Act 3: Break Walls

School

Image result for jung eunji gif

MOOD: Everytime — Chen (EXO) ft. Punch


 

Yoongi tilted his head from side to side and heaved a deep sigh. He still chewed the gum that has been there already since this morning, before he looked up to see a boy on his knees that looked worried. “Do you recognize what your fault is now?” he asked sternly. Yoongi was still chewing his gum while some of his team mates watched restlessly. In public’s eye Min Yoongi might seem kind and nice, delicate too because his eye smile, but it’s just a way to get people’s attention. “Still no?” he sighed before stood up of his seat and squatted down. He glared at the boy’s eyes and said, “There are three rules that I told you right? What are they?”

 

Yoongi was too close. And it somehow was a dangerous thing because he could do anything in a distance of centimeters away – including slapping and kicking this poor boy. “First, you don’t tolerate wishy-washy kids. You don’t appreciate those who come and go. Second, you will never forgive if we hit girls, because it shows that we are actually a sissy.” Then the boy swallowed before he mentioned third, “Third, you don’t allow us using.”

 

A slap was heard. Yoongi watched his hand that slowly reddened and his face where his fingers were traced on. He his lips, huffing before corrected the poor boy. “Third, I allow you using you little piece of . I always allow you, but I never allow you to take friends together. If you’re using, you take all the consequences for yourself; either it’s death or arrested. Did I or didn’t I mention this before?” The boy didn’t say anything so Yoongi slapped him again. “Did I or didn’t I?” his tone was lower but it sounded deathlier to whoever heard him talking.

 

Yoongi stood up finally and sighed. He inched to the wall and smacked it hard. Hard enough to make his knuckles bruised, hard enough to make those kids jumped in surprise, and hard enough to show them that he was pissed off. “I knew it.” he muttered under his breath, “I knew it was wrong to let you come back. This is why I shouldn’t give people second chances…,” he shook his head a little before he turned to see the other members. “I told you all, didn’t I? He won’t be sorry for what he did. He made one died because of that and he won’t stop doing it.” Yoongi his chapped lips before he turned to see s, “… I want two of you accompany this little piece of to the hospital. Make sure he apologizes.”

 

“But Yoongi, what if his parents refuse to meet him? What should we do?” the boy with curly brunette hair braced himself to ask. It’s possible though because his parents were so hurt because of the news.

 

“Then make sure he begs on his knees for mercy, you can kick him to make him bend if it’s a must. This made his friend overdosed, so he has to take responsibility out of it. And you,” he pointed at the boy. “I don’t need to see you again for any reason here. Take a detour if you see me from afar, look away if I accidentally gaze at you, or get out of here. Just don’t come back. I’m tired with second chances and I’m not planning to hand you a third one.” Yoongi glanced at the poor boy and tightened his jaw before he stormed out the football’s room with a slam.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Jisoo realized s weren’t focused as he turned to see that cheerleaders were also practicing in the same room. Those girls did amazing stunts, he admitted but it made s kept gasping and dumbfounded. He clicked his tongue, knowing that the Cheerleader’s Captain was quite a headstrong and knew she insisted teachers to allow them practice in the same room like the basketball jocks.

 

Jisoo shook his head a little as he saw Soobin was looking rather proud to amaze the jocks, as she shifted her eyes and found Jisoo was staring with unreadable expression. Smiling angelically, she went to his side with hands crossed against her chest. Jisoo didn’t bother to smile back. “I can tell your boys are amazed with my girls,” she bragged politely.

 

Jisoo snorted. “And I can tell your girls intentionally planned to show off here.” he replied with a bored tone made Soobin chuckled a little. “Seriously do you really have to practice here? In front of us? You know these punks need to focus for upcoming match, Soobin.”

 

Soobin shrugged. “Well we need to study whether people would like with our new moves, that’s why I chose this place.” she cackled but it sounded like a teasing laugher, “But I guess maybe it’s because you guys are easily impresed at things. This…,” she motioned her hand to cheerleaders’ crowd, “… actually is nothing. We still have more to amuse you.”

 

Jisoo rolled his eyes. “I still don’t understand why such an overconfident young lady is chosen to be the Captain. I thought Soojung would be a better fit.”

 

Jisoo has crossed the line, he could tell because Soobin’s facial expression changed in instant. “Soojung quitted, she didn’t have the audacity to become a captain, so stop saying that. Either ways, like it or not I am the Cheerleader’s Captain.”

 

“Then start acting like one. I’ve been watching you and all you do is being bossy. A true captain shouldn’t do that, Soobin, because believe me…, if you keep that act you will be pushed aside sooner or later. And you will be sad because no one would reach out their hand to help you stand back,” Jisoo patted her shoulder before running to his boys for practice.

 

Soobin was annoyed as she balled her fists until her knuckles whitened. When Sooyoung approached her to call for practice, she could hear her captain whispered “I will end you,” irritably.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Eunji waited for Kyungsoo in front of his office, Kyungsoo said he needed to bring some papers home to read. She checked her wrist watch and smiled because it’s still early and her mother wouldn’t kill her for being late. Eunji has made up her mind and planned to buy something for Kyungsoo – since the boy literally saved her time and her life.

 

“I’m sorry, did I take long time?” Kyungsoo asked as he went out of his office before locked it. Eunji shook her head and walked beside Kyungsoo. The School President has his charms in some ways, he could make anyone feel that they could rely on his shoulder for no reason. And thanks for tonight they shared, Eunji learnt few things from this fellow President.

 

“Kyungsoo, are you hungry?” she asked as they stopped by the convenience store. “I wanted to show my gratitude by buying you food.” she smiled timidly. “Do you feel like you want to eat something tonight? As long as you’re not asking for hanwoo or something expensive, I’ll buy it for you.”

 

Kyungsoo waved his hands. “Yah I helped you voluntarily, you shouldn’t bother about it…,” he trailed off as he recognized a figure sitting on bench outside the store. He had his eyes squinted to make sure he wasn’t mistaken before he shifted his eyes to Eunji, “Eunji do you want to go first? I need to meet a friend…” Kyungsoo didn’t continue his words as paced to the bench, didn’t notice Eunji was following him already with curious eyes.

 

Just like what Kyungsoo expected, he found Yoongi with his hoodie on. The boy was in the middle of enjoying his cup ramen when he sensed he was being stared at. Looking up, even before he could say a word, Eunji already gasped and went to Yoongi’s side as she raised his hand. “YAH! What did you do?! How could you bruise your knuckles?! Did you fight?!”

 

Both Yoongi and Kyungsoo were surprised with this. Before Yoongi could take his hand away or Kyungsoo introduced Eunji to him, Eunji already checked her breath and took out her things; her notebooks, pencil case, pouch, tampon…, tampon? Eunji bashfully picked it up in a speed of light before the boys notice and take out her first aid kit. Thanks for befriending a-easy-to-get-hurt Yoo Youngjae, Eunji and Jiae would always bring first aid kit with them just in case.

 

“Give me your hand.” she said as she pulled Yoongi’s hand without permission. If only the situation was different, Eunji wouldn’t dare to do it. But again, Eunji was a nosy – even her nickname already gave a proof.

 

Kyungsoo smiled, couldn’t help because Yoongi looked dumbfounded but couldn’t control himself to whine as Eunji put some ointment oil on his bruise knuckles. “By the way Yoongi, this is our Class President—”

 

“—the 100th out of 100 right?” Yoongi finished for Kyungsoo and the girl purposely pressed her finger on his bruise. “OUCH! !” his cheeks reddened as he turned to see Eunji, “YAH!” he was about to yell at her when Kyungsoo shook his head in disagreement.

 

“Yah, you’re just two ranks away! You’re not that smart too!” Eunji defended for herself, “Look at this! You got small cut too,” she frowned as she cleaned the cut with a tissue before she plastered the bandage over it. She looked at it and then smiled ever so proudly, “There! It’s all good now!” both Yoongi and Kyungsoo almost wanted to pat her head to praise her. “Fighting is useless, seriously.”

 

Yoongi didn’t bother to say thanks, just watched the beige bandage as Eunji tidied her first aid kit on her backpack. She checked her wrist watch and realized she wasted time already, her mom might really kill her if she was being late for another second. “Oh! I should really go!”

 

Kyungsoo stopped her midway, “I come with you.” he said but he paused and turned to see Yoongi. “You…, stay. I need to talk to you.” he shifted his eyes over the bandage and Yoongi is not a fool understanding the meaning.

 

“Ah it’s okay, I can go by myself. You just…, you should accompany him. Yoongi might need you more.” Eunji glanced at the boy that now was trying to use his chopsticks with left hand. She harrumphed because his failed umpteenth trial before taking the fork beside his bowl and put it in front of his face. “Don’t force yourself too much, Min Yoongi.” she warned in annoyed tone. “I’ll get going then!” she was about to wave and leave when Kyungsoo caught her wrist and called a name.

 

“Yah, Kim Jisoo! Here!” Kyungsoo raised his hand and gestured to ask Jisoo coming closer. Eunji turned to see the one that Kyungsoo called was really Kim Jisoo from their class, not that beautiful model Kim Jisoo from another class. It’s the tall one with ball on his grip anytime, anywhere. It’s the boy that sat next to her in classroom.

 

His facial expression remained stoic when they approached them, although his raised brow gave a sign that he was curious. “Hmm why?” he asked tiredly – practicing might be hard, Eunji thought.

 

“You’re going to bus shelter, aren’t you?” Kyungsoo asked and he nodded mindlessly. “Bring Eunji with you. I need to take care of Yoongi for a moment,” Kyungsoo explained shortly and the taller one peeked over and smirked seeing the Football Captain.

 

“Fighting again, Captain?” Jisoo teased with a playful smile. “Ck, your team mates are really some jackass, aren’t they? They turn their Captain into a gangster or something…,”

 

Yoongi gritted his teeth, “Just mind your own business. It’s not like either of us have real talents so we’re chosen to be captains, it’s more likely because we’re good at fighting.”

 

“Well I can’t disagree to that…,” Jisoo nodded as he made a face, before he turned to see Eunji and smiled. “It’s getting late, should we go now Class President?”

 

Eunji scowled breathily, “It’s not Class President, it’s Jung Eunji…,” she corrected and Jisoo needed few seconds to understand what she meant. Before she marched away, she turned and pointed her finger on Yoongi. “Yah you.” she called and the boys raised their brows, amused because Eunji was such a fearless. “You feel grateful because what I did, don’t you?” Eunji didn’t even wait for his response and continued, “… Then buy me chocolate tomorrow okay? I don’t mind with any brands and flavors, but preferably milk chocolate or cookies and nut. I don’t hope much. Just the small bar will make me happy. Do you understand?” she raised her thumb boldly.

 

Jisoo broke into a smile and led the way with holding the ball without saying a word, walking ahead with Eunji obediently followed behind like a duckling.

 

Kyungsoo heaved a sigh as he turned to see Yoongi with a sharp glare. “You.” he prompted, as he took a seat beside him and put the papers away, not like he would care it they’re gone missing anyway. “Talk to me. I need to hear from the beginning until the end…,”

 

“It’s nothing.” Yoongi shrugged nonchalantly and Kyungsoo needed to reach for his papers, he folded it carefully and smacked it on the poor boy’s head. “Yah, I’m wounded!”

 

“Shut up with excuses! I’ve heard it too much.” Kyungsoo retorted harshly. “Now talk. Explain to me.” he gave a defiant stare before continued, “I don’t want to hear lies, so be honest.”

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

“Look at you, look at you, look at you…” Sohyun clicked her tongue and shook her head, her feet kicked Bomi’s thighs made her move and give some space for her, before Sohyun seated quietly on the bed with Bomi lying on it lifelessly. “You had your makeup on, your pretty dress too…, but you ended up crying and made me feel bad toward my friend. Ck, what a decent friend you are, Yoon Bomi.” Bomi covered her face with the stuffed animal and Sohyun sighed heavily. “Why did you agree on first place if you ended up not making it?” Sohyun was curious as she motioned to lay beside Bomi.

 

Bomi shrugged carelessly and Sohyun had to take away the stuffed animal and found her friend’s face was swollen with bloodshot eyes and ruined makeup. “I don’t know…, why did I agree? Why did I not come? Something is wrong with me.” Bomi fixated her eyes on Sohyun, “Yah Sohyun, what’s wrong with me? Why am I acting like this?”

 

Sohyun waited until Bomi calmed down. “You’re hopeless.” she remarked as she knocked her head softly. “You did that just to tease his temper, didn’t you?” she asked knowingly. “You wanted to test him, am I right? Yaaaah…, I told you thousand times already right? Do Kyungsoo doesn’t swing that way. He doesn’t fall for those traps, he’s being second for a reason seriously! You’re only hurting yourself…, no my friend is hurt too because of your stupid game.” she hissed.

 

“He didn’t even react.” Bomi whispered softly. “He just asked why I did that and then he left. He didn’t even say anything! He didn’t even stop me! Does he really like me or not? Yah Kwon Sohyun, does he like me or not?”

 

“Yah, I am not God. How could I tell?” she slapped her back before grabbed the pillow and laid her head on it. “Seriously, Yoon Bomi, why don’t you just leave him and find someone better? Ah! You remember my friend from Shilla High School, Park Jinyoung—”

 

“—I don’t think I will be able to go to another blind date.” Bomi replied breathlessly. “Yah Kwon Sohyun, what should I do? Even after he hurt me this much…, I still like him. Ough… This is bad, isn’t it?”

 

Sohyun didn’t bother to answer, she just rolled her eyes before she covered her face with the pillow. “You’re hopeless.” she repeated frustratingly.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Baekhyun always accompanied Chanyeol on dinner because the taller always had it alone. Park Chanyeol wouldn’t bother to ask – his pride is higher than Everest Mountain – but from the questions he popped out such as “Have you eaten?” or “You can eat at my house, I have plenty to please your continuous starve.” made Baekhyun understood, it’s been ages since they become best friends anyway.

 

Chanyeol is picky when it comes to food. He doesn’t eat fish, he’s allergic to eggs, and he couldn’t stand the smell of cucumber (just like Baekhyun) – so Baekhyun would take the waste on his plate, because it’s much better than Chanyeol throwing them away.

 

And as usual, the dinner would be quiet; Baekhyun with his food and Chanyeol with his food and a book that always come with him. But that night was different. Chanyeol didn’t bring any of his collections and just sat there waiting for Baekhyun to bring his dinner in. The latter cooked kimchi fried rice for two of them and Baekhyun put the plate in front of him with a frown, “Where’s your book?”

 

“I don’t bring it…,” Chanyeol replied absentmindedly that made Baekhyun’s frown got deeper. “What, what?” he asked rudely because Baekhyun’s stare was disturbing his state of mind.

 

“You don’t bring your book? Of all days…” Baekhyun made sure before he sat across him, nodding his head. “Maybe this is what people called as miracle…,” he motioned Chanyeol to eat as well as he took a spoonful of rice.

 

“Baekhyun…,” Chanyeol stilled and made Baekhyun blinked before he looked up. “I want to ask you something.”

 

“Um, what is it?” he asked, narrowing his eyes. Chanyeol hesitated so it made Baekhyun grew curious. “Yah seriously, what is it? You make me nervous dude.”

 

“Earlier…,” Chanyeol sighed. “I didn’t do anything wrong, did I? I was right, wasn’t I?” Chanyeol asked, hoping for a nice answer.

 

Baekhyun was quick to understand which part he asked about. Baekhyun let a small smile on his face, amused with the fact that Chanyeol could be anxious about small things like that before he breathed out heavily, “Do you want to hear answer from a friend or a stranger?”

 

“Both,” Chanyeol replied curtly.

 

“Okay,” Baekhyun nodded. “As your friend, I won’t say that you were wrong. It’s your rights to refuse helping her, your rights choosing how to turn her down. As a friend that already sees you behaving, I won’t even give a damn about it. But as a stranger, someone that never talk to you or know you…, I’ll say that you make a pretty bad impression. I’ll even call you a sick bastard.”

 

“Yah!” Chanyeol complained with a hiss. “But I did never help Kyungsoo before! He always took care of everything!” Chanyeol tried to defend himself. “I was telling the truth!”

 

“I know!” Baekhyun answered with a tone higher. “But that doesn’t mean you can rudely refuse anyone’s favor! And again…, she’s a girl for Christ’s sake! Do Kyungsoo is a man that capable handling things, but this girl…, she’s different. She asked you to help because maybe she really needed it. Not every girl in our school is stunned with your charms, Park Chanyeol. You really were rude.”

 

“I wasn’t.” Chanyeol made a forlorn expression and Baekhyun almost fell for it. But the shorter just closed his eyes and went back to eat. Chanyeol was never this bothered, he always ignored people and sometimes he would look down too…, but why wouldn’t her picture fade away from his mind? This is terrible. She made him feel bad, where Chanyeol shouldn’t feel it at all. “Then what should I do?” he asked and Baekhyun looked up from his plate.

 

“I don’t know…,” Baekhyun shrugged it off. “Bring her chocolate, talk about them tomorrow, or ask whether she needs help on something…” Baekhyun suggested. “You’re smarter than me, why would you bother asking?”

 

It took a moment before Chanyeol nodded. “Right, I’m being first for a reason, aren’t I? Why would I bother to ask you?”

 

Baekhyun made a face. “And the jackass Park Chanyeol is back.”

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Youngjae checked his wrist watch as he leaned on the school’s gate with a worried face. He clicked his tongue, wondering… Until he watched from afar with saddened eyes, before he shook his head and inched closer, reaching for her, he bended down a bit so the girl could embrace his shoulder with her arms. “Yah Jiae, you’re okay?” Youngjae felt bad because somehow he knew he was responsible for that. If only he didn’t ask Jiae to run because they were running out of time to the movies, if only he was being careful and reminded Jiae that the floor was kind of slippery… She wouldn’t fall and sprain her ankle. She didn’t have to walk limping like this. “I’m sorry. This is my fault.” Youngjae gently patted her head.

 

Jiae shook his head. “It’s not really your fault, I wasn’t being careful too…,” she smiled warmly to the boy and Youngjae couldn’t help but smiled back. “Am I heavy? I’m sorry I have to rely on you like this…,”

 

“No it’s fine!” Youngjae replied swiftly. “You can rely on me anytime you want, I’ll be there for you.” he smiled, proud with his answer while Jiae then rolled her eyes and slapped his face jokingly.

 

“You won’t get a girlfriend if you keep flirting like that…,” Jiae said absentmindedly, didn’t notice the change on Youngjae’s facial expression. “Yah, Eunji said that she finally talked to her crush!”

 

Youngjae rounded his eyes. “Her? Jung Eunji? Our Eunji?! Really?! Like seriously…, talking talking? Like what we do right now?” he was surprised. This was fast.

 

“UM!” Jiae nodded eagerly. “She called me last night and I couldn’t even hear a word because she was screaming all the times… She said she had hard times to maintain her poker face – which we both know how ugly she is when she does that – and she was cheering like crazy…, oh! Speaking of the devil…,”

 

Youngjae turned and saw Eunji was coming their way, wearing a bright smile that could beat the brightness of the morning sun. “Good morning!” she greeted cheerily and Youngjae nodded. Jiae was right; she was still happy about last night.

 

“So I heard from Jiae…,” Youngjae didn’t need to continue because his wiggling eyebrows already made her blush. “We need details! Details!”

 

Eunji laughed before nodded. “I’ll tell you later, after you both explain to me what happened until Jiae sprained her ankle. Yah Yoo Youngjae, how could you not take care of our precious Yoo Jiae?!” Eunji acted mad but she was just too happy so she couldn’t hold her smile.

 

“She’s seriously creepy when she’s like this.” Jiae agreed on Youngjae, before Jiae embraced both of her best friends’ shoulder for help. “I think we could be awarded as Very, Very Best Friends, don’t you think so Eunji?” he asked which responded with small cackle from Eunji and a smack on his back head from Jiae.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

They kept their chats light and fun until they reached 2-5. The class wasn’t really full but most of their classmates were already there. Eunji frowned when she realized Park Chanyeol was already there, sat quietly on his majestic seat and read his thick book as always. Jiae said she wanted to check Eunji’s homework (Yoo Jiae is Jung Eunji’s private assistant) so she involuntarily helped the girl went on her seat… until she saw something odd was on the table. Something that shouldn’t be there, not now in early morning actually. Her brows were put together in confusion as she realized it was a bar of chocolate, not her favorite brand nor flavors, but it’s still a chocolate bar – and chocolate is always delicious.

 

“Oh! You got a chocolate!” Jiae said, a little bit too loud for a whisper. Then it successfully turned all heads in classroom on Jung Eunji the Class President – some eyes were curious, some others weren’t even bothered. “It’s not Valentine’s Day yet…,” she trailed off, before she gazed at Youngjae and went to a realization.

 

“No way… A SECRET ADMIRER?!” They hollered together, enough to make the classmates wowed and started to clap for her. Even Eunji caught Sungjae whistled at her.

 

Eunji was too flustered, she didn’t notice a small smile was etched on a face for few seconds on between these boys; Do Kyungsoo that was busy talking to Junmyeon about organization’s issues, Kim Jisoo that listened to his earphones with eyes closed, Park Chanyeol that remained stoic on his seat reading his book, and Min Yoongi that slept with his head on his arms.

 


January 26th 2016

thank you for reading~~ ^^