chapter 30

Love & Valor

 

Cheorwon Military Base

 

Gary stare at the ceiling of his room. He tries to close his eyes again. But to no vail. He still can’t let himself enter the dreamland. He rolls his body on the bed for more comfortable position. He closes his eyes again, hoping to fall asleep this time. After minutes of forcing his eyes to remain close, he opens it again reluctantly. Gary sigh to himself as he glances at the clock that is hanging on the wall. It’s already 3:30 in the morning. It’s been three hours since he lies himself on the bed, and yet he fails to at least catch a little nap. He can’t sleep. Every time he tries to close his eyes, the scene of jongkook and jihyo keep replaying in his mind. Gary feels a hard prick into his chest every time he recalls what happen. Every time he remembers seeing her lips went to somebody else, gary feels pain in his heart. He feels like dying. Gary curse himself for feeling that way. He know himself, it’s better for jihyo to see someone else. It’s better for her if she forgets about him. She need to move on. So does he. And yet when he saw it with his own eyes, he can’t help himself from feeling suffocating. He wants so much to go to her again, to be with her, but he can’t. Gary tries his best to fight his bleeding heart. But the more he tries to fight it, the more painful it gets. It’s too painful he didn’t even notice his eyes begin tearing. Tears begin to roll from his eyes as he feels his heart crushed. “you have to let go gary-ah…you have to let her go…” gary tries to reason in his tears and yet it just makes him tearing even more.

Ring!!!...

The sudden ring of his phone suddenly wakes gary up from his solemn thought. He brings his hand to wipe the tears on his cheek as he reaches for the phone. Not wanting whoever is calling him in the middle of the night knows what he’s been up to. Gary clear his throat to allow him to talk more clearly. Gary looks at the number on his phone. He frowns as he sees the caller ID. It’s sukjin. “why would he call out of sudden?”. Gary feels weird. But he brushes the weird feeling away, thinking that sukjin might be calling him to the discus about the matters they talked about last time, under the Han river bridge. Gary swipes his finger on the phone to answer the call. “hello?” gary greet the caller politely. “gary-ah…” gary can hear sukjin’s voice from the phone. “yes hyung?” gary ask waiting for his superior to continue. But there is no reply from him. Gary feels something is off. He can hear Sukjin heavy breathing through the phone. He knows something is not right. He suddenly feels restless. “hyung?” gary calls on sukjin after the older man been quiet for too long. “what happen hyung?”. “it’s…gil…” sukjin finally speak with stuttering voice. “what are you talking about?” gary ask again not quit understand what the older man trying to say to him. “it’s gil gary-ah…he’s been attacked…” sukjin finally said it off, letting out the words heavily. “what?!!” gary asks in shock, slightly raising his voice to the phone. Too shock to know his dearest friends has been attack. “gary-ah calm down. Just stay where you are? You coming here will only make things worse. Let me handle this. I’ll call you once…” gary hung up the phone, cutting sukjin words. He doesn’t want to hear that from sukjin. His best friend, who is like a brother to him just been attack. He can’t just seat around anymore. He needs to end this already. First choiza and now gil. Gary curse to himself, angry to himself for letting his friend taken bullets for him while he’s in hiding. He had enough of this. He can’t wait anymore. He wants to end this. “I had enough of this . it!!! If you want me. Come and get me. I won’t be hiding anymore” gary said to himself as he walks to his drawer, bringing out his gun and rifle. There are some grenades too. He put all of his weapon into his black bag. It’s like he’s getting ready to go to war. Gary hang the bag on his back and walk out through the door. He had his game face on, ready to kill.

 

“I just make things worst” sukjin said as he looks at his phone deeply. He knows what gary is up to. He knows he’s going to come back no matter what. He know’s gary going to take matters into his own hand. He regrets at his action earlier, for calling gary. He just thought of telling him about gil, because he knows how close gary and gil are. He thought gary should know what happen to gil. They are like brothers. But he regrets for not thinking what’s going to happen if he makes the call. Gary is too valueable. He can't let his enemy get to him. He needs to stop gary, for whatever his plan is. Sukjin sigh as he looks at his agents from his chair. Gaeko, SimonD, Jungin and Jungchi are there too, including numbers of other agents. “deploy every agent. Wait for every enterance. Every bus stops, every train station and every freeway. Once you get eyes on gary. Arrest him. We need to stop him before he makes things worse”. “yes sir!!!” every agent said unison, understanding the order. Even gary and gil’s team. The seems reluctant but they know what they have to do. They know the reason why sukjin did this. Besides it’s better if they’re the one who get gary. At least they won’t blindly shots at gary if he decides not to surrender. They can bring him in calmly.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That night

10:00 pm

K hospital

 

A window of room slides open slowly. Once it open, a pair of hands begin to climb into the room. After a while, a man manages to enter the room. The room is quit dark, as the main light is off. The man walks further into the room. The sight breaks his heart. Gary knows well what sukjin upto. He knows Sukjin will send an army to find him, to stop him. But gary doesn’t care anymore. It’s time for him to do what’s he’s been trained for years, to stop hiding and start to fight like a real spy. Gary saw gil lie on the bed, lifelessly. He has oxygen mask on his face with IV line at the back of his head. There are machines monitoring his vitals. There are also few bandages covering his hands and legs. Unknowingly, gary form a fist. Anger built into him as he saw what happen to his friends. He wants to know whose responsible for this. He can’t wait to make them pay for what he did to his friend. Gary take a seat beside the bed. He reaches his buddy’s hand. As if gil know he’s there. His hand start moving, holding gary’s hand thight. “gary-ah…” gil begin to speak heavily in his mask. His eyes are still close though. “gil? You’re awake?” gary speak up. Shock yet happy to hear from his friend. “gary-ah…”. “do you want me to call a doctor?” gary ask excitedly as he saw his friend begin to wake up. “No!!!...I need to talk to you…” gil said stopping gary. Gary halt himself, waiting for his friends to continue. He can see how gil struggle to speak up as he breath heavily in between his words. “jihyo…” gary frown as he hears the mention of jihyo. And yet he just waits patiently for his friend to continue. “jihyo…jihyo is in danger…” gil finally manage to speak up. Gary’s eyes wide open as he hears that, too shock from hearing what gil just said. “jong…ki…it’s song…jong…ki” gil finally manage to let it out. He finally manages to let gary know about the file he was about to send to sukjn, before the explosion happen. Gary feels his heart stop. His head getting heavy. He can feel his heart beating hard from the sudden revelation. He’s shock to know the person whose he looking for, the person whose responsible for his friend death has been under his nose all this while. He curses himself for being careless. He curses himself for letting the man approach jihyo. He knows very well how in danger jihyo is now. It’s only a matter of time before that bastard get to her. Gary needs to find her now. He need to protect her now.  Gary bid his goodbye to gil and went off through the window, not wanting anyone else besides gil to see him. “good luck gary ah…I wish I can help you…” gil thought to himself as he saw gary jumps out through the window.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Same night

11:30 pm

Mongae apartment

 

Jihyo get off her car once she stops the engine. She just parks her car in the parking lot. She brings along her handbag and other things as she begins to walk away from her car. Jihyo sighs of what happen at her works today. She’s been awkward with jongkook. She been avoiding him even if he tries to act as if nothing happens between them. She doesn’t know why she’s avoiding him though. She genuinely cares about him. But she doesn’t want him to get the wrong impression. She doesn’t want to hurt him. That’s the last thing she want to do to her caring oppa. “maybe we should have a talk, to clear things up” jihyo thought to herself as she keeps on walking to enter her building. As she keeps on walking, she notices a shadow keeps on walking closer to her, closing their gap. Jihyo start to feels uneasy. She tries to fasten her steps, to keep her distance. Yet the shadow keep pacing up, to walk faster to her, to catch on her. As the shadow keeps getting closer, jihyo prepares herself. As soon the she feels a touch on her shoulder, jihyo begin to swing her fist towards the intruder. The man falls back as jihyo fist land on him. “yah!!! Who are you!! what do you want!!!” jihyo ask angrily. But ask she begin to walk away, a hand land on , preventing jihyo from yelling for help. Jihyo begin to struggle to let herself escape, but the grips are too strong. The man earlier, who had been punched by her also start to getting up. Jihyo begin to scares for her life. She begins to cry in fear. “why you suddenly crying now. You gave me a good punch there” the man earlier smirks to jihyo as he ran his finger against her soft work cheek. She trembles in fear, afraid of what might happen to her. Tears flow from her eyes nonstop. Hoping for some miracle to get her out of this.  As jihyo keeps on tearing, Bang!!! Feels the grip from the man behind her begin to get loosen. She saw the other person try to get his weapon and yet before he can even manage to react, another gunshot can be heard. Jihyo eyes wide open as she saw both of her attacker fall to the ground with blood all over them. She’s too shock of what she just saw. She’s about to scream at the horrifying sight. She suddenly feels a hard pulls from her hand making her body turn around. “oppa?” jihyo shock to suddenly saw gary, with a gun on his hand. Gary pulls her into a hug. She hugs him back. She doesn’t know it is because of fear or because she’s afraid, yet she just hugs him back. Gary break the hug and look at her in the eyes. He still holding his gun though. “you have to come with me right now…” gary suddenly speak up. Jihyo looks at him, not understanding what’s going on “your life is in danger…”.

 

To be continue…

 

 

Hi guys…hope you enjoy this chapter…as all of you can guess...things are just getting started…please bear with me though…this is not important though but I finally get my result for final exam…thank god after years of struggling…I’m finally a doctor….