Act 12: Broken Codes

School

Image result for chanyeol gif

MOOD: Insane — Ailee


 

Eunji raised both arms with a tired yawn and angled herself side to side. Yoochun might not ask many questions about the classmates today, but the activities were definitely wearing her out. She really was curious whether the mastermind of this Field Trip was inspired from variety shows; such as Running Man, Infinity Challenge.

 

“I’ll just sleep. No, I won’t even wash up. Just sleep and ignore Jiae’s nagging for today. My body is exhausted and I don’t need to look pretty for anyone anyway…,” she trailed off as she yawned again. “My goodness, I’m so tireddddddd~”

 

Eunji checked her watch and thinking that maybe the girls’ Truth or Dare already ended. Thank God, because it meant she didn’t have to spill or do anything stupid remembering the truth’s question would only around who do you like, who do you dislike, what would you do if he asks you out, basic things that only asked for their entertainment. And who knows, maybe tomorrow morning everyone already heard about your answer. Or Dare, where they could ask to do weird things just to be laughed at. Earlier when Eunji was in meeting with Yoochun, Jieun was intentionally, loudly singing Officially Missing You, Eunji’s guess it was for someone in their class, because she sang it in front of the 2-5’s boys room – no, Eunji chose not to play childish games like that.

 

But the noise and giggles were still there, Good Lord they are still up?! Eunji clicked her tongue and about to go in, but she halted as a certain person’s name was called.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

“So Chae Soobin,” Sohyun clapped her hands in super excitement manner as a wide grin appeared on her face. Soobin kept her resting- face on, but those who knew her well would notice that she actually was nervous. “There’s something that I really am curious about.” Sohyun was playing hard making the latter way more nervous intentionally. “From all boys in our class, which do you find attractive?” she dropped the bomb and all girls went oooohhhh and teasing cheers were loud – only Soojung and Sooyoung that had their smiles muffled (Soojung with sipping her hot tea while Sooyoung pretended to cough hard).

 

“Should I really answer this?” she seemed uneasy, but every question was supposed to be answered or else, she would be given an unfair Dare.

 

“Come on, it’s not that hard right?” Sohyun asked with her eyes blinked innocently. “It’s not like we ask you to say who you find likeable. It’s just…, who you find attractive. Like for myself, I’d vote for Chanyeol—what?” she glared back at some of them that looked at her unbelievably. “He’s tall, smart… and so hot when he does that crooked smirk, so why not?” Sohyun tried to reason out.

 

“I always think you’d be much better with Baekhyun actually,” Jiae piped with an amused chuckle. “His noise matches you and hey, he walked you home didn’t he?” Jiae commented and there’s something that made Sohyun’s cheeks blush – on which Bomi laughed heartily.

 

“LET’S JUST,” she raised her tone before sighed. “… it’s Soobin okay? This question is directed to Soobin. Not me. So Soobin, your answer is?”

 

“Jisoo?”

 

A step halted outside as they heard her answer. They were right there, standing in front of the door with their grip on the knob, but held back the intention to open it as they continued listening to Soobin’s pick.

 

“Kim Jisoo,” Soobin corrected calmly and heaved a sigh. “I do find him really attractive.”

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Eunji pulled her hand off the doorknob and couldn’t decide whether she had to stay there or leave until it ended. I’ll just come back later, Eunji made up her mind and turned her head, “OH YOU SCARED ME!” just to jump in surprise as she saw the lanky figure was glaring at her with his usual emotionless expression. “What are you—how long have you been standing there?!” she hissed in a hushed tone as she stepped closer to him.

 

“I had a call,” Chanyeol raised his cellphone and replied flatly. “Why don’t you go in?” he motioned her room with his chin.

 

“I, um…, I’ll just come back later. I need some fresh air.” Eunji smiled and rushed on leaving Chanyeol alone. The boy did nothing much aside from glancing the figure that just left.

 

Chanyeol placed his phone safely on the pocket and created a lopsided sad grin. “So it’s always been Kim Jisoo.” He muttered and gritted his teeth, “There’s never been a place for Park Chanyeol on the first place,” he sighed before walked off to his own room.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Two young male students watched the Class President’s back with two different kinds of stare; one with his heart went badump badump while the other sighing in relief because a moment after Park Seonsaengnim passed by. He did stop, just to ask both of them to return to their room immediately before another teacher found them. Kyungsoo nodded and made sure that they would return anytime soon.

 

But none of them decided to leave anyhow, the now dark-haired boy was immersed in his deep thoughts and his best friend was being kind, he just took a seat next to him and looked up at the sky with a deep, big sigh.

