Act 1: Introduction

School

giphy.webp

MOOD: Hi — Loveyz


 

“GOOD MORNING, SOULS!” A bright, cheery voice brightened the morning as he greeted. He was alone inside his studio and managed the buttons by himself. The others might be busy, so he took over by himself. A PD should do what a PD has to do. So right now, he was greeting all Seoul High students from School Radio by himself with full energy.

 

“So how’s everyone’s holiday? Did you go somewhere? Did you do something unforgettable this winter? But before…, I’d like to have a big applause to our freshmen! Welcome to Seoul High and please have fun while you can here! If there’s anything I could do to help, I would really like to do it for you…, as long as you girls don’t use this chance to get to know me… Because I’m taken already…, no I’m just kidding. Okay. So um…, to welcome our first day since break, I think we should listen to a song that will brighten your mood. Listen to this song carefully and sing along!”

 

He put on H.O.T.’s Candy on speaker before he took off his headphone and turned to find a girl was bowing at him. “Sunbaenim, I’m so sorry I’m late!”

 

He stood up and caressed his fluffy brown hair before he inched closer to her, only to pat her back. “Yah how many times should I tell you that I’m not your sunbaenim? We’re on same graders. Just because you joined later than me, it doesn’t make me older than you, don’t you think so?” he smiled. “It’s okay, Suji. I took care of it already.”

 

“But Baekhyun sunbaenim—”

 

She was cut off with the door open and a head peeked in. The head’s owner looked around before his eyes landed on the PD and waved at him.

 

“Oh, Chanyeol…” he stepped closer and wondered what his best friend needed until he bothered to come over to his studio. He didn’t get a response by talking instead he got a smack on the head. “OUCH! What the man!” he whined painfully.

 

The boy that was called as Chanyeol just hissed at him, before he handed a lunchbox. “Your mother thought you purposely neglected this, so she asked me to give it to you.”

 

“With a punch, dude, seriously? Are you in your right mind?” he still groaned. “It ing hurts. I bet my head would bruise in the moment.”

 

“I got the yelling, so you instinctively got the punch. We’re squared.” Chanyeol just shrugged before he slipped in to the studio and found a cozy couch to sit down.

 

“And what do you think you’re doing now?” Baekhyun looked confused and flustered – he still had a massive headache thanks to Chanyeol’s strong knuckles.

 

“Waiting. Now shut up and get your job done so we can go to that class together.” Chanyeol’s legs were about to kick his friend when Baekhyun was about to sit beside him.

 

“And I thought you hated my voice.” Baekhyun mumbled before he returned to his working table.

 

“I do,” Chanyeol mumbled back after he made sure Baekhyun was nowhere to be seen or heard, as he opened the book he was reading before in class. “But I hate that class’ noise more than I hate your voice.”

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

The girl with bright yellow stripes socks and white sneakers tried to keep up her steps with her friend that covered both ears in annoyance. She shook her head for couple times – find it funny because her friend was extremely irritated with her babbling but she didn’t yell at her. “And then Jiae, my brother said to me—”

 

Jiae finally turned her back to the super talkative girl with a small groan, it doesn’t match with her youthful face actually. “Why, why… Why are you laughing? I am this close to start yelling at you. You’re too loud, Jung Eunji! Too loud! What did you have for breakfast today? Megaphone or microphone?” she asked with a harrumph and reddened cheeks.

 

“Puahahaha!” The girl just let out her big guffaws, she even didn’t realize how ugly her facial expression right now – thanks to the laughter. “Your face! Jiae! You should’ve seen your face! It’s red! Like a tomato!”

 

Jiae snapped Eunji’s hand away from her face as she stomped and walked away. Grinning, the girl that so named Jung Eunji hurriedly rush after her with screaming, “Yoo Jiae, come here before I get you!!!”

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

“Oughh my head… Oughhhh….” The boy with a necktie hanging on his neck carelessly massaged his head tiredly. “If only I wasn’t forced to wake up… Ough… This is hell… I’m dying… Eomma, your son is dying… Ough…” He sighed as if it would be his last breath as he lazily tied it on his shirt. He kept groaning about his headache, it was obvious he tried to get attention which he failed.

 

Another boy beside him was silently playing the ball, dribbled it around as he waited until his groaning friend finished with that useless necktie. He finally turned to see his friend – only to find he was frowning at him. “What,” he asked mindlessly.

 

“You and your girlfriend,” his friend mocked. “Just hand your filthy girlfriend to me and help me with this. I can’t do it.” he pouted, tried to make his friend fall for his cuteness.

 

“Are you kidding me?” he asked in surprise. “You can’t put on a tie?” he stepped closer and stopped until he reached the shorter.

 

“Well I’m sorry okay? I’m a Yook—”

 

His friend rudely cut him off. “—I don’t give a damn if you’re a king anyway,”

 

“—and a Yook always has someone else to do things for him, including put on a stupid necktie.” That boy seemed conceited to announce about his weakness. “At least I’m not married to my ball.” He teased. “Or did you even already have your honeymoon? Omo! Where did you two go? Yah filthy ball tell me where Kim Jisoo brought you for honeymoon,”

 

“I’m not married to that thing, Yook Sungjae!” The taller intentionally tightened the necktie so the short one coughed. He responded with “No, I’m not trying to make you choke. It’s unintentional and I’m sorry.” when Sungjae complained.

 

It took a while for Jisoo to tie because Sungjae kept moving here and there. The boy seriously needed to be sent on a variety show he watched not long ago, Real Man – where he would learn how to be a man and stopped acting like a spoiled brat.

 

“My lord finally,” Sungjae stepped away as soon as Jisoo finished and took a big intake of oxygen which made Jisoo ceased his brows. “No offense but I don’t feel like it to exchange breaths with you dude. I’m not gay.”

 

Jisoo closed his eyes and put his hands on his waist. “You have to vanish from my sight on the count of three. One…,” Jisoo didn’t need to finish because the poor brat has already gone in a blink of eye. Jisoo smiled to himself. “That always works,” he chuckled before walked in to school.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

“Are you sure?” The driver asked the girl that sitting on the back seat as she took off her shades and nodded slightly. “But I have to pick you up on 2 for the shoot. You’re fine with it, aren’t you?”

 

That girl had a beautiful jaw line, it’s rare because she didn’t look like a Korean in first glance. She got a shoulder-length brunette hair and protruding cheek bones which made her look prettier. “Just do what you gotta do, oppa. Until that time, don’t bother me okay? I really want to enjoy my first day without you calling or reminding about my schedules.”

 

“But Haena…,” her manager oppa stopped her from opening the van. “You just got back here this early morning. You haven’t eaten anything. Are you sure you can do this?”

 

Jung Haena was shown on her nametag when she fixed her hair. “I’ll buy something when I’m at school. I’ll be fine.” She smiled and opened the van, after that she walked out of it and didn’t look back.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

He tilted his head from side to side before blowing the bubble instinctively – somehow it made him way cooler than he already is before he made sure that his necktie was tied nicely. The supervisor over there always had his eagle eyes on him since first year because he never put a proper uniform. He’s not complaining anyway, maybe he got his nice toned abs because of endless punishments he received last year. This year also he wanted to mess around with that teacher, but hearing the rule that Captains could be taken off because of punishment points they received, he needed to at least wear suitable uniform to avoid being punished.

 

Being a Captain wasn’t his aim truth to be told. If only his teammates weren’t joking around and put his names on the ballot maybe right now he didn’t need to put the shirt inside his pants like this or wear this choking necktie. School has been okay because they tolerate hair-coloring (since some of the students are in show business like that model he saw some time ago) but they don’t deal with Harajuku’s kind of clothes.

 

His eyes met with the doe-eyed boy, he was scrutinizing him before he let out a small satisfied smirk. “Happy, School President?” he asked.

 

“Pleased, Captain.” He glanced at his list. “It’s your first time not breaking the rule. I’m anticipating more surprises like this in the future.”

 

“Only this year, Do Kyungsoo. Only this year…,” that doe-eyed boy smiled as he mentioned his full name.

 

“Do you want to have a surprise from me then? To make us fair?” Do Kyungsoo raised his thick black brow at him.

 

He’s waiting. His motion to put his hands against his chest supposed to give the School President the picture after all, wasn’t it? Being second of hundred meant Do Kyungsoo is not dumb.

 

“Congratulations, we’re classmates again this year.” Do Kyungsoo smiled – expected to hear the boy scoffing at him. “Congratulations again Min Yoongi, you’re also your rivals’ classmates. You’re so lucky this year.”

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

The Cheerleader’s Captain hissed as she stepped in to the class in the speed of light. She has heard that she’s going to be in the same class as her – that irritated her. And more, she took the seat that Soobin has asked to her friend to keep – that irritated her more. She didn’t want to be in same class with that Ice Princess. At all.

 

The Ice Princess somehow, didn’t notice there was someone looked for her furiously. She looked out from the windows, she was immersed with those subjects outside. The trees, the field, people cheering, and teachers shaking their heads. She finally turned her head when she was called.

 

“You’re sitting on my seat, Jung Soojung.” Soobin said with her hands against her chest.

 

“Oh really?” Soojung asked back. “But I didn’t see your name on it.”

 

“I asked my friend to keep this seat for me but she said that someone is already sitting on it. That’s why I’m here to ask you to move.”

 

Soojung smirked before she stood up and also crossed her hands. “You see, Chae Soobin…” Soojung realized people now were looking at them and it made her anxious. She put on her poker face before she added, “You can’t be this selfish to force people do whatever you want. Don’t do this okay? I gave up everything to you, and I don’t need you to meddle around my things now. People might get a wrong picture of the Cheerleader’s Captain…”

 

Soobin gritted her teeth as she narrowed her eyes. “Just move. This is my seat.”

 

Soojung raised her hands in defeat before she turned to see one of the spectators. “Kim Myungsoo, is that seat taken?” Soojung smiled thankfully to the boy with a deep dimple before she took care of her things.

 

Soobin didn’t miss a beat when Soojung mouthed childish to her, directly, and bumped her shoulder with her before she went to Myungsoo’s side with a smile. Soobin hated this class already.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Yoochun inhaled oxygen as much as he could before stepping out of teacher longue. Today he would meet his students for the very first time and he had to show a charming, reliable vibe so they would like him. Yoochun already made plans of what he supposed to do today and brought the notes (in case to add notes about his students).

 

Unlike the other classes that were noisy, 2-5 was a bit quieter. There was always noise in every class, but it wasn’t loud – just small laughter and talks here and there. Yoochun watched from the window to find the students didn’t really associate one and another. There are groups and they talked only around their circles. They even sat near the ones they know. Yoochun shook his head. It’s not good. It’s not healthy. He really should arrange seating plan before he started things.

 

As soon as he stepped in, the class grew quiet. They focused their attention on the homeroom teacher where Yoochun scanned quickly and named each of them to himself. The one holds his book and seems bored is Park Chanyeol, the one smiles brightly to me is Yoon Bomi, the one has eye-smile is Jung Eunji, that doe-eyed one is School President. He smiled when he saw Min Yoongi and his greenish hair. It somehow matches Park Sooyoung’s green ombre hair.

 

“Good morning, 2-5.” He greeted brightly and received small mumbles in reply. “My name is Park Yoochun and I’ll be teaching you English also I’ll be working as your homeroom teacher. Since today is introduction, so let’s get to know each other, shall we?” Yoochun barely got a response aside from that eye-smile girl and the youthful faced girl that he noticed named Yoo Jiae. “So I watched you earlier from the window outside.” He said and he still got some response. “I find it funny because you guys only talk to those you know. You don’t befriend. You let the quiet ones keep their mouth closed. You don’t disturb the one, yes you—” he pointed a finger on Chanyeol. “—that maybe reads his book because he doesn’t know any of you.” He heaved a sigh. “So for today…, before we get to know each other and have a class election, I will make a seating plan.”

 

Now groans were heard. Shaking heads were seen. As he expected earlier, the students really refused to agree on his plan. Thank God he has studied them last night so he could do this spontaneously.

 

“Now everyone get up if you don’t want to receive punishment points. You still remember the rule right? Twenty five points mean duty cleaning in a week.” Yoochun had to realize these students are crazy for scores because at the moment after he mentioned it, they got up in instant. A small sad smile was etched before it was replaced with a stoic expression. “I already studied about you before so I know what clubs are you in, what’s your occupations in this school, and who’s you’re close to. I will make you associate and talk.”

 

Some groans and small curses were heard but Yoochun should do what he got to do. He watched. Four rows with five seats on each. Yoochun opened his notes and chose who’s going to sit on the very back. It has to be the tallest ones or the ones that caused ruckus. “Park Chanyeol, Kim Jisoo, Jung Eunji, Min Yoongi, and Kwon Sohyun…,”

 

Chanyeol interfered right away. “Seonsaengnim!” he raised his fist. “Are you sure? You’re putting me on a very back you see? I don’t think you find out about me… I ranked—”

 

“—first last year, of course I found out about you the fastest,” Yoochun nodded. “That’s why I’m putting you with these kids. To associate and help your friends. They rank below you, in case you’re curious…”

 

Chanyeol noised some growls before he took a seat on the very corner, but he stopped and moved, when Yoochun said he had to sit on the middle so it would be fair. Chanyeol really wanted to kill him, Yoochun could tell.

 

Third row supposed to fill with the calmest and the noisiest as well, but the normal ones had to be there as well. “Yoon Bomi, Park Sooyoung, Yook Sungjae, Yoo Youngjae, and Lee Jieun...”

 

Sungjae hindered at the moment he realized he’ll be sitting in a row with Park Sooyoung. “Seonsaengnim, I have bad sight! Don’t you think I should sit—”

 

“Don’t talk to me, son. Talk about this to your parents. Yeah, I found about you too the fastest after Park Chanyeol.” He smirked as Sungjae chuckled. Maybe that boy thought that his teacher had feisty mouth and it’s fun for him.

 

Yoochun thought hard for the second row before he spoke up. “Second row…, Chae Soobin, Jung Soojung, Kim Junmyeon, Byun Baekhyun, and Lee Howon.”  

 

Yoochun believed he wouldn’t get interference but he was wrong because Soobin had her hand raised high in the moment he finished. “Seonsaengnim, I don’t want to sit next to her.”

 

Yoochun raised his brow. “Why?” he asked curiously, because he already made sure Soobin and Soojung were not in the same length (they didn’t join same club and their circles are different, but it didn’t hide the fact that Soojung is just a rank away from Soobin).

 

“I…,” Soobin tried to choose her words but she didn’t find any. “I don’t like her.” she replied curtly.

 

Loud gasps and small whispers were heard. Yoochun watched Soojung let her lips went upward for small amount as she bent her head down. Yoochun cleared his throat after feeling surprised, “Well you should really start to learn how to stop disliking her because you both are going to sit together until I say change.”

 

Soobin stomped on her feet in annoyance before she went to her seat and watched Soojung walked calmly to her seat. Yoochun shook his head a little.

 

“Then it makes Do Kyungsoo, Jung Haena, Lee Hyunwoo, Yoo Jiae, and Kim Myungsoo are in first row.” He smiled because the first row didn’t complain much. It doesn’t miss from Yoochun’s eyes when Baekhyun turned to see his friend on the very back and raised a thumb on him – encouraging or how Eunji seemed uncomfortable to be in between tall giants. “We’re finished our first work! Let’s clap!” Yoochun and only Sooyoung’s claps were loudly heard, maybe because she was still happy for this seating plan.

 

“Seonsaengnim,” Chae Soobin raised her fist. “Should we continue to class election?” she asked confidently.

 

“Oh sure, we will do that! Thank you for reminding me, Chae Soobin.” Yoochun seemed excited. “But before we do that…, should we get to know each other first?” he wiggled his brows and made the class way more uncomfortable.

 


January 8th 2016

for the excitements and anticipation; thank you, thank you, thank you! ^^