chapter 13

Love & Valor

Thank god I have a little free time this weekend..so I decide to give a little update on the story..hope you guys enjoy it..

 

 

Mongae apartment

 

Jihyo skipped herself out of the bathroom. She just wearing a single white towel to cover her y slender body. She just finish her long shower, cleaning and freshen herself up preparing for the romantic night she gonna have with her beloved boyfriend tonight. She head toward her make up table to touch herself up preparing for the amazing seduction she gonna give to her boyfriend. She put on lotion on her soft milky white skin to make it even more softer and more sensual for gary to have a good taste of it later. She then touch herself with a light make up to accentuate her beauty even more. She is preparing a lot for tonight. She is excited. As she is putting the light make up on her face, her eyes glance through the mirror reclection looking at the bed. She can see her y short black see through babydoll lingerie dress she placed on the bed earlier before taking the shower. She smile sheepishly upon seeing the y cloth. She know Gary would go crazy tonight when he sees her in that cloth. She know gary would have his way on her tonight. And she know she wouldn't able to escape herself from him tonight, well not like she want to escape anyway. Just the y thought alone make her blushing hard. She feel really excited to try the new toys that gary brought home earlier. She can't wait for her beloved boyfriend to come home, to give her the naughty yet pleasurable and sensual torture.

 

As she is enjoying her naughty thought, her phone vibrate. She look at the caller ID, its Gil. Jihyo frown upon seeing the name on her phone “why would he call me? Shouldn't gary oppa be with him by now?” she thought to herself. She slide her finger on her iphone to answer the call. “hello Gil oppa. is Gary oppa with you now?” she ask him out of curiosity. Jihyo hear no respond from Gil. She can hear gil inhale a deep breath through the phone. Jihyo feel uneasy. Something is not right. After a while Gil begin to speak up, his voice is stuttering, its like he is scared to death. Its like the word is too heavy for him speak “hello jihyo-ah, can you come to the K Hospital now. Something happen to gary”. “what?!! what are you talking about?” jihyo ask in shock. Her eyes open wide. Her heart pounding hard upon hearing Gil. Her mind gone blank to the shocking news. “what happen oppa? What happen to Kang Gary?” she need to ask. She's worried. She's scared if something happen to Gary. She's restless. She need to know. “i'll tell you later. But please come to the hospital now” Gil reply to her without answering her question. His voice is still stuttering. He doesn't have heart to tell her in the phone. He must see her in person. Jihyo rush herself putting herself into a simple t-shirt and black jeans as soon as she hung up the phone. She didn't even bother to put enough layer to cover herself from the cold of the night. Her one and only concern now is gary, she need to see him now. She need to make sure he is okay. She keep praying in her heart non stop hoping for her boyfriend to be alright. She rush herself out of the apartment and went straight to the hospital.

 

 

Tokyo

 

Sunghoon is in his car. He is sitting at the back of his black SUV with his secretary sitting beside him while the driver drive them home. The street is busy and the traffic is heavy but Sunghoon don't mind about it at all. He kinda enjoy looking at the window seeing people walking down the street to rush themselves to go home since its already pass the working hour. From his car window, he can see couple walking down the streets. It remind him about his late fiance. He remember the memory of him and her walking together hand in hand. They will always enjoy their simple date together, laughing at each other stories happily. But she's gone now. And he miss her. For years he has been missing her. “i miss you Yano. I miss you so much” he thought to himself. Ever since her death, he vowed to himself to destroy the people who caused the death of his beloved fiance. He vowed to make them pay. He vowed to destroy all of them. As he is in his deep thought, his phone ring. KimDongJun who is sitting beside him pick up the phone for him. After talking with the phone for few moment, he shift his attention to his superior “i'm sorry sir. Jongki-shi is on the line. He want to speak to you”. Sunghoon gesture his hand asking the phone from his secretary. He place the phone carefully on his right ear. “yes?” he ask the caller. “it's done sir. He's dead” jongki report of his successful mission to his superior. “are you sure?” Sunghoon asked in a calm tone wanting to be sure about the news. “yes sir. I'm positive” jongki reply the question confidently. “good job. Take the next flight to Japan. I want you here as soon as possible” Sunghoon said through the phone. “yes sir” Sunghoon hung up the phone as soon he hear the reply. He give a long sigh. He don't know how to feel. Either to be happy for gary's death or be sad for the death of his friend, he can't decide “i'm really sorry gary-ah. You're like a brother to me. But you have to pay for what you did to Yano”

 

 

K Hospital

 

Jihyo ran herself to the emergency department as soon as she reach the hospital. She's restless. And her heart is still pounding hard upon receiving the call from Gil. “excuse me. Can I know where I can find Kang Gary?” she ask the nurse in a rush tone, unable to calm herself for not knowing about her boyfriend condition. She need to know. She need to know he is okay. Before the nurse can answer her, a voice call out her name. “jihyo-ah!!” jihyo turn her head to the voice. She saw gil sitting on the blue chair at the hallway. He is in the waiting area. She went to him as fast as she can. Upon reaching Gil, she saw gil's shirt covered with blood. Her eyes turn wide. Her heart almost stop from beating due to shocked for what she just see. She fear for the worst. She hope it is not Gary's blood “oppa. what happen? Where is gary oppa?” jihyo ask in between in her hard breath. She didn't bother to sit herself before she start asking Gil the series of question. Gil look at her in the eye. He try to tell her but no word seem to come out from his mouth. He bow his head looking down unable to tell her what happen. Jihyo become restless. She's scared. Without her notice, a little tears already shading her eyes. She hold on to Gil's hand “please oppa..tell me what happen to kang gary” jihyo's voice trembling as she ask him. Her voice is so low it's like she is begging for him tell her. Gil look up to look at her. He can see jihyo's eyes begin to watery. She is tearing. He feel more guilty upon seeing her like that. “please oppa..tell me..i need to know”. Gil take a deep breath before he answer her. “Gary's been shot”. Jihyo eyes turn wide. open wide. Her mind went blank for what she just heard. The tears begin to fall on her soft cheek. “what? What you are talking about” she ask in her tears. She can't believe for what she just heard. She don't want to believe it. Why would anyone would try to hurt her boyfriend. “we were in Gangnam. Suddenly we a saw a lady getting mugged. Gary and I try to help. Turn out the mugger has a gun and shoot at gary..The doctor is operating him right now” gil look down as he finish her sentence. He feel guilty for both of them. Jihyo cry harder as she hear what Gil just tell her. Her body is shaking hard from the crying. Her legs almost give away from the shocking news “please tell me it's not true oppa..please..i'm begging you” jihyo beg to Gil in her sobs. She is sobbing hard. Gil can see jihyo's hand trembling. He know she is too shocked, too scared. “i'm sorry jihyo-ah..i'm really sorry” Gil don't know what else to say except apologizing himself. Jihyo cry harder and harder. She feel hopeless. She feel like her heart being ripped apart. She cover with her hand to hold on the hard sobbing “oh my god..please save him” jihyo beg in her cry. Gil can't stand looking at her crying like that pull her into a hug. He need to calm her down. “please oppa..i need him..i can't live without him oppa..please” she mumble in hear tears. Gil just rub her back slowly to calm her down. “i know jihyo-ah..i know” he just let jihyo cry in his embrace as they wait for gary.

 

Jihyo sit on the chair waiting in front of the operating room while Gil went off to get her something to drink. She is a little calmer now. She's no longer sobbing hard till her body shaking like before. But her eyes is still wet though, covered by her tears. She is still crying but not as hard as before. Not because she is feeling better, but she's totally worn out from the loud crying. Her body feel weak. She sobs repeatedly but it is slower than before. Her heart is still restless. It is still pounding hard, worrying about gary. Its been almost two hours ever since gary in the operating room. Yet there are no news from the doctor or nurse about his condition. Jihyo keep on praying for god to save her boyfriend. She need him by her side. She need him to be saved. She can't live without him. “please oppa.. please be alright..i need you” she mumble to herself repeatedly praying for it. As she is too focus in her thought, she feel a light touch on her shoulder. She look up and see Gil handing her a glass of coffee. “gary said you love americano, but they don't have any of it here. So I hope this will do” jihyo give him a weak smile and took the coffee from his hand. “kumawo oppa” she thank gil for his gesture, and then go quiet again. She didn't speak any word to him. Gil take a sit beside her. “are you okay now?” gil ask her in concern. He know she is still not okay but decide to ask anyway to ease up her heart. Jihyo didn't reply the question. She just stare at the coffee. Clearly she is not okay. She is still worry. She is still in shock. She is still afraid if something bad might happen to gary. Gil know that. He hold her hand to calm her down. “he's gonna be okay jihyo-ah..he's gonna be okay” gil said as he try to assure her even though he himself don't know what's going to happen to his friend.

