Act 5: Twist of Fate

School

WelcomeHighEyra-size_restricted.gif

MOOD: Return — Wendy (Red Velvet) ft. Yook Ji Dam


 

Jisoo rushed to the gym because he had to prepare for tomorrow’s practice, so he didn’t need to do it tomorrow morning. But there was something stopped him from running to the change room. Something that was leaning near the ring post, something that made his brows furrowed and slowed his steps.

 

He went closer, only to find it wasn’t something, it was someone, someone that looked as pale as , like blood drained out of his face and he staggered a lot. Jisoo quickened his steps and squatted down. Wasn’t this boy coming from football team?

 

Cold sweats drenched his uniform as he staggered. Jisoo wasn’t dumb, he knew the symptoms. This boy in front of him was in need. “Hey, hey, hey…” he whispered, “Are you okay?” he asked quietly.

 

“I…, I need it…,” he haltingly mouthed some words. “I need…. A fix… Please… I’ll be…, good… Promise… This time… Just this time…” he tried to hold Jisoo but he failed. “Please… I really, really, really….”

 

 Jisoo shook his head. “I can’t.” he his lips, didn’t know what to do but he didn’t want to leave either. “I can’t give you that. You can’t have it.”

 

“I NEED IT!” the boy screamed at him. “I NEED IT. Please, I need to live…. Please…” he looked so saddening. “Please… I need to be sober… Yoongi will kill me… He knows I don’t recover… He’ll kill me…”

 

Jisoo paused at the mention of his classmate’s name. Right, Yoongi was the Captain of football team. “He won’t.”

 

“He will…” that boy sounded so desperate. “I caused too much problems for him… He will kill me… Please… Please…”

 

Instead of giving what he needed, Jisoo opened his backpack to take his drink bottle. “I read an article that users could reduce their needs with water…, please. I don’t have anything and I can’t have you to take that thing. Just drink up…, drink up until you feel better.”

 

Jisoo watched the boy drank up his water as if he just had a fasting. He waited, patiently, until he stopped staggering. He coughed and sometimes choked on the water he gave, but Jisoo just stayed there, wiping his lips and neck, mouthing some encouraging words to help the boy.

 

Jisoo didn’t notice there were two pairs of eyes, watching his heroic act. One of them looked speechless, and the other one was smirking.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

It was raining.

 

Kyungsoo called it off because he was worried for some of presidents that might take longer time to go home. He already gave the papers about school’s events that would be held on first semester and gave a quick explanation; like for example on February, School Organization planned on creating a Valentine’s Day event (but it wasn’t set yet because they lacked of concepts).

 

Right now, the 2-5’s Class President was standing in front of her school and sighed, she put out her hand to let the droplets wet her palm. She checked her wrist watch and realized it’s already almost six. She still had to go over Jiae’s place…, should she just run? She was in position getting ready to run until…

 

“Hey,”

 

Eunji turned her head only to find Kim Jisoo was looking at her rather confused, before he took out an umbrella of his duffel bag. He stepped toward her with a smile. “Hello,” Eunji greeted back with a smile. “I thought you left school already.” she wondered, trying to sound nice.

 

“Oh yeah, but there was something I need to take care of before, so yeah… I stayed for awhile. What about you? You’re just finished with the meeting?” he asked and now he stretched out his arm to unwrap the umbrella. “It was fast. Kyungsoo usually took longer.”

 

“Um, Kyungsoo was worried we’d get home late so he called it off. He already explained though.” Eunji replied and she didn’t quite grasp a meaning of Jisoo’s furrowed brows. “Yes?” she blinked confusedly.

 

“You’re not coming?” he asked. “You’re heading to bus shelter right? Come on, I don’t think this rain would end in any minute. You might be home late.” he offered and waited. Seeing the girl was hesitating, Jisoo pulled her arm and brought the girl stood beside him under the red umbrella. “There you go. Come on, make sure you won’t get wet your uniform.” he smiled and they walked off the school.

 

Just like the first time they walked together, only silence filled their conversation. Jisoo didn’t seem like talking and Eunji didn’t want to sound too talkative. Jisoo had his eyes fixed on the road while Eunji glanced at him time by time, she wasn’t used with the kindness he offered. They never talked to each other before, but because that one thing named Do Kyungsoo, they became familiar with each other’s presence.

 

There’s something caught Eunji’s attention, the boy said she shouldn’t wet her uniform, but he surely wetted his. She glanced up and realized the umbrella was actually a bit too small for two persons. Something disturbed her, something that shaded her cheeks. She her lips, “… You wet your shoulder,” Eunji muttered quietly and the boy tilted his head to see her fully. “… Come here, we should share this umbrella fairly. Sungjae will be furious at me once he knows his captain is getting sick because of me.”

 

Jisoo took a quick look on his wet shoulder before he cleared his throat, the boy broke into a small smile for three seconds, then replied, “… Can I really?” he asked with eyes fixated on the girl’s.

 

The girl didn’t say a word so he just inched closer to her, accidentally bumped into her shoulder. She was startled with this incident and just looked away. She had to break this awkwardness, she had to or her heart might explode. “… Hey, I want to ask you something.”

 

“Shoot,” he uttered quietly.

 

Damn. How the walk to bus shelter could take so long? “… You seemed to know about the chocolate I received this morning.” she said and just like she expected Jisoo was taken aback for a moment. “You even said I had to eat it because it’s a gift. How do you know it’s from someone? Did you see the sender?” she wondered and watched for Jisoo’s expression.

 

The boy heaved a sigh before he fixed his grip on the umbrella. Slowly he nodded, “Because I thought it was really a gift…, I don’t think someone like him would pleasantly buy anyone a chocolate.” he let out a lopsided smirk.

 

Him?” she pressed on the question. “You know him? Is he in our class? Do I know him too? My goodness…, it wasn’t from you?” she asked and on last question, she seemed broken a bit. Jisoo couldn’t tell because she looked down right away.

 

Jisoo ignored her expression, it’s not like he cared anyway. “We both know him. I can’t tell whether he’s in our class or not because I think it won’t be fun for you. But um…, let’s just say he was thoughtful. He looked rather funny this morning, afraid that I might tell you.”

 

“I see…,”

 

Eunji nodded slightly and they finally arrived at bus shelter, it was pretty packed because most of them were sheltering from the rain. Eunji seemed lost for a moment, before Jisoo reached out her arm and pulled her closer. “Stay close.” he whispered on Eunji’s ears, his breath tickling his neck.

 

Eunji quickly pulled herself back and rubbed her neck furiously. “Don’t do that!” she yelled, “It tickles…”

 

Jisoo stared at her with wide eyes, surprised. “Sorry.” was all he could say to reply her comment.

 

Another silence disturbed their peace and they waited for the bus as slowly the rain stopped. Those, who sheltered to avoid rain, gradually left the bus shelter. Jisoo wrapped up his umbrella and held it on his hand and checked his phone. He smiled on the screen before letting his fingers danced on the keyboard. He put it back on his pants and turned to glance at bored, yawning Jung Eunji. He caught her red-handed, the girl quickly covered and looked away. That was cute. Wait what?

 

“You don’t bring your ball today.” she mentioned inaudibly.

 

“Oh right, yes. Um…, you see. When you’re a friend of a pain in the neck, you’d find out why. Sungjae stole my ball, he said that my girlfriend—oh right he considers my ball as a girlfriend, needed a break. So he brought it with him for a day.”

 

Eunji cackled. “Are you sure it’s just for a day? What if he doesn’t bring it with him tomorrow?”

 

“Oh, I’ll break his precious nose. He’s rich anyway, he could always buy a new one.” Jisoo shrugged and made the girl broke into a fit of laughter. Sungjae always called him lame because he couldn’t make a nice joke, but seeing this girl laughed at him…, it somehow new for his heart. The boy couldn’t do anything except watched Eunji until she finished giggling.

 

They waited for the bus for some minutes later, it still filled with silence and awkward questions, Eunji was being nice to smile or laugh at his response – she’s so unlike Sungjae, maybe that’s why he felt weird to be around this one – and then she pointed at the bus stopping. “That’s my bus.”

 

“Oh, I thought your bus is…” he trailed off because Eunji finished his words.

 

“I need to go to Jiae’s place. I have to check on her, we didn’t talk much today.” she smiled and she again let out a polite grin when Jisoo commented that girls are so talkative when they meet. “I’ll get going then. Thank you so much, Jisoo. I really am thankful.” she waved her hand before went on the bus.

 

Eunji didn’t bother to look back.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Kyungsoo knew he was being a coward for acting like nothing happened between two of them, he knew it hurt her to the core but Kyungsoo wasn’t ready to be strangled in a relationship. It wouldn’t be healthy to have a girlfriend on same organization; he might have different reasons for meeting later on. So to avoid any catastrophe, he didn’t bother to talk to Bomi after meeting was done.

 

“Thank you so much for the hard work today, peeps! I’ll see you all tomorrow!” Kyungsoo waved and let out a bright smile before he walked out of the room, leaving all heads nodded and waved at him with the same bright vibe and pouty Yoon Bomi because she knew he clearly avoided her.

 

Kyungsoo tightened his coat as he fastened his steps, he was hungry and drooled for his mother’s stew, to the bus shelter when he paused to see someone familiar sitting alone at the bench in front of convenience store near his school. Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes to make sure because he didn’t wear his glasses on, before a playful smile was etched on his face and canceled his intention to go home. He jogged to the bench and took a seat across him, surprising the person.

 

“Hey! What is Min Yoongi doing here alone here?” he asked as he crossed his arms against his chest. “Do you mind to have me as company, to make you less pitiable?” he smirked at him and his doe eyes landed on a chocolate bar on Yoongi’s hold. His smirk went wider. “Ah…, I’m hungry. Can I have a bite?” Right before he took the chocolate, Yoongi tugged his hand high.

 

“Nope, it’s not for you.” Yoongi finally spoke up. “What are you doing here? I don’t want to be seen with the squeaky innocent School President, people might talk.” he glanced uncomfortably at Kyungsoo. “I always feel uneasy when you’re around…,”

 

“Ah why…, maybe because I hold some of your biggest secrets…?” Kyungsoo teased cheerfully, seemed like he was in good mood tonight. “Like you don’t want to show people that actually Min Yoongi could cry over King 2 Hearts drama? Or like…, you actually are a closed poet? Or that you care about your members, but you act like you don’t? Or…” his dark brows rose as he continued, “… like that chocolate was supposed to be given to Jung Eunji…?”

 

Yoongi rounded his eyes, of course he was surprised with this fact. How could this man know?! No, the question itself was wrong…, how could this man know everything about him? This man had his truce cards and instead of bribing him, Do Kyungsoo chose to stay calm and remained quiet. He preferred to use it on last moments, like when he was desperate enough for help.

 

“How did you know?” Yoongi ceased his brows in frustration. “You’re not supposed to find out about this.” he swallowed, “Did Jongdae tell you? Damn it, I told him not to tell anyone…” he cursed and had this thought of drilling that boy with high cheekbones, he already made sure that Kim Jongdae would shut his mouth tight.

 

“I saw you this morning, remember?” Kyungsoo had this smug smile carved on his innocent face, how could it doesn’t match his personality at school, maybe this is why Yoon Bomi doesn’t want to date him; Do Kyungsoo is a bipolar. “… I saw you three were so disgustingly cute this morning. I had hard time not to tease that giant,” he heaved a sigh and then locked his eyes on Yoongi’s gaze. “Why didn’t you give the chocolate to her?”

 

Yoongi rolled his eyes. “… She already received one.” he replied monotonously.

 

“Yeah, but it wasn’t from you.” Kyungsoo successfully checkmated him. Seeing Yoongi was uninterested to retort, Kyungsoo cleared his throat and stood up. “Ah I’m hungry. Let’s go home.”

 

“Why should I?” Yoongi stared at him with blank expression. “You go. I still need to think here.”

 

Kyungsoo harrumphed, “Please don’t make me spoil more of your secrets to force you coming with me…, but uh wait… I have the embarrassing one! Remember when you liked this girl in middle school—” his mouth was rudely covered by Yoongi’s palm. The latter hissed at him and Kyungsoo made V sign with his point and middle finger. “You can think at home, Min. Let’s get home first and eat. My mother cooks kimchi stew today…,” he continued after he let him go.

 

Yoongi knew Do Kyungsoo waited for his response, as usual. “How much did she cook today?” he wondered and the School President grinned seeing him hoisted backpack over his shoulder and started to walk.

 

“You know her…,” Kyungsoo shrugged. “She always cooks as if they’re for armies.”

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Haena arrived at her company office on one fine evening, along with her manager oppa and her personal stylist that have been appointed for her since she debuted at the age of 12. They watched Haena sat and put her hand over her palm – she was sure exhausted after Fashion Weeks, but they realized it was once in a lifetime chance. Jung Haena was the youngest model to walk for that designer’s clothes – which meant it could lead her to something better; call it commercial films, dramas, magazines’ covers, or variety shows. But that also came with a consequence; she wouldn’t be able to come to school for every single day like others supposed to do. There would be at least two weeks that she might absent for schedules. Even though it’s compromised, both the manager and stylist knew how much Haena wanted to go to school.

 

Haena was loner, she didn’t have friends or intention to have one. On her defense, it’s because most of them came for a reason – either to raise their fame or to spend her money – no one, so far, came to her with pure intention to befriend Jung Haena, the ordinary student of Seoul High, not Jung Haena, the young rising star.

 

“Haena, do you want to eat something after the meeting?” her manager oppa, Jonghyun wondered. “Director said you can have anything you want today because you did great job…, but he doesn’t allow you eat too much as well…, you still need to maintain your weight, he wants you still on your perfect shape. So pizza maybe? Or something warm?” the girl remained motionless. “Just tell me ad oppa will buy it for you.” he smiled gently at her.

 

“You know…,” her voice was loud in this quiet place. “Some girls in changing room, they talked about their school’s food. They said it never tastes nice,” she told quietly. “I wonder how it really tastes like,” she muttered under her breath and looked away, eyes fixated on the reflection of herself in the mirror.

 

Jonghyun and her personal stylist, Yura gazed meaningfully at each other. It’s been awhile and Haena only allowed coming to school for the first day only, due to opening ceremony and to show everyone that she’s a model student. Usually Haena didn’t complain or even bother to talk about her school, but if she already spoke up her mid…, maybe she really missed it like usual human being.

 

“I don’t want food oppa, I need to starve myself if I eat anyhow. I just want to go to school. My class seems fun, my teacher seems fun.” Haena turned to see Jonghyun, eyes filled with expectation. “Can’t I be a happy seventeen years old second grader Jung Haena this time? I didn’t do my best last year…,” she must be talking about her rank – she was originally a smart kid, so it’s kind of humiliating for her to rank on 77th.

 

“But how? Director wouldn’t be pleased to her this…,” if only Jonghyun could decide for himself, he would happily do it. But again, he’s just a subordinate and a man needed living. “You remember our last conversation and it didn’t go well…”

 

Haena gradually let out a smile, it was an ambiguous one, both Jonghyun and Yura didn’t know what it meant. “But he will this time, believe me.”

 

“How so?”

 

“Because…, I know something he doesn’t want the world to find out.” Haena then rested her head over the armchair and fell asleep some moments after.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Jiae was choked on her juice and splattered on her bed. She coughed before gazed up to look at her best friend, after Eunji told about what happened today. “NO WAY!” Jiae exclaimed, “No way…,” Eunji sat on Jiae’s bed cross-legged. “The secret admirer is in our class?!”

 

“He didn’t say it’s in our class.” Eunji denied the possibility of having someone liking him from the same class.

 

“Of course it’s in our class,” Jiae insisted. “If it isn’t, Jisoo won’t answer it vaguely. He did that just to make you confused. It means he knows the sender and somehow doesn’t want you to find out.”

 

“And why doesn’t he want me to find out?” Eunji asked, eyes squinted in curiosity.

 

“I don’t know,” Jiae shrugged carelessly. “Maybe he likes you?” Jiae glimpsed at her best friend, whose cheeks swiftly tinted pink. “… Do not expect too much. It’s just a guess, you girl.” Jiae smiled seeing Eunji scowled. “Damn…,” Jiae huffed deeply. “The secret admirer is in our class but we have no clue…, but who? Who likes you?” Eunji gave a displeased expression and Jiae fixed her question. “Not in that way! I mean…, who possibly has this stupid puppy love with you…,”

 

Eunji didn’t answer because she too had no idea. The thought of having someone, a boy, liked her was too overwhelming. It’s not like she was as pretty as Lee Jieun or Jung Soojung. Shrugging the thought away, Eunji changed the topic. “How’s your leg? Does it still hurt?” she pointed at Jiae’s bruised leg.

 

“Yeah it will heal soon, so you don’t need to worry. Seriously, what’s with you two. You both came here all the way, looking worried about my leg. It’s not like I’m gonna losing this anyway—” Jiae was cut off.

 

“—two? What do you mean?” Eunji gasped at meaningful stare Jiae gave. “Damn, Youngjae is here too?!” Eunji exclaimed and Jiae had to cover . The girl mouthed some words but they were muffled.

 

Jiae finally let go and Eunji looked like she needed an explanation. “Youngjae kept saying it was his fault for being dumb and careless. And I can’t do anything when he came to visit me and said he wanted to sleepover.”

 

“He’s here?” Eunji widened her eyes. “Don’t tell me he’s sleeping with your twin.” Jiae had a twin named Seungho, yes he’s a boy. They are twins but they were so not look alike and so were their personalities. Jiae was all cheery and adorable, while Seungho was calm and handsome. Eunji used to have this massive crush on the boy, but seeing Seungho always remained motionless, she finally gave up. Jiae once said that Seungho might end up alone because of his personality.

 

Jiae nodded lightly. “What, don’t give me that look.” Jiae looked away once sensing Eunji was judging.

 

“He’s so obvious… Don’t you feel like wanted to do something about it?” Eunji sighed, she knew both ways – of course.

 

“Like what?” Jiae rolled her eyes, before they landed at her clock on nightstand. “Eunji…,” she called and the girl hummed. “Don’t you have to go back? It’s getting late. Your mother will be furious.”

 

Eunji checked her wrist watch and realized it’s almost 9pm. “DAMN.” She hurried to get up and packed her stuff, she even had time to steal a sip of Jiae’s juice before kissed her best friend on her cheek. “Get well soon, Yoo Jiae, my dear!” before slammed the door.

 

Jiae chuckled inaudibly alone, until the door squeaked open. A head peeked in, it was her twin. “Was it Eunji?” he asked as he opened the door wider to let Youngjae stood beside him too. His sister nodded. “She’s loud.” he commented.

 

Youngjae and Jiae scoffed in unison. “She’s always loud.” they corrected, again, in unison.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Baekhyun knew, it’s just he didn’t say much. Usually he could be loud and talkative, and usually Chanyeol did his best to tolerate him. But out of days, today was the day where Baekhyun had to use his ability to observe his best friend.

 

The phone has been vibrating since this morning. If he wasn’t miscalculated, it’s already almost the forty-something-th miscalls. Chanyeol didn’t even need to look or reject the call. He just did whatever he did, like reading his thick book or studying or taking notes or like this…, having his dinner with Baekhyun, as if it’s been a habit.

 

“You’re sure you don’t want to pick it up?” Baekhyun wondered. “I’m sure he needs to talk to you. Who knows it’s emergency.” Baekhyun tried to not sound bossing.

 

The boy across him sneered, “So now is emergency.” he kept his tone flat but it meant so much more for Baekhyun; it’s filled with anger and hatred.

 

Baekhyun gulped, “… Very well then,” he tried to understand the boy. “Let’s talk about other things, like… um, the chocolate you gave.”

 

Chanyeol stopped eating his dinner, head hung low. He wouldn’t let Baekhyun to see his eyes. Never. “What about it?”

 

“Did she eat it?” Baekhyun questioned. “This morning was epic. It’s just a bar of chocolate and they thought of it as secret admirer…,”

 

“She didn’t, she said she might eat it with her siblings. I don’t care,” Chanyeol returned to his food and refused to look at his friend.

 

“You don’t care,” Baekhyun emphasized, Chanyeol could feel he was smiling. “Funny.”

 

“What.” Chanyeol finally looked up with irritated look, he always hated the way Baekhyun was able reading him thoroughly.

 

“… You always act like you don’t care, but you never say it out loud.” Baekhyun smirked. “… It bothers your ego, doesn’t it?”

 

“Shut up, Byun.” Chanyeol held back this urge to throw his sandals on him, before he turned to see a message lit up his phone. Didn’t bother to check, Chanyeol turned it off and back to his dinner.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Kim Jongdae ran like there was no tomorrow and banged the door opened, surprising his teammates. But he didn’t care, his eyes scanned the members and found Yoongi was just about to change his clothes. He inched toward him and pulled him by his hand. “Yoongi, this is an emergency.”

 

Sensing that Jongdae was serious, he stopped ing his shirt and looked with the same curious eyes like others. Out of blue, the room grew quiet. “What is it?” now even his tone was filled with questions.

 

“… This is about Kangjoon.” Jongdae gulped and Yoongi’s shoulders tensed. “They found out.”

 

“What?!” Yoongi’s eyes widened. “How?! When?! Where is he now?!” Yoongi was pushed when he wanted to leave the room.

 

“Listen to me!” Jongdae couldn’t help not to yell at his captain, Yoongi was too restless now and it made sense. Yoongi always tried his best to cover for that boy. “Someone…, someone reported him to school’s board. Kangjoon is in process now, rumor says he would be expel—”

 

Yoongi squeezed his hair as his cheeks reddened because of emotions. “Who is it?” he asked, tone was deathly. “Who the reported to school’s board?”

 

Jongdae hesitated, so Yoongi pulled him closer by the collar, he repeated his question; now he was fully in anger. “… Kim Jisoo.” he said. “I asked some of students and they said they saw Kim Jisoo this morning with Kangjoon and—”

 

Yoongi couldn’t control his temper anymore as he pushed Jongdae away and fled to his classroom. His eyes were flamed in anger, hatred, and those devious feelings as he stepped toward the boy that was innocent – he was sure had no idea something would happen to him.

 

Yoongi harshly kicked his chair, it pushed him down to fall on his left arm, as he turned to see Yoongi was panting heavily. Before he even could say a word, the next thing has happened; Yoongi was on top of him and punched him repetitively on his face.

 

“You motherer! You ! You brainless human being! WHAT THE HAVE YOU DONE TO KANGJOON?!” for each question, there was a sharp punch hit his face. “YOU WHIMPY SNITCH! JUST DIE! DIE YOU BASTARD!” he didn’t think whether his curse were too insensitive for the girls that also in the room.

 

Yoongi didn’t stop even when the girls screamed at him, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol widened their eyes once they walked in to the room, and Jisoo was bleeding severely. Eunji too was there and didn’t know what to do. Should she barge and cover for him?

 

“YAH MIN YOONGI!” Kyungsoo got in to the scene as he tried to pull the greenish haired away, he failed though, and was pushed aside rudely. He attempted again, now with the help of Junmyeon and Sungjae. “YAH MIN YOONGI! WHAT THE DUDE!!!!” he screamed as he held his scarlet collar – it was splattered with Jisoo’s blood. “… You can’t go and hit anyone as you pleased! I told you to control that ing bad temper!”

 

This may sound inappropriate, but Bomi found it hot of Kyungsoo for cursing like that. Do Kyungsoo doesn’t curse, but once he did…, it’s super amusing.

 

“THAT ASSHOOLE…, HE REPORTED KANGJOON TO SCHOOL’S BOARD! HE REPORTED HIM FOR HIS SUBSTANCE USING! HE MADE HIM…, HE MADE MY FRIEND EXPELLED!” Yoongi tried to escape but Sungjae gripped him tighter.

 

Eunji looked at Jisoo – that poor boy looked so pathetic, so she squatted down as she checked on him. She asked whether he’s okay, and the boy just nodded slightly before gave a pat on her head. Jisoo coughed as he spit some blood out of his mouth, slowly shaking his head. “I didn’t…,” he said lowly under his breath. “… I didn’t report him to anyone,”

 

“LIAR!” Yoongi growled and he tried his hardest to flee, he pushed Junmyeon and Sungjae at once – they fell on the ground – and ran to attack him again.

 

It was either because Yoongi’s sight was blurry because of his emotions or because Eunji was too close to Jisoo, the greenish haired boy instead landed a punch – it was a pretty sharp one – on her face.

 

She passed out right away, made all eyes widened in shock.

 

“Jung Eunji! YAH! YAH! JUNG EUNJI, WAKE UP!”

 


February 20th 2016

happy, happy reading! ^^