chapter 11

Love & Valor

RM Lawfirm

 

Ting..

 

The elevator door open once it reach the floor. Jongkook took his step out of the elevator to the office. He walk himself to the secretary who is sitting at her desk. She's seem focus talking to the phone. Seems like it is one of their client requesting an appointment with yoo jae suk. Upon reaching the desk,the secretary pause the conversation and look up at jongkook “yes? Can I help you?” she ask jongkook with a smile. She know who he is “is he free now? Can I see him?”. The secretary gesture jongkook to have a seat in the waiting area for a while. She then continue her conversation with the phone. Jongkook nod his head understanding her. He walk toward the waiting area. There is a sofa and a small flat screen Tv inside the room. The tv was on. Jongkook land himself on the blue sofa and instinctively turn his head toward the tv. It is showing a news channel. “ there was a huge explosion happen at a naval shipyard in Dubai. Authority claim it is due to gas leaked in of the ship” jongkook heard the reporter telling the news. He turn his head to the tv watch the news properly. After a while, Jongkook shook his head. He sigh after watching the news. “what's wrong with this world now. Non stop of chaos. Why can't it just be peaceful” jongkook thought to himself. A few moment later, the secretary come to greet jongkook back. “i'm sorry sir for the wait sir, yoo jae suk-shi is ready to meet you now” . Jongkook get up from the sofa and nod to her. “thank you lizzy-ah”. The secretary bow her head and point jongkook the direction to jaesuk's room. Jongkook walk toward the door and knock on it. After a while, he hear a voice from inside the room. “come in!!”. Jongkook open the door and slowly, he peek his head into the room. He see jaesuk is sitting on his chair at his desk, waiting for him. He is smiling to him “what are you doing peeking your head like that jongkook-ah. Come in?” Jaesuk call him with a smile on his face.

 

Jongkook bring himself into the office and sit himself on the chair in front of jaesuk. “i'm sorry to disturb you hyung” jongkook apologize for taking his time as soon he sit himself on the chair. “aniya. I'm free now. How are you and the rest doing? Is everything alright?” jaesuk ask wanting to know how his employee are doing. He really take of them very well that he want to know everybody are doing great and enjoy their work with the company. Jongkook smile to his caring concern. He smile while answering the question. “they are doing fine hyung. And jihyo is still on vacation. She will be back in few days.” jaesuk nod his head understanding the answer. “that's good. What about you jongkook-ah? Do you want some vacation too?” jaesuk ask him with a slightly teasing tone. “aniya hyung. I'm fine. Beside it will be lonely for me if I just go alone” jongkook reply with a fool smile. “that's why you should find a good woman jongkook-ah. If not, you might bring kwangsoo to a vacation” jaesuk said continue teasing jongkook. Both of them laugh at the comment. “so tell me why do you want to see me today?” jaesuk ask jongkook to change the topic. Jongkook straighten his body before he start to speak “oh about that. It's like this hyung. About songjongki-shi. He didn't show up to any of the appointment anymore? So i'm a little worry if it would give some problem to the case later on”. Jaesuk nod his head hearing him. He look at jongkook in the eyes before he speak up again. “actually I knew about this jongkook-ah. And forgive me for forgetting to tell you earlier. Jongki-shi call me 3 days back. He said he no longer need our company service”. Jongkook shock hearing that. He is confused. Did he did something wrong. He need to know the reason. Is it because he swap jihyo with HaHa. Is that the reason why he refuse for their team help. “why hyung? Did we do something wrong?” jongkook ask jaesuk wanting to know the reason. “aniya, you guys did a good job. He was happy about it. It just that he said he and his in-law already patch things up. They finally agree to come in term for their company. And he already made the payment to us, for helping him before.” Jongkook felt a bit weird about what he just heard. Jongki and his in-law were fighting for the company for a year and now so suddenly they come to a term? It sound impossible. “i know what you're thinking jongkook-ah. But for now our work is done. We will help anyone who ask for our help but we can't force anybody who doesn't our want it. Right?” Jongkook know his hyung is right. Their client has the final choice, not them. They are merely a helping hand for their clients, to help them making good decision but not more than that. Jongkook know the limit. He sigh to himself. But in his heart, he feel something is not right. But there is nothing else he could do.

