chapter 29

Love & Valor

 

Tokyo

BAYS HQ

 

Ting…the elevator door open

Jongki fasten his step as he gets off the elevator, walking himself toward his superior’s office. He just received a call from Dongjun saying his superior wants to meet him. He says it’s urgent. Jongki wonder what it is about, why suddenly Sunghoon want to meet him so urgently. Did he do something wrong. Perhaps not, perhaps it’s just for a new mission. Jongki keep on thinking of the reason as he walks past few workers on the floor while on his way to Sunghoon office. After a while of walking, he reaches to the door of Sunghoon office. He knocks on it asking permission to enter the room. “come in!!...”. Sunghoon voice can be heard from inside, calling jongki to enter the room. Jongki open the door, to invite himself into the room. He can see Sunghoon is not alone. Dongjun is with him. He can see how sour Sunghoon look. Seems like he’s not in a good mood. While Dongjun in other hand, stand in front of his superior’s desk quietly, not uttering a single word. Jongki can feels the tense air in the room. He knows something is not right. “you want to see me sir?” jongki ask while he walks toward Sunghoon who’s sitting at his desk quietly. He didn’t reply him. He just looks into the younger man eye’s deeply, like he wants to kill him. Jongki couldn’t bare the deep gaze. It’s killing him. He knows well the meaning of that look. It’s a look to kill. Feeling restless, jongki looks at Dongjun, who is still standing at his spot quietly, searching for answer. Dongjun shook to him, telling him he doesn’t dare to tell him. Clearly like him, he’s dead scared too. Scared of Sunghoon. “You failed!!” Sunghoon suddenly speak up from his chair, looking sharp at jongki. Jongki froze, and yet he’s confused, not getting what his superior talks about. “what do you mean. I don’t understand” jongki speak up, trying to clarify. Sunghoon throws pieces of document into the table, shoving it towards jongki. Jongki frowns at his action. He takes the document to inspect it. His eyes frown as he saw picture of gary. “he’s still alive. You failed me” Sunghoon speak up as if know what’s in jongki’s mind, shocking the young man. “that’s not possible. I saw him die with my own eyes”. Jongki protest, defending himself from the accusation. “then perhaps you’re blind then!!! This photo was captured yesterday, in Seoul” Sunghoon speak up sarcasticly. Clearly he’s angry. Jongki grips on his fist tight, angry to know his target escapes the death. He’s boiling in anger. “where is he now?!!!” jongki ask sharp, wanting to know gary’s where about, wanting to complete his mission. He’s sure not gonna fail this time. He sure going to make him really dead now. “we don’t know. We can’t trace of him anymore. He’s in hiding. We suspect he’s no longer in Seoul” Dongjun speak up to jongki’s question. Jongki roll his eyes, looking straight at Sunghoon “I’ll find him. Don’t worry. I’ll make sure he really dead this time. I will not miss again”. “good. Find him. I don’t care what you do. Just ing kill him”. Sunghoon give his order, with slight warning tone to jongki. He doesn’t want the young man to fail again this time, for his own sakes. Jongki walks out of the office ready to complete his mission. “remember jongki, this is your last chance. You know what’ll happen if you fail this time” Sunghoon warn Jongki one last time, reminding him of the consequence if he fails again. Jongki pause his step “I know”. Jongki speak up calmly, clearly understand what Sunghoon talks about. He knows if fail again, he’s dead. He knows Sunghoon won’t hesitate to kill him.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Few days later

9:30 pm

Somewhere around Seoul…

 

“Are you sure about this?” Gil ask to the man in front him, gesturing to a piece of folder in his hand. “like I tell you earlier, that’s all I know. He was staying here for almost a month. Sometime he wears suits, sometime jacket, sometime he stays out all night long and come back the next morning. He didn’t talk to me at all nor other people, except for check in and check out” the man explains to Gil, telling all the thing that he manages to remember. Gil sigh, flipping into the folder, reading it carefully again. It’s his third time already. He’s at a small hotel, meeting an informer, for clues. Feeling satisfied with the information he just received, Gil bit his goodbye to the hotel manager “thanks. I’ll get going then”. Gil get out from the hotel, bringing along the folder in his hand. He’s actually feels kind of relieve, satisfied. After half a year of searching, he finally manages to find a lead to finding Choiza’s murderer. He can’t wait to inform the new information he just received to Sukjin. He wants to avenged his friend death. More than that, he wants to solve this case. He wants to find out who is trying to kill gary. He knows well, the sooner they solve this riddle, the sooner he can get his friend back. Gil walks along the streets, heading toward his car. The streets are kind of dark now, yet there are still few people walking there. Some stalls were aligned along the streets selling night snack. Gil didn’t forget to get some of it though, filling his hungry stomach with hot grilled pork. After minutes of walking, he reaches to his car. He takes out his car keys and click on the button to unlock the door.

BOOMMM!!!!!

Sudden explosion fills the quiet streets, shocking everyone there. Gil’s body flown away from the strong blast. He’s thrown meters away. He falls on the hard ground. He feels severe pain in his entire body, especially his head and chest. He can’t get up or move. His body feels weak. He feels his throat suffocating, like something is pooling in his throat. He can’t breathe. He tries to cough, to get rid of whatever it is that blocking his throat, only to have blood coming out from . His face covered with his dark red blood. His shirt too shares the same fate, covered with his own blood. Gil’s eyes scan his surrounding, looking for the file that was with him earlier. He needs to tell someone about the contain of the file. It’s the only way to find the killer, to help gary to come back. He saw the files not far from him. He looks at in intently, wanting to get I back, to keep it safe. He tries to stretch his hand to grab the file, but fail. His hand is not moving. He feels weak. He lost too much of blood. He looks at the file, hoping to get it somehow. He then feels his vision blurry, he tries to make it stay open. And yet he fails, after minutes of fighting with his agony, gil closed his eyes. People who is there come to the explosion site, trying to help the victims of the explosion. They help whoever they can. By the time they reach Gil, his eyes are already closed.

 

Jongki stand in the dark, hiding. Making sure no one sees him. From far, he’s satisfied to see the blast goes off. He can see the chaos happen. People running and screaming, being in horror and fear from the bomb explosion. More than that, he’s happy to see Gil body thrown away from the strong blast. For now, all are going well, according to his plan. He takes out his phone from his pocket, wanting to make a call. “I did it. I got his friend”. “good” Sunghoon voice can be heard through the phone. “now get the girl. Use her, by any means necessary. I want him to come out from his hiding” Sunghoon gives the order to jongki”. “yes sir. I understand” jongki reply to the order. “remember jongki, don’t fail me again this time” Sunghoon gives his reminder to jongki, warning him of his fate if he fails again. Jongki hung up the phone. He smirks to himself, with devilish smile on his face “We’ll meet again songjihyo. It’s been a while…”

 

To be continue…

 

 

 

Hi guys…hope you enjoy this chapter…sorry if it’s kind of short…and sorry for no mention of our beloved gaejihyo in this chapter…but for me it’s kind of important for what coming next…hope you like it though…till the next chapter then…