chapter 9

Love & Valor

3:30 am

 

mongae apartment

 

Gary stir around on the bed. He is lying down on the with jihyo beside him. She is already in her dreamland. But gary is not. He can't sleep. No matter how much he try close his eyes. He can't. Its been 5 days since choiza's death. His mind is still wondering about the assassin. He heard from sukjin that, the man is laying low now. He is in hiding. It mean chance of finding him is getting really slim or in other word impossible. Gary sigh thinking of the thought. He try to dismiss the thought by closing his eyes and hoping he that will fall to sleep. To disappointment, it is not working. Gary open his eyes again. He turn his body to the person whose sleeping beside him. He saw jihyo sleep peacefully beside him. Some of her hair fall on her face as she sleep. Gary push the strands of hair by using his finger. Gary do it slowly trying not to wake her up. “She look really beautiful even when she is sleeping.” Gary thought to himself. A little smile creep on his lips. He always thought jihyo is the most beautiful when she sleep. Then another thought come to his mind. “i need to protect her”. Gary look at jihyo for a while before he get himself out off the bed, he suddenly feel thirsty. He walk to the kitchen and get himself a glass of water. After finish with his drink, he decide to sit at the corridor for a while. He want to get some fresh air, to remove all the thought that has been in his mind. He stand at the corridor for a long good minutes, admiring the view of han river and night sky. It bring him a little peace. But then, another thought come to his mind. He remember the day of the funeral. He remember everybody is wearing black attire to mourn his friend death. He remember seeing choiza's mother broke down crying when she saw his one and only son in the coffin. He remember how his little sister try comfort her mother even when she too also full of tears. Gary then remember the look of his father. He remember how his father stood beside choiza's crying mom. He look calm at the time, but his eyes is so full of sadness. Full of frustration. Gary know, even if he look calm at the time, he knows that the man's heart must be crushed into pieces. How can he not, how can someone feel when seeing his beloved son has to go before him. Gary then begin to remember, choiza's family never knew what he really do for a living. They always thought that their son is some kind of computer engineer who work at a huge company while the man actually do so much more than that. If only they knew how much their son sacrifice himself. Gary sigh at the thought. He then begin to think, what if he is in choiza's place. What if he is the one who is dead. Would anybody mourn for his death. Maybe jihyo would but is there anyone else would. He has no body else. His family is all gone long time ago. Too long that he even forget how they look like. Jihyo is the only family he has now.

 

Suddenly gary feel like a pair of hand wrap around his body. From the touch of it, he knew who it was. He doesn't need to turn his head to look at the person. He know it is jihyo's. He then feel a kiss on his back. He then feel her head resting on his back. He smile knowing his beloved girlfriend is always there for him. “why aren't you sleeping oppa? Is something bothering you” jihyo ask him in a concern voice. “ani. I just want to get some fresh air. That's all” gary said trying not to worry her. “Oppa..? I told you right” gary chuckle to himself when he hear jihyo's questioning tone. Gary know she want another answer. Not the answer he always give to her when he doesn't want her to worry about him. She want a real answer. Gary begin to wonder, why did he even try to hide it from her. She know him the best. Gary turn his body to face jihyo. He look at her in the eyes. He can see she still waiting for him to give a better answer for her question. “i just remember about choiza's funeral.” jihyo nod her head. Jihyo pull gary into her embrace and hug him, she want to comfort him. She know gary is still sad by his friend's death. She remember how gary body went stiff when he saw his friend's body being buried into the ground. Jihyo held his hand tightly to calm him down at the time. She then remember when she see gary and his friends gather around after the funeral. She was inside the car at that time. From the car, she look at them. She saw about five of them talking to her boyfriend. One of them is a woman. She seem younger than her. Jihyo didn't know any of them except for gil. But she can see that all of them are really close to her boyfriend. Jihyo break the memory she is having. She look at gary in the eyes. She want to cheer him up. She want him to forget the sad memory for a while. “oppa, do you want to do something else? Do you want to watch a movie or something” she ask gary suggestively. She hope he would agree to do something to distract his mind from the tragic memory for a while. Gary smile looking at her. He smile when he see her try to encourage him. Seeing the effort jihyo make, gary thought that he should at least try to forget all of the sad memory for a while. He cannot always make her worry about him all the time. Besides, he need to move on. Yes he will still find the killer, he will not let choiza die in vain. But he will not continue to be a pathetic and make jihyo worry about him all the time. He promise himself before to make jihyo happy and that's what he's gonna do. He give her a smile and a peck on her lips “come lets play a video game” he said while pulling her inside the house. Jihyo follow him happily into the living room. She sat on the sofa while waiting for gary to choose which game he want to play. Gary decide on a shooting type of game. They enjoy playing the game together. Jihyo will scream excitedly every time she saw a bad guy and shot at them like crazy. Gary on the other hand laugh out loud by his girlfriend cute action. The play for god know how long before they exhaust themselves. After that, they cuddle on the sofa together. They enjoy their time together feeling happy to have each other. Jihyo fell asleep first followed by gary. Before he closed his eyes, he mumble to himself. “thank you songjihyo. I love you so much” he then join her in the dreamland.

 

 

Next day

 

RM Lawfirm

 

Jongki is in the elevator. He just finish his meeting with jongkook and HaHa. Ever since the day jongkook taking away his daily meeting with jihyo, he didn't see her anymore. Jongkook tell him that jihyo is busy with other case right now. So she can't take care of jongki's case for a moment. That's why she ask jongkook to help her take care of it for a while. They even replace her with another lawyer, HaHa. They told him that HaHa is also part of the team and also as good as jihyo. So it wouldn't be a problem for him to handle the case while jihyo is unavailable. Jongki sigh, the problem is not the case. The problem is not the lawyer. The problem is he wasn't able to see her. He don't want any other lawyer to replace jihyo. Not that HaHa and jongkook are incompetence, they are really good. It just that he miss the time he spend with jihyo. Even if most of the time he just stare at her while she is focusing with her work. Although jhyo said she is already attached to someone, it doesn't stop jongki to come to her. Yes she is in a serious relationship with a guy name kang gary but they are not married yet. So he just told himself that he still has chance with her. He has decided, he will take his time to get closer to her, and win her heart. Jongki reach the ground floor. He walk out of the elevator and pass through the lobby. He head himself toward the front door. As he is about to leave the building. His eyes caught a view he don't like. He stop his movement and continue to look at what he just saw. He saw jihyo walk out of the passenger seat of a white car, bently. She then walk herself to the driver side and the window slide down opened as she reach the door. Jongki saw kang gary sitting in the driver's seat. Jihyo smile happily while talking to him. Then few second later, she bend down for a kiss with her boyfriend before bid each other good bye. As she about to walk away, gary call her again “jihyo-ah”. Jongki saw jihyo turn around upon being called. “i'll fetch you later okay. I love you” gary said to jihyo. Jongki saw jihyo nod while smiling happily. She give gary a flying kiss before she went into the building by herself. After few moment gary drive away. Anger and jealousy creep into jongki's heart upon witnessing their romantic moment together. He grab his fist tightly trying to control his anger. His mind is already planning what he should do next.

 

Inside the RM Lawfirm

 

Jihyo just arrive at her office. She enter her room and make herself comfortable on her chair. Just as she about to turn her laptop on, a knock coming from the door. She look at the door and see HaHa and jongkook at her door. She greet them and invite them to come in. “oh jongkook oppa, HaHa oppa, come in”. They gladly accept her invitation and make their way to seat on the chairs in front of jihyo. “you're late!!” HaHa tell hear with a teasing voice. “i'm sorry oppa” jihyo immediately apologize. Both of them smile looking at her. “it's okay. We understand. You nee to take care of your boyfriend. Anyway, how's gary now” jongkook reply to her with a smile on his face. They all know about what happen to gary. Jihyo told them. They feel sorry for him. They wish they can help him forgot about the tragic event. Jihyo nod her head while speak up. “he's better now oppa. He's not fully alright yet but he is getting better. Thanks for caring about him oppa” “aniya. Of course we care jihyo-ah. He's like a brother to us.” jongkook said to her again. “and thank you for taking over the case HaHa oppa” she express her gratitude to HaHa for helping her out. Actually she feel thankful to all of them for being supportive with her relationship with gary. “of course we will help. Beside I don't like it too when you spend too much time with that guy while knowing for fact he has feeling for you” HaHa said to her in a very caring voice. HaHa is always helpful to her. Even though he always tease jihyo and gary private moment together, but when they are having problem or need help, he will always do his best to help them. Behind his exterior childish attitude, he is very responsible and mature man. That why his wife, Byul begin to fall in love with him in the first place. He can be playful as he want, but when the time come, he will take matter seriously. “thank you oppa” Jihyo doesn't know what else to say. So she keep on thanking them repeatedly. “enough with the thank you. Why don't you just give us a treat for lunch today. Besides i'm hungry” HaHa said while touching his belly. Jihyo laugh at him. “okay oppa, i'll treat you guys for lunch today.” HaHa is happy to hear that. He already brain storming what he should have for lunch today knowing that someone else is paying for him. Jihyo just shook his head while looking at him. After a while he stop thinking and begin to speak up to him again. “oh jihyo-ah before I forgot. About gary hyung, why don't you guys for a vacation for a while.” “vacation?” she ask confused. She look at both of the man with a Mong face. The two man laugh at her expression. HaHa then begin to speak up again “yeah vacation. At least gary can clear his thought for a while and I think is good for you too. You guys can spend a lot of time together as a couple” “yeah I think that's a good idea jihyo-ah” jongkook add up agreeing to HaHa's suggestion. Jihyo seem to be thingking for a while “but what about my work oppa?” she ask them worrying if just take a leave, it will burden her team. “don't worry about that. We will take care of it. What important now is gary hyung. Right?” HaHa said trying to reassure her. jongkook nod his head agreeing to HaHa. But jihyo still seems to be reluctant. Seeing that, jongkook speak up “its okay. Take your time and think about it. We just want the best for both of you. That's all” jihyo smile upon hearing that. “arasso oppa. i'll think about it. Thank you so much oppa” she reply to them with a grateful smile.

 

 

That evening

 

Gary arrive in front of jihyo's building. He is fetching her from work. He park his car in front of the builiding and begin to call jihyo. “ah jihyo-ah. I already arrive.” gary speak up through the phone once she pick it up. “okay oppa. i'm coming down now. I love you oppa” she reply to him before hung up the phone. Jihyo then make herself out of her office and went to gary who is already waiting for her. Upon reaching the car. She tap on the window. Gary who saw her gladly unlocked the door to let her in. Once she seat herself on the passenger seat, they pull each other for a kiss. It is only suppose to be a short kiss, but gary decide to prolong it. Gary lean on to jihyo's while holding both her cheek with of his hands. Jihyo gladly accept the kiss and open to invite gary's tongue to explore . Gary gladly slide his tongue into jihyo's mouth and explore with it. They roll their tongue on each other while smiling in between the kiss. After a while they break the kiss slowly. Both are blushing hard from the sensual kiss. “i love you” gary tell her slowly. His voice is so full of love for her. She melt right away from hearing him. “i love you too oppa”. Gary begin to start the car and drive away from the building.

 

On their way back, they stop at a restaurant to have dinner together. It is not a luxurious restaurant. It is a simple restaurant but they still feel the atmosphere is romantic, because they have each other. For them, that's the most important thing. It doesn't matter where they are as long as they are together, it will bring them the most happiness. While eating, jihyo bring up HaHa's suggestion for them to have a vacation. “oppa. i've been thinking. Why don't we go for a vacation for while.” she try to tell the idea to gary. “what?” gary is a bit shock by the sudden request. Its not like he don't want it. Of course he love the idea of having a vacation with her. Being alone with her, having romantic moment with her, of course he want it. But he is still thinking about his job and the killer. He cannot rest himself until he found him. Seeing that gary is taking too long to give his answer, jihyo try to persuade him again. “i think now is the right time oppa. you're between project right. That mean your not too busy. Besides I want you to relax yourselves for a bit oppa. you seem so stressful lately” she really hope gary would agree with her. Gary begin to speak up. He hold her hand as he speak. He doesn't want her to get any wrong idea “its not like I don't want to jihyo-ah. Believe me, I want too but..” “its okay oppa. I understand” jihyo cut him off before he could finish talking. Gary look at her. She is pouting. Gary know he has offended her. He feel guilty to her. She have been patient to him all this while. She always support him when he was grieving over his friend's death. He regret for what he just did. He love her so much and he want to give everything to her. They continue finishing their dinner quietly. The romantic atmosphere they were having before turn gloomy now. As they finish with their dinner, they continue to drive their way home. Jihyo is quiet in the car. Not a single word come out from he mouth. Gary know she is upset. Gary try to reach for her hand but she pull away. Jihyo is hurt. All she want to do is to help gary get better. She doesn't want him to continue being sad and continue to grieve over his friend. She doesn't want him to wake up at middle of night a thinking by himself. She want her cheeky and naughty boyfriend back. She want her gary to be romantic again, be playful with her again. She miss that gary. That's why she feel hurt when he refuse on her suggestion whilst it is only to help him. As she is in her deep thought, gary speak up. “what about prague?” he ask her. “what?” she ask him confuse. She look at him with a Mong look. She don't get what he is trying to say. “i said what if we go to prague”. Jihyo understand what he mean now. He is asking her for a trip to prague. Jihyo try to hold herself from giving in to gary that easily. But she can't help herself from smiling to him suggestion. “really oppa!!” she ask excitedly. Gary nod to her. Can't resist her happiness, she went to him and give him a big hug while he was still driving. “jihyo-ah. Careful. I'm driving” gary said to her fearing of any danger that might happen if he is not concentrating on the driving. “sorry oppa. I just got too excited. I love you kang gary” she said to him excitedly while giving him a kiss on the cheek. Gary smile upon her action. He felt relieve he manage to make his baby happy again. Jihyo on the other hand feel really excited. She never expect it. She only thought of having a short trip to Busan or Jeju with him but she get better than she hope. They're going to europe together and she can't wait for it. It's their first trip oversea together. Even though gary has been in overseas for numbers of time due to his works, he never once bring jihyo with him before. But this time they are going to enjoy themselves together in one the most romantic city on earth. Jihyo feel so happy she can't stop herself from smiling along the way home..

 

To be continue...

 

hope you guys.. enjoy this chapter..