chapter 1

Love & Valor

8:00 am

 

Ringgg!!!...the alarm went off

 

“aish..jinja..” jihyo mumble while her still eyes closed. Slightly grunting because the alarm disturb her deep sleep. With eyes still close, she turn around and stretch her arm to the other side of the bed looking for someone. She feel nothing and open her eyes looking at the space. “Its empty” she sigh to her disappointment while looking up the ceiling. Its been then remember the space is being empty for about a week now. Slowly and lazily she crawl to get her phone and turn the alarm off. Just when she about to put back her phone, she notice her wallpaper. She smile looking at the wallpaper. Its their faces side by side with cheek bone touching each other smiling happily. “i miss you oppa” jihyo mumble to herself. Feel like tearing. He has been away for a week due to his job out of the country. She hate it when he is outstation. She can't reach him and she hate it. She will always wonder how is he doing. Not because she is a control freak but it just because she miss him so much.

 

Jihyo get up from her bed and head toward the bathroom for shower. She take a long shower while thinking about him. Once get out from the bathroom she take out her gray knee light skirt and white blouse to cover her slender body. She apply light makeup on her face but it is enough to make her look angelic. After satisfy of her look she grab her bag went off to work. While on her way to the office she stop by at one off their favorite coffeehouse. “one americano and one turkey sandwich please” she state her order while smiling. “you're alone again today?” the cashier ask out of curiosity. She always saw jihyo come with her beloved one. Jihyo nodded slightly “he's been busy nowadays” she answer simply to the question. Suddenly she felt vibration on her left hand. Its her phone. A message from the person she miss the most. She bend her head down while looking at the message.

 

i'm coming home soon. I miss you so much. Can't wait to be with you <3”

 

a smile creep on jihyo's beautiful face. She is so excited to meet him again. She raise her head and thank the cashier. She went straight to her office with joy filling her face. she can't wait to meet him..

 

Jihyo walk toward her office. Before reaching her room she greet her secretary. “morning kwangsoo. Is there anyone looking for me today?” “nope noona. I think we can relax a bit for now since we already finish our last case” jihyo nodded. She was about to walk to her room when kwangsoo call her “noona why are you seem happy today” she turn look at him with a Mong look “wae..i'm always like this” she reply. “no you're not. U always a grumpy lady.hahaha..” jihyo just rool her eye ignoring the teasing. She laugh a bit and went into her office. kwangsoo still laughing enjoying teasing his boss. Eventhough there are boss and worker, they have good relationship. They're so close that they even drop the honorific toward each other. Jihyo never think she superior than anyone. Especially toward kwangsoo who she treat as her own brother. That why kwangsoo love working with her. Its hard to find a quality like that in a lawyer. Especially a successful one.

 

Knock-knock..

 

“someone glowing today..”

 

jihyo look up at the door and saw a huge muscular man in black formal coat at the door. It her colleague. She smile looking at him. “jongkook oppa. What are you doing here? Come in” jongkook took his steps and rest himself on a chair in front jihyo's desk. He smile looking at jihyo who is in front of him.“i'm checking up on you of course. So tell me why are u smiling so much today. You're glowing so much I thought I am sitting in front of a sun” she laugh hearing his nonsense “nothing oppa..i'm just being my usual self” jongkook just keep smiling looking at the beautiful lady in front of her. Suddenly another knock come at the door. Both of them change their attention toward the door. Its Haha. “yah songjihyo!!! Why are smiling happily. You're secretary here said you've been smiling non stop since the minute you walk in this morning” Haha said while walk in toward them. “nothing oppa. Why do everybody keep saying that. maybe i'm just happy we finish our last case oppa. You know how hard to prosecute that guy. I'm glad he is behind bar now” jihyo reply. “is that it? Is that the only reason you been smiling nonstop like a crazy person. when is your boyfriend coming home?” Haha ask teasingly. Jihyo can't stop to blush when Haha mention about her boyfriend. “soon..” she reply laughing. Jongkook and Haha smile looking at their dongsaeng. They're happy for her eventhough they didn't seem to know much about him. He is quit a secretive person eventhough he can get along well with their little group especially with Haha. Both of them are really close they always pick on each other non stop. But still, he never talk much about his job or life before meeting jihyo.

 

“Okay. Now lets get some lunch. And since jihyo seem so happy today, why don't you pay jihyo” jongkook said pointing at jihyo. Haha is happy with the idea. “fine..u guys are so stingy. Asking a girl to pay for your appetite. Just don't make me broke by eating too much okay” they walk out of the office and invite kwangsoo to join along. They went to R restaurant, their usual place.

 

Incheon airport,

“Finally we're home” jungin said with a sigh of relief after hours of traveling. She look at two guy behind her. “yeah, i'm just glad it all went smoothly” gary reply to her. “so any of you care to join me for a drink?” gil asked both of them while putting his hand on gary's left shoulder. “not me, I need to go home now. My husband is waiting for me” jungin said. Gil turn to gary hoping he will accompany him. “i'm sorry bro..i need to go too. Maybe next time?” gary reply him with a sorry look on his face. “fine. its gonna be me being all alone again” gary shaking his head laughing at his friend. Gary give the briefcase on his right hand to gil. Gil accept it. “can u..??” gary word is cut by gil"s “ its okay. I'll send this tomorrow. Just spend your time with your girlfriend” gary nod to his friend thanking him. as gary about to walk away, gil speak up “you know, you should tell her already” gil said cautiously while looking deeply to gary's eyes. Gary sigh “i know, but I still need more time. i'm afraid she can't accept it” gil nod understand what gary mean. Not all people can understand them. Gary give him a wave and walk away. He halt a cab and went on it. Gil just look at him “just don't be too late gary-yah” he thought to himself and went off himself.

 

 

“so where did he go this time?” jongkook ask jihyo out of curiosity. They still having their lunch. “africa” jihyo reply shortly. “what is he doing there actually?” kwangsoo dig futher. Jihyo shrug her shoulder while shaking her head “you know, just some computer work. Something about programming and stuffs” they all look at her silently. They worry about her. Its not like they hate or don't like gary. They love him. They know gary is good guy. And they know how much gary love her too. Its just they worry that jihyo doesn't seem to know much about him. He is quit secretive. Since 10 month knowing him, all they know that he work at L Comm, a very huge tech company. Before that he grew up in a orphanage when he loss his parent and brother in a car accident. Then they meet each other when their RM Lawfirm, a law firm represent L Comm for a lawsuit. Their team (jongkook, Haha, jihyo and kwangsoo) was the team sent by the RM Lawfirm. President Yoo put his trust on them and believe they can handle it well. Unfortunately it is one of the most difficult case they had. They lost the case because of the evidences seem to be missing a lot. But for jihyo it is not a total lost. She meet gary. The love of her life.

 

While the 3 of them deep in their thought, jihyo's voice bring them back to the reality “come, lets go back to work. We just spend nearly 3 hours in this restaurant. If president yoo know about this, he will kill us” she said laughing while went to the counter to pay for their meal as promised” all of them just look at their baby sister with same tought creep in their mind..

 

“please let her be happy...”

 

to be continue...