Act 2: Class President

School

Image result for yoon bomi gif

MOOD: Hello — SHINee


 

“NO!” The class was loud with rejection. This was surprising – why are these kids are in unison when it comes to disliking and refusing?

 

“Seonsaengnim, I think we can figure out ourselves later. Don’t you think we should just go with Soobin’s suggest? Let’s start the class election.” Kyungsoo proposed politely, while others were nodding in agreement. Expected from a School President.

 

“Why are you all so excited about class election?” Yoochun wondered with a confused look. “Are there volunteers?” he asked and now all eyes looked anywhere but him. No one wanted to be a black sheep. “No right? That’s why we have to get to know first before we do class election. Who knows there will be volunteers,” he smiled and gazed at his notes. “Since I already collected information about you all, so I will ask questions—not everyone, I’ll just pick out randomly. So raise your hand okay?”

 

The classroom filled with soft sighs, maybe wondering why on earth their homeroom teacher was so excited doing this. While waiting, Baekhyun threw a quick glance on his best friend and grinned because Chanyeol’s face was too obvious. Sungjae pretended to sleep so Sooyoung couldn’t bother him. Soojung was sketching on her notebook. Bomi was watching Yoochun quietly as she put her chin over her palm.

 

“Okay! My first question goes to….,” he looked around and smiled. “Lee Howon.” The latter sat back right away and waited for the question nervously. “I’m just wondering what you want to do after school ends.”

 

Howon looked thoughtful for a good three seconds before he replied, “I want to debut as a singer,” he smiled. “Since I have three younger siblings, I want to help my parents’ burdens. They say singers make much money right?” small laughter was heard. “And I think I’ll make a great dancing singer.” he ended confidently.

 

Yoochun smiled as he raised a thumb to the boy. “You’ll do well…” Howon seemed satisfied with his answer and now Yoochun turned to see around. “Kim Junmyeon?” he called and the said boy blinked. “It is written here you earned a nickname as Church Oppa, care to enlighten me?”

 

Junmyeon’s cheeks pinked as he shook his head a little. “I actually don’t know why I could earn that nickname, Seonsaengnim. Really, I am curious as you are too. But once I asked my friends and they said it’s because I looked fragile and innocent, and somehow religious too – like someone that is fated not to sin, they said. I don’t know,” he shrugged and the small chuckles were heard.

 

Yoochun too smiled at his answer before he scanned for another name, he gazed up and somehow locked his eyes with Eunji’s before she looked away in instant. Something made her to, something that she felt weird because right after that Yoochun checked his notes and smiled softly. And just like she thought, “Jung Eunji?” her name was called.

 

Eunji cursed under her breath – it made both Jisoo that looked bored and Chanyeol that was reading his book tilted their heads to see the one in the middle. One of them smirked and the other snorted. “Yes, Seonsaengnim?” she asked breathlessly.

 

“This is said that you were Class President?” Yoochun asked with an interested look in his eyes.

 

“It was because I lost paper-stone-scissors! I was fooled by my classmates and I ended up as a Class President, believe me Seonsaengnim I don’t meet the qualification to be a Class President! I’m not smart… obviously, I’m not that diligent and I tend to mess up things! I didn’t work well last year. You can ask Jiae! Or Bomi! Or even Hyunwoo…, they know how I worked last year!” Eunji blabbed messily and bit her inner lips, worried that she might hold that position again.

 

“Park Chanyeol?” the giant beside her looked up as well and waited. “Here’s also stated that you were Vice Class President last year,” he didn’t need to continue because unlike Eunji he gently nodded.

 

“But for your information Seonsaengnim, I didn’t do my job at all because the Class President covered for everything…,” he glanced at Kyungsoo hiding his smile.

 

Yoochun nodded contently before he continued, “Well class, I have a proposition. What if we decide Jung Eunji and Park Chanyeol as our Class President and VP? I bet they have better experience than any of you…, not like I want to say that they are fit better. Firstly I wanted Kyungsoo to hold this position but then I realized he might have hard time in school parliament already, just like Kim Jisoo and Min Yoongi and it’s also you Chae Soobin. Three of you already hold position as Captain, and I don’t need to burden you more.” Yoochun glanced at Soobin before she looked away with a frown.

 

Eunji raised her fist in exasperation. No she didn’t need to be Class President. “But Seonsaengnim!” she sighed. “I told you I don’t meet the qualification! I even ranked last! I’m not smart! Do you ever see a dumb kid becomes a Class President voluntarily?” Eunji seemed persistent. She turned to see Chanyeol’s expression but the boy remained motionless. He even didn’t bother to complain. “Yah! Help me here, won’t you?” she whispered but Chanyeol only rolled his eyes. “And Seonsaengnim, don’t you think it’s much better if Chanyeol takes the lead and I’ll be his VP? Since he is way smarter than me…,” she asked expectantly.

 

“First of all, you’re not dumb okay? Just because you’re not as smart as Park Chanyeol or anyone in this class, it doesn’t make you dumb. Second, you have more experiences than Chanyeol I bet, didn’t you listen what he said? His Class President got everything covered so he didn’t need to do anything. Third, I’m sorry to say this but I do. I see it right now and it’s you.” said Yoochun.

 

The scoffs had decided its fate. Since today, Jung Eunji and Park Chanyeol would be 2-5’s Class President and Vice President.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

“Our homeroom teacher is weird.” Jiae said as she chewed her triangle kimbap. She’s in the canteen with Eunji and Youngjae. The three of them are already a trio since first year – Jiae and Eunji because they were friends since middle school while Youngjae added last because he’s close to Jiae in their club. It’s weird because Youngjae always ignored people but never happened to Jiae.

 

“You’re disgusting, Jiae…” Youngjae wiped with his napkin before he nodded. “But true, it’s like Park Seonsaengnim has obsession to make us close.” He pushed Eunji’s forehead with his finger when that girl seemed unfocused.

 

“Yah, watch your hand Yoo Youngjae!” Eunji groaned as she hit him multiple times. “Ahhh…, what should I do… Yah! This is not fair! You guys have better seats than me! Oughh. My mom would cut me to pieces if she knows I rank last again.” She raked her hair in annoyance. “Oughh! And that … Who is he again? OH! Park Chanyeol. Oughhhh!! I really want to kick him! Did you see the way he snorted? Shoot! And why none of you support me back there? ARGH! Why would I be Class President again?” she whined and messed her kimbap, while Youngjae and Jiae just looked in pity.

 

Jiae was the first that patted her head motherly as she smiled. “Yah, you did great last year, didn’t she Youngjae?” she turned to Youngjae and mouthed some inaudible words. “You really were a good President! Not as flawless as Kyungsoo or Joohyuk—”

 

“—why do I feel this as a mockery instead a moral support?” Eunji cut her off and Jiae smiled bashfully.

 

“But the thing is…,” Youngjae took over while Jiae still caressed her hair. “There must be a reason why Park Seonsaengnim insisted you to be his President. He must see something sparkling inside you, Eunji. You have us in that class, we will stay on your side no matter what.” Youngjae rarely talked a lot, he was more an observant than her two girl friends. So when he did, Eunji couldn’t help but smile. “And anyway you have your crush, don’t you! Finally your endless prayers are answered! Don’t you feel giddy about it? Being in the same class with him…,”

 

“Yah it’s useless, useless… Eunji won’t do anything just like last year, Youngjae. She just harbors a one-side feeling. She only stares at him because she’s not brave enough to talk to him.” Jiae jeered at her with raising her chopsticks to steal some ramen from Youngjae’s plastic bowl.

 

“YAH!” Eunji harrumphed. “It’s because we were on different classes! What should I talk about? Even the teachers are mostly different! I don’t have topic…, but this year… It will be different! No more shy stares…,” she balled her fist excitedly. “I’ll go and talk to him,”

 

“Yah,” Youngjae nudged Jiae. Jiae turned with full, a smile etched on Youngjae before he cleaned the stain on her cheeks. “Want to bet how long she would last?”

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

“Come in.”

 

The door squeaked open as a girl walked in to the room with a lunchbox on her hold. She seemed proud at the boy that now sat behind his desk with his thick, dark, furrowed brows, checking those pile of papers. Sensing to be gazed at, he looked up and broke into a soft smile.

 

“It’s called break time for a reason you see…,” she said as she put some papers away so she could put her drink bottle and lunchbox on the desk. He watched amusedly so she continued, “I don’t see you either in canteen or hallway, so I guess you might be here.”

 

“And as always, your guess is always right.” he took the chopsticks and saw her just looking. “You’re not eating?” he asked.

 

“Um? Oh no, it’s for you. I ate earlier with Sohyun.” she smiled. “So how’s work? I’m sorry but I haven’t finished mine. Football club hasn’t revised their proposal and it’s so hard to talk to any of them. Also I’m kind of afraid with Yoongi. He seems cruel.” She huffed and the boy just smirked.

 

“I’ll talk to Yoongi later. I’m School President so I think he would listen to me.” he smiled, plump lips made him look so good.

 

“So cocky.” she scoffed. “I can’t believe I dedicate my life to work with such a cocky boss. Should I quit? I believe you could find another Treasurer in the blink of eye.” she pretended to act bitterly that made him pinch her cheek. “Ouch. That hurts.”

 

“So what will you do after school?” he asked as he started enjoying his meal, she was always a great cook and maybe he slowly grew addicted to her lunchboxes. “Should we go somewhere? I think we don’t have a meeting, it’s first day after all.”

 

She pulled her hand that firstly on the table down on her lap, she was hesitating – the boy could tell. “Sohyun asked me to go somewhere.”

 

He chuckled. “Where to now? Busan? Jeju? KBS? Or Myeongdong to buy Big Bang’s stuffs again? Should I go with you two?”

 

“It’s not something like that…,” she bit her lips and now the boy has his eyes squinted in curious. “Sohyun said she has a friend… That is interested in me…,”

 

As if he was knocked on head, he got the picture right away. Of course, expected from a smart boy like him. He grunted, “You’re going to a blind date.” She didn’t shake or nod her head that it made the boy placed the chopsticks on the table with a desperate deep sigh. He his lips before he continued, “May I know why?”

 

It took a while, maybe five minutes or more but it felt like ages for him, until she spoke up. “Because Sohyun said I deserve someone that draws a clear line. And Sohyun said I deserve a man who is brave to admit he likes me instead him that refuses to tell what I am to him…”

 

He was wordless. He couldn’t even say anything. Before she could make things better, he stood up already and picked papers randomly. “I’ll talk to Yoongi. You can…, um you can do anything you want until bell rings.” And with that, he left the room with soft thud.

 

She sighed as she thought; maybe she’s just alike her lunchbox. Leftovers.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Lee Howon enjoyed the music as he bobbed his head up and down. In his brain he already pictured how the dance moves would like and he just can’t wait until school ends. Two of the members, Oh Sehun and Lee Dongwoo were also there with him in canteen chatting.

 

Right after he pulled the earphone away, Sehun was the first to ask. “How is it? The music is good right? Jongin worked overnight to do this epic mashup, that’s why he skipped class today.”

 

“He’s great.” Howon raised his thumb. “Ah I can’t wait! It’s just one month away before the competition… The winner will get a free ticket as trainee right?” Both Sehun and Dongwoo nodded eagerly. Just like him, two of them also wanted to debut as idols.

 

“Just stay healthy and alive okay? You’re our leader. We’ll be doomed if you’re not around.” Dongwoo joked and his friends laughed along. “Should we call Jongin and Jongup for practice?”

 

He unconsciously touched his waist area before a bright smile was there on his face. “Yeah sure!” Howon cheered. “I really can’t wait…,” he repeated and Sehun hit his head jokingly with a grin.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

The bell has rung as the teacher, Hwang Seonsaengnim dismissed the class – he laughed by the way as he realized Eunji become Class President again – and the class rushed to leave. Right before Chanyeol could even step away, Eunji caught his wrist and stopped him. Baekhyun that waited for him widened his eyes and Chanyeol looked down on her hand. “You can’t go. You need to help me with this.”

 

Chanyeol breathed out as he tried to tug her hand away, “I think I’ve said it before. I don’t do anything because Class President has done everything.”

 

“So help me.” Eunji insisted. “Just because you didn’t do anything last year, it doesn’t mean I’ll do the same. You’re a VP, my responsibility is yours as well.”

 

Chanyeol should learn that she is a strong-willed young lady since her grip was so tight and now it’s started to hurt. But she should learn too that Park Chanyeol is a stubborn young lad, so he tugged her hand away and touched his arm, before he looked down on her. “Then it makes mine your responsibility?” he asked with a brow rose. It’s dangerous, his eyes are dangerous – so Eunji looked away and nodded to see his eyes. “You might be surprised to see what my responsibilities are and it’s possible too, that you might step back and refuse to have mine.” he smirked. “I don’t waste time for something useless like that you see, Jung Eunji? So don’t be weak and just get it done. You can do it last year, then why can’t you now?”

 

With that, Chanyeol walked away leaving the class with few students inside – Jiae and Youngjae watched blankly, Jisoo that was so busy with his bag, Yoongi that tried to hold back his smug grin, Kyungsoo that listened to everything, and Baekhyun that sighed.

 

Yoongi stood up and hoisted his backpack before clapped. “Whoa Byun Baekhyun…, just whoaaa… I’m amazed. He’s grown already! Tell him that Min Yoongi is very proud of him okay?” he tapped Baekhyun’s shoulder before walked out.

 

Kyungsoo and Jisoo didn’t say anything, just walked out of the room quietly. Baekhyun seemed guilty so he said, “On behalf of that spoiled brat, I’m so sorry. Chanyeol is just…, like that. He can’t choose words well. I’ll talk to him so he would apologize to you.”

 

“No,” Eunji shook her head. “I don’t need your apology or his. It’s fine. Thank you anyway Byun Baekhyun. It’s amazing how you could stay with him after all.” Eunji said and now she turned to do her job.

 

Baekhyun left with no words, Jiae and Youngjae inched closer to sit in front of her. “Yah do you need help? We can help.” Jiae said and pulled Youngjae closer. “Youngjae is good at arranging, so he’s willing to help.”

 

Eunji shook his head. “You two should go. What time does that movie start? You told me that you need to review it for your club’s magazine. Just go, I’ll be fine.” Eunji smiled willingly. “I’ll text you once I got home, Jiae. Just go. Youngjae seems really want to see the movie.” Eunji said as she realized Youngjae checked his wrist watch for umpteenth time.

 

“Yah how could you!” Jiae hissed and smacked his stomach, made Youngjae whined. “Eunji isn’t more important than that movie?”

 

“Just go. I need to finish this so I could go home. My mom would kill me if I go home late.” Eunji politely shooed them.

 

“Promise you will text me when you’re home?” Jiae asked, making sure.

 

“When did I never?” Eunji replied with a question and Jiae smiled brightly. They left finally and now the class was really empty. Eunji sighed and picked out her phone, only to turn some music to give her company. “Let’s get this done, Jung Eunji.”

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Sungjae knew something bothered his captain since he walked in their room, he seemed unfocused and just nodded slightly whenever kids asked him question. Sungjae too was curious but he wasn’t confident enough to ask. If Jisoo wanted to tell, he would.

 

So he waited until the practice was over. He waited until Jisoo was finished bathing. But still, he didn’t bother to talk – it’s just he looked so helpless with confused eyes. Sungjae sighed and finally decided maybe it’s the right time to ask. “Dude,” he called and Jisoo raised a brow. He was still drying his hair. “You know that I know you, don’t you?” he intentionally asked like that because he enjoyed seeing Jisoo flustered.

 

“Yeah so?” Jisoo looked dumbfounded with those confused eyes.

 

“So… I was wondering, am still wondering…, why are you looking so distracted? Is there something bothers you?” Sungjae put his white towel on his shoulder, ignored droplets of water fell over his fringe.

 

“No…, it’s just…” he paused. Sungjae was still waiting as Jisoo processed his next words, “Yah Yook Sungjae, answer me. You actually shouldn’t be concerned about this at the first place… But then, there’s something ticklish inside…, something that ask you to… um you know… do something about it…” he fixated his eyes on Sungjae. “What would you do if that happened to you?”

 

“I’ll just go and do it.” Sungjae shrugged mindlessly as he dried his hair. “Dude, I’m not a fan of regrets you see… Instead of thinking what ifs I prefer to think damn I did swag…” With a pat on shoulder, Sungjae left Jisoo with his thoughts alone.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

“Do you need help with those?”

 

Eunji looked up and found Do Kyungsoo was walking to her table before he took Jisoo’s seat and pulled it next to her. Eunji was still blinking when he finally sat down and nodded at bunch of papers with his classmates’ names on it.

 

“I was just about to go home when I still see the lights are on,” he explained even Eunji didn’t ask for it. “So I thought you might need help.”

 

Do Kyungsoo was infamous for being considerate and angelic smile, but Eunji has never been spoken to him in person. She just knew that he is Do Kyungsoo and somehow he might have a thing with the Treasurer.

 

Do Kyungsoo took a look at Eunji’s paper and nodded lightly. “You’re still writing for Soojung. It means we still have fourteen names to go. Come, let me start with Howon…, and you write until Sohyun.”

 

Eunji was still staring until a pen was hit on her forehead. She got her sense back and nodded carelessly and continued writing. It lasted for a few moments before she looked up, “Why are you doing this? Don’t you have plans… Like maybe go out with her?” she asked casually, tried not to sound nosy.

 

“I was just finished forcing Yoongi to turn in his proposal. Just like what I said, I was about to go home when I saw the lights are still on. And more you were turned down badly by Chanyeol…, so I decided to come and help you. You’re okay with this right?” Kyungsoo asked and she nodded. “And no, I don’t have decent plans for tonight…, and she goes on blind date anyway, so let me just help you.”

 

Eunji furrowed her brows. “Blind date?” Eunji blinked confusedly. “But I thought you two are…,” she trailed off because Kyungsoo had this small smirk on his face. “So you’re not?” she asked, making sure.

 

“I don’t think having a girlfriend from the same organization would be healthy.” Kyungsoo reasoned out, he too didn’t understand why he answered to Eunji’s question – it’s quite personal though. “Anyway, take this as an advice from a fellow President,” Kyungsoo joked with a smile. “If you can’t do it alone, you should ask for help. It’s nice to control everything, but it to see things fall apart because you think you have worlds in your palm…” Kyungsoo said and then he continued to write down the information about Kim Junmyeon.

 

Eunji nodded and was about to write again, when something hit hard on her. “Should I do the same to repay you? I have an advice too for a fellow President, and this might be helpful.” Eunji asked back and Kyungsoo turned to see her with his thick brow raised. “Yah, Do Kyungsoo… You should just man up and confess to Yoon Bomi.”

 


January 22nd 2016

happy reading! ^^