 

 

Tokyo

 

BATS HQ

 

Chu Sung Hoon is in meeting. The atmosphere in the meeting room is too tense. It is too quiet. He is not in a good mood. He is angry. Everyone are looking down. They don't dare to look at their boss in the eyes. They now he is burning with fire full of anger. “tell me, how can this happen?!!”. SungHoon ask in a serious tone, demand for a answer. Everyone gulp the saliva in fear. There are no respond. Not a single person in the room dare to answer him. Feeling annoyed, SungHoon start shouting. “Answer me!!!” he yelled with his hand slam the table hard, making a loud harsh sound. All of his employee yelp in shock. They are afraid. Some of them can feel their body shaking in fear. But still not one of them dare to speak, giving their boss the answer he want. “you!!.. tell me” SungHoon said while pointing his finger to the person who are sitting three chair from him. The person immediately become restless. It is clear to SungHoon that this guy it totally afraid. With stuttering voice, the man begin to reply his superior. “we don't know sir..we thought they wouldn't know about the delivery in Dubai. We take every precaution in every little detail sir. But turn out they already deploy their agent there waiting for our man.” SungHoon grit his teeth hearing that. He try to control his anger after hearing the lame excuses. “are you guys stupid?” SungHoon said to them in lower tone he had earlier, but his voice is full of sarcasm and anger “you've been doing this for years but you still know nothing about them. You still don't know how good they are. I can't believe how stupid you are. Let me make this clear for once and for all. Remember they will not stop. They will continue hunting you even when you're sleep because the won't be sleeping. They will hunt you down. That's why I decide to hunt them instead. I want them to slow down when they know they themselves are in danger. I don't want the same mistake happen again because if it does, you will meet my little friend here” SungHoon finish his sentence while taking out his silver beretta pistol. He place the gun on the table for each of them to see how serious he is. All them gulp their on saliva after seeing the silver metallic object. “do you understand me?” SungHoon voice break their attention from the gun. They look at him in fear “we understand sir”. SungHoon get of his seat and left the meeting room leaving his employees who are still in shock and fear.

 

SungHoon head himself to his office. DongJun follow him quietly. Once he reach his office, he land himself on his chair and look at DongJun. “i want you to call the buyers. Tell them we need to hold the weapon delivery for a while” DongJun nod to his superior. Suddenly a knock come from the door.

 

Knock-knock

 

what are you doing here? You are suppose to be in Seoul!!” SungHoon said in loud voice. He is shock to know the young man he order to hunt Gary is back in Japan, not like what he order him to do. “i'm sorry sir. I thought you want me to come back since the Dubai incidents” the young man said as he enter the room. He is standing in front of SungHoon desk just like DongJun. “i don't need you to worry about that. You already have your mission.” SungHoon answer him with a stern voice. Clearly he don't like to see the young man not following his order. “but sir. I thought what happen in Dubai is serious. We lost a ship. Whole delivery was stopped” SungHoon smirk hearing that. He gesture DongJun to leave the room with his hand. DongJun bow his head and head himself out of the room and close the door shut. After making sure DongJun is completely gone. SungHoon begin to speak “you think I really care about those delivery. So what if I lost a ship. I still have plenty of those. And I can make the weapon delivery anytime I want.” SungHoon stand up from his chair and walk slowly to the young man. He stand close in front of him. “my only concern now is I want Kang Gary dead. I want him I in a body bag. Do you understand me”. Feeling unsatisfied with the order, the young man speak up. “why him?” “what?” SungHoon confuse with the man question. “i said why him? They have lots of other agents but why only him? Why are you so interested in him? I know this is not only about our business. This is something personal right?” the young man ask. He really want to know why is his superior is so interested with kang gary. From what he had observed before, gary is just some kind of a regular L Comm employee. Yes gary's team is good. But it is a team work. Not him individually. He see nothing special about him except for his beautiful angelic girlfriend. He is quiet shock to know that a beautiful angel like her fall in love to a such ugly looking guy. SongHoon smirk at the questions. Clearly the young man know nothing about gary. He decide to educate him about his target. He turn himself to his desk and land on his chair. He gesture the young man to take a sit in front of him. The young man follow his order and take a seat himself in front of his superior. “I thought you already know about him. But clearly you know nothing” SungHoon speak up as he place a white file on the desk. With his eyes, he gesture the young man to take the file and have a good read on it. The young man eyes open wide while reading the file. After a while he close the file and look at his superior in the eye. “Is he really this good?” SongHoon nod his head. “he is not in Seoul right now. I believe he went for vacation with his girlfriend, in prague” the young man tell his superior the where about of Kang Gary. “I know” SungHoon reply him shortly telling the the younger man that he already know about the information himself “Do you want me to go there?” he ask his superior of the next plan. “No, I want you to be in Seoul. Wait for him to come back and then kill him. One more thing, for now I don't want you to involve his girlfriend in this” the young man look confuse. SungHoon know what he is thinking. “she is just a innocent civilian. I don't want any witness. I don't want to complicate thing with bringing any unnecessary attention. Beside my quarrel is not with her. It's with him. So for now just leave her alone.” the young man nod his head understanding the order given. “do you have any other question?” SungHoon ask the young man. “only one sir. How do you know so much about him?” SungHoon smirk to the question. He just look at the young man in the eyes. After a while, he begin to answer him “Because i'm the one who trained him.”

 

 

Petejen Hill, Prague

 

Gary is resting his back against a tree. He is enjoying the wind breeze on the top of the hill while enjoying the magnificent view of Prague from the high ground. Gary look at his surrounding. He can see people bringing their child and dogs to the top of the hill. He can see them enjoying the family time together in a small picnic. He can see few teenagers playing catch with their dogs. He can see people laughing while enjoying themselves. He see couples having quiet date on the top of the hill. Gary like to be there. He feel his heart really calm. It is so peaceful, so relaxing. He begin to wonder what would it be like if he and jihyo get married. Will they enjoy their time like this? bringing their child to the park having a family picnic themselves. He smile just thinking of it. After a while, he shift his attention from the surrounding to the beautiful angel who is resting her head on his laps. Jihyo is sleeping on the soft grass while her head is on gary's lap. She's been sleeping for quit sometime now. Gary didn't have a heart to wake her up, so he just let her rest. The wind breeze push her hair to fall on her sleeping face. Gary bring his hand and combs the hair strand off her face, revealing the beautiful face again. Gary smile looking at her sleeping figure. He bring his head closer to her and land his lips on her forehead kissing her softly. “i love you songjihyo. you make me feel like being a person again” he whisper to her who is still sleeping. He then rest himself against the tree again.

 

As he was about to close his eyes to enjoy the moment, a ball come to their direction. In a reflex, he immediately block the ball from heating jihyo who is still sleeping. Few moment later a small child come running to them asking for his ball again. He apologize for disturbing the couple “pardon”. Gary shook his head hearing the little child saying sorry. He just shook his head to assure him it is nothing “to nic(it's okay)”. The boy smile back to gary. Gary give him his ball back and he run away from gary with his ball, probably because the boy is shy to the stranger. Gary smile while looking at him running away. Without he realizing it, jihyo had already waken up when gary make the sudden move when he was trying to block the ball. “did I fell to sleep oppa?” jihyo ask in groggy voice, her head is on gary's lap though. She didn't feel the need to get off it. It is too comfortable for her that she enjoy it so much. Gary look down upon hearing her voice “oh you already awake? Sorry if I wake you up” he said to her while his hand keep rubbing her shoulder softly. Jihyo smile upon hearing him. She bring herself up to sit beside him. She give him a peak on his cheek “thank you oppa for being my pillow. It is the best nap I ever had” gary blush by her kiss and words. He can't keep himself from smiling foolishly. Jihyo laugh at his idiotic face. She rest her head on his shoulder while hugging his left arm “i like it here oppa” gary turn his head smiling to her. “me too. Especially with you by side” he said while kissing the side of her head. Jihyo smile hearing that. Its her time to blush now. She too feel the same way. She know she like this place so much because he is there with her, accompanying her. “i really don't want to go back” she said while pouting. They are going back to Korea tomorrow evening. It is really hard for them to leave this place. They enjoy their time together too much they don't want to go back to Korea. Gary hear her sigh. He just give her a weak smile. He know how she feel. He understand her. He also feel the same way. Once they back at Korea, they might get busy with their work that they might not have much time with each other. He hold hand to comfort her. She smile at his action, seeing him interlocking they finger together while he hold her tightly. She know he want to comfort her, make her feel better. She's happy to meet a guy like him, constantly making sure she is okay. “it's okay, we'll come here again sometime” he said to her. Jihyo smile hearing that. She know it might take a while for them to come here again. “its okay oppa, even if we can't come here again, there are still other place that we can enjoy ourselves right. The important thing is we're together. Right oppa?” gary nod his head to her. Its true. The most important is, they are together. “i promise you songjihyo, we will always be together” gary said to her while looking into her eyes deeply, lovingly. Jihyo smile upon hearing that. She feel calm to hear the words coming out of his mouth. She bring her lips to his seal his lips tight with a slow romantic kiss. “i love you oppa” she said after parting their lips. They don't know if they will be coming back here again, but they know they sure gonna miss the country for all the great memory they had. And they promise to always be with each other..

 

 

To be continue..

 

 

Sorry for the late update..been quit busy and some problem with the laptop..hope you guys enjoy this chapter though