 

Kyungsoo didn’t say anything until Yoongi cleared his throat and whispered, “She said she liked my new hair color.” Kyungsoo glanced down and stared at the delinquent next to him, the one that Kyungsoo was willing to do anything just to make sure that his best friend was alright. “Do you think it’s enough for me to start getting closer to her?”

 

Kyungsoo just replied with a very light lopsided smile. He relaxed his back as he pressed two of his arms on the bench and spoke up, “You don’t need to force her into liking you . If it’s meant to be, it will be.”

 

Yoongi looked up at the dark sky and also did a sigh like what Kyungsoo did earlier. “Shouldn’t we get back now?”

 

Kyungsoo stretched out his lower lips and shook his head lightly. “Let’s just watch the sky for a moment. I think someone needs to cherish today’s moment for a while,” and received a punch on his arm from his best friend.

 

They grinned as they stared up at the dark sky.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

It was breakfast time when Eunji pretended like she heard nothing when the morning came. She finally went in to the room almost at one in the morning, after Kyungsoo asked her to return before teachers find her first. But she noticed Jiae changed a bit to her, from her gestures that always avoided Eunji to mention about the game last night – she even stepped on Youngjae’s shoes when the boy wondered who Jieun sang for last night. She just muffled her sad smile when Youngjae whined in pain and asked what mistake he committed that Jiae had to step on his brand new shoes.

 

“I told you I’m sorry! Why are you being so loud about it?! It’s not like the dirt would stay there forever you brat!” Jiae retorted with a louder tone, starting the unnecessary fight.

 

“But you intentionally stepped on my shoes!” Youngjae pouted childishly. “And it’s white! You know the dirt would leave a stain! What did I do anyway until you have to step on my brand new shoes?”

 

Jiae huffed and blew some air over her bangs and pressed her lips into a very thin line. “Fine!” She almost knelt but Youngjae caught her wrist before she did embarrass herself anytime further. “Take it off! I’ll clean it for you until it sparks like stars in the night!” Youngjae was surprised because Jiae was really seemed annoyed. “You have no idea why I had to step on those stupid shoes you slow-witted man!”

 

Eunji finally muttered, “Don’t feel bad for me Jiae,” to her best friend because now both best friends of hers were arguing; well Youngjae was simply persistent, sometimes too slow to catch things and Jiae was headstrong as always.

 

“What, why would you say that?” Youngjae furrowed his thick brows in confusion and sent Jiae a questioning, ordering glare while the smaller figure now went to the Class President and back-hugged her. “Yah, what are you two talking about? Let me know too!” He nagged like a baby once Jiae started whispering things to Eunji’s ear, just to comfort her hunched shoulders.

 

Jiae definitely ignored Youngjae as she dragged Eunji into the dining room where almost all students gathered there. They were lining up with Jisoo and Sungjae in front of them, towering the girls with their heights – they were commenting over last night’s event; Jieun sang in front of their room with light guesses from Sungjae upon the receiver – until the male realized Eunji and Jiae were there, along with Youngjae standing behind them like a pro bodyguard.

 

Then when Kyungsoo and Yoongi joined them, Eunji was already etching a wide smile and waved at them. Kyungsoo pressed his lips into a very thin line while Yoongi tried to look away and about to leave with stupid reason. They stood behind the trio and greeted good morning to them.

 

“So what will we doing today Kyungsoo?” Eunji asked with bright, curious eyes. “Will we have games or what? And what time is snack-time? I’m looking forward for the food. Can you hint me what is it? I would really appreciate it if you set vanilla ice cream.”

 

Kyungsoo grinned teasingly, “It’s not even a hint Eunji, you literally tell me what you wished for snack.”

 

“I’m just craving for it.” She shrugged and then she totally kept shut when Soobin and Sooyoung walked pass them without even saying hello, they took a seat on the center, near 2-3’s students and just sat there – Soobin was pressing her touch screen while Sooyoung looked around.

 

If then Eunji was so reckless about little things, it would be so much different when you found out the truth and couldn’t help to watch them; it didn’t miss from her eyes that Jisoo whispered something to Sungjae and then the boy nodded before left the queue to go to Sooyoung and asked for something, Eunji couldn’t read their mouths, then Sooyoung just walked to the line and stood in front of Jisoo out of sudden, Sungjae and Jisoo were standing behind her and went back for whatever their talk about.

 

She nibbled her lips when she realized that Sooyoung took two plates and filled them with food before took the plates to where she was seated before; one for herself while another one was for Soobin. Even though Soobin didn’t say anything to Sooyoung, not even a small thanks, her eyes were landed on Jisoo’s for a good couple of seconds before she started eating.

 

It got Eunji confused but also wondered; were they dating or what, were they even close or what, was there even a chance for her or what.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

It was free-time; each homeroom teacher were allowed to do anything they wanted with their respective classes and Yoochun thought it would be so fun for everyone (really it’s just his thoughts only) to make a game to bring everyone closer, but before he decided each team’s leader first – that’s when he realized his class got two towers, so he picked them.

 

“So Captains,” Yoochun’s tone was light and cheerful. “Do any of you have special person that you’d like to keep before we decide your members?” They both nodded; one of them already fell his gaze upon the person, while the other chose to remain motionless. “Great! Then who is it?”

 

“Jung Eunji.”

 

Baekhyun and Sungjae eyed each other before they heaved deep sighs. Becoming each other’s sidekick after their friendship ended made them understand what kind of thing Chanyeol and Jisoo had; their relationship, their goals, their hidden emotions.

 

Chae Soobin folded her arms against her chest with quiet telltale of disbelief, the past is about to take a repeat and now it wouldn’t be her anymore. You are replaceable, that one quote of Yoochun needlessly popped in her mind.

 

Chanyeol and Jisoo stared at each other again, now they finally understood their game and the reason after all years they were separated, they couldn’t manage to mend their friendship.

 

Eunji was torn between two of them, but the meaningful grin Youngjae gave to her – as if to tell that it’s finally her chance to be with her crush – so Eunji then decided to walk to Jisoo’s direction, gave him a polite smile and didn’t dare to look at Chanyeol.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Chanyeol’s Team consisted of Byun Baekhyun, Do Kyungsoo, Jung Soojung, Jung Haena, Lee Howon, Lee Hyunwoo, Lee Jieun, Min Yoongi, Park Chanyeol and Yoo Jiae.

 

Jisoo’s Team consisted of Chae Soobin, Jung Eunji, Kim Jisoo, Kim Myungsoo, Kwon Sohyun, Park Sooyoung, Yoo Youngjae, Yook Sungjae, and Yoon Bomi.

 

The rule was easy – it was inspired of one of Running Man’s episodes where 2PM and Baek Jinhee were guests on the show; they’d after one of rival members’ left shoe and attacked them no matter what to get it. But because there’s no mud pool, so they’d play it on the ground. Yoochun has warned that no one could get hurt and everyone agreed.

 

Bomi and Kyungsoo were sent from each team to play paper, rock, scissor to decide who played defend or offense, and they were grinning ear to ear that got everyone sick. “Stop with those looks and play! Ugh, so disgusting.” Baekhyun shook his head because they were giggling and flirting with their eyes.

 

“You’re just jealous Baek,” Sungjae mocked him with a teasing grin.

 

“Just take care of your girlfriend there young man,” he pointed at Sooyoung. “We’d hunt her shoe down.”

 

Turned out that Kyungsoo’s team would play offense so it’s natural that Jisoo’s team would be on defend. Chanyeol’s team circled to decide who to attack first and they planned for Jisoo because he’s the leader and it would scare the members if they got his shoe, but Chanyeol had different opinion and said it almost flatly, “Soobin.”

 

Soojung, Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun looked up when he mentioned that name. “What?” Soojung tried to make sure.

 

“Aim for her shoe and do everything to get it.” He didn’t care for the looks he earned even Baekhyun’s look to protest, even Soojung that paled was also ignored. “Do whatever it takes to attack her, we have to win.”

 

While the others nodded in agreement – because they simply knew nothing – the three others were looking at Chanyeol in wonder; what and why he planned this.

 

“Okay, is everyone ready?” Yoochun had a whistle on his hold and grinned because his students were so cheerful to start to play. “Let the game… BEGIN!”

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Kyungsoo, Soojung, Chanyeol were waiting as Soobin was being treated by teacher. Jisoo didn’t say a word but it was obvious that he was upset about it. He chose to keep it down because he didn’t need anyone to know about it, they weren’t supposed to be friends anymore after all.

 

Chanyeol’s team attacked Soobin just like what it planned and of course the rival team didn’t see it coming since they one hundred percent sure they would attack Jisoo first. Just like American Football, the battle couldn’t be avoided as every member of Chanyeol’s team aimed for Soobin’s shoe – except Soojung, Kyungsoo, and Baekhyun that were unwillingly played along. They got the shoe, but also got Soobin bruised and had to be taken to infirmary.

 

The teacher said Soobin was already treated and she let her rest, the students politely bowed and thanked her before they went to see how Soobin’s condition was.

 

She was bruised; on her hands, on her feet, and also scraped her cheek a little. Jisoo hardened his jaw as he saw her condition and couldn’t help to look at Chanyeol and said, “You’re not being fair Chanyeol.” He his lips. “You knew I’d pick her and you decided to attack her first. Seriously Park, it’s not fair for her. You made people do the dirty works with your hatred.”

 

“You’re right, it’s not fair,” Chanyeol glared at Soobin instead sparing Jisoo a look. “But she deserves it. Don’t you think so Chae Soobin? You deserve all those bruises, that’s why you don’t even ask me to apologize to you. Because we both – we three – know that actually you’re supposed to earn worse than what I did to you today.”

 

“Yah Park Chanyeol.” Jisoo shouted at him, forgetting the formalities and temper, ignoring that actually there was others in the room, confused and perplexed with the weird, unexplainable aura with three of them. “Can’t you get over with it already?”

 

Chanyeol shook his head. “An eye for an eye.” He quoted a line from the bible and also a saying that some people believed in. “You should be thankful that I didn’t get you killed, just like what you did—”

 

He was cut off with Eunji gasping as she walked in the room and screamed, “I got Soobin’s shoe!”

 

Chanyeol glared at Eunji before he dragged her out, along with Soobin’s shoe and pushed her that almost made her stumble. “What are you doing?”

 

Eunji blinked confusedly, was it a tricky question. “Picking up Soobin’s shoe?” she tried her luck.

 

“Right, that. Who the hell asked you to pick up her shoe? Were you her slave or something? Did she even ask you to do so? No! She didn’t.” Chanyeol hissed in frustration. “Just don’t be so nice, Nosy. It won’t bring you anywhere. This,” he pointed at Soobin’s shoe. “Just drop it here.” Soobin’s shoe was forcefully thrown on ground by Chanyeol. “Stop being so nice and just go shower, you stink.” He ended the conversation Eunji never agreed to engage and turned around and went back in to the room, leaving Eunji with a jaw dropped in disbelief.

 

She stomped her feet and decided not to pick up something that Chanyeol already threw as she harrumphed. She was so annoyed, so irked that she wanted to kick his balls. Who did he think he was? And why would she listen to him?

 

Just then, she was greeted by Baekhyun. Before he went away, Eunji caught his wrist and brought him to somewhere silent and empty. It’s been a question why Baekhyun wanted to be around Chanyeol with such horrible temper and never-ending anger in his heart.

 

“Be honest with me Byun Baekhyun,” Eunji narrowed her eyes as she inched closer to the paler boy. He looked rather confused but half amused with the audacity of inching closer when people might get wrong picture of what they would do. “Why do you befriend that Tower?”

 

It took a moment for Baekhyun to understand who she hinted, before he snorted and let out a friendly grin. “Why, is it really weird of me friending someone like him?”

 

“Yeah!” she nodded furiously and it entertained Baekhyun more. “I mean, look at you, look at him! You both are like heaven and hell! Seriously…, you and your charming smiles, easy-going vibe that everyone likes…. and him with his ugly unpleased expression, frowning all times like everything in his life are difficult.”

 

“You just have to spend five hours with him Eunji,” Baekhyun cleared his throat. “He’s just like an onion you know, it might make you cry and hate peeling it…, but actually it’s really beautiful once you notice the details—although well, you might need a microscope to see.” Baekhyun shrugged, “But I think you understand my rambling. Chanyeol is really a nice kid, you just haven’t met him yet.”

 

“Were you brainwashed?” Eunji still sounded so bitter. “He’s not…, he won’t be, a nice kid. Do you know what happened just now? He was so mad at me just because I picked up Soobin’s shoe! And I don’t even know why he’s so angry about it!”

 

“You suppose to feel flattered though.” Baekhyun giggled excitingly.

 

“And why is that?” Eunji raised her brow.

 

“Because the Park Chanyeol I know won’t spare any minute for something he considers bothersome. People like you were bothersome for him…, but look at what he did with you these all times. You’re bothersome but he still notices you.”

 

Bothersome?” Eunji squinted in irritation. She didn’t seem to hear any of Baekhyun’s word and picked the one word that she found irritating. “He thinks of me as bothersome?”

 

“Eunji, that’s all you got from that?” Baekhyun said confusedly.

 

“Oh that tower!” Eunji balled her fingers. “He should be lucky because he’s so tall and smart, because if he wasn’t any of them I’d be happily strangle him and make sure he chokes! That boy, how dare he consider me as bothersome! I’m not bothersome! I’m just very nosy and curious on people’s business! I even never, like at all, disturb him without his consent—” Eunji stopped rambling because then came a sudden appearance.

 

“—what are you talking about?” The Vice popped in suddenly, all majestic with his tall figure and emotionless expression. He raised a brow questioningly and his gaze was directed to the smaller figure that now only an inch away from him.

 

The female hurriedly stepped away and pressed her index finger on her lips, gesturing to Baekhyun not to tell anyone. She just left when Baekhyun confirmed with a playful grin and nodded lightly at her, the girl didn’t glance up at the male and just bolted in speed of light.

 

Baekhyun turned to see his best friend and gave him a very teasing lopsided smile, as if he knew already what Chanyeol was going to ask. “Don’t look at me like that. I might spill everything.” Baekhyun singsongs with a light teasing tone.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

It was purely coincidence that Kyungsoo ran into Bomi at the hallway, where Kyungsoo about to go to teacher’s longue to hand them a revised schedule and Bomi was just getting out of her room and about to hang the towel after shower. They both just looked at each other, thinking whether they should ignore each other’s presence or act like nothing happened or smile lovingly.

 

They picked the second seemingly, since Kyungsoo greeted her calmly with a “You look fresh,” with a smile.

 

“Thank you,” she couldn’t hide the blush because she was bare-faced and Kyungsoo could see the small pimple below her lower lip. “Where are you heading?” she asked.

 

“Oh, I’m heading to teacher’s longue. Need to give them revised version,” he raised the papers and grinned. “Is your room fine? Did you sleep well?”

 

“It’s fine and we all have fun really, we played Truth and Dare last night. We just got four hours sleep but it’s worth it – we know some big secrets.” She chuckled as she told Kyungsoo, she seemed happy.

 

“Oh like what?” Kyungsoo wondered with his brow raised questioningly.

 

“Like…, who Soobin found attractive.” She said in hushed tone. “Or to whom Jieun sang last night.” She tried to think about last night, and as if she was intentional, she dropped it, “Or who I actually wanted to date.”

 

Kyungsoo tried to maintain his calm behavior when he asked, “And who was your answer?”

 

“Well…,” Bomi already locked her gaze with his. “Can’t you tell?”

 

Kyungsoo wanted to act like he didn’t know about it, like he didn’t even understand the look currently Bomi gave to him, like he didn’t figure that she was hinting that it was him. So Kyungsoo just replied with, “Sadly I can Bomi.”

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

The knocks got Yoongi pissed because whoever outside the door disturbed his sleep and whoever it is it couldn’t be a male student from his class because his male classmates wouldn’t be bothered to knock.

 

So of course, it got him widening his eyes when he found Jung Eunji was standing in front of him, fist raised to knock some more, before she broke into a very wide grin. “Hello!” she greeted cheerfully. And before even Yoongi asked what she was doing here, she already looked back and forth to make sure no one around before she stepped closer to him. “Yoongi, do you have snacks?”

 

“What?” he was confused but then he understood her looks. “We just ate dessert and you’re still hungry?”

 

“Can’t help it, I’m still growing.” Eunji pouted and she gave Yoongi a cheerful smile when Yoongi said he might have some. “I’ll just eat here, so no one will ask for it.” She looked around the male’s room and hissed in disgust. Briefs were everywhere and it was just very messy. “Who sleeps here?” she asked, pointing a bed on the very left that was left neat and tidy.


“Kyungsoo and Chanyeol.” Yoongi rummaged his bag to find his snacks. Eunji then chose to sit there. “They prefer to share bed than to sleep with massive messes like nine of us. And we’re okay with it, more spaces for us anyway.” He took a big-sized Cheetos and handed it to her. “That’s all I got. Don’t tell Kyungsoo okay, he would be furious if he knows I bring this and not give him.”

 

“You’re just so nice.” Eunji thanked him and unwrapped it, sitting on the Kyungsoo-Chanyeol’s shared bed and started to chew. She didn’t notice how genuine Yoongi grinned at her. But it was all disappeared when the bathroom door open and showed Junmyeon with training pants only and towel hung around his shoulder.

 

He widened his eyes and so did Eunji – but she had short time to admire the abs Junmyeon owned before the boy started to scream, “Yah Jung Eunji, this is male room! What are you doing here?!”

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

“Ah, what is Your Highness thinking about?”

 

Chanyeol turned his head and saw his puppy was stepping closer with both hands placed on his back. Chanyeol let out a knowing smile and the shorter smiled back at him. Without saying anything – as if it’s already natural, Baekhyun took a seat next to Park Chanyeol and looked up at the dark sky. Again, without a word, he placed his hands on lap, showing Chanyeol what he’s been hiding; two cans of grape-flavored Fanta and handed one for him.

 

“How do you…,” he didn’t need to finish his words as he saw Baekhyun’s eyes already sparkled with acknowledgement.

 

“Yah, people don’t call me your personal slave for nothing you know. Of course I would bring these, I know you’ll need sugar to take care of those—how do you call them again, ah such a nuisance.” Baekhyun said teasingly, just to play with his unreadable temper.

 

“So what did you talk about with Eunji?” Chanyeol couldn’t help but wanting to know. She wanted to know what she thought about him after he was being a beast on the game earlier.

 

“I can’t tell you, bro code.” Baekhyun grinned teasingly and Chanyeol seemed way more pissed than ever. He wanted to tell but then he already promised Eunji that he wouldn’t. Oh the dilemma.

 

“Why did you become my friend?” Chanyeol suddenly spoke out a question that might be bothering him for quite awhile. Byun Baekhyun never faltered from his side ever since the incident four years ago – he was even the only person that could get him out after almost two weeks crying with hugging his knees, he was the only person that could crack his layers and wasn’t surprised, not even a bit when Chanyeol showed him all his demons, he was the only person willing to listen his nagging, understanding his picky nature. It was sufficient with a mere glance and Baekhyun could figure out what Chanyeol wanted.

 

“Seriously, just because I can’t tell you what we talked about, so you asked me why I become your friend?” Baekhyun earned a deadly glare that got his mouth shut. “Sorry…,” he shrugged and then he looked at an object around them, but it’s as if he looked even farther. “Do you still remember how I tried to lure you out?” Baekhyun suddenly asked.

 

“Well of course,” Chanyeol smirked. “You used those childish plots and treat me like those kids in orphanage you volunteered at. Ice creams, chocolate bars, bedtime stories, and—”

 

“—right, your noona’s letter.” Baekhyun nodded knowingly. “If you still think I stay with you because it was Yura noona’s final request, then you are wrong… because I really wanted to be your friend. Yura noona knew I’ve been wanted to become your friend but I couldn’t because you just worship them two so much. So please dude, stop forcing me to read your mind— it’s hard okay? If there’s anything you’d like me to hear…, I’ll always be the first person willing to hear.”

 

Chanyeol eyed his best friend and recalled the day where he was broken to pieces, he remembered Byun Baekhyun was the only person there for him – he brought him food from home, he tried to get closer to him, he acted like a brother, a father, and also a best friend. When there were people that were intimidated with him, Byun Baekhyun wasn’t any of them; he slapped his head on the day he finally surrendered to get out of his cave with swollen eyes and trembling figure.

 

“Who do you think Jieun sang for anyway?” Baekhyun changed the topic right away, enlightening the mood right back.

 

“Right…, she even sang in front of our room. Whoever he is, damn he’s lucky.” Chanyeol sipped his Fanta thoughtfully.

 

“You too,” Baekhyun said as he gazed at his best friend. “You’re so damn lucky, yet you are so dumb.”

 

Chanyeol didn’t answer to that, just sipped his soft drink and grinned because it just tasted so good.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Night came and everyone was gathered in the common room to have a little get-together and to have fun. It’s been settled that each class would give performance and 2-5 decided on Freestyle Dancing because they got Howon in their class.

 

Howon firstly seemed hesitated and people wondered when Hyunwoo blurted that Howon wasn’t ready for freestyling, even for dancing. Howon sent signals so he would keep his mouth shut but Hyunwoo thought it’s the best for their classmates knew the truth before they forced him to do something impossible. “He can’t dance anymore.”

 

“What, but how?” Myungsoo widened his eyes. “But he danced for Big Bang’s ticket!”

 

“Right, and we all remembered how wild he was dancing to win prizes for this brat over here.” Sungjae motioned at Sohyun with his chin and the girl just fisted her knuckles at him.

 

“How do you know about this anyway?” Jieun asked wonderingly.

 

Howon chose to remain silent and it was a cue for Hyunwoo to reply for him. “Howon suffers hip injury and it happened to be my father that treats Howon. If he forces to keep dancing, he might be not able to dance anymore. He has to give it a break so that he could fully recover.”

 

“Is it true?” Kyungsoo asked Howon to make sure. “But aren’t you in school dance team and you’re about to compete in few days more—”

 

“He quitted.” It was Hyunwoo again, “I heard from Sehun that he was forced to quit the team because some of the members found it unsupportive while everyone expects them to win like last year.”

 

They were looking at each other and then they gave Howon some looks, they were confused. They couldn’t change their performance and it was their fault too for telling that they’d go with dancing without even asking Howon first.

 

It seemed Howon got their confusion to find a solution so he then said apologetically, “But I can try. Three minutes freestyling won’t take too much, I can manage—” but Howon was brutally cut off by their VP.

 

“—no Howon, Baekhyun will replace you.” Chanyeol said without even looking at his best friend and now Baekhyun was dumbfounded. “Baekhyun will do it on your behalf, along with Sungjae, Sohyun too, oh add Youngjae in the list as well. They will nail it.”

 

“I’m sorry Mister Vice President, but I don’t think I ever signed up—” Baekhyun trailed off as soon as he received the glare. “Fine, I’ll do it. Just give me I Got A Boy and I’ll make everyone turn wild~~!” No one even asked, but Baekhyun was already giving his best impersonation of Girls’ Generation’s I Got A Boy with his suave moves that got everyone in 2-5, including Park Yoochun shake his head in awe.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Other classes did amazing performances, until 2-5 called and the persons that Chanyeol personally picked stepped forward. Some of them furrowed their brows because they expected Howon would be there, with his y persona and ready to swoon the girls’ hearts in the common room.

 

So it confused everyone in the room when instead of performing a freestyle dance as 2-5 has committed before, they did a full dance cover of Girls’ Generation’s Genie. Other classes watched them in silence, while the 2-5 students cheered loudly, and thank goodness Chanyeol picked the thick-faced ones, so they actually gave no s when people started to booo and ignored them.

 

As their song finished and about to sit, Moon Jongup; a school dance team member and 2-4’s student stood up and gave a mocking smirk at 2-5 students. “That’s what you called freestyle dance?” When no one in 2-5 interested to answer, he continued, “Why won’t Howon stand up and show everyone what freestyle dance is? Why you give us a dance cover? What, does Howon think highly of himself that he won’t dance for people like us?”

 

Howon was about to stand up but Kyungsoo beat him to it and glared at him, but then he smiled, very politely that it sent chills to anyone that knew him very well. “We’re sorry for not giving everyone what we already wrote down but we can assure you Howon didn’t do it for a very reasonable reason,”

 

“Well, like what?” Jongup challenged, it’s as if he wanted one of 2-5 students or maybe Howon himself told everyone the truth, it’s as if Moon Jongup didn’t know what happened, and it was very sickening to see.

 

“Kyungsoo, sit.” There came a venomous, low voice that got Kyungsoo turned his head to see that Chanyeol was already giving a very bored expression as he stared at Jongup. “You’re just alike to someone I knew in the past.” Chanyeol started and it made Soobin unconsciously stiffened, “Very nosy and good at pretending, playing victim.”

 

“What?” Jongup was offended.

 

“You heard me.” Chanyeol replied, refused to repeat. “Howon was forced to quit school dance team because he suffers hip injury.” It got everyone surprised, while the team members such as Sehun, Jongin, and Dongwoo looked down on their shoes. “And it’s funny that you really want everyone to know what happened to him with intentionally act out like an . Why is that? You don’t like the attention Howon gets because he’s better than you? Or you want everyone to know that Howon is no longer your team member? Or what…, do you want to tell everyone that you’re nothing but a little er that is so bratty and nosy, thinking it’s cool to reveal to people here?”

 

Jongup was tongue-tied and paled, the rumors were right; never get Chanyeol on his nerves.

 

“I don’t know – I don’t even ing care – about what problems you have with Howon, but your act dude, is very lame. It’s transparent and even a stupid er like your friend over there – what’s your name again, Sehun? Well, even Sehun could already tell how ashamed he is with your act because he’s been looking at his Nike Air instead at you. You’re so awfully pathetic dude. You don’t have any consciousness about people around you.”

 

When Chanyeol thought it was over, he didn’t see it coming from Jongup. “Well yeah, but at least I don’t have a drug-addict sister.”

 

That got everyone in common room widened their eyes and Chanyeol stood frozen, the memories that he’s been trying to forget were coming back, overwhelmingly, and the picture of Yura’s smile flashed in his mind, and so did his father’s slap, and so other unneeded, hurtful memories.

 

As Chanyeol turned to see the people in the room, he scanned them fast to realize that they were separated into two groups; they who looked surprised and then got disgusted, they who knew about it and looked at him in pity. And Park Chanyeol hated it, he hated when people knew his weakness and thought about it – he didn’t want them to think about Park Yura in such negative ways, as if Yura was never been a good-hearted person.

 

Chanyeol sent Jongup a very deathful glare before he stepped closer to him, while the latter slowly stepped back in afraid. When Park Chanyeol gave anyone a bare glare, then the person should be worried about it. “ you,” he whispered out in possibly the most venomous tone people ever heard, his eyes cut into Jongup, voice turned biting. “ you, Moon Jongup.”

 

People wouldn’t be noticed it coming but Chanyeol punched him square in the face. It got Jongup stumbling back, barking out uncensored profanities as Chanyeol walked away, burning in anger.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

“Chanyeol! Yah Park Chanyeol! Park Chanyeol, wait up!”

 

Chanyeol ignored every word she said and cursed inside of why on earth the Class President should be so nosy and ran after him like this. He just walked even faster and he could feel that the female slowly short of breath but keeping up to him. When she finally reached him, she caught his lower arm thinking that it might make the male stop and turn his head to her.

 

But he didn’t, instead he yanked his arm away with small force, of course he didn’t know that even a small force could make her lose her balance and then the next thing happened, she was lying on the ground with face downward.

 

“Ouch,” she hissed in pain before gingerly tried to sit on the ground and checked whether she got cut, but before she even did it, Chanyeol was already taking her arm as he noticed was a small bleeding cut on her elbow.

 

Eunji glanced up at him and he tightened his jaw, his lips were pressed. She knew that he felt bad for what he did, but it justified when he was feeling very down and angry – he needed a release and Eunji happened to be there. He looked at her in worry, squatting down and checking the scrape on her elbow. Chanyeol didn’t even say sorry, but from what the expression he got right now, Eunji knew he was feeling it.

 

“You said before that your sister was pretty,” Eunji started and Chanyeol paused to look at her. “I believe she wasn’t like you; grumpy and mean.” Chanyeol rolled his eyes in displeasure. “Did she look like you?”

 

“Except the ears,” Chanyeol replied quietly and mumbled that Eunji had to sanitize first before it got worse. “Come on, can you stand up? We should get the first aid kit to fix your cut.”

 

But Eunji was still sitting there, on the ground and remained gluing her eyes at his. There wasn’t pity or disgust look in her eyes, just simply a pure innocent look that was amused with his motionless demeanor. “Just so you know, I think you’re actually a very nice person. And just like Yoongi that hides behind his bad boy façade, you think that it’s better to act like you don’t give a damn for people; because it hurts you less.” Eunji let out a small smile at him. “You have good friends Chanyeol, Baekhyun cares for you so much and Kyungsoo seems to understand your situation as well. I don’t know why you’re so bitter towards Jisoo, but I think it’s because you don’t want people to care.”

 

“You have us.” Eunji said confidently. “If you hated my guts for being so nosy in everything, then just go to someone else that you think is willing to listen. You’re already having so many burdens on your shoulders Chanyeol, don’t let another burden to break you down. Lean on us, lean on me.” Eunji tapped her shoulder with a cheeky grin. “I’m always willing to meddle with people’s business; it’s a passion I guess,” she shrugged off nonchalantly and it almost, almost got Chanyeol to smile and sneer at her.

 

They were disturbed with their classmates walking toward direction – with Park Yoochun leading on the front, walked directly to their direction and they stopped only just few steps away from Chanyeol and Eunji. Instinctively, Jiae ran to her best friend and asked what happened that she was sitting on ground with scraped elbow and Chanyeol standing majestically towering her.

 

He glanced and found Baekhyun was looking at him with worried eyes, Kyungsoo tried to smile but failed, Howon grinned thankfully at him, and it also didn’t miss from his eyes how Jisoo was looking at him as if he was telling that he’d be there for him whenever he was needed. Yoochun too was there, giving Chanyeol a very encouraging smile – there’s no judging in their eyes, even Soobin chose to look down on her feet because just like to him, she too was affected much with those memories.

 

Yoochun walked to him and tapped his back minutely. “We got you.” Yoochun said with kind smile, “No matter what people said about you, we got you. We’re a team remember?”

 

He looked down at the female that was being treated by Jiae and Soojung and also Haena, she looked so dumb because Mother Jiae was preaching about her nosiness only would get her nowhere – Chanyeol silently said amen for that.

 

But Jung Eunji was right about one thing; he maybe could lean on them.

 


January 14th 2017.

I've been missing from this for three months and then I realized you all deserve to read more about them.

I'm planning to graduate this April, so wish me luck okay? (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ I promise to write more after I'm done with my final papers~~

 

hehe, have a good day ahead and happy reading good people! I'll see you super soon! ♥