 

After the long wait, the doctor come out of the operating room. All of them look too exhausted. Both of gil and jihyo rush themselves and went to the doctor. “how is he now sir?' they ask the doctor impatiently. They can't wait any longer. They need to know about gary's condition. The doctor nod hearing the question. “he is stable now. He is lucky the bullet miss his heart. If it is just 1 cm to the right, it might be fatal. But he need a lot of rest since the bullet did puncture his lung and he lost a huge amount of blood. We manage to stabilize him but he is still unconscious now because of the medication. But he should be awake in few hours. We're sending him to the private room now for him to recover.” The doctor explain to them slowly for them to able to understand. “can we see him now doctor?” Jihyo ask the doctor. She can't wait to see him. She is still worry about him although she feel a little relief from what the doctor just said. At least he is out of danger for now. But she still need to see him. She want to make sure herself that he is okay. “only one of you can see him now since he is still in recovery phase of the medication. Other visitor can come tomorrow morning after he is more stable. Which one of you is his family?” the doctor ask them to know which one he should allow to see gary. “She is sir. She is his family” gil tell the doctor to allow jihyo to see gary. Gil know she need it more than him. “thank you oppa” jihyo said to him gratefully. The doctor nod his head and bring jihyo to gary's room.

 

Jihyo reach gary's room. She can see gary is lying unconscious on the bed alone in the room. The room is very quiet beside for the sound coming out from the machine that monitoring gary's vital signs. She walk herself slowly to the bed. As she reach the bed, she take a sit beside his bed. She can see him clearly. It break her heart seeing him like this, with a IV line pricking the back of his hand and intubation tube in his mouth. She can't stand the sight of it. Her heart break into pieces. She begin to cry at the side of the bed. She bring her hand to touch his hair. She look at him intently. Tears continue falling on her soft cheek. She lean in to kiss his forehead. “i love you oppa..i need you..please wake up..” she whisper to him in her tears while her lips still touching his forehead. She then bring her hand and hold on gary's hand and kiss on it. She sobs at the side of his bed while he is still unconscious, waiting for him to wake up. She didn't let go of his hand. She cry and cry for god know how long until she herself fell to sleep. She sleep while holding gary' hand in her's as she's trying to find comfort from gary's unconscious body. She really need him. She is too tired from all of the crying, she didn't even notice she herself drift into sleep at the side of his bed.

 

5:00 am

 

Gary feel his head heavy. He grunt to the headache. He try to open his eyes but closed it immediately as he see the room spinning. He try to bring his hand to his head to withstand the headache but fail. He feel like someone is holding his hand. He try to open his eyes again to look at the side of the bed to see a woman holding his hand but he close his eye tightly again before he can even recognize the person as he feel that the room is still spinning. He try to open his mouth to call her but fail since the intubation tube is obstructing his throat. Jihyo feel gary's hand moving. She begin to open her eyes and look at gary. She can see that gary is in pain. She's shock to see him struggling. She's afraid if something bad happen to him. She run herself out from the room to call for help. Immediately a team of doctor and nurses rush to gary's room, to check on him. Jihyo keep on praying for her gary in her tears as she see the doctor begin to check on her boyfriend.

 

are you feeling better now?” the doctor ask gary after making sure gary is stable. Gary nod his head slowly to answer the question. “do you know who you are?” the doctor ask him again. Gary nod “kang gary” “do you know who I am?” “you're a doctor” “do you who she is?” the doctor ask him again as he point at jihyo. “yes. She is my girlfriend, jihyo” both the doctor and jihyo smile to hear gary respond well to the question. Tear's is still in jihoy's eyes though. But she feel relieve to see that her boyfriend is getting better. “do you know happen?” the doctor ask him again, to assess gary's condition. Gary frown before he answer “i'm not sure. I only remember i'm with my friend, Gil in Gangnam..” gary pause till that, he can't remember anything after that. “its okay if you can't remember. Actually you tried to stop a mugging but you get shot instead. You're really brave actually”. Just then gary remember that he was with gil talking with him when suddenly a hard prick hit his chest. He remember seeing his body become red covered with his own blood before he loss his consciousness. He feel weird that the doctor told him the different version of the story. But he decide to ignore it for a while. At least for now his cover is still intact, at least jihyo still don't know his secret. “and about the headache earlier, don't worry about it to much. Its just the recovery phase of the general anaesthesia” the doctor explain to the couple. Jihyo feel relieve upon hearing it. “so that's mean he is okay now doctor?” jihyo ask still want to make sure her boyfriend is okay. Gary can see that she is still worrying about him. He feel guilty for her. “yeah. He's okay now. But he should rest. And you should rest too” the doctor said to jihyo. He know his patient's girlfriend has been crying non stop that it took the tools out of her energy. He doesn't want her to collapse due to tiredness of crying and worrying. Jihyo bow her head thanking the doctor. “i'll leave you two then. But remember to rest okay”. The doctor remind the couple again as he leave the room for the couple to have their time alone. Jihyo seat herself beside gary's bed again as the doctor close the door. She hold onto gary's hand and kiss on it. “how are you feeling now oppa?” she ask him lovingly. Her voice is so caring, so full of concern. Her heart feel much lighter now, upon seeing gary is getting better. Gary nod to her question “i'm okay..i'm sorry I make you worry” gary said with a weak voice and guilty tone. Jihyo shook her upon hearing him apologizing to her “aniya oppa..i told you right..its my job to worry about you..i'm your girlfriend and i love you oppa..i'm glad you're okay now..but please, don't make me worry like this again.. i'm so afraid I thought I was gonna loss you ”. Gary give her a weak smile. It make him more guilty for lying to her. He want to tell her the truth. He promise himself he will tell her. “jihyo-ah..” gary call jihyo weakly. “yes oppa?” “can you stay here with me? I miss you” he said to her while tapping the space on his left side gesturing for her to get on the bed with him. Jihyo smile upon hearing him. She get herself up from the chair and climb on the bed to lie down beside him. “is this okay oppa..are you comfortable?” jihyo ask him lovingly as she land her body on the single bed with him. She look at him making sure he is okay and not in pain. “yes. This is the most comfortable. Thank you.” jihyo smile hearing him. She lean in to him for a kiss which gary gladly accept. It is slow yet romantic kiss as their lips lock on each others. “i love you songjihyo” gary whisper to her as they break the kiss apart. “i love you too kanggary. Now rest okay” she reply to him asking him to go to sleep and rest himself. Gary nod to her and close his eyes. After making sure gary is completely sleeping, jihyo begin to close her eyes to join in him in the slumber. Both of them sleep together in each other embrace on the small single bed..

 

 

At the same time

 

Han River

 

Gil is sitting on the bench quietly while looking at the river flow. He come here straight from the hospital. He is waiting for someone. He stare through the night light. He sigh for what just happen today. He sure hope his friend is going to be okay. And he know for fact things are just getting started. Its gonna hard for them later. As he is in his deep thought, a man took a seat beside him. He is wearing a black jacket with white t-shirt in it. “are you okay?” the man ask gil. Gil nod his head answering the question. “how's gary?” the man ask again. “his stable now hyung” gil said as he look at sukjin who is having a long sigh. “what do want me to do now hyung?” he ask for the order from his superior. “i need you to protect him now. Make sure he is safe. He's too valuable. We can't afford to loss him”. Gil nod to the order. “i already inform our agent in the hospital to make a report saying that kang gary is dead”. Gil eyes turn wide. “why would you do that hyung?” Gil ask in shock. Sukjin give a heavy sigh before he answer the question. “you know why Gil-ah, I'm initiating the extraction protocol” sukjin answer in a calm tone. But Gil is not. He can't calm himself “you cannot do that. You know gary will never agree to that”. “that's why we cannot tell him. You know I have to Gil. I hate to do this but I have to. I'm not only thinking about Gary. I'm thinking about his girlfriend too.” Gil silent himself. He know sukjin is right. He agree with him. But he still feel the need to help his friend out. “please give him time sir” he said to sukjin. His tone is like he is begging for his hyung to agree with his request. “i will..” sukjin agree upon the request. Gil sigh to himself. “i'm sorry gary-ah”

 

To be continue