Chapter eight

Beloved Leader

Hanbin was sitting at the bench alone. He didn’t know what to do. After the call that he had and all the things that had happened this past few weeks has been wearing him down. He had always had the principle to stay intact and strong. Show a cold side if he had too, which he has. He thought he could survive all of this but at last… he was drowning. He couldn’t find a way to get back up again.

 

 

“Hanbin hyung.” Suddenly, Hanbin heard Chanwoo’s voice calling out to him. He closed his eyes. He didn’t want to talk to anyone right now. He was barely holding it together and trying hard not to cry in front of them but Chanwoo just had to show up.

 

 

Chanwoo went in front of his hyung and saw the leader with his eyes shut trying to block away the world. Chanwoo sighed and just sat down next to Hanbin. Chanwoo always knew what was going on. He was quick to realize things like this because he knew it all too well. He had seen those kinds of looks a lot. It was the kind of look that the whole world is against you and anything that you do is not right. Chanwoo looked over at the older who as now just staring into oblivion.

 

 

“I talked to Yunhyeong hyung. I told him you needed some time to rest.” Chanwoo said as he slowly looked through his jacket pocket. “Here, I thought you would need it. Besides sleeping this is the only that helps you clear your mind.” Yes, Chanwoo has observed everyone. He watched their habits and their mood swings. It’s become a common thing you see in the team.

 

 

“Shouldn’t you be practicing?” Hanbin finally asked as he took the mp3 away from Chanwoo’s hands. Chanwoo just smiled and looked around the park. Hanbin was curious as to why the maknae always loved to smile and just reserve himself from others. It was irritating because in the end, Chanwoo would surprise them by telling them things that they would never expect.

 

“We are taking a break. Bobby’s team is practicing right now.” Chanwoo said playing with the dirt on the ground.
 

 

“Why are you here then?” “Because I know that you shouldn’t be alone during these kind of times. You were missing for four hours yesterday. We all knew why. But we are all wondering why were you keeping it all in, when it’s your turn to fall down?” Hanbin frowned at the word. He didn’t like it. Falling down means giving up and losing. He glared at Chanwoo.

 

“I didn’t fall down. I just went out because I need some time to think. With all of you guys in the room, it was just too crowded and suffocating.” Hanbin said annoyed by Chanwoo’s presence now.

 

“Call you all you want hyung, but I knew what it was. I have seen it too many times to know that it  was.”Chanwoo said with scoff. Hanbin grabbed the younger’s collar and glared at him.

 

“Who made you the smart guy? Look, you are being rude right now to me Jung Chanwoo shi.” Hanbin said with his teeth gritted with anger. He knew what Chanwoo was saying was right. He was falling but why did he have to admit it to Chanwoo. The person he knew least out of all the 7 members not counting Jinhyeong and Hyongseok.

 

 

“It’s because your friends are worried about you and you are bottling it all in! Hyung! They are all worried but they can’t talk to you because they know. They know how you feel. But knowing how you feel doesn’t solve the problem. Talking does.” Chanwoo said finally bursting in anger. Something snapped in him and he didn’t like it at all. The way that Hanbin called him by his full name just brought up unwanted memories in his head that he had blocked out forever.

 

It was funny how he was giving advice to Hanbin to talk about his problems but he himself had no courage to do it either. Both of them for the same reason, because they were scared to think that people would think that they were weak.

 

“Fine! I’ll talk to someone. But that someone is not going to be you.” Hanbin said as he stood up to walk away but Chanwoo managed to grab Hanbin’s hand before he could leave. “I am sorry hyung. I didn’t mean to yell at you.” Chanwoo said with a soft voice finally realizing what he did.
 

 

“I just wanted you to talk to someone. I have seen you with the others. They had problems, you are always there to save them. To pick them back up. Bobby hyung, yes he does help out a lot to but you were their support. You stood ground and talk to them when they needed to talk and just scold them to help them improve. We all know it has been harder on you then anyone else in the team.” Hanbin sighed and nodded his head.

 

 

“There is no point in talking Chanwoo-ah. In the end, the only thing that they would repeat is ‘it fine’ ‘you’re going to be fine’. It’s not that I haven’t tried talking. I have but it just doesn’t help.” Hanbin said frustrated as he sat back at the bench.

 

 

“Then talk to me. I won’t say its fine or you are going to be fine.”

 

 

Hanbin looked at the younger, he didn’t know what came over him but he talked. He told everything to Chanwoo, the phone call the things that was bothering him these past few weeks. It could be the way that Chanwoo’s eyes were being sincere and serious but in a calming effect kind of way.

 

 

“If you tell anyone, you’re dead.” Hanbin said finally threatening to punch the maknae.  Chanwoo tried to block it with his hands and just laughed it off. “Don’t worry hyung, I won’t.” Chanwoo went over to Hanbin and hugged the older. It wasn't a pity hug, it was warm and loving. It was so tender and full of understanding that it helped ease the pain in Hanbin heart. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a while, they went back to the dorm and saw a fidgity Jinhwan pacing back and forth at the enterance of the house. Bobby was sitting on the couch munching on potato chips while looking at the older. When the door rang, Jinhwan quickly shot his head up to look at who it was. Before Hanbin could say anything else, Jinhwan went over to Hanbin and gave the young leader a hug. This time the hug was different. It was different from the way Chanwoo hugged him. It was the same, warm and tender but there was also worry in the hug. Jinhwan was hugging him thightly afraid that the younger might run away again. Hanbin could feel comfort in the hug that he haven't felt for a while. Just like his mothers hugs him.

 

 

 

“Yah! NEXT TIME BRING YOUR STUPID PHONE!" Jinhwan as he hit Hanbin's chest just as Hanbin enter the house. Bobby just chuckled and pointed at Hanbin. "I told you that he would be back soon. See you didn't have to worry."

 

 

"You shut up!" Jinhwan shouted as he threw a pillow at Bobby. "You! Why didn't you tell us that Hanbin was with you?" Now it was Jinhwan's turn to point his finger at Chanwoo who just put his hands up in defence.  "I did!"

 

 

"Hyung, I am back now. Stop worrying. Come on, let's make Yunhyeong cook us something." Hanbin said trying to calm the older down by pulling the older by the waist to Yunhyeong and Junhoe's shared room. Chanwoo just smirked and shook his head. He walked over to sit next to Bobby and sat down with them. "I thought you had practice hyung?" Chanwoo said reaching in for a piece but Bobby quickly pulled the container away and grinned at the younger.

 

 

"They are. I had to comeback here because Jinhwan hyung was nervous." Bobby said munching a piece of chip in his mouth to mock the youngest. Chanwoo rolled his eyes and turned his head to see when the two best friends are going to realize that no one was home. "Hey, where is everyone?" Hanbin asked finally as he came into the living room with Jinhwan hand in hand. Jinhwan was pouting and was finally calm.

 

"Practice."Hanbin frowned and looked at Bobby and Jinhwan. "Aren't you suppose to be at practice?" Jiwoon just smiled and nodded his head.

 

"Yea, but that worry wort was worried so I had to come here being the Eomma of the group and all. I can't let my kids go missing can I?" Ji woon said with a grin as he pinched Hanbin's cheek. Hanbin slaped the hand away and shook his head. 
 

 

"Just because you guys are fixed members doesn't mean that you guys can slack off from practice. You too Chanwoo! Don't you want to win?" Chanwoo just grinned and hurriedly went out of the house leaving the three of the best friends in the house.

 

"I like that kid." Hanbin said laughing as he saw Chanwoo had to struggle to put on his shoes before going out of the house.

 

 

 

"I thought you were going to run away again." Jinhwan said as all three of them sat on the bed at Bobby and Hanbin's room. "I am not going to do that anymore. I promised that all six of us is going to debut. Doesn't matter if we add another one but all six of us have to debut."

 

 

"Hanbin-ah." Jinhwan said after a long pause of silence between them. B.I was sitting down next to Bobby playing with his hair and Jinhwan was sitting next to Bobby with Bobby's hand slung over his shoulder. Jinhwan hesistated for a while and looked at Hanbin and Bobby. 

 

 

"I am kind of disappointed in you." Jinhwan said looking down fidgeting with his hands. They both looked at Jinhwan waiting for the older to continue. 

 

 

"I am disappointed that you won't tell us whats wrong. You keep things bottled up and I hate it. I hate seeing it without being able to do anything. I know that you are working hard to produce our songs and all and with the battle going and Show me the money, I just think that if you are having a hard time you should tell us." He stuttered leaving Hanbin feeling guilty. 

 

 

"Because I know how you feel. You are having more hardships rather than us being the leader and all. I know that you feel responsible for us but I have been disappointed in you. I thought that we were close enough that you would talk to me or at least Bobby first. I feel like I should bite back my words trying hard not to get you mad and it's like I am tip toeing around you. I hate feeling like that. Rather than us being closer together, I feel like we are falling apart." A tear dropped from Jinhwan's eyes. The burden of the young leader was well known by the trio because they had been with the younger longest. They haven't had time to sit down and talk about whats happening to them that the situation had worsen and they were at the verge of breaking their friend ship. 

 

 

"I know that I am not the best person. I am hot tempered and that I am grateful that you guys tolerate me. I want to talk to you guys about it but I feel like we are just so close that I don't know if I should talk to you guys about it. I am suppose to be a rock for you guys. I should be able to stand all of this without having any problems but....I am sorry." Was all Hanbin could say. He didn't know how he could express this to his hyungs. 

 

They are so close that he was afraid that if he did talk about it, they would think he was weak and it would just bring the others down. That they didn't have an expandable leader who could withstand anything. He didn't know how his seniors and other leaders could do it with so much ease. 

 

"Yah, brat." Bobby said with a sad tone. He looked at his two other best friends. He knew there was a strong bond between Jinhwan and Hanbin.

 

It doesn't take a genius to know how much the older loved the youngest. The older had always told Jiwoon how he really wanted to help Hanbin out in anyway but the only source of help he could give the younger was supporting him and working hard himself. Hanbin had always been a perfectionist. He showed a lot of maturity for his age. He made sure the others were in line and tried hard not to show his temper to them.

 

"We need to talk about these things. The last time we almost had a big fight if you didn't tell us what was wrong keep closing up on us. If you are disappointed in us say it, if you think we are doing wrong just say it. We are team. We have to tell each other this stuff." Bobby said getting angry that Hanbin was still blaming himself and not trying to share the burden with the others. Hanbin looked at Bobby and smiled sadly. 

 

"Hyung, I am tired." Hanbin said slowly as he looked at both Jinhwan and Bobby.