Act 13: Personal Spaces

School

source.gif

MOOD: My Time with You — Vanilla Acoustic


 

Park Yoochun gathered his students for campfire and told them to skip the rest of night in common room because he knew it wouldn’t do any good for any of his students, especially Chanyeol and Howon. School President gave him a worried look but Yoochun smiled gently at him, as if to make sure that nothing would happen, that everything would be just fine.

 

So here they were, sitting on the ground with campfire on the very middle of their circle, dumbfounded and not knowing of what to do. Yoochun already asked for them to wear their coats and for some who didn’t bring any, was lent blanket to cover their bodies from getting cold. In this case, Yoochun didn’t need to tell because some of his precious students started to use this chance to protect their beloveds as their guardian angels.

 

Sungjae nagged to Junmyeon about why he brought such thin sweater when it was freezing cold. The calmer replied that it’s summer anyway so it didn’t really matter but Sungjae kept bugging him by telling that if he’s gotten sick, Sungjae would be the first person to worry about him.

 

Hyunwoo made sure Howon got everything he needed; he even kindly took a drink bottle to give to Howon so the boy didn’t miss to drink his medicine, he also bothered to bring along blanket to cover his body since Howon was one of the classmates that didn’t bring any.

 

Jieun that never spoke to Haena before, now they were standing next to each other awkwardly and wondered whether Haena could sit on the ground with her expensive training pants while Haena tried hard to compliment Jieun for her singing last night. They both were funnily awkward and it was somehow a nice view to see.

 

Jiae was with Soojung as they looked at the dark sky and wondered why there were no stars, Soojung told her something and the other nodded at every word she said and then she frowned before whispered out something to Soojung that Soojung gave a worried smile at her.

 

Kyungsoo squinted when he noticed that Yoongi was talking with Bomi after made sure that she got everything she needed, he took steps closer to them and as if Yoongi was already aware, he grinned cheerfully at him. “Hi Kyungsoo, still worry about skipping a schedule?” his tone was saccharinely sweet that caused Kyungsoo to hiss. He waited for Yoongi to wave at Bomi before they watched her walking off to Sohyun before Kyungsoo glared at the poor prey, “What? What did I do?” Yoongi asked innocently, like a puppy. With his new hair color, he looked way harmless than before.

 

“You’re her guardian angel, aren’t you?” Kyungsoo let out each word with tone that filled with jealousy, it was crystal clear and Yoongi almost, almost let out an amused grin.

 

“Even better, she’s my guardian angel as well!” Yoongi winked and chuckled when Kyungsoo gaped dreadfully. “So we’re like…, going to take care for each other! Whoa, this is such a happy day!” Yoongi’s eyes sparkling in mischief before tapped Kyungsoo’s shoulder and walked off.

 

Kyungsoo was left alone with his labored breath and a hit of realization. “Just look at what I’m capable of doing Min Yoongi. I’ll make you know how bad blood tastes like…” Then his eyes fell upon the golden ticket that now trailing the Tower and asked too many questions that could make him burst like a volcano.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

The students were sitting in silence, just let out some whispers as they talked to their friends, they who weren’t talking just looked around their surroundings; such as Soobin, Chanyeol. Kyungsoo was biting his nail and Yoochun shook his head when they locked gaze and said that everything was going to be okay since he would take the responsibility personally.

 

“So I saw some of you were starting to get to know your targets,” Yoochun smiled. “Whether you realize it or not, you slowly start to be curious about your friends and you also want to open up with them. It’s good and I’m so happy about it.” His smile was honest and the class clapped for this progress.

 

“But we won’t be here if you’re not planning something else, will you Saem?” Sungjae blurted out and Yoochun flicked his fingers in agreement.

 

“Of course, I like it that you start to have same wavelength as me Sungjae.” Sungjae made some proud expressions that forced Jisoo to kick his shin so he would stop. He took out a 30cm ruler of his coat and also his phone before gave out his rule. “We’ll play questions and here the rules are; I’ll play random music and you will hand the ruler to the person next you until the song randomly stopped. Whoever holds the ruler is allowed to ask questions to anyone they want. For example, Jieun holds the ruler…, so she could ask….” His eyes wandered until it stopped to certain someone, “To Junmyeon for example, and Junmyeon has to answer no matter what.”

