Chapter two

Beloved Leader

 

No one's POV 

Hanbin looked at Chanwoo worriedly, Chanwoo was still practicing in the studio and HanBin was stalking him from the doors making sure that the younger couldn't see him. He sighed as memories started to rush back to him. 

 

 

Hanbin's POV 3 years ago~

I woke up late in the middle of the night suddenly and decided that maybe warm milk would help me sleep. After heating up the milk, I went to checking up on everyone in their rooms. Thats when I saw an empty bed in one of the rooms. Where did Donghyuk go? Worry started to form in my mind and I woke Jinhwan hyung and asked him if he knew where Donghyuk went. 

"Jinhwan hyung~ Do you know where Donghyuk is?" I said shaking him lightly trying not to scare him. He was half asleep and half awake at this point. It was such an adorable sight but I had to focus on where Donghyuk is first before I gush about how Jinhwan hyung looks like right now.

"Huh? Donghyukie?" He said rubbing his eyes as he slightly got up from his bed. "He said he was going to go to the studio for awhile." He said yawning in the process. My eyebrows furrowed. Why the studio?

"Why is he there?" I asked again. "He wanted to practice the dance move again." He replied looking at me with his watery eyes and looking at me and glancing at the clock. 

"I am going to tell him to comeback. He needs sleep. Tomorrow is our month evaluation." I angrily. That boy really needed to be well rested so that he doesn't to over worked with every thing. Before I could leave, Jinhwan's hyung bed, he held on to my hand before I could leave. 

"Hanbin-ah." He said trying to get my attention. I looked over to him and went back to his bed. "What is it?" 

"Hanbin-ah, I think he is just worried about the whole thing. This is going to be his first evalution anyways and I think its pressuring him. Just take it easy on him." I sighed and nodded my head. I pushed Jinhwan hyung's head to lay back on his pillow. "Ara! I am just going to talk to the boy." I said chuckling at the worried Jinhwan. He was worried but the sleepiness was taking over him and the soft pillow wasn't helping that he fell back into his deep slumber. 

 

I walked over to the studio in while wearing my black hoodie and favourite hat on. I still think that the boy was foolish to come practice on the night before the evaluation. 

"Hyung!" He said surprised to see me after I entered the dance studio. I looked around the room and saw a couple of empty bottles at the side and he was on the ground sweating. He was tired and I could see it in his face but he also had the detemination in his face that I saw. No matter what I said to him he was going to stay and practice. 

"Give me 5 minutes." I said. I was wearing my slippers so I decided to take them off and warm up. If he was going to comeback, I am going to stay and make him do it right so that I can finally drag him home. "Huh?" He had a confused face on him as he saw me warming up. "Do it again. I want to see it." I said not even bothering to explain to him. He quickly stood up and began to dance. All the time, I was watching him every step, every move and every expression.

"Do it again." I said again. He just did what I said through out the dance. Fixing his mistakes along the way, and I would sometimes join in the dance. 

"Donghyuk-ah. Come here." I said to him after he finally got the dance right. He came closer to me as I passed him a bottle of water to drink. 

"You should know that the first evaluation is going to be brutal. YG would just point out your mistakes, but one thing I learnt over the years, Everyone can do anything. They just have to do it. So I want you to just do it. Get through it, and learn from your mistakes. There is nothing easy in life." I said looking at him to make sure he understood me. "People make mistakes to be better, so that they don't do the same mistakes." 

"Hyung, how was your first evaluation?" He asked me after sometime. I sighed and remembered back the day. "It was Jinhwan hyung, Bobby and me." I started off. 

"I was already told that I was the leader in the group which made no sense at first for me, and I was constantly told to be better and I was a mess. I was good but not good enough. My leader skills were all over the place, you should have seen me." I said jokingly. "It was horrible, one of the worst days of my life because after entering YG I knew that there were better people who can rap like me and dance like me. I didn't stood out the way I wanted to." Donghyuk looked at me nodding my head. 

"Look, we better get back. We have at least 3 hours left to sleep and you need the energy to face YG tomorrow." I said patting Donghyuk telling him to get up. 

 

The next day~

 

We finished performing in front of YG and we were now in line getting ready to get our results from him. I would be lying if I said this was my favourite part of the evaluation. YG had nothing but critics to us because I knew that he wanted to make us know what harsh comments were. To be prepared, to get hate fans for doing absolutely nothing wrong and also being prepared to face the world and to show our best selves. To be on top.

"First of all, everyone is slowly improving and I didn't completely hate it but there are two members who for me were lacking in both performance." YG started of. I sighed, we were still lacking. I maintained my face and continued to listen. "Kim Donghyuk and Kim Hanbin." We were all shocked at first that I was also included but I knew it was coming already. 

"Kim Donghyuk, its a good thing that I can see you blend in with the group perfectly and your dance skills have improved since the last time I saw you, which was your audition tape. But you didn't stand out. You looked like a back up dancer. Nothing about you stood out enough to grab my attention."He started to say. I knew that it was partcially my fault as well because I noticed how he was just plain by the way he danced and sang. "I wish you could try and work on it. Because you were just bland to me just now. There was no wow factor to it and you looked like you werent enjoying the song. You were just singing it. At this rate, I don't think you are fit to even be called an artist." Donghyuk nodded his head and said that he would work on it and bowed to YG.

"Now, Hanbin. What happened out there? I expected it from the new trainee but I didn't expect it from you. You were out of focused today and you rap was soul less. I expect you to be the leader in this group and show a good example but is this what you call a good example?" He first started off. YG was like a second father to me. My father was rarely at home and after YG took me in he had always looked out for me. Making him disappointed in me was is the worst thing for me to hear. I apologized and didn't try to make an excuse. I was responsible. I have to look out for the other members and I also have to look out for myself too. I can't let my team down. 

"Team B and Team A, I hope you guys take the comments that I giving you seriously. To reach the top you need to give it your all. That means doing the best you can." YG started to say. Ending his comment on me just like that. I held it in. I didn't want to cry. Like YG said, to reach the top we need to give our all. That means no matter whether the performance is live on stage or just in the dance studio, we have to give it our all no matter where it is and no matter when. 

"Dismiss." YG said as he went out with few of other people tailing behind him. Team A hyungs were slowly going out of the studio and leaving us all there. I sighed and crouched down. I felt a familiar hand patted my back soothingly. Jinhwan hyung. 

"Hyung." Suddenly, a pair of shoes came to my eyesight. It was Donghyuk. I looked up and saw Donghyuk's guilty face. I sighed and smiled at him. "Congratulations, Donghyukie. You have finally face the wrath of YG for the first time." I said clapping my hands. Everyone else followed suit because they knew how harsh evaluations are usually are. He still had the guilty look on his face which made me feel bad to make him think that it was his fault. If it was anybody's fault, it was mine. 

"Donghyukie~ It's okay. It wasn't your fault. In fact last night I couldn't sleep anyways. After practicing with you helped me sleep. I just didn't have that much sleep. So take this as a lesson. Don't stay up so late on the night before evaluations okay?" I said teasingly to him. He looked at me and nodded his head. "Now, get that face out of here, I don't want to see it. I want to see my cute dongsaeng back." I said full of ageyo and pinching his cheeks which made him cringe of my awkward ageyo. "Oh, hyung!"  I looked at him like what? 

"You don't look great when you try to act cute." He mumbled while shaking his head. I went over to hug Jinhwan hyung who hugged me back as the other members started to leave the room. "Don't worry. You're cute to me HanBin-ah." Jinhwan hyung said comforting me. I blushed and thanked him. 

 

 

A year later~ (2 years before their debut)

After we got home, we saw the  camera around the place. We were just announced that we would be competing with Team A hyungs and now they had set up the cameras around the house. I could help but pout at the my bedroom's camera. "That means less cuddles from Jinhwan hyung." I mumbled to myself. I sighed and tried my best to think positively. Don't worry Kim HanBin! All of us will get to deut soon. I did a silent hwaiting at the camera and went to bed. 

 

 

 


So for all ya information! This story has not been decided an end yet! Yes, I am lazy that way and it usually depends on my mood. The first chapter might be mostly about chanbin interaction but just to show you that this is through out their debut. The story will end at their end of their debut promotions! So don't worry, there might be a slight chance where I would just make two endings. I am too biased with ChanBin and Binhwan shippings right now that I can't make a decision. So bare with me. Along the way! IF you don't like it I totally understand. I didn't like chapter one either. I wasn't happy with it. And Also don't forget to comment if you want me to write any specific thing or a shiping you want to happen on the next chapter and don't forget to subscribe and don't leave me TT.TT