Unthinkable

Us Against The World: 2Jae edition.

Dull, soft rays of moon lights slyly pass through the clear crystal windows, as they kindly mix with the artificial bright lights of the bar. Illuminating the nice place they playfully slid between talking people across every single occupied table; accompanying the sound of glasses hitting enthusiastically against each other in some new toast or giving an extra magical touch to some serious talk. Traveling around the crowd room those curios ray of light reach out the busy bar, crossing over the dark eyes of some brunette boy sitting in one specific stool as his dreamy gaze dance around the bright screen of his cellphone; reading restless that simple phrase which makes his heart beat hopeful.

 -Thank you for texting me, Youngjae. Now I can sleep peacefully. Have a good night.-

Imagining Jaebum’s sweet smile as he wrote that massage Youngjae can’t help but smile as well. To the feeling of warm waves spreading along his skin at each time he reads those words a deep, soft sigh pass through his pink, full lips; having a major urge to be in his hyung’s protective and comfortable hug once again.

 But the loud noise of a metallic tray hitting harshly against the wooden bar startled him a little, breaking the sweet dreamy feeling he was having.

-Can you stop doing that? I hate that stupid look on your face.- someone says, slightly cold yet particularly bother.

Knowing who it was already Youngjae sighs one more time, lifting his brown eyes to meet with sharp, little ones which stare at him clearly displease. He doesn’t really understand why, but Yugyeom has been acting like this too often lately.  He still remembers that night when Jaebum came to the bar with him, Yugyeom was so mad just like right now.

-Hey Browny!- but even so he smiles, greeting his friend with a hint of cuteness to ease the younger boy’s angriness.

But all what he got from Yugyeom was a hard gaze, not a single word answered his greeting. Feeling how his heart hurts for being ignored by one of his best friends Youngjae watches how Yugyeom sits on the stool next to his, crossing his arms above his chest and frowning deeply as his brown eyes look in front but never back at Youngjae.

He doesn’t know why, but he has the strong sensation Yugyeom it’s really mad at him.

-Yugyeom…- Youngjae calls weakly, placing his afraid orbs in his friend’s annoyed features. -Why are you so angry with me?- he asks, slow and careful; feeling suddenly a little sad.

Yugyeom just purses his plump lips for a short moment, like if he was holding back something. –I’m not angry with you.- he says, his voice sounding low but soft.

-Don’t lie to me, Yugyeom. I know you way too well.- Youngjae warns, feeling his heart hurting because this is big. Yugyeom had never lied to him.

The distant sound of glasses and people walking around was all what it could be heard in the silent between them, making the brunette boy impatient and somewhat mad as well. Why was Yugyeom being like this? And what had him possibly done to make his younger friend so angry? Worst part it’s that Yugyeom won’t say a thing unless Youngjae pushes him to the limit.

And Youngjae is not so sure if that’s the best thing to do.

-It has nothing to do with you.- Yugyeom says then, his soft voice sounding so clearly dark.

-It has to do with me and with me alone, right?- Youngjae states sure. –Yugyeom you are my friend, I know when you are angry with me!- he hisses annoyed, feeling desperate for the whole incredible situation.

To the echo those last words hanging in the air embracing them Yugyeom stares coldly at Youngjae’s brown eyes; saying something that felt like millions of tiny little daggers encrusting right into the brunette boy’s shaking heart.

-You being my friend? I cannot think in something more impossible.-

Flashes of all the moments they shared light up Youngjae’s astonish mind after those cruel words hit right into his ears, as the sound of his heart shrinking in disillusion mix with the murmur of Yugyeom walking away. Was it all a lie? Every laugh, every hug, every encouraging word, every tear, every bad moment they went through together, was all that nothing more than an evil lie? Every told secret in special nights, every knowing smile when they defend each other… all the trust, all the affection Yugyeom had showed all these years, was all that just faked?

Did he ever mean something to Yugyeom?

Fighting back those tiny tears rushing to the edge of his darken eyes Youngjae stands up, quickly following Yugyeom’s steps across one long hall, passing by the chaotic kitchen and the transited toilets; finally reaching out that distant door, the one which leads to the small alley of the bar where the two of them use to talk in their breaks. Gripping tightly the knob Youngjae opens the door hurriedly, closing it behind his back with a loud slam that echoes noisily around the tiny and silent alley.

-Yugyeom…- seeing the younger boy’s back Youngjae calls his name, not even seeing him tremble by his serious tone of voice.

-Go away.- it’s all what Yugyeom mumbles cold and harsh, barely breaking the calmness of the night.

 And that was the dead end for Youngjae’s patience.

-The do you mean with ‘go away’?! You say some important and you think I won’t do anything?!- he explodes, shouting out his uneasy heart.

But the tall boy stays still, without even having the decency to look back at him.

–Just go away.- Yugyeom hiss this time, his soft voice sounding loud with anger in the quietness of the evening.

-I won’t go away until you man up and tell me the is going on!- Youngjae exclaims mad, feeling his lungs burning and his heart breaking at each word.

And even so Yugyeom remains silent, keeping the true for himself and driving the brunette boy crazy in desperation. How can everything end just like this?

Like if it had never existed.

Every single one of his memories with Yugyeom flows back in his mind just like those warm tears flows from his dull eyes; rolling down his pale cheeks, joining in his chin and silently dying when they crush against the hard floor… exactly like his heart.

-Damn, Yugyeom…- Youngjae hisses in a weak murmur. -What did I do wrong? Tell me and I will fix it but please… p-please don’t be like this.-he begs, hearing his shaking voice mixing with the breeze of the night blowing softly.

Upon seeing Yugyeom’s light brown locks being tousle by the kind wind and just having a killing silence answering him Youngjae whimpers loudly, feeling a strong pain in his chest making it hard to breathe. “He doesn’t care about me…” he thinks in sorrow, only making his tears flow even more down his reddens eyes.

-Y-Yugyeom please… D-Do I mean anything to you?- Youngjae whispers softly as his heartbroken orbs close slowly, waiting the final shot.

But what it came next wasn’t what he was expecting.

A strong, warm body press hard against him, pinning him against the door behind his back. Big hands settle kindly on his waist, holding him in place as plump, soft lips lock softly with his own in a sudden and unthinkable kiss. To the sweet and slightly shy brush of their mouths Youngjae’s brown eyes open wide, seeing Yugyeom’s calm face right in front of him; those little eyes closed tight in delight. His shocked mind was turning blank, his tears dried instantly and his heart seemed to stop beating for a tiny fraction of a second.

What was happening?

-This is why I can’t be your friend. You mean everything to me. I love you, Youngjae…- Yugyeom says slowly, every word ringing loud with honest yearning.

Seeing into those brown eyes the sincerity he had just heard Youngjae blinks dizzy, suddenly feeling so lost. Hearing the nice murmur of the breeze blowing one more time around them it takes him a few long seconds to understand what those words mean… But how could it be?  His somewhat scary and sometimes lovely Yugyeom loves him. His best friend loves him. 

He is sure, he hasn’t misheard.

-You… what?- Youngjae murmurs confuse, his incredulous eyes never leaving those small brown ones.

-I’m sorry.- Yugyeom whispers. –I know I’m ruining everything but that’s how I feel.- he says without a hint of doubt in his voice and any regret in his gaze.

-Yugyeom, I… I didn’t… I could’ve never… I had no idea.- Youngjae mumbles stumbling with his words, feeling still so shocked and incredible.

Yugyeom chuckles softly then, somewhat bittersweet. –I know you don’t feel the same but can’t you give me a chance, Jae?- he asks carefully, his soft voice ringing serious.

Youngjae’s teeth sink nervously in his bottom lip at that question, hearing the rumbling of his fearful heart. –Yugyeom y-you know I… I love Jaebum.- he whispers nervously, feeling his cheeks heating up in a mild blush.

-Yeah, I know. But I also know, just like you, that he doesn’t love you. That he will never love you.- Yugyeom comments, somewhat harsh for the brunette boy’s likes.

-Ummm…- was all what Youngjae could say at the moment, because his heart was slowly turning cold and heavy.

He has always known the truth even when his hope sometimes overshadowed it.

Those big hands slowly lift up cupping his cheeks, making their eyes look at each other and each other only.

-Then you can give me a chance. I do love you, Youngjae. And I can make you love me.- Yugyeom says confident, making it sound so easy.

Youngjae’s afraid fingers carefully close around those warm hands, looking into those small eyes as his own slowly fill with tears yet again. -Yugyeom… I-I can’t…- he whispers weakly, holding back his sobbing.

-What do you mean you can’t? Of course you can! Youngjae, you have to be realistic.- Yugyeom exclaims softly, yet his voice hided a hit of impatience.

-It’s not because of that. I-I know Jaebum will never… feel the same but… I don’t want to hurt you.- Youngjae mumbles slow, seeing those small brown eyes getting darker in angriness.

-If you give me a chance and then leave me, I will be hurt. And if you don’t give I chance I will also be hurt. You can’t help it, Youngjae; you will hurt me either way. So please give me a chance.- Yugyeom begs with his soft voice ringing slightly desperate.

Upon hearing his best friend’s words Youngjae thinks this must be a nightmare, this has to be a nightmare and he wish he will wake up at any minute. This just can’t be happening, but Yugyeom’s eyes staring intensely at him are so serious, Yugyeom’s body feels so warm that his skin can barely feel the cool touch of the night, Yugyeom’s voice sounds so honest that makes his heart ache, and that kiss, which still tickles his lips, felt more real than himself. 

How did it come to this?

-Yugyeom… I can’t do that.- words trail off his lips heavily, as his shaking hands gently pull those big ones away from his face. –I love Jaebum, I can’t replace him. Not with you, nor with anyone.- he mumbles nervous, looking into those sharp eyes asking for forgiven in silence.

But when he saw Yugyeom’s eyes consumed by hate he knew he will never be forgiven.

Youngjae wasn’t expecting Yugyeom to take it nicely, he only want Yugyeom to understand his feelings; but the way those big hands yank harshly away from his weak grip and that look in his eyes says it everything… Just like Yugyeom’s last words before walking away and vanishing between the darkness of the alley completed to shatter his unstable heart.

-Then don’t talk to me never again.-


Ah, some drama for you guys~ I hope you enjoyed today's chapter!

As usual, thank you for reading, subscribing and comenting~