Chapter four

Beloved Leader

Chanwoo is coming in the next chapter!!!! Hehehe, now it really starts! The begining of Chanbin and more Binhwan~


No one's POV

Bobby is basically known as the eomma in the group and he knows when there is something wrong. So being the eomma that in the group, he was 'stalking' the leader who wasn't the same since their last big fight. Hanbin is not the type who would stay quiet and keeps on spacing out. It was almost their last stage, they were waiting for their cue to perform their original song, . During their previous performance, Hanbin looked like he had no worries in the world but everytime he goes backstage, he turns into a different person. 

"Jinhwan hyung, don't you think something is wrong with Hanbin?" Jiwoon asked as he sat down next to Jinhwan as they were got their hair done. "I know what you mean." Jinhwan said also looking at the said member who was busy looking at his phone to notice his two best friends staring at him. 

"Do you think we should talk to him?" Jiwoon asked remembering the last time they decided to confront the leader. The ending wasn't pretty but at least it helped the situation a bit. "We should before we go on stage. We are suppose to enjoy the night. As a team, right now, I feel like Hanbin is not even in the team. Its like he getting further away from us." Jinhwan said a bit of disappointment in his voice. He was very worried about their leader/bestfriend. 

 

"Come on."Bobby said as he stood up from his seat after they were both finished with their make-up and hair.They both walked over to the younger and saw that he was loooking through photos in his phone. They both stood in front of him and waited for him to at least acknowledge them. Hanbin, noticed the sudden shadow that was on him so he looked up and saw the two looking at him expectingly.  "Hyung." He said not understand the situation as they took a seat next to him. 

"Hanbin-ah. Are you okay?" Bobby was the first to initiate the conversation. The other members was just watching them closely afraid of whats going to happen. Hanbin looked at everyone and noticed that everyone was looking at him. "Yea, I am." Hanbin was lying and the members could see it. 

"Are you sure? You've been quiet lately." Jinhwan said slowly and then the others after they finished getting ready all started to huddle up at Hanbin. 

 

Hanbin POV 

I looked everyone and they were just staring at me. The members were in a circle around me like they were afraid I would break or something. I sighed, I had to be more careful of my actions. It's because we have been together for a long time that they could see through my lie. But I don't know how to tell them. I don't want to burden them with my personal problems. I put up the best smile. "I am really fine. I have been preoccupied with the songs that I guess..." I said telling them half of the truth. The youngest looked at me and held on to my shoulder.

"Hyung, you didn't want to eat either lately." He said worriedly at me. I felt bad that I was worrying them. We are brothers but somehow I don't even know if I should tell them what's going on. What if they hate me? What if they wouldn't want me to be in their team? I guess it showed how worried I was about telling them that they just smiled at me and said it was okay and that I didn't have to tell them now.

"Hanbinie, and everyone else. I hope you guys won't keep anything from me or the team. We are here for you guys. Brothers forever." Jinhwan hyung said as he held on to my hand to comfort me telling me that everything was going to be okay.

"Forever." Bobby said grinning like an idiot and hugging everyone. I sighed, what did I do to deserve them?

"Team B. You go on at 5." The crew said to us. We all nodded our heads and started to hug each other wishing each other good luck.

 

 

I breathed in deeply trying to calm my heart. No matter how many times I have been on stage, it still give me a rush hoping that I don't mess up. As the lights turn on, Donghyuk started to play the piano for the begining of the song. The fans were screaming and shouting then it was Bobby's cue to start his rap. 

The song meant alot to us. It's now or never. It was my finally my part. As I walked towards the main stage, I looked over to where I knew my mom and my little sister was. I almost choked but I gathered myself and continued. I tried to keep myself from crying. 



The gods asked me if I
wasn’t gonna regret this
But I answer without hesitating,
why would I regret?
What’s left behind this stage
is either success or failure
I put my everything on the line
and there is no next time
My determination has no choice
but to be different
from others

 

The members trusted me to lead them and I just hope that I didn't let them down. I put everything in that rap. Like the line,

"With the weight of not just my life
but five others on my
shoulders, looking for chances
I had no choice but to throw
away the pressure and failures"

I meant every word of it. At the end of the song, I could see Han byul cheering for me and I could feel the wave of sadness in me. I tried hard to cry but at the corner of my eye, I could see Bobby hyung crying and the tears just came. I couldn't help it anymore. Whatever happens, I just hope I didn't ruin my team's lives. We have to win this or not there is no certain future where we would even debut together. We might get disband if we don't make it. We walked down the stage and saw that the Team A hyungs were there waiting for us with tears in their eyes. They just cried and hugged us knowing that after this, one of us is going to win. Minho hyung and I exchanged looks and just hugged each other. Minho hyung was very close to me and he knew what we had to go through. He was always there to support us even though we were in the opposing teams. 

 

 

 

After the final voting, we all stood at the stage. Jinhwan still had tears in his eyes and had the proud face on him. We learned so much this past few months, the struggle and the rejection that we had to go through. I tried to keep a straight face, to make it seem like I was strong. I had always had the image of the cold leader, I couldn't break down now. Minho hyung stood beside me and we held hands for a while to show that no matter what happens. We are still brothers and nothing to break us apart. We all belong in the YG family. 

