a double date?

i'm waiting just for you

            Joshua is sitting on the table, his eyes closed as he leans his head against the wall. Mingyu sits next to him, his body bent so he can rest his head on the shorter boy’s shoulder. Mingyu frowns at his phone, tapping at the screen loudly.

            “Mingyu-ah,” Joshua mumbles sleepily.

            “Yah?” Mingyu huffs, tapping at his phone incessantly.

            “Can you stop with the tapping? I’m trying to nap here.”

            The tapping falters, and Joshua hears Mingyu grumble under his breath. “I’m sorry hyung. Someone is texting me, and I don’t know how they got my number.”

            Joshua opens one eye to peek at Mingyu. “It was probably one of your stalker fan girls. You should really tone down the flirting a little.”

            Mingyu grins, cuddling closer to Joshua. “It’s a part of my charm, plus the tips are amazing.”

            Joshua closes his eyes again, hooking his hands together. “I’m just saying.”

            He can hear the grin in the other boy’s voice. “Why? Are you jealous?”

            Joshua snorts. “Please.”

            Joshua feels something tickle the back of his hand, and then Mingyu is interlocking their fingers, teasing, “You don’t have to hide your feelings hyung.”

            Joshua lets out a small laugh and then he hears  footsteps coming towards them. A quick glance lets him know it’s Soonyoung, and then Mingyu is standing up quickly, glancing at Soonyoung as he says, “Gotta go fast.”

            Joshua watches as Mingyu pushes past Soonyoung, plugging his ears as soon as Soonyoung opens his mouth to speak. Soonyoung grins as Mingyu pushes past the door.

            Soonyoung is chuckling softly as he hops up next to Joshua, who raises his brow in question. Soonyoung rolls his eyes, explaining, “Mingyu has been ignoring me since I caught him and Wonwoo making googly eyes at each other in the kitchen.”

            Joshua at first smiles at this, but then he’s frowning, glancing to where Mingyu went. He hesitates. “Mingyu does know that Wonwoo is marked, right? It’s doomed from the start.”

            Soonyoung shrugs, “Wonwoo says things didn’t work out with his soulmate, remember?” He gives Joshua a look. “And Mingyu isn’t the only one to fall for someone who’s already marked.”

            Joshua flushes, stuttering, “S-shut up.”

            Soonyoung laughs, hooking his arm with Joshua’s. “I’m just teasing you, hyung.” His eyes sparkle. “So how did your date go?”

            Joshua looks at Soonyoung, frowning. “How did you know I went on a date?”

            He rolls his eyes. “Seungkwan has been telling everyone that he got you a date.”

            “That brat,” Joshua whispers, then he’s perking up. “Did he tell you he went on a date with Vernon?”

            Soonyoung chokes, his eyes bulging. “What?” He chuckles softly. “The kid finally asked Seungkwan out?”

            Seungkwan, as if he knew they were talking about him, is pushing past the doors, yelling, “It was not a date!”

            Joshua sticks his tongue out. “Then why are you blushing?”

            Seungkwan huffs, moving quickly as he makes various cups of coffee. “I’m not blushing,” he mumbles, his cheeks pink. “It’s just hot in here.”

            “It’s wintertime, Seungkwan.”

            He wraps up two pastries, placing everything on a tray and he turns to Joshua, pushing the door open with his hip. “Yah, I don’t see why you’re making fun of me when Jihoon-hyung is here to see you.”

            Joshua sits up, his mind clearing. “What?”

            Seungkwan smiles. “I said your boyfriend is here, so go take his order.”

            Joshua ignores Soonyoung’s teasing as he jumps off the table, quickly pushing past the doors. And sure enough, sitting at one of his tables, tapping his fingers on the surface, is Jihoon.

            Joshua sits easily at the table, clasping his hands as he smiles at Jihoon. “Hi?”

            Jihoon looks uncomfortable, but he smiles. “Hi, hyung.”

            Joshua looks around, taking a note of how slow it is, and decides that it wouldn’t be a big deal if he sat here for a bit. “You want something? I can get you anything you want, on the house.”

            Jihoon smiles widely. “I like to eat a lot, are you sure?”

            Joshua laughs, teasing. “You forgot that we went on a date yesterday.”

            Jihoon frowns. “Yeah, about that...”

            Joshua tilts his head, his eyes wide. “What’s going on?”

            Jihoon winces, avoiding looking into Joshua’s eyes. “SeungcheolandJeonghankindofwanttodoubledatewithusnow.”

            “I’m sorry, what?”

            He takes a deep breath, repeating slowly. “Seungcheol and Jeonghan want to go on a double date.” He looks him in the eyes. “With us.”

            Joshua freezes, thinks about spending an entire night of staring at Jeonghan with his boyfriend there. “Uh, can you just say no?”

            Jihoon deflates. “I don’t know if they would accept it.”

            “Well…” Joshua trails off. “Why don’t you just tell them that we want to hang out by ourselves?”

            Jihoon looks nervous. “Are you sure? I know I’m not the nicest person.”

            Joshua frowns, shaking hair from his eyes. “Of course I’m sure.”

            Neither of them see Soonyoung and Seungkwan hovering by the door, peeking through the window as they giggle at each other like a couple of school girls.


a/n: gah, do you ever get really frustrated with yourself? thanks for all your comments, i love reading them ~ ~