Things out of reach.

Us Against The World: 2Jae edition.

Hey guys! So here I am with yet another fic edited to 2Jae, I hope you will like it~ As I said, it is not a typical 2Jae fic, so don't expect Jaebum b-boying or something. Youngjae will sing, and will be cute and kinda cheeky; so it shall be fun!

Anyways, enjoy!


Yellowish sun rays dye the blue firmament with shades of baby pink while the red sun hides behind the distant horizon, slowly announcing the end of this spring afternoon.  Birds fly across the sparkling sea, singing the last notes of today’s song as they quickly return to the green leafy treetops. The busy life of the big city gradually slow down when the last moments of the afternoon bring peace to every hardworking citizen, along with the cool touch of the upcoming night breeze.

Warm sunlight covertly sneaks through the dark, burgundy curtains of a quiet room; kindly illuminating the immensity of the place. Secretly they swim across tall and enormous libraries of thick, brown wood full of antique books; delicately brightening up those beautiful paintings which decorate the beige papered walls; gently caressing the fifteenth century style lounge chairs; and peacefully landing on the burgundy carpet upon the hided wooden floor.   

 But those curios sun lights also meets with the calm features of a handsome black hair man sitting in the desk in front of the crystal window. Playfully they outline his perfect, straight nose; tickling down to those full lips; sliding down and down through his slender neck; running across his chest above that white shirt; finally reaching his big, creamy hands which draws his  new idea with perfect curvy lines and exact determination on the smooth paper above the soft surface of his sophisticated desk.

Curios ray of day light follow his moves swiftly as he adds some twist of color to the black and white piece. Delightfully they outline that smile painting on his mouth ones the draws was perfectly done. Pleased with his new work he carefully stretch out on the comfortable chair, slowly lifting his sight to the clear window in front of him, watching the beautiful sunset losing itself behind the vast backyard… and those sneaky sun lights finally found those eyes jealously hidden beneath light lids: clear orbs of a sweet light brown which shine warmly at everything they place on.

To the murmur of the door opening they turn away from those yellow sun lights, seeing his little son standing there with a sadden aura embracing him. A wider smile curved up on his face at the sweet sight, and with a simple move of his hand he watches attentively how the small boy walks calmly to him. His son was the vivid memory of his younger self, mixing with the natural beauty of his mother and the innocent of his first 6 six years of life. His son was his own life, his own soul shining and breathing through those brown, pure orbs which always look out for him.

-Dad, they are late…- his son pouts cutely after his sad whine, crossing his little arms above his chest as his sweet orbs stare directivity at him.  

Jaebum just smiles a bit more, lovingly caressing those soft raven locks of his son’s little head.

-Junsu, you know they always are a little late. Just be patience, okay?- he asks softly, watching how his son sighs and nods not really willing to.

-What are you working on, daddy?- Junsu wonders then curios, standing on his tiny toes to see the paper over the tall desk.

-In the new idea I got for my next book.- Jaebum answers calmly, taking the little boy in his arms and sitting him on his lap.

-What is about?- his son wonders curios one more time, watching cutely interested his draw.

-Well, is about a little otter and a little fox. They don’t know how they could be friends because they come from different breeds, so they have to pass many obstacles.- he tells as simple as it is, leaving a kiss on his son’s soft cheek.

-Like Suk Hyun and I? Suk Hyun has brown hair and mine is black.- Junsu asks intrigued, his little adorable eyes looking up at him.

-Not exactly, son. It’s not about hair color, it’s about being different… completely different.- he tries to explains, seeing how the baby boy frowns confuse.

-But Suk Hyun and I are completely different. That’s why I didn’t like him at first.- Junsu comments somewhat irritated, the frown on his innocent face getting more noticeable.

Jaebum chuckles at his son’s adorable expression. –I thought you always liked Suk Hyun, you are best friends after all.- he says slightly amused by the way his son pouts.

-Not at first…- the little boy mumbles. –You know Suk Hyun is really nice and friendly, so everyone in kindergarten wanted to be his friend. I was really jealous because no one wanted be my friend, so I ignored him for that.- he tells, those beautiful brown orbs never turning away from his.

-If that’s so, then how is it that you two are best buddies now?- Jaebum asks curios yet still quite amused, wondering why his son never said a word about this before.

He sees with attention how a tender smile comes back to his son’s adorable face; and he sees in delight how those sweet eyes shine joyful and Junsu’s soft voice caress his ears happily.

–When noona told us to pick a seat partner, Suk Hyun picked me among all the other kids; and when they asked him why he choose me he said ‘because I want to his friend’-  

-So you stopped being jealous and accepted him?- Jaebum asks faking surprised, watching how his son nods excited.

-Of course! He wanted to be my friend of all people!- the little boy exclaims, that content smile still painted on his face. -Besides, it’s hard to say ‘no’ to Suk Hyun. He is really stubborn. The first thing he asked me was ‘stop ignoring me’- he adds, a cute serious tone ringing on his innocent voice.

Jaebum chuckles then, playfully ruffling his son’s smooth locks. –Yes, Junsu.  I’m pretty sure it was hard to stop ignoring him.- he comments sarcastic as he takes the pencil and adds some details to his draw.

He knows way too well how much Junsu loves Suk Hyun like the brother he never had.

-Dad, how is mom?- the soft voice of his son reaches his ears just then, feeling those sweet eyes looking at him calmly.

Jaebum sighs and smiles as he looks back at his adorable son. –She is fine. She says China is beautiful and that she got a panda plush for you… She misses you a lot and she can’t wait to come back.- he tells, remembering every single word Suzy said on that morning call.

-I miss mommy a lot too!- Junsu exclaims one more time, so full of energy and with that bright, adorable smile all over his baby face. -Do you miss her too, dad?- he asks then, so innocent and sweet.

An unpleasant sensation of uneasiness arises on him thanks to that question. His body feels rigid and his heart became heavy as stone knowing that he has to lie looking straight into his son’s excited eyes. It isn't precisely the nicest feeling in the world. And it makes it even worst the fact that Junsu will believe him, will trust him every single time he ensure he miss Suzy when he doesn’t even think about her; that he loves Suzy when he doesn’t even have a tiny, little place for her in his heart. 

It isn't because Suzy spent almost the whole year traveling around the world with her band rather than being at home with Junsu and him being a family that Jaebum feels so indifferent about the mother of his child.

It was just because he doesn’t love her.

“Did I ever love her…?” He wonders to himself, not really wanting an answer.

But there are innocent eyes wanting and waiting for him to answer, so he takes a deep breath to fake that everything is okay and he forces  himself to smile as decent as he can when he was about to take advantage of his own son’s pure soul. His guilty eyes find Junsu’s beautiful ones in the short distant and Jaebum mentally screams to himself to be credible.

But as soon as his tremble lips parted slightly, there’s the miraculous sound of the ring echoing wonderfully tuneful to his ears; which kill those horrible fake words before they slip out his mouth and reach the naïve heart of his baby boy. Junsu jumps off his lap excited and runs off the room saying loud and clear ‘they are here!’ that makes Jaebum feel a little –just a little- bit better. He had escaped from the uncomfortable situation and he had saved another unforgivable lie… at least for now. 

-Daddy, hurry!- He hears how Junsu  yells impatient, and a bitter chuckle pass through his dry lips as he stands up and walks out the room.

The warm sunlight coming from every single window of his home welcomes him along with the echo of Junsu’s soft voice ringing along the walls. Those curios ray of bright yellow lights follows his steps as he calmly walks down the hallway, chuckling one more time as Junsu’s mellow voice get a little irritated. Eager sunlight keeps following him passing by the white kitchen and the silent living room, gently illuminating his excited son standing by the front door. A truly loving smile paints on his face at that sight… just like a sorrowful grip on his heart remembers him all those times he lied to Junsu.

-Dad! Come, come! Hurry, hurry!- his son’s anxious voice stops him from thinking about how awful he was as a parent –again-; and instead he lets his little boy dragged him to the door with all the force Junsu has.

Taking one last glance to his excited little boy Jaebum sighs and turns his eyes to the white wood of the front door, already feeling all those bubbling sensation the person behind the door causes on him. Longing spreads along his body, making him feel anxious but nervous at the same time. His heart beats fast, sending warm waves to every point of his impatience anatomy. His palms are soaked with sweat and suddenly it’s so hard to breathe… but the curious thing was, that overall, it feels nice, very nice.

-Dad!- Junsu whines, tugging the sleeve of his shirt impatiently.

His son wouldn’t wait any longer and neither does Jaebum, clearly.

His hand move in automatic and with one swift move the door quickly opens. The natural splendor of the sunset receives him with strong yellow rays hitting right into his eyes; but what almost blinded Jaebum was that bright smile painted in those full, pink lips of the brunette, young boy standing in front of him. He barely heard Junsu and Su Hyun passing by him and going up the stairs when his eyes finally could move away from that enticing mouth up to those brown, shining orbs which make him feel even warmer than what the Sun could make him.

Geez, two years had pass since the first day he felt this way and today still he can feel all this craziness of emotions jumping around his heart just by the mare presence of this boy.

-They will forever ignore us, won’t them, hyung?- his soft voice travels to Jaebum’s ears along with the nice spring breeze, sounding so adorably amused that he could only smile and nod.

-I think so, Youngjae.- it was the first thing –which he could actually say- that came to his mind when his heart shake excited and instantly he forgot how to speak.

He must have some weird expression on his face at the moment, because the brunette boy laughs softly with that sweet, lovely voice of his that causes on Jaebum an infinite rush of tender sensations burning his skin and soul in the kindest way he has always felt along this past two years. His heart thumps fast against his chest, so fast that he believes it could explode at any instant. It hurts, but again, it’s nice… very nice. 

-Hyung, it’s something wrong?- Youngjae wonders playful, already knowing that nothing was wrong him.

At least not in the way every single human being could imagine.

Jaebum composed himself at that moment, trying to look as calm as he can handle with all those feelings twisting his heart. –Nothing to worry about, Youngjae. I’m just nervous.- he tells, giving a gentle smile.

He doesn’t have the necessity to lie to the brunette, young boy. It is all over Jaebum’s face and along this past two years Youngjae surprisingly has grown to read him like an open book. Lying to Youngjae wasn’t the smartest idea, hiding it was most likely impossible and handle it… well, handle it was starting to be a problem.

If it wasn’t already.

-Why are you nervous, hyung? Are you stuck and the deadline is close?- Youngjae asks once again, just that this time his mellow voice sound cutely worry.

Jaebum just smiles at his lovely dongsaeng, feeling kinda touch that such a busy boy like Youngjae could remember something about his boring life. It isn't because his job isn't important for him, but the fact that Youngjae remembers about it is pretty surprising. Jaebum can’t even recall when they talked about it, he just knows it was a long time ago, and here is Youngjae so worry about something completely alien to him.

Uh, there it goes another strong thump on his chest.

 -No, Youngjae. I already finished that one on time, now I’m working in a new idea.- Jaebum comments calmly, with that nice tone of voice characteristic of his calm self.

So the brunette boy frowns confused. -Then why are you nervous, hyung?- he wonders curios with his brown, deep eyes looking straight into him.

Jaebum has been left disarm in front of Youngjae. He has no sly contraption to come up with, no guilty lie and no good way to come out of that question without answering. He has no way out rather than the unforgivable true… and it is precisely the true what he wouldn’t keep inside his noisy heart any longer.

Jaebum likes Youngjae. He likes him in a way a 24 year old man shouldn’t like an 18 year old boy. 

-Well, I always get nervous when this time of the day comes…- Jaebum answers honestly, letting one of his charming smiles mischievously appear on his face.

It was the true. Part of the true, of course. Be it a day like today, when Suk Hyun comes to play with Junsu; or either in those times when he has to take his son to his best friend’s house, it was always at this time of the day. When the sun was hiding behind the mountains, dyeing the city with warm colors which creates the perfect scene to finally confess all those secrets you could have. It was at that moment when they meet, when Jaebum’s heart seems about to stop beating and at the same time it seems it will burst with tenderness.

It was in the instant his brown eyes find those sweet ones that everything feels okay, that everything falls in its right place.

That’s what makes Jaebum nervous. That just by the presence of Youngjae all what it seemed to be falling apart suddenly is… alright.

-Oh…- Youngjae’s low murmur caress his ears along with the cool wind which blows a little faster, ruffling those brown locks in a way that makes Youngjae even more adorable of what he already is. -Hyung sure knows how to use words.-

He doesn’t know what the young boy meant with that. He doesn’t even know if the young boy understood what he meant with what he said moments ago, all what he can assure is that there’s a smile curving in those enticing full lips which hides something. It is something that Jaebum may or may not misinterpret, but in that smile lies clearly the same mischievous intention of his own gentle grin.

-Youngjae! Hurry!- the effusive yell far away suddenly breaks into the somewhat intimate aura around them, and Jaebum can see two boys standing on the other side of the street waving their arms to the brunette boy.

Youngjae just sighs and rolls his eyes, not even worrying to turn to look back at them. –I have to go, hyung. BamBam and Yugyeom are waiting for me and I don’t want you to have problems with your neighbors because of me.- he says, still with that smile painted all over his cute face.

-It’s okay, Youngjae. Don’t worry.- Jaebum answers calm, yet with his typical kindness.

-Well, I’ll be come back for Suk Hyun around 8PM it’s that okay?- the brunette boy asks, his brown shining orbs never leaving those sharp but calm ones.

-As always, Youngjae.- Jaebum simply answers with a slight amused tone of voice.

-Oh, w-well… See you soon, hyung.- Youngjae says his goodbye with a curios shy ring on it, along with a rather cute smile way much different than the previous one.

Jaebum just smiles and nods at the young boy, attentively looking how those cute chubby cheeks burns in such a tender carmine tone. He watches him walking away, his detailing brown gaze delightfully running along the brunette boy’s anatomy as the sun slowly dies behind the distant horizon. The image was breathe-taking… just like surely was Youngjae’s creamy skin under his fingertips.

A long, heavy sighs slip off his dry lips once his dongsaeng was on the other side of the street. He waves his hand softly at Youngjae as he watches him walking side by side with those two boys; until eventually those brown locks are out his view and he can clench his hands in fists of pure helplessness… He knows he shouldn’t feel like this for Youngjae, he really does.

There are things out of our reach, Jaebum understands… and Youngjae is his.