Chapter 08 (Sungyeol's POV)

Broken Red Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I often wondered what my little brother did to deserve all of this? Sungjong was basically a saint, but he was abused by our own mother, the one who gave birth to us, merely for being an omega, got ually harassed by the bastard who married our mother (meh, I did not even want to address him as our step-father), and got abandoned by his own mate.

Sometimes I wish I could trade a bit of my luck with Sungjongie. I got to admit I was not really a nice person. Unlike Sungjong who always did his best in his study, I liked to skip classes, got bad marks in test, played around with girls, and even got in trouble with my bestfriend-- or ex-bestfriend, I should say. But then I was casted and become a quite successful model with my look alone. I got to live luxuriously and go all around the world while my brother was working hard as a scholarship student.

I once told Sungjong about how I wished I could share my luck with him, but he said he was content with the way we were, and he also told me that everything was okay as long I was always on his side no matter what. See? My little brother was an angel.

That’s why I was furious when Sungjong told me that he had encountered that bastard again. I swore I would send him to prison if he ever tried to touch my little brother again. I really did not understand how could our mother married that bastard. Then again our mother was not a nice person either…. all she wanted was money and glory, so I guess those two were match made in hell.

I had just finished my schedule and was on my way to my next photosoot location with my manager when I noticed that I was at a quite familiar area right now, it’s where Soojung’s fiancé, Sunggyu hyung’s restaurant was located. I thought it would not hurt to drop by there since I still had plenty of time until the schedule starts, so I told my manager that I wanted to buy some coffee, and that I would treat him as well. Luckily, he complied to my request.

I casually made my way inside the restaurant. The place was pretty empty, there were only two other visitors beside me. It was not lunch nor dinner time after all. I was hoping to see Soojung or maybe Sunggyu hyung-- whom I also had gotten pretty close to. But instead of them, I was welcomed by a tiny- girl-- okay, not actually tiny, but she was really small when you compare her to me, whose height is above average. Not only that she was tiny, she looked more like a fairy instead of human.

The fairy-like girl helped me with my order, two cups of cold Americano, and after I finished, I heard a familiar voice calling out for someone’s name as someone entered the restaurant.

“Jiyeon-ah!”

That voice….

The last time I heard it was the night when I graduated from highschool. Even though it had been a while since the last time I heard that voice, it still sounded so familiar to me. I could not be wrong.

That voice belonged to Myungsoo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter