agents 007(teen)

i'm waiting just for you

            The scene is a very familiar one.

            Joshua is sitting with his head propped in his hands, glancing at the wall. He lazily looks up every time a customer walks in, barely lifting his hands to type their order in the computer before he shuffles into the back, and he brings their order back with a pitiful attempt at a smile, saying in monotone, “Thanks, come again.”

            Seungkwan comes beside him, leaning his hip on the counter. He crosses his arms over his chest, his back facing the door. His lips form a straight line, his eyes narrowed as he looks at Joshua. Joshua just drags his eyes over the younger boy, sighing as he looks away. It makes Seungkwan’s eye twitch.

            “Hyung,” Seungkwan says through his teeth. “Snap out of it. This is worse than when you were crushing on Jeonghan.”

            Joshua glares at the wall. “I wasn’t –”

            “Don’t deny that you had a crush on Jeonghan, Joshua. Everybody knew.” Seungkwan straightens out. “Now, did Jihoon do something?”

            Joshua sighs, shaking his head. He groans as he plants his forehead straight on the counter. His voice sounds muffled. “This isn’t about Jihoon. This is about me being an idiot.”

            Seungkwan fights back a smile. “What are you being an idiot about this time?”

            And just as expected, Joshua lifts his head up, throwing Seungkwan a look.

            Seungkwan smiles brightly, and Joshua can’t help but smile back, using his palms to push himself back up. “You’re an idiot, Seungkwan-ah. It’s a wonder Vernon likes you.”

            Seungkwan scoffs. “It’s a wonder I like him.” And then, as if realizing what he has just said, his eyes widen. “I mean –!”

            But the damage has already been done, and Joshua is laughing loudly, clutching his stomach. “Oh my god, oh my god! You just admitted you like Vernon!”

            Seungkwan bristles at the accusation. “I will admit he’s kind of grown on me.” He grumbles under his breath, “He has been pestering me for years.”

            Joshua reaches out to pull Seungkwan to his side, tugging at Seungkwan’s hair lightly. He teases like a schoolboy, “You like him.”

            Seungkwan rolls his eyes, putting his palms flat on Joshua’s side as he pushes himself away. “Very mature.”

            And Joshua is busy making kissy faces at Seungkwan when he hears soft laughter come from the other side of the counter. Joshua quickly glances at whoever is laughing at him, and the smile falls from his face when he sees that it’s Jeonghan.

            Jeonghan is grinning at him, his eyes sparkling, flashing those pearly whites at Joshua.

            Joshua hates that his breath catches at his throat, the mark over his heart burning.

            “Hi Jeonghan,” Seungkwan is pushing Joshua behind him, causing Joshua to frown. “Can I take your order?”

            Joshua finds himself pushing the younger boy away from the register. “I can take his order, it’s fine.”

            Seungkwan looks at Joshua in bewilderment, but because it would look strange if he protests, he just nods, saying, “All right, I’ll be in the back if you need me.”

            Jeonghan grins, planting his hands on the counter. He shakes hair from his eyes. “Hi Joshua. I was wondering –”

            “I know, an Americano?” Joshua says, but then he realizes how creepy it sounds, so he flushes. “I mean –”

            Jeonghan laughs. “It’s okay. I was actually wondering if you would mind sitting with me, if you can get a break, you know?” His face is slightly flushed. “It’s just that Seungcheol is working with Jihoon and Jun is busy at work, and so Minghao is helping him and –” He looks down shyly, biting his lip. “I just wanted to talk?”

            Joshua finds himself smiling, already moving to the other side of the counter. He tries not to sound too eager when he agrees, but maybe he trips over his own two feet.

⚘❁⚘

            Mingyu thinks there’s something brave about loving someone who’s already marked. (And he’s not just saying that because he’s one of those people.)

            He had just clocked in for his shift when he noticed that Seungkwan was standing with his face pressed to the small window of the kitchen door. Mingyu had come up behind the younger boy, slapping his hands on his shoulders. Seungkwan didn’t even flinch, just reached out to swat at Mingyu’s hands, hissing, “Shh, I’m spying on Joshua and Jeonghan!”

            And so this is how Mingyu finds himself with his face pressed next to Seungkwan’s, picking at a pastry that he managed to swipe from the counter. Mingyu finds that he can’t take his eyes away from Joshua and Jeonghan, who are sitting comfortably with each other as if they’re good friends. Mingyu sighs as Jeonghan laughs at something Joshua says, his hand reaching out to lightly tap at Joshua’s hand. Joshua stares at the back of his hand in wonder as Jeonghan turns pink, brushing his hair back.

            Mingyu sighs, “Poor hyung.”

            Seungkwan hums in agreement, reaching out to grab a piece of bread. “Agreed.” He slowly chews. “What do you think they’re talking about?”

            Mingyu slowly stuffs some bread in his mouth, “No idea.”

            Mingyu jumps when he feels a hand land on his shoulder, and a quick glance lets him know that Soonyoung is leaning his chin on Seungkwan’s shoulder, glancing out towards the café. “What are we looking at?”

            Mingyu feels his lip quirk and then he’s glancing back out. “Jeonghan and Joshua.”

            Soonyoung lets out an Ah, reaching out to grab some of the bread that’s in Mingyu’s hands. “What are they talking about?”

            “I don’t know hyung, I don’t have super hearing.”

            They all wince when they see Jeonghan shake his hands frantically, his cheeks pink. He’s shaking his head vehemently, and all Joshua does is smile, his own cheeks flushing as he nods. Jeonghan lets his hands land on the table, and they just so happen to fall right on top of Joshua’s. Joshua quickly snatches his hands away, letting out a small laugh, ruffling his hair.

            “Yah,” Soonyoung whines, “this is so cruel to watch.”

            Seungkwan mumbles between bites. “Then look away.”

            Soonyoung steals the piece of bread that Seungkwan was lifting to his mouth. “I can’t, this is the most exciting thing that’s happened all day.”

            Mingyu sighs, shaking his head at Joshua and his awestruck expression. He bumps his shoulder into Soonyoung. “Why is no one stopping him from destroying himself?”

            Soonyoung quickly glances at him, and Mingyu doesn’t like the knowing look he has in his eyes. “Maybe he needs to learn on his own that he shouldn’t mess with someone who’s already mated.”

            Mingyu grumbles, “As long as they’re single, who cares.”

            Soonyoung is opening his mouth to respond when the door to his office opens and Seokmin comes popping out. “Soonyoung? Did you get lost getting that water?” Seokmin’s eyes brighten up as he sees everyone huddled by the door, and he quickly latches himself onto Soonyoung, peeking over his shoulder. “Who are we spying on?”

             “Joshua and Jeonghan,” Seungkwan and Soonyoung speak at the same time. Seungkwan shakes his head at Soonyoung. “And can you get off my shoulder, hyung? You’re breathing into my ear.”

            Soonyoung lets out a puff of air. “You like it.”

             “Yah, don’t flirt with me when your boyfriend is right here, that’s disrespectful.”

            Soonyoung grins. “He won’t mind.”

            Seokmin shrugs, his eyes teasing. “I won’t mind.”

            And Seungkwan rolls his eyes at both, grumbling as he turns to look back towards the window.

            It’s only when Wonwoo comes stepping into the kitchen, tying his apron that they all freeze. Wonwoo’s eyes go wide, his mouth dropping open, and then he’s frowning, glancing around in curiosity. “Uh,” he speaks, “what’s going on?”

            Mingyu grins widely, “We’re spying.”

            Wonwoo lifts his brow. “And who’s taking orders?”

            They all glance at each other bashfully.

            Soonyoung frowns suddenly, glancing at everyone surrounding him. He mumbles under his breath. “Maybe I should hire staff that actually works.”

            Seungkwan grins, reaching out to put his arms around Soonyoung’s shoulders. “You love us.”

             “Yeah,” Mingyu agrees, grinning. “Laziness and all.”

            Soonyoung grumbles under his breath, and then Seokmin is shoving at his shoulder, his eyes wide. “Joshua’s coming!” He grabs Soonyoung’s hand, pulling him away from the door. “Joshua’s coming, move!”

            And every one scatters, trying to act nonchalant. Soonyoung and Seokmin stumble into Soonyoung’s office, Seokmin landing half on the desk and Soonyoung landing awkwardly in the chair. Seungkwan quickly grabs a cup and starts pouring coffee into it and various other syrups, way more than necessary. Mingyu grabs Wonwoo by the collar, the other boy stumbling after him, and he perches himself on the counter, throwing Wonwoo next to him, making sure that his hip is pressed to Wonwoo’s. Wonwoo plants his hands on the counter to balance himself, and he narrows his eyes at Mingyu, who is smiling innocently.

            This is the scene that Joshua walks into. He’s all smiley and flushed, with dazzling eyes. He grabs a cup from the counter and starts making some coffee. He’s so dazed that he doesn’t even notice that everyone is staring at him, and it’s only when he’s pushing the door open with his hip that he pauses, two cups of coffee in his hand.

            “What?” Joshua asks.

            Everyone looks down, going back to what they were doing.

            “Nothing,” Seungkwan says, pouring more syrup into the cups. “Just working.”

            Joshua narrows his eyes, but says nothing, walking back out, and they all quickly regroup by the door, peeking as Joshua places a cup of coffee in front of Jeonghan, the other boy smiling gratefully as he takes it from Joshua’s hand, their fingers brushing. Joshua smiles as he takes a sip of his own cup, sitting back down.

            “Oh,” Seungkwan sighs. “Hyung has it bad, huh?”

            Soonyoung laughs under his breath. “Oh, you have no idea.”


a/n: wah, thanks so much for the comments and for subscribing! means the world to me ~ ~