Chapter 12 (Myungeun's POV)

Broken Red Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One of the reasons why I never gave up on Howon oppa was because I had always seen a glimpse of hope everytime our eyes met. Everytime I saw his eyes on myself, I know there was a form of affection that’s directed towards me. But when I saw him beating up an unknown old man with a murderous aura, then protectively brought his lover-- the omega who was in heat, Lee Sungjong, away from all of us, I realized that all the hope I used to have had been crushed.

Completely crushed.

The last time I saw Howon oppa being angry was back when we were elementary school students, when some guys were harassing Mijoo unnie. But even back then, the angry Howon oppa did not manage to scare me off.

But now all I could think of was how scary Howon oppa looked as he almost murdered the unknown man.

Fortunately, a male, who turned out to be Howon oppa’s mate-- Lee Sungjong’s brother, happened to be at the scene and managed to stop Howon oppa, or else Howon oppa might have ended up killing him for real.

And now I ended up being stuck in the university dorm’s infirmary, alone. Well, not really alone. I had been accompanying the girl who got assaulted by the man earlier. Lee Sungjong’s brother, Sungyeol-ssi had gone to the police to take care of the man, and so I was left here alone because I had no idea where to go neither what to do.

I had informed Mijoo unnie about the situation, and she suggested me to stay in this place until Howon oppa could go out and pick me up, which probably would take a week, considering the span of omegas’ heat. I didn’t dare to inform my family about the situation because pretty sure my parents would nag at me.

I frowned as I check the chatroom, only to find my messages to Ryuvely that had not been replied- let alone read. The last time she replied me was half an hour before the incident happened. And now my only hope to make me feel less lonely disappeared. Oh well, she might be busy in real life since she said she had been trying to finish her assignments so we could meet up before I go back to Busan.

I felt stupid, so stupid. I basically followed Howon oppa all along from Busan only to witness his reunion with his lover. It had only been hours ago that Howon oppa and I enjoyed our time together in Lotte world. I remembered the amazed look on his face when he saw me tying my hair up into a pony tail. That was the last glimpse of hope I saw on his eyes. Without realizing, it probably had been a closure for me.

All I could do was letting out a sigh as I sat alone in the room. I stood up from where I was seating, approaching the beaten-up girl who was still sleeping in the bed. The poor girl was probably dragged even without knowing the actual situation. I could not help but feel sorry for her.

I took my time to study her face, and I noticed how pretty she was. She had quite chubby cheeks, but even when she was sleeping, I could tell that she had lovely features, including her face. Wait- what? What were you even thinking at this situation, Park Myungeun?

I grabbed a chair and sit down next to her bed. Before I noticed it, I started humming a song while continued to stare at her sleeping face. I immediately stopped singing when I noticed her eyelid twitching as s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter