Sixteen

Secrets & Lies

Noticing where my eyes were, Seungyoon motioned me to go nearer him. I did as his command, coincidentally making eye-contact with the man beside him. I smiled to the unknown man in front of me. He smiled back softly, eyes lost into a thin line.

“Yeonjoo, this is my friend, Lee Seunghoon,” Seungyoon introduced. The Seunghoon man stretched out his hand and I returned the favor.

“Yeonjoo,” I told him the obvious.

“So you are the cousin Seungyoon always talking about,” he commented. I expected him to mention his name although Seungyoon already did it but he didn’t. His lips then tugged upward, making another small smile. I frowned when my brain digested his words.

“He talked about me?” I asked with unconvinced eyes as I pointed to Seungyoon accusingly. The way Seunghoon said made it as if Seungyoon was boasting off about me, telling his friends good thing about me. But I wasn’t sure. It was Seungyoon we are talking about. He has his own definition of the words that only him understand and make sense solely to him.


Seunghoon nodded as the reply to my question. I was about to ask Seungyoon but got quickly cut off by Seungyoon  himself.

“Okay, now since Yeonjoo has met everyone, let’s go get something to eat. Might as well celebrate Mino’s win today,” said Seungyoon. Mino nodded his head in agreement while Seunghoon only said that he’d follow. Eating wasn’t really bad idea since I hadn’t had my dinner yet.

“Jinwoo already waits for us. Let’s get going,” Seungyoon suggested, Jinwoo’s name came into the picture. Jinwoo, the cute high schooler guy. I then followed Seungyoon to where his motor was parked. Mino actually offered me to ride with him which I quickly refused. Safety comes first.

---

The unique smell of ramen directly hit my nose as we entered the restaurant. It was getting late so we opted for a ramen house, Mino’s idea. It wasn’t really packed; only aroun ten people inside. Some couples were chatting with each other and some individuals with eyes glued to their gadgets. The restaurant wasn’t really big as well. I immediately saw Jinwoo in one corner of the restaurant; playing with his phone. We approached him and he turned his head as he noticed us. “Finally you all are here,” he said, setting aside his phone. I smiled lightly with a bow of my head. Jinwoo smiled back.

We then took our seats; I got a seat between Seungyoon and Mino. “Do you guys all race?”, I decided to ask while choosing for our ramens. There were various flavors. It seemed like they invented it themselves. 

Jinwoo was the first one to speak up. “Some of us used to be racers but not anymore.” Jinwoo closed the menu book as he already decided what to order.

“Only Mino and Seunghoon who are still active,” Jinwoo answered. “But I still like to come to watch,” he added before turned to the waiter who was there to take notes of our order.

I nodded, not knowing what to comment as I mentioned my order to the waiter; following the others.

“Yeah and Mino’ s reputation is well-known among street racers. Everyone knows him as The Winner since he never lost any battle. He always win every race he joined,” Seunghoon informed. I took the information with a little bit of surprise. I turned my head to Mino beside me.

“Really?”, I asked him with amused expression. Mino smiled sheepishly. Faint flush creeped to his cheeks. “That’s cool,” I commented, giving a pat on his arms. Mino grinned even wider. I laughed at him. He was so cute. I thought he was a very cool and calm person that such compliment wouldn’t affect him but it turned out he went all shy with the simple praise. I found it was amusing, and cute. Mino was cute. Wait..what? Sorry. Forget I said that.

Not long after, our orders came and everyone started to dig in their respective foods. They tried to make the conversation going on by asking me things despite concentrating on the bowls inf front of him. They inquired me about my hobbies, school, and things. We finished eating our foods in around twenty minutes.

Mino suddenly spoke up, “Yeonjoo, I want to ask for your number,” he said, taking out the phone from his pocket and handing it to me.

The others made a commotion with their ows. Mino shushed them harshly as they laughed. For a split second, I thought I saw Mino blushed. Oh my he was really cute.

“Sure,” I nodded. I took the phone from his hand and typed my number before tapping ‘save’. “Thanks,” he muttered. 


Seungyoon then announced to everyone that he needed to take me home as it was getting late. I bid the others goodbye and left first with Seungyoon. I checked my phone and it read 10.43pm. Yeah, my cousin was right. It was late. But I had no worry about excuse for my father. Seungyoon would handle the thing. My father wouldn’t question much if it was with Seungyoon.

---


I woke up to Nayeon shaking my body the next day. I groaned, feeling like it wasn’t the time to get up yet. I opened my eyes to peek at the watermelon clock on the wall. I sighed loudly the moment I learned the fact that it was 30 minutes earlier than usual.


“30 minutes Unnie,” I complained. But Nayeon didn’t comply. She still shook me until I gave in and decided to get up. Eyes still closed, I sat on the bed with Nayeon’s hands on my arm.


“What is it Unnie?” I asked sleepily.


“Now you shower. I’ll wait here,” she said, ignoring my question. I walked to the bathroom, the towel in my hand after Nayeon handed it to me. I felt suspicious of her. As long as I remember, this never happened before. Nayeon doesn’t usually bug me in my sleep unless I overslept.


After taking my bath, I finally gained my conciousness. I went back to my room and found already-dressed-and-styled Nayeon sitting on the edge of my bed, facing the mirror on one side of the wall.

She realized my entrance and told me to change into my uniform. With disheveled wet hair, I went to her; uniform already worn.

“What is it Unnie?” I asked her with suspicious eyes. Nayeon smiled and took the chair from my study desk and moved it in front of the mirror. She motioned me to sit down, still not explaining whatever the plan she had for me.

She then took my comb and also hair-dryer. She began to dry my hair as she said, “I just learned how to make waterfall braid. I figured out that it will be pretty with your hair.”

I just nodded to her as she began braiding my hair. I didn’t know how waterfall braid looks like. The only braid I could do was the usual simple braid. I took my phone and played with it as I waited. Not long after, Nayeon combed my hair and said she had finished.

“You’re done?” she confirmed with a nod. I stood up and turned my body a little to see her handy works. It looked quite good. She braided on both sides so it looked like a crown on my head. It was pretty.

“It looks good right? You look beautiful,” she complimented happily. I muttered a thanks as I touched my hair.

“I’ll look for another tutorial. Be prepared to be my model Yeonjoo,” Nayeon said excitedly as she clasped her hands together.

--- 


“Did you do it yoursell?” Jinhwan asked during lunch, referring to my braid.l. Gaeun said to me that it was pretty when she met me this morning.

I shook my head at Jinhwan. “It’s my sister. Why?”

This time, Jinhwan shook his head a little with a smile, “That looks great.” He then carassed my  hair carefully, as if his touch would untangle the braid. I thanked him.


I felt someone played with my hair. Turning my head, I found out that Hanbin was playing with the end of my hair, curling it between his fingers as he chatted with the others. My heart flushed at the action. I don’t know. My heart reacted weirdly these days if it is him.

--- 

 

Hello! Finally I have time to update. Tell me what you think! Comments are really appreciated so please leave some comments ^^

Anyway, the next chapter is going to be fun and exciting. Believe me. You've waited for that chapter ;D