Eighteen

Secrets & Lies

Being Hanbin's girlfriend wasn't something I'd ever thought before. Sure, Hanbin was sweet, he made me comfortable around him, he melted my heart with his simple affectionate gestures, he often looked at me with love in his eyes, but it never occured to me that I imagined myself being an item with him.

How students in the school would see us? How Gaeun would response? What if Naeyeon knew that Hanbin came to my room in the middle of the night to confess his feelings? Things were going around inside my head and I was getting dizzy. I couldn't foresee how my school day would turn out after people found out the fact that I was dating the school's famous bad boy.

Hanbin texted me early in the morning that he wanted to pick me up from home. And by the time I was done preparing, I receieved a text that Hanbin was outside the gate already. Lucky for me that Nayeon had went out earlier.

"Good morning sweetheart," he greeted with a soft smile. I only smiled to him shyly and opened the gate to walk with him.

"Good morning Hanbin," I replied. Hanbin smiled gleefully before taking my hand and we started to walk towards the bus stop.

The moment his hand made contact with mine electricity flowed in my veins that it jolted my brain awake. My heart was beating in some unreasonable speed and I was sure my cheeks pinked. Hanbin squeezed my hand in comforting way without saying anything.

During the bus trip to our school, we were quiet for most of the time. It was only some little chats exchanged between us. But the silence was no awkward silence. Eventhough we didn't say anything, Hanbin made sure that his presence was known. Hanbin didn't need words, his actions said it all. His mouth was shut but his hands were busy. It started with caressing my hair softly, playing with the strands of my hair, holding my hand and comfortingly squeezed it, drawing some invisible paths with his thumb on the back of my hand, until simply looked at me like I was the center of his gravity.

I liked it very much. Those made me like a special girl. It was just the first day and I was already feelig like a princess. I didn't know if this was the consequences when you were dating Kim Hanbin. I didn't know how I would survive another day because I was already dying because of his sweetness.

"I'll see you at lunch," he said when we arrived at the doorstep of my class. I nodded my head, giving him a smile. I knew some of my classmates were eyeing both of us curiously. Of course they were already got used with Hanbin being around me. But he never accompanied me to class with holding my hand. Never. I took a deep breath, knowing that I would be bombarded with questions.

I looked at Hanbin rather nervously and ushered him to go.

"You'll be late for class," I said, pushing him away a bit. Hanbin frowned.

"You hate me," he concluded with a little pout. I shook my head instantly.

"It's not that-" I was going to defend myself but immediately being cut off when he pecked my lips.

"I know. See you later sweetheart," he bid his goodbye and left, with hands stuffed inside his pocket.

He left me in shock and wide eyes. It took me three seconds to be finally recovered from the shock.

Heaved a sigh, I walked inside the class and Jisook immediately came up to me. "You are dating him?" She asked straightforwardly. I felt all the class' eyes were focused on me that it got me so nervous.

"Mmm…. Well…. Yeah you can say that," I unsurely replied. Jisook's jaw dropped and I only could scratch my head hesitantly.

"Oh my god… This is breaking news!" She exclaimed before running out of the class.

My shoulders slumped in defeat. Now the whole school knew. It hadn't been a day.

---

The lunch today wasn't like the usual lunch. Whenever I passed by, students were whispering, gossiping about my relationship with Hanbin. Some of them congratulated me and most of them gave me weird looks. By now, I realized that my boyfriend was no ordinary boy.

I was greeted with cheers when I arrived at the boys' table. I could only smile sheepishly. But there was one person that noticably unlike the others.

"Junhoe is the only one sulking," Yunhyeong pointed out. Jinhwan nudged the mentioned boy but he still had this scowl on his face. I thought it was permanent that way.

"Of course he is. His position is in danger after all," Chanwoo added and the group burst out into laughter. My forehead creased a frown.

What did he mean by that? I looked at Junhoe's response but he didn't care about what his friends had said. He remained silent. It was very obvious that he didn't want to be there, or maybe he didn't want me to be there.

"I think I'll go somewhere," I suddenly announced. announced, standing up. Hanbin frowned and grabbed my hand in the speed of lightning.

"What are you doing?" He asked, sounding displeased. I glanced at him nervously, trying to find a good excuse. Junhoe was looking at me with unreadable eyes. Somehow, it expressed both confusion and somewhat anger.

Hanbin tugged me back down and I had no choice but to comply. "Nevermind," I said, waving it off.

It wasn't even two minutes when Junhoe suddenly stood up and left the table without saying anything. I looked at his walking figure and sighed. I knew it was my fault.

"I'll go after him," Jinhwan announced and ran to catch up the younger latter.

"Don't worry about him," Jiwon reassured, sensing my concern. I nodded to him with a small smile. But deep inside I knew that I couldn't erase the concern for him.

---

"I think he hates me," I said to Hanbin when he walked me back to my class after the lunch break.

He was walking a step behind me like a guardian. I stuffed my hands inside my blazer pocket to avoid any contact with him. Not because I dislike it, but it was more because I dislike the attention that we drew for that.

"Who? Junhoe?" I nodded.

"Trust me. He doesn't. He hates me," he stated. I looked at him with a frown. His statement didn't match my logic.

"Why would he hate you Hanbin? You are his friend!" I argued.

Hanbin only shook his head lightly as his steps halted to a stop close to me. "For having you of course. He doesn't like seeing you with me." I could only threw a disbelief face.

"Don't worry about him. I promise I'll recouncil with him," he assured, putting a hand on my shoulder snd lightly squeezed it. It was strangely comforting.

I nodded my head at him. "Okay," I managed to say.

"Just don't worry, okay? It doesn't deserve your energy sweetheart," he replied with a pat on my head.

"Thanks," I gratefully said and went inside my class.

To me, Hanbin's words were kind of strange. I just couldn't easily believe that Junhoe was mad at Hanbin for being with me. It just didn't make sense. It was the same as he indirectly saying that Junhoe liked me, wasn't it?

 

 

--- 

It's been a long time. Sorry for the wait, I hope you are still there. Enjoy this chapter and leave some comments :)