 

"The winning team is..." Daesung sunbaenim said after he opened the envolope of the results. Our hearts were beating rapidly and everything just flashed in our eyes for a moment. "TEAM A! Congratulations Team A!" 

Then that was it, when I felt the whole world crumbling down in front of me. I saw the tears of our fans, Eomma, and the members. I turned to Jinhwan hyung and hugged him, knowing that he was already a crying mess. Everything that we had worked for just turned to waste. 'If I just had done a bit better maybe we would have won' was what I saw in the looks of my members. I could see pain in their eyes and disappointment in their eyes. The Team A hyung were already crying too, the first thought that came to their mind was to hug us telling us that they were sorry and that we would be okay. We all stepped to backstage, Winner hyungs had to go back since they had to start practicing for their debut right away so it was just us again at the waiting room. Waiting for our van to arrive. 

"I am sorry guys." Suddenly, Jinhwan said with his raspy voice. We all knew what he was going to say. It wasn't anyones fault. I knew they did the best that they could. I tried to put on a smile for them. Bobby hyung was already in a depressed state. I think it effected him more than us. He left his family just to persue his dream. I knew exactly what he was thinking. He had gave hope to his family and he thought that he had let them down. I sighed and patted everyones back. 

"This is not the end guys! Let's just take this as a lesson. Nothing comes easy in life. We just have to do everything better from now on. Give our hundred percent." I said cheering them up. I was their leader. I have to be responsible for them, I have to take responsibility until the end. 

"You're right. Let's promise that we would debut together. All six of us." Yunhyeong said looking at all of us. They all had sad smiles on them but I thought that that was good enough for now. We needed to be strong for each other. Especially at a time like this. "Promise." We all said in unison. 

"Get ready?" I said trying to lift their spirits."Showtime!" I was glad enough that they responded to me. It showed me that they still trusted me. After all of that and they still trusted me to lead them. And I was grateful for that. 

 

 

 

 

 

No one's pov

 

The next day~ 

Hanbin couldn't sleep last night. Everyone was exshausted after last night and all went to sleep early with tear stains on their faces. That night,  he spent all night talking his eomma. Her words were still was still fresh and lingering in his head. 

"You did good. I love it how you would shine on stage. Take care of the others and work hard. Show them that you guys deserve to debut. I am going to always to support you."

"I hope that you don't worry about us. Just stay strong and know that we love you."His mother came to see him for a while after the show to give him a hug, so did Han byul but they had a short visit because Han byul had to go to school tomorrow and it was already getting late. Hanbin didn't want to worry his mother either so he told them to leave. 

Around 6 am in the morning, all the members woke up one by one getting ready. Jinhwan was the first to get ready and sat beside Hanbin leaning on to his shoulders with his puffy eyes. "We need to make YG know that we were serious. To show that this is not going to let us down. That we deserve to be on stage." Hanbin said to the older. The older nodded his head as he watched the other members bustling around trying to get ready as fast as they can. "What do you suggest we do?"

 

 

 

At YG's office~

After the final voting, there was tons of email coming through the CEO's email asking him to let Team B debut. Truthufully, he was surprise by the sudden turn of events. Team B was doing great but Team A managed to capture the hearts of the audience more than Team B. He was torn apart on what he was going to do with them. He already said that its either the losing team would get disband or change the members. 

"Mr. Yang, Team B are here to see you." YG's secretary through the office phone. He was surprised to hear that. He just came to work early today because he had an early meeting in an hour to discuss about what's going to happen to them but he didn't expect them to come and see him this fast. "Let them in."

 

One by one, they came in. Hanbin was in front as always with the same determined look on his face. So did the other members, all wearing the same determined look on their faces just like when they first entered the company. Hanbin was the first one to pull out his cellphone and the others followed suit. "You can keep them for as long as you think is necessary." Hanbin said politely. It was known to the trainees when they did something wrong or as punishment to make them focus more was by handing over their phones and train harder in the studio than they did before. For them to hand in their cellphones without even being asked by YG or anyone else, amazed YG. 

"I get it. And for your team, we haven't decided on anything yet. We will tell you as soon as we decide on what to do." YG said as usual. Even though he was amazed by their determination and dedication to this he still had to set boundries to make sure that he wasn't favouring over them. "Okay. We will get going first. Have a nice day. And thank you." HanBin and the other members bowed towards YG. After they all left, YG smiled. They were growing up and he was glad that after the survival show, they weren't going to let it bring them down that easily. 

 

 


Okay, that was short don't you think? Or was that enough? Anyways, I had the sudden thought in my head as I was search through Ikon's picture for my background image for my computer when I saw this. Basically, like normal... I would be upset because I am a very sensitive person ( :P)

 

What the hell? I mean, I get it. iKon is not as good as big bang. I could admit to them. But that doesn't mean that they are cocky and, boring or have no class. I mean, everyone has their own style. They can be exactly the same as Big Bang. They are still new at all of this. They will learn to be as good as Big Bang. They will never be Big Bang because they are iKon. There is only 1 Big Bang and there is only 1 iKon. iKon look up to Big Bang. Big Bang is just their role model. They have their own charms and they struggled a lot just trying to get where they are now. Why do you have to hate on them? -okay sorry for my rambling.. I just need to talk about it to someone because I literally have no friends who knows who iKon is. They are practically like this.

What do you guys think? Am I overreacting?