 

Sohyun already raised her hand. “Is the question limited to one person only?” she got oohhh from everyone and even Sungjae for the possibility of asking questions to anyone she liked. “Shut up before I make you Sungjae!” Sohyun threatened the poor boy.

 

“Well, it’s the prerogative of the ruler. You can ask anyone but you have to make sure that your questions won’t offend anyone. This is just to get to know your friends alright, not to dig some information that you’d make fun of later.” His tone was stern on his last sentence and everyone nodded understandingly. “So, shall we start?”

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Haena was the first ruler.

 

She looked around and was very confused to pick because she barely knew anyone except Eunji, Soojung, Jiae and Youngjae since she spent more times with them. But she wanted to know everyone too, so then he picked the loudest classmate that already smiled at her even before she asked the question. “Byun Baekhyun.” She gulped as Baekhyun was patiently waiting. “Please tell me why you are very close to Chanyeol, as if you were his right-hand or something.”

 

Baekhyun seemed to know that this question would be given to him anyway, since he personally asked the same also by his Class President. Baekhyun fixed his position while Chanyeol remained expressionless. “Great question to ask Haena! But before, can you let me squeal because a super model notices me—no okay, just to bring up the mood people. Um, one person told me that Chanyeol and I are alike to heaven and hell—well of course I’m the heaven and he’s the hell. I mean come on look at him and look at me! I can’t disagree with that, but to be honest, it was me that wanted to be his friend. Chanyeol’s sister used to live across mine and he visited often that I started to get curious and wanted to know him better—in friendly way, I don’t swing that way okay everyone? But that time, Chanyeol already have some dear friends,” Soobin and Jisoo looked away automatically as they felt Baekhyun glared at them. “So I think he doesn’t need any friend. His sister tried to help me out but Chanyeol was too occupied with his friends, so he didn’t bother to want me as his new one.”

 

“Until….” Baekhyun let out a sad smile. “Something happened at home and this big man decided that it’s okay to freak everyone out with locking himself up for two weeks, and it was me that could bring him out.” He let out a proud smile. “And since then, ChanBaek—it stands for Chanyeol-Baekhyun, get it?—lives happily ever after.” Baekhyun even stood up and acted as if he was satisfied with everyone’s blank faces.

 

“And here I am thinking that Baekhyun may swing that way,” Sungjae tried to make everyone get out of the weird atmosphere because his best friend was stiffened on his position. When everyone burst into chuckles and Baekhyun cursed, he didn’t miss Baekhyun gave a knowing nod at him – they’ve been sidekicks since forever anyway.

 

Haena still wanted to ask a question, but now her direction has turned. He eyed the now-dark-haired boy and questioned, “How did you feel about getting in a scandal with me?” She’s been curious but too proud to ask in person.

 

Yoongi was taken aback for a moment before he smiled. “It’s awesome I guess…, even though they didn’t succeed to get my picture thoroughly and judged by the hair color only, I still feel proud. I’m in a scandal with a celebrity, I’m on news.”

 

Haena saw the smile, eye-smile he gave to her and she couldn’t help not to smile back at him.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Sohyun was the second ruler.

 

Everyone did some teasing noises as now Sohyun started to look around at her classmates, even Baekhyun and Sungjae teamed up to that whoever she asked, there was a chance of her liking them. And it seemed to be true since she landed her eyes on Chanyeol, the boy was just looking amusedly at how excited Baekhyun teased Sohyun. “Park Chanyeol,” she said and Chanyeol turned his head to lock his gaze with hers. He waited for the question with no signs of anxiety or worried, as if he was ready for any question she would throw. “What is your ideal type?”

 

Baekhyun was the first person to stand up and clap his hands furiously in excitement. He burst in laughter that no one couldn’t understand before he went back to sit and tap Chanyeol’s shoulder encouragingly. “Good luck mate, I’m rooting for you!” the puppy even winked and pressed his lips to muffle his laughter.

 

Chanyeol sighed, “What if I find this question offensive? I don’t need to answer it, do I Saem?” he turned to Yoochun for help, he really wasn’t in the mood to answer questions such as this.

 

But Yoochun shrugged, somehow he also wanted to hear the First of Hundred spoke up, he’s been too quiet and too calm, so he was curious about him as well. And Sohyun’s question could be a good start. “No, answer that question Chanyeol.”

 

Chanyeol harrumphed but cursing at a teacher wasn’t a good option, so he let out a deep sigh before gazed at the campfire. “Someone that is not nosy,” he started and someone in the circle found this answer irking their temper. Chanyeol then took a moment to think seriously about what his ideal type was.

 

Chae Soobin has always been his favorite in the past, with her elegance and her cleverness, with her wisdom and her polite answers, with her soothing smile and cheery guffaw, Chanyeol has always found her endearing at most. He used to think of her as the one and only, until she turned everything upside down and showed him who she really was in person.

 

Then he thought about his sister and realized that it would be nice to have someone like her by her side, not replacing her place but giving a sensation that Yura was still there with him. “Someone that is a total opposite of me; she knows what she wants and fights for it until the end. Someone that protects what she loves. Someone that has good sense of humor and a smile that I want to cherish. Someone kind, someone cares. Someone that as the moment I see her, I knew that I’d like to keep her.”

 

As the moment he snapped out of his reverie, he found Soobin’s eyes were glaring at him meaningfully. He looked away and joined the silence that ensued for a moment after hearing such long answer from the boy.

 

“Well, that someone is totally not me.” Sohyun mumbled but enough to bring back the mood; some of them laughed. Sohyun still held the ruler and landed her eyes on someone else, this time she picked Junmyeon.

 

“Anyone can tell that Kwon Sohyun is in need to have a boyfriend,” Sungjae shook his head and Sohyun raised her middle finger at him – just to receive a slap on the back of her head by Bomi then to remind that Yoochun was there. Sungjae laughed boisterously in respond.

 

“Do you like it if there’s a girl that approaches you first?” she asked and the class went oohhhh Sohyun is digging, but her eyes remained on Junmyeon.

 

Junmyeon shook his head and smiled, “No not really, I’ll be feeling grateful in some way,” he cleared his throat. “I’m not very confident actually, in dating area and my former girlfriends too were the firsts to reach me. So I’ll be happy and also grateful if there’s a girl that likes me and approach me first.” He then let out a very fond smile that could bring any female’s heart fly. “Do you want to approach me Sohyun?”

 

Sohyun couldn’t help but blush, she eventually shook her head but everyone already came to a conclusion that Sohyun might or might not like Junmyeon. She persistently said no, but everyone was already talking. It missed from the boys that were loud, some of the girls except Eunji gazed at Jieun and gave her knowing looks.

 

“Sohyun, do you still have questions?” Yoochun asked and the girl nodded. Yoochun widened his eyes before nodded. “Okay then, give your best shot.” He raised his thumb for the girl and Sohyun already decided her final target.

 

“Do Kyungsoo,” Kyungsoo that was chatting enthusiastically with Myungsoo turned his head at Sohyun. He supposed to realize it’s the end of his love life when Sohyun gave a small grin. “How do you feel about Yoon Bomi?”

 

He widened his eyes, didn’t see it coming while most of boys in his class muffled their laughter. He looked around to find Bomi was reddening and looking down on her shoes. Kyungsoo knew he’s doomed.

 

“What I feel for Bomi is completely mutual.” He said tactfully. “I believe you ask this chance to question me because I never put a certain line with her, it’s okay I have to answer this question anyway. To be honest, I don’t give any title for our relationship because I’m not fond of any idea of having a relationship with someone in same organization because small problems can create awkwardness between us. I’ve told her before to wait for me, wait because I have to finish my obligations first as School President – thinking about relationship should not be my priority, and if she doesn’t like the idea, she can choose to leave. It sounds cheap, but I don’t like it too if waiting for me only burden her. The ball now is on her hands, I’m just waiting for my call…, and also finishing my duties.”

 

When Kyungsoo spoke up honestly about how he felt, his eyes never left to see Bomi that slowly looked up and found that the boy has been gazing ever since. After he finished, he let out a small smile and looked away.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Jisoo was the third ruler.

