Chapter 06

Broken Red Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If Sungjong had to list one thing he feared the most, it would be meeting his step-father.

Ever since his biological father passed away, Sungjong’s mother lived without caring about him and Sungyeol. As if things could not get worse, she even married an abusive, drunkard man, the man who also ually harassed Sungjong and almost the omega back when he was in high-school had Howon not rescued him from the old man.

Sungjong felt himself trembling as he saw the man he was scared of standing in front of him. He did not change even a bit, still had that menacing aura on him. Sungjong could feel the threat just by seeing the smirk that’s now plastered on his face.

Sujeong, who was completely oblivious of the man, glanced at her sunbae in confusion.

“Sungjong oppa, are you alright?” she asked the omega in worry as she attempted to look at Sungjong’s face.

Sungjong was unable to answer her. He was freezing on his spot, fixing his gaze at the ground, not even wanting to look at the man, and his action worried the female alpha even more. Before Sujeong could utter any more words, Sungjong’s step-father had already stepped forward and by now was standing in front of her and Sungjong, still wearing the smirk on his face.

“Now, now, what do we have here… a scared, little omega who doesn’t even have a basic respect to greet his own father.” even from the way he spoke, Sungjong could tell that the man’s intention was far from being good.

As Sungjong stayed silent and kept trying to avert the man’s gaze, he could hear Sujeong gasping.

“Father? What? Oppa, he is your father?” she looked at the man in shock and slight hesitation before looking back at Sungjong. Even Sujeong could tell that something was wrong with the man in front of them. Yet Sungjong continued to stay silent.

The man totally ignored Sujeong’s presence and shifted closer to Sungjong until he was near enough to reach him. “How about you go back to home and obey me, behave just like the omega you are?” Sungjong hesitantly darted his gaze to the man, only to meet with his malicious eyes.

No

No

Howon hyung

Help me!

The omega continued to shiver, fear filling his mind as he mentally screamed for Howon to come and take him as far as he could from this man. Sujeong, who was still observing the situation took it as a sign to get the male away from the man as she saw the man was about to grab Sungjong. In a flash light, she grabbed Sungjong by the wrist, dragging him with her to enter the bus that just, fortunately, arrived at the bus stop.

The female alpha still had no idea what actually happened between Sungjong and the man, all she knew that things were not right with that man who claimed himself as Sungjong’s father, and Sungjong definitely did not want to be around him.

Sujeong tried to take a look at Sungjong’s face after they got into the bus, guiding him to one of the empty seats at the back. She also kept looking back to make sure that the man was not there. She sighed in relief as there was no sign that the man had been following them.

“Oppa….” Sujeong carefully called out for Sungjong as the male seemed to be in daze.

After a few minutes, Sungjong seemed to finally regained his sense as looked up at Sujeong. Fear was apparent in his eyes as his gaze met with the female’s worried eyes.

During their way back to the campus, Sungjong eventually told Sujeong about his past, about his parents and how they had abused him. Not only that, the male omega also told the female alpha about Howon and how the alpha abandoned him two years ago. Sujeong could tell the sadness in Sungjong’s voice as she told the female everything. The alpha also could tell how Sungjong felt uneasy as the bus drove them to their destination.

Without caring about their surrounding, the female alpha pulled Sungjong into a comforting, almost protective hug. The action was able to put Sungjong at ease, and Sungjong felt grateful for Sujeong. If he had encountered the man without Sujeong next to him, he would not have known what to do.

But as much as he felt thankful for the female’s presence nex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter