Twenty

Secrets & Lies

Hanbin kept his words by taking me to an ice cream shop that night. We were having quality time with each other, talking about random stuffs. It was really fun to know his opinion about a lot of things. Hanbin was open to any opinion, even though it was the opposite of his. It was always really nice to talk to him.

 

We were currently talking about animals and pets. Hanbin held my hand the whole time and his eyes never left mine. He knew how to make a girl feels she's special, she's important and her existence means something. It was the impression he never failed to give me.

 

"I always thought bunnies are very cute. Cuter than kitten," I spoke.

 

"They are but they poop everywhere. I once took care of my aunt's bunny named Beige. A female bunny and she is very tiresome to be taken care of," he recounted with a little grunt. But he smiled afterwards, having it as well as a cute memory to remember.

 

"And kittens are just about the same!" I defended. We were having arguments about what is cuter between bunnies and kittens. I recently followed a bunny-related account on Instagram and immediately became a fan of it.

 

"They also pee and poop wherever they desired," I retorted.

 

Hanbin shook his head disapprovingly. "But you can train them to poop on specific place. Not bunnies! You'll regret it to have a bunny than a kitten," he warned, trying to as soft as possible on me.

 

But I refused to hear him. "Bunnies are the cutest. Period." I sulked a bit. Hanbin laughed and leaned in to give my lips a quick peck.

 

"You are cuter," he said in low voice which made my heart flipped.

 

"Here, I have a video with Beige," he switched the topic right away, taking out his phone and I waited in amusement. Hanbin then played a video for both of us to watch. The video was him complaining about bunny's poop all over the floor. I heard him asked the God what he had done wrong while Beige ran happily around the room. It was so funny that I laughed, earning a pinch from him.

 

Then he showed me photos of him and Beige. The pictures displayed how he actually loved the bunny. And I was right about bunny being really cute creature. She looked squishy and fluffy. "Oh my God she is so cute," I squealed, adoring the light brown colored bunny.

 

Hanbin smiled at my reaction and swiped his phone for more photos. The next photos showed how Hanbin and the bunny were so close. Hanbin had a bitten strawberry in his mouth and fed her while Beige happily accepted the fruit, eating it cutely.

 

Beige just seemed so lovely that my want to have a bunny grew even more.

 

"Beige is so cute," I concluded once again. "See, bunny is the cutest." I tried to prove him a point.

 

"Sometimes she also would follow me around, trailing behind me like a puppy and she seemed excited," he recalled and laughed himself at the thoughts.

 

"I want to have a bunny," I whined to myself.

 

"Nope. I won't let you. That bunny will definitely steal you away from me," Hanbin objected with a little pout. I had to laugh at his cuteness and he joined.

 

I stopped my laugh awkwardly when I realized Hanbin wasn't laughing anymore. Instead, he bore his eyes into mine. Like a magnet, my attention was slowly drawing itself to him. Hanbin didn't say anything and I couldn't read his face. His thumb was the back of my hand very lovingly and I liked it.

 

I gulped. He made me so damn nervous.

 

Hanbin's eyes suddenly dropped from my eyes to, wait, my lips? He was eyeing it for a while and he suddenly leaned closer. My heart began to pick up its pace and all I could see was him. His other hand cupped the other side of my face and held it gently in place. He brought both of us closer before our lips finally met.

 

Both of our eyes fluttered closed and I melted with the sensation. He kissed me slowly; his hands caressed me with love and care as if he was afraid I might break. The way he kissed me sent me to the clouds and I didn't want it to end.

 

When he pulled away, I opened my eyes and found that he was staring into my soul. I suddenly felt awkward. Hanbin smiled and then he said, "Let's get you back home."

 

I nodded and he took my hand and led me outside. Hanbin. I just realized how lucky I was to have him.

 

---

 

Gaeun came over to my house on Saturday. Having a girls talk, I told him everything; started by Hanbin lying to me, my insecurity, Hanbin being a caring boyfriend and everything. Gaeun listened to me attentively. She didn’t once interrupt me and gave me the time I needed to vent everything out.

 

"What do you think?" I asked for her opinion after I said all that I had to say. Gaeun paused momentarily.

 

"He is just the same as you. Insecure," she concluded.

 

"What does it mean?"

 

"It means he is afraid of you thinking bad about him. I mean, you always thought that the rumor of him being a bad boy isn't true but now you discovered that he is actually a street racer." She tried to explain.

 

"Is it a bad thing?" I asked her back. Gaeun shrugged.

 

"I don't know, it depends on how you view it. I think Hanbin doesn't want you to think that he is bad like how the others talk about him."

 

I sighed. "He can tell me everything. He can trust me. It's not even a bad thing. My cousin does that too," I protested.

 

"Say that to him then, not me. He will open up to you slowly, I believe. He will soon. You have to be patient and don't accuse him any. Give him some time." Garun advised. I let her words sank in my brain.

 

Gaeun was right. We were still in early stage of our relationship. It was natural to take some time.

 

"Okay," was all I managed to say. Gaeun patted my back sympathically. I had to be thankful to have a great friend like her.

 

---

 

Nowadays, I asked Seungyoon to bring me to the race. He was shocked at my request but he happily complied. He said that a certain male was delighted if I tagged along. I had a guess for who it might be but decided to have it for myself. Well yeah, Seungyoon didn't know I was dating.

 

Actually, the reason for me to come along with him was I hoped to catch Hanbin around again. I was still unsure if the male I saw last time was him but in the same time, it was hard to mistake him as someone else, along with the others. I wished to confirm my suspicion. But I didn’t think he would be here today. But that was fine. I’d just visit the others.

 

"You come often now," Seunghoon greeted as soon as he saw me. I smiled sheepishly at him while he ruffled my hair in affection.

 

"My lucky charm is here," Mino said enthusiastically. My cheeks pinked at his words. I hate it actually that another guy's words could affect me when in fact I was dating Hanbin. It felt like I was betraying him.

 

Mino then prepared himself to have a race with a challenger. I pitied this contender because I knew Mino would definitely win. No doubt. At all. I watched him from the side, looking at how he prepared himself and hoped on the motorcycle. He winked at me before his whole head disappeared inside the helmet he was wearing. Oh God.

 

I had to fan myself because my cheeks were burning. He was surely flirting with me and now it got me uncomfortable. I mean, I had a boyfriend.

 

The race started and Mino dashed off in the speed of light. The crowd calmed down at the disappearance of the racers. And then suddenly I saw them again. Hanbin and the others. They were now closer in my sight and I was sure it was them. My heart began its own race. I sighed, feeling the disappointment again. I suddenly felt like going home. Why? Because Hanbin told me just before that he wasn’t feeling well.

 

-----

 

Hi! Sorry for the long update. This may contain grammar mistakes and spelling. Please forgive me^^ I hope you guys enjoyed. Thanks for the comments and I hope you will leave some more :) Have a nice day!