 

His eyes went directly to Sooyoung as he held the ruler, “Park Sooyoung, please do tell us the reason why you like my stupid best friend.”

 

Everyone knew, knows about the rumor Sooyoung has been landed her eyes on Sungjae. Didn’t know exactly when the news spread, but Sooyoung never denied but never told her reason. She was a member of Cheerleading Squad, that made her one of the most-wanted girl in school, but her decision into liking someone like Sungjae of course surprising to hear.

 

Sooyoung blushed. This was no better than Truth or Truth the girls played last night. She didn’t want to answer this question but even Chanyeol and Kyungsoo answered fearlessly even though they didn’t want to. So she looked down on her shoelaces when she replied, “I don’t recall when this happened but that day Sungjae had to go home by himself – without his chauffeur, without you Jisoo, and without his friends. That day too, actually would be the very first day of me knowing there was a boy named Yook Sungjae that is in basketball team and a son of our school’s director.” She nibbled her lips uneasily, “I saw him helping a homeless child by giving his last money. I knew because he was murmuring to the child that he didn’t have money left except what he held that time. But still, it sent butterflies to my stomach when I remembered Sungjae still gave it and called you to pick him up.”

 

Sungjae eyed Sooyoung, now with different expression in his eyes. Sooyoung that time, didn’t know at all, that’s why when she looked up the gaze has been torn. Jisoo seemed satisfied with the answer, so he raised his thumb. “Sungjae is a very lucky . You should be thankful she chooses you ,” he pointed at Sungjae but the boy swatted his hand away.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Soojung was the fourth ruler.

 

She was looking back to forth, confused to decide. But then she found someone worth asking, so she called for their name. “Chae Soobin,”

 

Soobin indeed didn’t see it coming, that Soojung would call her name. She raised her head and waited.

 

The question was easy and quick, as if it was thoughtless and just for fun. “How are you?” Soojung asked with a very wide smile.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Everyone was already stepping away when Chanyeol picked out his cellphone and also his earphone. He plugged the earphone and opened his music player, decided a song to play when he heard, “So someone that is not nosy huh.” Chanyeol paused his move to put on the earphone on his earlobe as he saw the girl scowled at him. “Don’t worry, I can assure you that my ideal type is someone that is not as tall as coconut tree.” Eunji stuck out her tongue to make fun of him.

 

This got Chanyeol snort. “I never said that it’s you.” He majestically towered the smaller as she stepped back because of inferiority.

 

Eunji hissed, “I also never mention that it is you.”

 

“Fine then,” Chanyeol stepped away and about to leave when Eunji called for his name. He turned and found Eunji walking to his side, with her delighted beam.

 

“But it’s nice to see,” Eunji finished with a smile that earned a confused scowl from the male. “It’s good to see you talk a lot tonight, even better when you smile; not a teasing or mocking one, an honest one.”

 

“I didn’t smile! You’re just seeing things!” Chanyeol disagreed right away because did he really smile, when did he smile?

 

“Right maybe it’s just my illusion,” Eunji just nodded without fighting too much. Since Jung Eunji couldn’t reach for his hair to caress it, she tapped his cheek that caused Chanyeol to step back in surprise while the female smiled motherly. “But really…, smile more Park Chanyeol, you look way better like that okay?”

 

After that, she walked off first leaving Chanyeol that was stunned before he rubbed the cheek that was touched before and shook his head. “No Park Chanyeol, she’s nothing compared to your sister. No Park Chanyeol, just no…”

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

“Yah Jung Soojung.”

 

Soojung halted when her name was called. She turned around and found Soobin was glaring at her. She wanted to talk, Soojung could tell, so she then gave knowing look to Myungsoo and said that everything would be fine, so Myungsoo didn’t need to wait for her. Myungsoo seemed hesitant at first, but Soojung’s eyes made him sure and then both girls watched Myungsoo left before Soobin stepped closer.

 

“What is that supposed to mean, you’re asking how are you to me.” Soobin crossed her hands against her chest defensively. Her eyes filled with curiosity and also anxiety.

 

“That means I’m curious,” Soojung shrugged when she scoffed. “I’m asking because I want to know. I want to know how you are handling things where we both know you have no talent and passion at. I want to know how you are because I’m curious until when you will pretend like you have everything in your palm…,” Soojung replied nonchalantly but succeeded on making Soobin’s temper decreased.

 

“Were you…, mocking me?” Soobin asked with her tone rose.

 

“Was I?” Soojung stepped closer, they were exchanging breathes. “Before you plan anything to harm me again, think about what happened to you this afternoon.” Soojung pointed at the Band-Aid on her cheek. “I may hate you, but remember that Park Chanyeol despises you for what you did. And we all know, harming me won’t help you get away from his disgust on you. You should be thankful anyway, because Jisoo got your back earlier.”

 

Soojung intentionally bumped her shoulder on Soobin’s and walked off first, leaving Soobin heaving alone and nibbled her lower lip.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

Hyoyeon stopped Yoochun when the teacher was about to go out. He watched her walking closer, but not close enough because she didn’t put on any makeup. “It’s okay Kim Seonsaengnim, I also don’t put any.” He chuckled when she insisted that she didn’t look good because she was having some pimples.

 

“Where are you going Park Seonsaengnim? Why aren’t you resting? It’s past midnight.” Hyoyeon tried, but failed to sound not to worry for the older.

 

“I’m having a quick meeting with my Class President for what happened today. You go back to sleep Kim Seonsaengnim, you look sleepy. I’m not going to hold you back.” He gave Hyoyeon a smile that maybe was enough for her to cherish and bring in her dreams.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

The Five was gathered in common room. Eunji couldn’t stop yawning and she was considering to ask one of four boys to lend her their shoulders. But they weren’t Youngjae and they might feel uncomfortable with her. But weren’t they friends since they were punished together? Yah Eunji being punished together doesn’t make them friends, she cursed to herself.

 

“Eunji, you’re sleepy?” Kyungsoo sat next to her and watched the girl yawned with a wide grin. “Do you need a shoulder? Here,” he motioned her head to lean on his shoulder. “Sleeping like that will hurt your neck.”

 

Three males left were looking at the scene with their own thoughts; Yoongi coughed, Chanyeol shook his head, and Jisoo mouthed “I thought you were saying that you like Bomi—now you’re flirting with Eunji?”

 

Kyungsoo ignored the hate comments, instead he Eunji’s hair before he continued, “Just sleep. I’ll wake you up once Park Seonsaengnim is here.”

 

Eunji already half-asleep when she nodded, bet she didn’t even listen what Kyungsoo just said and went to dreamland, leaving him being glared at by three boys.

 

Park Yoochun arrived and he made a surprise motion as he saw the scene. Kyungsoo explained and Yoochun nodded in understanding before he asked the other three to sit and review about their mission part two.

 

It missed from Yoochun’s eyes but never from Kyungsoo’s mind that there were three males sitting near him that might seem focused on whatever Yoochun said about their mission but actually was immersed in something else; Kim Jisoo biting his nail but he looked whenever Eunji’s head almost fell and Kyungsoo held it back, Min Yoongi that came with a realization of why Kyungsoo offered his shoulder, and Park Chanyeol that was the least to look but whenever he did, once he looked away he made a face.

 

Entertaining, he thought. Just a bait could catch three fishes in the same time.

original.jpgoriginal.jpgoriginal.jpg

“You got her?! You got Jung Eunji as your target?! You’re her guardian angel?!” Yoongi rounded his eyes in surprise; of course he didn’t see it coming. He didn’t expect that it’s his own best friend would be Eunji’s guardian angel. “AND YOU DIDN’T TELL ME YOU BRAT!” Yoongi hissed in pain, he was this close to wreck Kyungsoo in pieces.

 

They were sitting on where they sat last night, Yoochun already went back to his room also Chanyeol and Jisoo. Kyungsoo just let out a very satisfied smile, amused with his expectation that Yoongi would react exactly like this. He let out a very happy sigh before he looked up at the sky. “Mission 20 Part Two is done. Would we have another part this time?” he mumbled to himself and definitely ignored Yoongi that was still furiously shocked with the new fact.

 

“YAH DO KYUNGSOO!”

 


January 20th 2017

for you that still read this; thank you isn't enough. may you have a great day ahead and don't forget to wear a smile wherever you go ♥♥♥