had no one to be with, since Howon-ssi was busy being rabbits with Sungjong oppa last week, teehee. My parents had visited me all the way from my hometown, Daejeon, when they were informed about the incident. But I lied to them by insisting to stay at the dorm instead of going home becauseI still had unfinished summer group paper work.

Since then, I had been going back and forth from college to the hotel where Myungeun unnie stayed instead of the dorm. I would take her to the place around Seoul which she was curious about, while Myungeun unnie would take care of me. Two things she always did everyday would be treating me meals and asked whether my wound still hurt or not.

There were expected things and unexpected things about Myungeun unnie.

The expected things were, she was really nice, and very pretty. As I said before, she took care of me by treating me meals everyday, and helped to treat the wound on my head. She was also pretty as I had imagined. On the chat room, Myungeun unnie, alias JIN always said that she’s not that good-looking. She even said that she’s ashamed if we had to meet in real life. But that’s not true, she was pretty as I had imagined, especially with that silky long hair of hers which sometimes she would make into ponytail that increased her cuteness!

Oh, another thing I had expected was her awkwardness. She also had told me several times that she was an awkward person in real life… and it turned out to be true. But I found even her awkwardness cute. Myungeun unnie also had a very beautiful voice, one that she would use to sing me a lullaby every night before we go to sleep. I had also expected this one, since she told me that she’s studying music in academy.

The thing I had unexpected was her being a daughter of a wealthy family. It turned out that her family ran one of the major music equipment & musical instrument stores in Korea, and that told a lot about her fondness towards music. Apparently the store her family owned was an affiliate of Howon-ssi’s family corporation, which explained why the two knew each other since they were kids.

Despite being a daughter from a wealthy family, Myungeun unnie never acted high and mighty. In fact, she was really humble and nice. The more I spent my time with her, the more I found myself adoring her. There were just so many good things from Myungeun unnie which I could not help but like. And just like that, I found the deep affection which I built in the virtual world, slowly yet surely, turned into an admiration and crush.

**********

I woke up to find the spot next to me on the bed being empty. I could not help but pout as I slowly sat up. It’s so unusual for Myungeun unnie to wake up before I did.

Still pouting, I got off the bed and made my way towards the other part of the hotel room. The hotel room was…. huge… considering that Myungeun unnie stayed in the room alone while Howon-ssi was supposed to stay in the room next to this one. Then again, it’s not weird coming from rich people like them.

“Myungeun unnieeee?” I whined briefly as I looked around for her. Turned out she was standing at the mini kitchen in the room. I saw her turning her head around, smiling as soon as she saw me. Her hair was tied into the ponytail again. Myungeun unnie had been constantly doing it ever since I told her that she looked really cute in ponytail.

“You’re awake, Sujeong-ah” she said before she turned her back to whatever she’s immeresed in. I stepped forward so I could get closer to her, curious of what she’s doing.

“What are you doing, unnie?” I asked as I was finally standing behind her. My tall figure allowed me to glance at what she was busy with. It appeared that there she was preparing for two plates of toast, and it looked mouth-watering, I must say.

“It’s our breakfast, Sujeong-ah. Honestly, I almost never get in the kitchen, but this French toast is my speciality!”  she proudly said, earning a light giggle from me.

“I see. But why so sudden?” I asked, smiling at her.

“Well…. you have done so much for me, accompanying me and all even though we’ve only met for the first time. So, I wanted to do a little something for you… Usually we would just buy meals from the restaurant or the bakery, so, yeah…” she awkwardly stated as she turned around with the two plates in her hand. I took one of them before leading her to the couch so we could watch TV as we were having our breakfast. We still had plenty of time to to snuggle and all since we’re not going anywhere this afternoon, only later at evening we planned to go to Namsan Tower, which Myungeun unnie had suggested to.

As we enjoyed the toast, which tasted indeed good, Myungeun unnie’s phone suddenly rang. I saw her putting down her plate before she stood up so she could reach her phone. At first I assumed it would be her parents, but turned out it was Howon-ssi.

“Howon oppa? Yeah. I am having my breakfast with Sujeongie right now” I could not help but smile as I heard ‘Sujeongie’ coming out from while she glanced at me.

But my smile faded as I heard her next words “Going back to Busan? Tomorrow evening? What??? Why so sudden???”

I could not help but frown as I continued hearing her conversation.

 “So you already got the ticket booked? Aishh, oppa. You should have told me beforehand” I heard her sighing after she spoke to him. After a few more sentences, she hung up the call before going back to the couch and sat back down on her spot.

“Unnie, you are going back to Busan?” I reluctantly asked, still wishing that she could somehow postpone the flight to another day or something. Today was Sunday after all, and it means I only had a day left to stay with her.

Myungeun unnie nodded at my question.

“Yeah, my parents had also started telling me to go back since we will be going overseas for our annual vacation, so…. I guess I have no choice” she puffed out her cheek, seeming a bit disappointed.

I felt my heart dropped as I heard her answer, but I only nodded my head as I responded to her while keeping a straight face. “I see…” I trailed off and then turned my head back to the toast.

Did we have to bid our goodbye th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter