Could it be, could it be…

Us Against The World: 2Jae edition.

The sound of raindrops falling from the grey sky is naturally echoing around Seoul in this rainy Thursday morning. Since the yellow sun came out hidden behind dark clouds of storm the water has been falling non-stop, reaching every single corner of the busy city and turning in a little drawback for the morning citizens. The cool spring breeze is blowing a long with it, driving every single tiny raindrop in all directions and above everything. From the high treetops to the transited street those crystalline drops slid and die quietly on all the surfaces they lay on.

The harmonious rhythm of rain falling upon the ceiling and nicely hitting against every single window around of a particular ice-cream parlor is like the murmur of a ghost in a certain black hair man’s ears; all what he could heard was the loud rumbling of his heartbeats going all the way up from his hot chest to his dizzy mind. It isn’t just the notorious rain what is completely ignored by him; everything seemed to disappear for him when that image was right in front of his dreamy eyes.

It wasn’t precisely because he has some trouble with his brain… or maybe he has, who knows?

He likes the brother of his son’s best friend; Jaebum can believe the most absurd thing at this point.

Spellbound, his brown eyes slowly are following those water drops which slid from Youngjae’s brunette locks, going down to his chubby cheeks, outlining his full lips which happily are eating that chocolate flavored ice-cream, running down his slender neck which seem so perfect to bite, painfully slowly reaching out his fragile collarbones and playfully teasing sliding inside that barely soaked t-shirt which hides what Jaebum’s hungry eyes are waiting to see soon.

There’s no doubt, there must be something wrong with his brain.

-Hyung, I think the manager is mad at us…- the soft murmur of Youngjae’s voice pass through the crazy echo of his pounding heart, but all what he could play attention to are those tempting lips curving up in a playful smirk which look too seductive in his eager eyes.

“Oh, I’m so ed up” Jaebum thinks defeated, his dry lips as a lot of improper scenarios flash in his blurred mind.

-It must be because we are soaked and messing his shining place, Youngjae.- he answers with some humorous, trying to push away any weird idea of what he could do the young boy.

Youngjae just chuckles on the other side of the table, giving another anxious to his ice-cream before answering so sweetly amused. –We are not that soaked, hyung.-

-Giving to the way the manage stares at us I think we are, Youngjae.- Jaebum comments as amused as his dongsaeng, feeling not only the uncomfortable wet clothes on his body but also the freezing sensation of his vanilla ice-cream melting on his hand.

-Hyung, you should eat that quickly!- the brunette boy exclaims somewhat alarm, watching how the yellowish liquid slides down on his fingers.

-It’s okay, Youngjae. It’s not like the whole ice-cream is melting.- he says calmly, taking some napkins to clean his hand before finally starting to eat the cold dessert.

 But curiously Youngjae looks down and his whole, fragile body seems down as well after those simple words left his mouth; giving a sadden aura so uncharacteristic of the young, joyful boy that makes Jaebum worry for a moment. His sweet orbs suddenly turn off, losing that spark Jaebum always sees in dreams; just like that smile which takes his breath away now is hidden behind a disappointed –yet still adorable- pout.

-Hyung doesn’t like ice-cream, right? Hyung must have something better to do… I’m sorry; I just wanted to cheer you up, hyung.- Youngjae mumbles, so low and sorrowful that Jaebum could hear the sound of his own heart arching.

He is really ed up.

Slowly his hand slides through the small, plastic table; kindly reaching out that small one which is gripping the tablecloth in a tight fist like if he was trying to hold back something. Those dull dark orbs look up at him almost at the same instant their skinks brushed together, burned together; and he didn’t miss the pinkish color blooming in those chubby cheeks in the tiny distant separating them.

-There may be something better I could be doing, yes… but that isn’t as important as eating ice-cream right here, right now.- His voice came out soft and nice, as he attentively looked how those beautiful eyes recover its angelic spark after the truth was told.

Magically, a tender smile paints itself on Youngjae’s lips right in front of his brown, amazed eyes; making his heart skip an anxious beat just by that mare act.

-Uh, hyung really knows how to use words.- Youngjae says those words again, but this time his voice sounds calm and full of sweetness. He looks so cute and adorable that it only causes on Jaebum a maddening rush of kissing him right at this timeless moment.

But what does Youngjae meant with that? Jaebum is clueless, not only because it doesn’t make any sense giving to what they were walking about but also because he can’t think when those warm orbs seems to be bewitching him; when those eyes dark as the night seems to be telling him something he can’t hear or see… or even imagine.

Or maybe he was hallucinating, that sounds more possible.

Really, really ed up.

-Hyung…- he hears how Youngjae calls him secretly intimate, and he feels how Youngjae’s warm hand gently squeeze his big one.

-Ummm?- he hums, being so drown into those calm seas and so drunk because of the toxic mix between Youngjae’s sweet smile and alluring tone of voice.

-Tell me about the new idea you started.- the brunette boy asks so adorably interested, before giving to his melting ice-cream a few long .

But it was just when Youngjae took his hand away that Jaebum was able to actually hear him… It was like he come down to Earth when they are not touching.

Did he ever mentions how ed up he is?

Feeling those intense yet tender eyes looking at him and waiting an answer Jaebum slowly takes his hand back closer to him, nodding nicely as he also takes a taste of his dessert, maybe the coldness of the ice-cream could bring some reasoning to his hot mind.

-Well, it’s a about a little otter and little fox whom wants to be friends; but like they are from different breeds it’s difficult.  It isn’t very good so far.- he comments somewhat embarrass, feeling a little nervous of what his dongsaeng would think of his idea.

-Oh, I like otters!- Youngjae exclaims suddenly, the excitement painted all over his chubby, blushed face. –Little kids love foxes and it’s also about making friends, I think it’s a great idea hyung!- he comments, so adorably honest.

A glad smile curves itself on Jaebum’s lips at that moment, watching into those sparkling, deep seas he could see clearly how much interested the younger boy is on his work and how sincere Youngjae is in each word he says and in each emotion he shows.

Call him cheesy, but Jaebum feels like falling even more when his looks into those eyes.

-Do you think so, Youngjae?- he wonders, seeing how the brunette boy nods effusively. –Thank you…- he simply murmurs, feeling how hard his heart is beating just for something so small.

-Oh! And if you ever need help with anything I’m more than glad to help you, hyung!- Youngjae adds cheerful, his sweet orbs glistening in glee under the dull light of this rainy day.

Jaebum feels curios as much as he feels touched by the younger boy’s sincerity. –Really Youngjae? Do you know how to draw?- he wonders surprised, watching in great detail how those fresh features look suddenly puzzled.

-Well… No, I don’t.- the brunette boy answers somewhat astonish, a small frown slowly appearing on his forehead.

-Oh, then do you know something about how a book is written?- Jaebum asks so, still paying delicate attention to that frowning handsome face in front of him.

And he has to prevent a smirk to curled up on his lips as Youngjae’s enticing mouth pouts as a disappoint aura embrace him once again.

-No, I don’t know how to do that either.- the young boy mumbles slightly grumpy on Jaebum’s opinion, making that pout even more noticeable.

To the beat of his jumping heart being invaded by warm waves of tenderness Jaebum smiles, with that smile he always saves for Youngjae and Youngjae only… that smile full of his secret intentions.

-Then I supposed I will have to teach you.- he says, simple and nicely, seeing into those deep seas the exact same feeling he has hidden in the deepest shadows of his heart.

Well, probably that’s just his imagination.

-Yes! I would love to learn from you, hyung!- Youngjae content voice brings him out from his messy mind –again- and his eyes quickly found that wonderful smile painted upon those rosy lips.

A mix of improper impulses rush to his shaken heart and body at that sight, forcing Jaebum to turn his darken brown eyes to everywhere else inside that little jail except from the boy sitting across the table. He doesn’t even dare to imagine what would happen if he doesn’t.

-So… how’s school, Youngjae?- he asks then, trying to sound calm like if his skin wasn’t burning to touch the younger boy.

-School? Well, fine and boring.- Youngjae says cutely amused, and Jaebum doesn’t miss that chuckle at the end of his words.

-It’s that so? Then your grades are all good?- he inquires again, quickly finishing his ice-cream as Youngjae’s slow and loud echoes annoyingly seductive to him.

-Yeah, all good!- the brunette boy says cheerful, and Jaebum can imagine that breathtaking smile on those damn lips. –Well, except for Math…-

He hears clearly how heavily Youngjae sighs, and he senses without doubt how down the air around them suddenly went. Feeling not only the necessity to look back at Youngjae but also a strong, cold grip on his chest his brown worry orbs place themselves on the young boy in front of him; finding Youngjae’s bothered face pouting as moments ago.

-I’m not really good at math and the teacher is too mean to ask her to teach me all over again.- the boy explains, sounding somewhat angry and annoyed with himself.

Peace and calmness rapidly slid along his heart after those words, melting that cold grip which made it ache in less than a fraction of a second.

–Well, I can teach you math too…- Jaebum simply comments, like if it isn’t a big deal and he isn’t sounding like a e or something like that.

Watching in delight how Youngjae’s adorable orbs open wide with surprised he can feel his own mouth itching to reach out and just kiss him once and for all.

-Really, hyung?! You can teach me math too?!- the young boy asks a little bit too much excited, as a soft pink color blooms on his chubby cheeks.

And Jaebum feels his heart overwhelmed by a strong rush of sweetness out of nowhere.

-Yes, Youngjae. If you don’t have anything better to do tomorrow I can start teaching you.- he smile nicely, his soft tone barely breaking into the noisy sound of the falling rain.

-Ah but I don’t want to trouble you, hyung.- Youngjae mumbles slightly nervous yet clearly ashamed, that adorable blush on his cheeks making him look even more cute.

-You don’t have to worry about that, Youngjae. I work the whole day on my books so it would be nice to have something different to do at night.- Jaebum honestly comments, seeing with curiosity how that blush turn brighter after his words.

-N-night?- Youngjae repeats with a shaken murmur, that  even as low as it was Jaebum’s attentive ears heard it loud and embarrassed.

-Oh, yes, night it’s my only free time, do you already have plans for tomorrow?- he wonders curios, trying to hold back another smirk at the sight of those cheek blighting up even more at his words.

-No, no I don’t!- Youngjae cutely rushes to deny, shaking his head along with his answer.

Jaebum just couldn’t keep fighting against it after that, and a playful smirk broke free on his vanilla flavored lips.

-Tomorrow at 8PM it’s okay?- he asks so, watching attentively into those nervous orbs in the distant.

He sees those seas shining like fire in the middle of a dark wood; he sees them being flood with all those warm and sweet emotions Youngjae always shows off so honestly clear; he sees them looking straight back at his unprotected brown ones, showing him something Jaebum can’t really voice.

What didn’t he see in those eyes in less than a second?

-Yes, 8PM it’s okay, hyung…- Youngjae softly says, barely reaching Jaebum’s ears as his attention couldn’t move from those enchanting eyes.

There’s something in them, Jaebum is sure of it. It’s something that intimidates him but not in the way he feels he should run away, but in the way he feels he should keep looking inside them to know what it is.

He feels strongly attracted to that which is hidden in the deepest of Youngjae’s eyes.

Curiosity killed the cat, they say, but Jaebum is willing to run the risk.


Hey guys! Here's chap 3! I hope its a little bit more interesting than the first two. I know things are starting slow but trust me, this will get very good soon~

Thanks again for the commenting and subscribing!!