The ugly selfishness of loving someone

Us Against The World: 2Jae edition.

Hours had vanished slowly along the day, while the yellow sun silently starts to hide behind the big city. The nice Friday afternoon is little by little reaching its end, as the kind spring breeze blows slightly faster, ruffling the beautiful flowers of the endless gardens of Seoul. Their sweet perfume mixing with the fresh scent of the grass spreads slowly across the busy town, filling every hidden corner with the peace of the sleepy sunset softly embracing the noisy city as minutes keeps passing by and the culmination of the first day of the weekend was imminent.

Through the intern streets of Seoul, far away from the chaotic main avenues and the crowd pedestrian, a brunette young boy calmly walks holding the little hand of his baby brother; as the nice spring wind gently caress their warm skins while the tired sun gradually falls behind the horizon.

-Youngjae…- Suk Hyun cutely calls out his brother’s name, as his innocent eyes looks up searching his hyung’s gaze.

-Let me guess, you are tired?- Youngjae mocks, placing his dark orbs on his baby brother’s adorable ones.

The little boy just smiles and nods, stopping and stretching out his short arms to his brother. –Lift me up~- he says, as his lips frowns in a cute pout.

-Suk Hyun…- the brunette boy whines tired then, making a little pout as well.

-Lift me up!- his little brother whines louder, making Youngjae roll his eyes and sigh long, finally taking his baby brother in his arms.

-Happy?- he asks somewhat annoyed, watching how Suk Hyun nods smiling wide as he starts to walk again.

-A lot!- the baby boy exclaims joyful, giving to his older brother a sweet hug which quickly made the brunette boy smile as well.

-So, are you anxious to play with Junsu?- Youngjae wonders curios, feeling Suk Hyun’s soft cheek pressing against his plump one.

-Of course! It’s so long since the last time we played together.- the little boy comments slightly sad, yet still his voice was fill with excitement.

-Yeah, sorry about that…- the brunette boy shyly apologizes, knowing that because of him the two best friends didn’t played this whole week.

-It’s okay, hyung was busy studying and I want hyung to do well in school.- Suk Hyun sweetly comments, giving to his older brother a tender kiss on the cheek.

And Youngjae felt like crying at how lovely his baby brother is.

-Thank you, little punk.- he playfully says, making the younger boy giggle. –Study is over for now, so you can play with Junsu all you want!- he adds, feeling how his little brother hugs him tighter.

-Yay!- Suk Hyun exclaims happily. –And now Youngjae can talk with Jaebum hyung again too.- he comments innocently, making his older brother blush mildly.

-Y-yeah… It had been a long time since I talked with hyung.- Youngjae mumbles somewhat embarrassed, remembering that day when finally kissed the older man and got an answer for that question he never made but which it was killing him inside with worry.

But it had to happen right before all the waterfall of exams came.

He had been so deep into the dreamy moment he lived and thinking about what all those kisses meant that when Sunday morning came just then he realized that week was going to be a living hell at school. Not only he had exams to make and projects to present, but also tons and tons of homework he had left to do at last minute, so typical of his persona. The brunette boy found himself cornered by the cruel reality, and feeling how his heart ached with loneliness he took his phone and called his hyung, shyly explaining he wasn’t going to be able to take Suk Hyun to play with Junsu that week. He stills remembers Jaebum’s sweet voice saying that it was okay, that he understood it perfectly, that he was going to miss him.

And Youngjae still remembers how fast his heart beat at those simple but full of meaning words

“I can’t wait to see him!” he thinks excited, already feeling his face heating up in a mild blush.

-Hyung! Hurry, the house it’s just there!- Suk Hyun cutely whines, shaking him a little as he unconsciously slower down his walking.

-U-uh, yeah, sorry I was thinking about something.- the brunette boy mumbles embarrass, looking at his little brother who rolls his eyes at him.

-Just hurry!- the little boy whines impatient, letting a wide smile paint upon his lips as his older brother finally reaches his best friend’s house and rings the bell without wasting time.

It only took a second to Youngjae to put his little brother down on the ground, just like it took at second for his heart to start jumping around in his chest. He was nervous, awfully nervous and anxious of what will happen when Junsu and Suk Hyun run up the stairs and he and Jaebum would be all alone once again. Youngjae can feel his breathing getting heavier and irregular, he can feel his heart beating faster, he can feel his hands sweating, and he can feel his freaking face burning in the most obvious blush. He just needs to calm down.

But when the door in front of him opens showing a brown haired woman smiling nicely, he felt his blood stopped running in his system for a moment.

-Yes? Can I help you?- She wonders, her sweet voice ringing noisily in the boy’s ears.

-Ummm… I think I… have the wrong address…- Youngjae mumbles bewildered; knowing that it was a lie and this was indeed Jaebum’s house.

-Hyung, Suk Hyun, you came!- but when Junsu’s smiley face suddenly pop out from behind that lady, Youngjae begged to Heaven for this to be a joke.

But he knows it isn’t, and he feels his heart going numb.

-Oh my God Junsu, they are the boys you were talking about?- she asks to the little boy, her disgusting smile getting wider as Junsu nods excited.

-Yup! He is my best friend Suk Hyun, and this is Otter hyung!- the brown haired baby tells joyful, giving to his friend a tight hug as they giggle at the name they both choose to mock him.

-Otter hyung ?- the woman wonders slightly amused, looking back at the brunette boy with such an ugly smirk.

Youngjae suddenly dray lips had already part to explain to this woman –in the kindest tone he can manage to fake- the odd pet name when out of nowhere his name echoes around the house, trailing off a pair of plump lips and making his heart skip a painful beat. Inside the dimly illuminated hallway his teary dark eyes meet with brown, worry ones; as Jaebum slowly walks closer to the front door where they were standing.

-Oh honey, you startled me.- she says with a nervous laugh, quickly having her claws closing around the older man’s arm. -Did you say his name is… Youngjae?- she wonders, being so unbearably sweet.

-Yes, his name is Youngjae.- Jaebum softly says, making the young  boy shiver as those deep brown orbs look right into his nervous ones.

-I-It’s nice to meet you…- Youngjae shyly bows to her, holding back all those tears gathering at the edge of his eyes.

-It’s nice to meet you too, Youngjae. I’m Suzy.- she tells, way too sweet yet again. –But please come inside, it’s getting chilly out there.- she gently invites them, moving aside so he and Suk Hyun would walk inside the homey house.

-Mommy~ Can Suk Hyun and I go upstairs to play?- Junsu’s cutely wonder to his mother, surprising Youngjae a lot because those two never asked something like that before.

-Sure baby, but don’t be too loud okay?- she sweetly tells to the little boy, who simply nodded at her before running up the stairs along with Suk Hyun. -Aren’t they so cute?- she wonders amused as the two boys were gone, clinging to the black hair man once again.

And there’s no need to say how annoyed Youngjae feels by it.

-Youngjae, do you want some orange juice? I’ve just made some.- Suzy nicely offers, her lovely smile getting stupidly wider.

-Ummm well, I have some homework to do…- He awkwardly starts to reject the offer, because he rather swim in boiling water than spend another minute there.

-But it’s Friday, you can do your homework tomorrow or on Sunday.  Come on, I promise that orange juice will be the best you ever had.- she insists, so annoyingly friendly and still clinging to his Jaebum.

-Well, ummm…- he mumbles without knowing how to get out of this situation, but when his eyes meet with Jaebum’s warm orbs he just wanted to stay a little longer to see him.

It has been so long after all.

-Okay…- he shyly accepts, feeling his cheeks burning in embarrassment as his hyung gives him a secret smile.

-Terrific! Come, let’s go to the kitchen.- Suzy says excited, suddenly grabbing his hand and dragging him to the room without even let him walk property; as he hears his hyung’s steps following them.

Once the somewhat soft hand of that woman was away from his shaking one Youngjae stands there silently, watching how Suzy pours the bright orange juice into a glass. He couldn’t help but detail her face, obviously beautiful; her well-shaped body and her nice taste on clothes… and even if she is kinda annoying to him, he can understand why Jaebum felt attracted to her in the first place.

Could it be that Jaebum still looks at her like that?

“No, no, no! He likes me, right?” the brunette boy thinks uneasy, seeing how the black haired man leans against the kitchen counter; his warm gaze never leaving him.

And his heart flutters happy just because of that.

-Here you have, Youngjae.- to the sound of Suzy’s voice talking to him Youngjae’s brown eyes quickly place on the woman in front of him, taking the glass of orange juice as he bows a little to the lady.

-So, how is it?- she wonders as he takes the first sip, smiling so friendly it makes his stomach whirl disgusted.

-Mmm… sweet…- he smiles awkwardly, but Suzy seems to not notice it as she smiles back at him pleased.   

-I’m glad!- she says, sounding too loud for Youngjae’s like. –So Youngjae, tell me something about you. Junsu seems to like you a lot.- she comments with a curios serious tone ringing in her words.

-Oh, he does?- he wonders surprised, seeing how the brown haired woman nods as she drinks a little more of the cold beverage.

-Yes, I arrived about two days ago and all what he had been talking about its Suk Hyun and you. He loves you like his own older brother.- she comments softly, as her clear eyes shine with affection.

-Well, I do feel Junsu is like my second little brother.- Youngjae chuckles calmly, remembering all the good time he spend with the little boys. –My parents are most of the time busy because of work, so I am the one who is always around when Junsu comes home. He is such a sweet boy and he match perfectly with Suk Hyun; so the three of us always have a great time.-      

 -That’s so sweet.- Suzy mumbles with a truly warm smile. –It’s amazing that you have a strong bond with you little brother when you are much older than him. Most of brother relationships are not like that.- she comments, sounding somewhat sorrowful.

-Yeah… but, like I said, mom and dad are always working.  It has always been like that so I’ve take care of Suk Hyun since he was a baby, it have always been just the two of us.- Youngjae tells as his heart fills with the strong love for his little brother. –Besides, he is my baby brother; he is one of the few people I truly love.- he adds, letting a cute smile curve upon his lips.

-Oh Youngjae! You are an amazing older brother.- the brown haired woman says touched, and Youngjae had to take another sip of his drink or he could’ve laugh out loud because of how cheesy she looks.

-But you said Suk Hyun is one of the few people you love… might I ask if there’s some girl you like?- and then she asks, so obviously nosy that he had to hold back himself from rolling his eyes.

-Well…- the brunette boy was just about to deny it politely when his dark eyes meet with a pair of deep brown ones staring at him from a short distance; looking pretty curios of what he will say.

And so a sly smirk paints on his pink lips.

-… Yes, there is someone I like.- he confesses confident, watching how Jaebum’s brown eyes open slightly wider in surprised because of his bold answer.

-Oh my God! That’s so excited!- Youngjae hears how Suzy squeals like a crazy fangirl, but not even that annoying sound could make his eyes turn away from Jaebum’s lips smirking back at him.

Oh damn him, he is so hot.

-Tell me more about it! Did you confess to her?- the infuriating woman asks curios, leaning against the kitchen’s counter besides the older man.

-Well…- he mumbles doubtful, finally placing his gaze on those feminine eyes. –We had this conversation and we kinda confessed… then we kissed, twice, but I had to go so she told me we have to talk about it but… doesn’t those kisses say it all?- he wonders confident, but still his cheeks burned in embarrassment.

-Awww! Yes, of course it says it all! She is totally hells over head for you!- Suzy comments excited, smiling so wide that Youngjae thinks her face must be hurting pretty much.

-Do you think so? But how can I be so sure?- he asks faking doubt, biting back that smirk which couldn’t leave his lips.

-Did she say something like so obviously revealing?- she wonders even more curios, and the brunette boy can see her big eyes shining anxious.

-Revealing? Ummm…- Youngjae thinks in Jaebum’s words, taking quick glances to the older man who looks somewhat impatient. –She asked me if she can kiss me again.- he comments, remembering the way Jaebum seduced him that time.

-OH MY GOD!- Suzy squeals loudly at his answer, being so freaking exaggerated. -She definitely likes you! I tell you Youngjae, she is hells over head for you; trust me!- she ensures excited, her crazy smile getting hideously wider.

-Oh, well, if noona says so…- the brunette boy simply smiles, hearing the lady squealing a little more.

But it was tolerable until Suzy clinged to Jaebum’s arm again.

-Honey, isn’t it nostalgic? Two teenagers falling in love, do you remember when you confessed to me in high school?- she wonders, looking lovingly to the black haired man besides her.

-Uh, yeah… that was embarrassing.- Jaebum mumbles simple words, yet still his voice sounds so warm and soft as always.

-Jaebumie have always had some weird way with words, so understanding what he wanted to say was pretty funny.- Suzy tells slightly amused, looking back at the brunette boy who just stands there looking at them. –But in the end he said it, and it was so romantic.- she adds, leaning closer to the older man… and quickly stealing a peck from the distracted man.

And the brunette boy had to clench his fists tight to not push her away from his Jaebum.

-Uh… sounds like a lovely story.- Youngjae falsely smiles, feeling how his heart aches at sight of that mouth kissing those lips he had also own one time.

-It is, indeed.- Suzy happily nods. –Just like our first date…- she adds excited, and she was so ready to tell a new heartbreaking story when Junsu’s cute voice suddenly echoes around the big house.

-Mommy! Can you bring us something to eat, please~?!-

To the sound of the little boy’s mellow voice the woman sighs with a smile, quickly taking a pair of glasses and filling them with the sweet orange juice.

–That son of yours is always hungry.- she comments amused to the black haired man, as she takes out the oven a plate full with cookies and put everything on a tray. –I will be right back~- she says nicely, carefully walking out the kitchen and upstairs.

And in the minute her long brown hair was out the view, Youngjae only had to take short steps to kiss that plump mouth after so long.

In the instant their lips touched, electricity run nicely around his body and the brunette boy wouldn’t help but want more the addictive sensation. His hands lie upon the older man’s strong chest, tugging the soft white shirt under his fingertips to pull Jaebum closer; feeling those warm hands holding his waist and making him moan mildly into the sweet kiss as long fingers seductively slid up his back. The breathe-taking friction between their anxious mouths was blurring his mind until the point all he can concentrate in were those sinful lips making his own swollen, in those playful teeth nibbling his bottom lip, and in that naughty tongue sliding into his mouth and making every part of his body burn with desire.

It feels so delightfully wrong.

-Hyung…- Youngjae murmurs as he pulls away, seeing how Jaebum searches to kiss his lips again but he doesn’t let him. –Don’t let her kiss you again.- he whispers, almost like whining hiss, as his shining eyes meet with those darken brown orbs.

-I’m sorry, I was too focused on looking at you… she caught me by surprise.- Jaebum mumbles slow, his warm and soft voice sounding so damn seductive in the boy’s ears.

-I-I know… but still…- he murmurs once again as he pouts, feeling his plump cheeks blushing strongly.

And he knows he must look like the center of the sun as Jaebum smirks at him.

-You look so cute when you are jealous.- he then whispers against the brunette boy’s red cheek, making him tremble just by the sensation of those plump lips ghosting over his skin.

-T-that’s because you are mine… right?- Youngjae mumbles nervous as he softly turns his face, seeing shyly into those brown, deep eyes.

-Well, I’m definitely not hers.- Jaebum murmurs secretly, that y smirk still gracing his handsome face.

And so a smirk paints itself upon Youngjae’s mouth. –Uh, hyung really knows how to use words.-he whispers playfully, as he feels now Jaebum leans closer letting their swollen lips brush against each other.

But before their yearning mouths could meet in a new, sweet kiss the sound of high heels walking upstairs force them to pull far away.

-Oh my, those two are just so cute!- and just in time Suzy walks down the stairs. –They wanted me to stay and play with them, but I couldn’t leave you Youngjae with this old man.- she comments somewhat amused, leaving the tray upon the kitchen counter.

-It’s okay… hyung and I are really good friends.- the brunette boy smiles cutely to the brown haired woman, trying to fight back a mocking smirk to curve up in his lips.

-Oh, that’s so nice. Jaebumie doesn’t have much friends and I can’t be with him all the time; so thank you for take care of him Youngjae.- she naively says, giving him a sweet thankful smile.

-You don’t have to, noona. I love spending time with hyung.- he comments, faking to be the cute dongsaeng again; as his eyes quickly take a glance of his smirking hyung.

Finding those deep eyes staring at him with such a gaze Youngjae feels his body heating up quickly.

-I- I should get going now…- he nervously says, turning his embarrassed eyes away to look back at the innocent lady in front of him.

-Oh that’s such a shame.- Suzy bemoans so honestly. –Come, I will accompanying you to the door.- she sweetly says, taking one of his sweaty hands and dragging him to the front door.

-Uh, t-than you noona… ummm… for the orange juice too.- Youngjae awkwardly mumbles as he finally step out the house, feeling Jaebum’s brown orbs still looking at him.

-You are welcome, sweetie. Please come whenever you want, I’m sure Jaebumie will be more than glad to have you here.- she tells nicely, giving him one of those disgusting smiles.

And Youngjae doesn’t dare to look back at him.

-Sure, I will be more than glad to spend some time with Youngjae.- Jaebum gently says, making the young boy’s heart flutter anxious.

-O-okay, t-thank you!- was all what he could stutter as the fresh memory of that last kiss makes his body yearn to be in Jaebum’s arms again.

Upon the noisy sound of his heart beating hard inside his chest and his breathing becoming alarmingly irregular Youngjae quickly turns around to leave, while the last instant of the sunset hits right into his brown eyes and the cool spring breeze caress his much warmer skin as he walks as fast as his tremble legs let him through the calm streets; feeling his heartbeat painfully racing at each step he takes away from the older man.

Because that sensation of wanting to be with Jaebum had become so selfishly strong that now he wants everything of Jaebum for himself.


These two are so sneaky, poor Suzy!! :P

Thanks again for all your sweet comments, I'm really happy that you are all enjoying this ^^