Bad Reports Cards Pt. 1

Me, Jin, and Six Crazy Boys
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung POV:

Wow, I can’t believe one third of the year is already over. I also can’t believe that we’re getting our report cards today. Damn, I know I failed science and I know I’m not doing very well in social…and language arts …and math either. I nervously sat at the end of my seat waiting for my name to be called. I overheard other kids talking about their report cards.

“Oh yeah! Straight A’s! What did you get?” A kid asked as he walked over to the guy behind me.

“Three A’s and a B in math.” He said sadly. Why was he sad? I would be crying of happiness! Then all of a sudden, my name was called.

“Lee Taehyung.” The teacher called. I got out of my seat and walked up to the front. She gave me a look and gave me my report card. I could not believe what I saw.

Language Arts: D

Math: D

Social: F

Science: F

Oh no! I’m so dead when I get home. Luckily, Jimin was not in the same class as me so I didn’t have to tell him that I pretty much failed everything. But still, I needed a signature from mom and I didn’t know how to show her.

The last bell rang for the end of the day and I started to get nervous. Mom’s going to freak out when she sees my grade. I climbed on the bus and saw Jimin waving at me. I sat down and the first thing that came out of his mouth, was the last thing I wanted to talk about.

“What did you get on your report card?” He asked excitingly. I needed to come up with a lie fast.

“Um, I don’t know, the teacher said she messed up on mine and had to print it tomorrow.” It sounded believable right?

“Oh, but how did she mess up?” He asked again.

“What did you get on yours?” I quickly changed the subject. “You seem pretty excited.”

“Well, I did really good this semester and got B’s in language arts, and math, C in social, and an A in science!” What the heck, why is he so smart?

“Wow, good job. I didn’t know you were good at school.”

“I didn’t either!” He laughed. Soon, I forgot all about my report card as Jimin and I were laughing at stupid things that happened throughout the day. I saw Jungkook a couple minutes later not looking very happy. He walked on the bus, and sat in front of me and Jimin.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” I asked tapping his shoulder. He turned around and let out a sigh.

“I’m dead when I get home.”

“Why?” Jimin asked. Jungkook opened his backpack and gave his report card to the both of us. My eyes got wide. He did worse than me?

“Jungkook, how can you fail everything?” Jimin said staring at the report card.

“I- I don’t know! I just didn’t understand it and we had a lot of tests!” Jungkooko whined.

“But still! That’s kind of bad!” Jimin tried to hold in his laughter but he couldn’t. “Did you sleep the whole time they were learning?”

“Whatever hyung!” He said and jerked his body forward and turned back around to face the front of his seat. Slowly, the bus got started and we were on our way home. I was getting more nervous as it got closer to our stop.

“What if mom doesn’t believe my lie? What if she does? What am I going to do after she believes the lie?” These thoughts ran over my head again and again. I didn’t know what to do! I thoughts escaped as Jimin shook my arm.

“Dude, it’s our stop, I’ve been calling you a hundred times!” He said.

“Oh, sorry, let’s go.” I said and got off the bus. I was walking slower tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter