Chapter thirteen

Beloved Leader

Hanbin stared at the article on his phone. It was bound to happen, suprisingly it took more than 3 months before the actual investigation started. Its a mystery what a person can say to keep it quiet for this long. What Hanbin was hoping to read wasn't what did the writers wrote about his parents but more importantly he was looking at the comment section. He never used to take care of what people think about him  but lately that's the only thing that can come in his mind at the moment. To see what the public's reaction is. 

 

As expected, the netizens were on a buzz again. They were accusing him saying that he knew everything and that he was apart of it as well. The only reason he didn't stop his parents were that because he was to caught up with the wealth. Even Hanbin couldn't deny to it because it had some truth to it. Half of his life he knew about the illegal activities that his parents were doing. He just didn't know what to do aboutt it. He thought everything would go away but he was wrong, after doing alot of illegal activities, his parents became distant between each other because of the moneyand started to fiight and Hanbyul was caught in the middle of the cross fire, something that Hanbin can never forgive his parents.  

 

"Hanbin, it's your choice if you want to stay or not. I am not going to force you into doing anything. Things like this is going to be a common thing if you want to reach to the top." Yang Hyun Sik said to Hanbin as he sat acroos to Hanbin. They were having  a meeting as to the current situation right now. It was just the two of them, they didn't want to involve anyone else. 

 

"Can  I have some time to think about it? Like I told you the last time we met, I don't know where I should do right now. My only priority right now is to get Hanbyul somewhere safe and  pray that my parents would find away to forgive me and pay for their mistakes." Hanbin said formally as he continued scanning the article about his parents again. Hanbin and YG has been seeing each other often because of the issue. He thought it was better if he told YG before hand about it before he finds out through other people. YG since he had his first child, he had become more open and more fatherly. He gave Hanbin advices but that doesn't mean he favoured Hanbin. He is more open with his trainees and artists. 

 

"Sure, but  you better decide fast if you want to debut with Ikon. I don't plan on cancelling anything. I have faith on my artist and I always keep my promise." He said nodding his head. Hanbin smiled and thanked YG. "Thank you for the advice sajangnim. I will get going now." Hanbin said standing up then bowed to the CEO. 

 

Just as Hanbin walked out of the room, he was confronted by Jinhwan with a smiling face. 

 

"Hyung, what are you doing here? I thought you were at practice?" The charismatic leader said startled by the olders presence. "Just finished. We are going to practice again in a few hours. The others are helping the chanwoo, jin hyeong and hong seok pack up since they are leaving tomorrow night. And since we would finish late I guess the boys wouldn't have the strength to pack everything up." Jinhwan joked. 

 

"Well you know Chanwoo, he would be lazy. I swear that boy starts showing his colours now. Jinhyeong might try and pull something by leaving his stuff in dorm just so he could come back." Hanbin joked as well. "Have you seen Hongseok? He wouldn't stop cleaning. I doubt anything would get past him." They both laughed and continued talking as they walked towards their dorm. 

 

"I am hungry. I have a craving for tteobboki." Jinhwan whined. They were half way there to the dorm when they came across a tteobboki stall. The spicy smell was tempting the imp as they walked pass by. Hanbin smirked and just shook his head. 

 

"You can ask Junhoe to eat with you. I am tired." Hanbin said stretching his body. Truthfully, he was scared to eat with the older alone. Meeting the older coinsidentally at the door at YG's office was not a good sign. 

 

"Come on! It's been awhile since we hung out just the two of us." Jinhwan whined harder. Hanbin sighed and just followed the older dragging him to the stall. The old ahjumma greeted them warmly and told them to sit anywhere they wanted. 

 

"Can we have one big bowl of chicken tteobboki?" "And a bottle of soju." Jinhwan said shocking Hanbin at the older's request. They already came of age and was allowed to drink, they try not to drink that much since they needed to keep their image and not get drunk. 

 

"Hyung!" Hanbin said impressed. "What? It's just one bottle. Not like we are going to drink till we pass out." Jinhwan joked as the ahjumma placed two small glasses on the table and a bottle of soju. 

 

"So, how is Hanbyul doing?" Jinhwan asked as Hanbin poured jinhwan a drink. "She is doing fine. She is with my grandparents house for the time being." 

 

"That's great. I was thinking of going back to meet my mom at jeju. How about you come with me? I bet she would be happy to see you." 

 

"Sure, sounds nice." Hanbin smiled remembering the time the three Kim's went on a trip to see Jinhwan's parents.

 

A few more minutes, the ahjumma gave them a large bowl of spicy tteobboki and left them chopsticks and a smile. "Do you remember that one day where Bobby so sad that he couldn't stop crying while eating that spicy curry for dinner?"They both laughed at the memory, back then it was only three of them and Hanbin was just elected the leader. They had a rough monthly assesment, and bobby was critizied really bad even though it was his birthday that day. 

 

"He was crying but he couldn't stop laughing. He looked really ugly." Hanbin joked. "Yea, well. I happy he kept his promise back then." Hanbin looked at jinhwan confused. "What promise?"

 

Flashback~

 

"WHO SAYS I CAN'T RAP?! MAYBE HE CAN'T RAP!" Bobby said already drunk after drinking his 9th can of beer. Thankfully, they were in the dorm and had ordered take out because they were exshauted. They were already behind in studying and they were also not getting their choreography right. 

 

"He was just saying that so that you could do better. Tomorrow we have a gig. We better get to sleep." Hanbin said finally noticing that the older was getting drunk. He was partially drunk. Drunk enough that he might not even remember this conversation ever happening. 

 

"I mean he could have at least been nicer about it?! I mean how are you not mad? He insulted you and jinhwan hyung." Bobby said angrily. It was the first time the younger saw bobby this upset. He didn't mind it though. It was tough. Bobby was in a whole different country away from his parents just so he could achieve his dream and now he is stuck here and getting told that he wasn't a rapper and that he couldn't rap. 

 

"YG knows his way around the industry. We all know that. You shouldn't be to harsh on his methods. He is just better at doing things this way. I wasn't happy about it either." Jinhwan said as he patted Bobby's back. 

 

"Yea, and hyung. If it was me, I would have said that you rocked it today with your rap." Hanbin said encouraging the older. What they didn't know then was because of everything YG said, they became closer as a team. Better at understanding each other and helping each other out. They created a bond that was hard to be broken. Just like the bond G-Dragon and Taeyang had. 

 

"Have you talk to your parents today?" Jinhwan asked as Bobby stopped crying. Bobby nodded his head. "Before we had the assesment I talked to them for awhile. 

 

"That's good. Come on, let's call it a day. Tomorrow we can celebrate your birthday what do you say?" Jinhwan said trying to cheer the rapper up. Hanbin and Jinhwan both got up and tidied the place up as Bobby sat there in silence for a while. 

 

"I made them a promise." Bobby said out of the sudden grabbing their attention. "Who did you make a promise to?" 

 

"My family. They were all there during the skype call." Bobby said with tears in his eyes. "They were wishing me happy birthday, and I just promised them that I would build a house for them here. I would be famous and bring them here. So they can have a proper life here. Just like they dreamed about. No one would make fun of them and berate them anymore." Both Hanbin and Jinhwan looked at each other and sighed and went to go sit next to Bobby. 

 

"Just because we were asians they made fun of us. Calling my parents name, I am going to bring them here so that they are going to have a better life. And show to the world that they are MY parents. " Ji woon said. More to himself, more to consoling himself. Back then, Hanbin and Jinhwan saw there was a new determination in Ji woon's eyes. He was more determined than ever to get his parents back and to prove to everyone that he was the best rapper. 

 

"Then work hard and show that your the best Rapper in YG. Be the best just like our sunbaes. Because we know you can do it." Hanbin said smiling. 

 

 

End of flashback~ 

 

"Oh, yea. I forgot that was the first time he promised to build a house for his parents." Hanbin smiled remembering back at the memory after Jinhwan retold it. "Well, you were a bit drunk at the moment. I swear I was the only one that was sober at that time." Jinhwan joked as he ate a piece of rice cake. 

 

"Well, I am glad he finally got his wish." Hanbin said as he ate a rice cake. What he didn't know what that Jinhwan managed to put a lot of spice and hot pepper in the tteobboki bowl making it really spicy. And by the time they finished it, Hanbin and jinhwan was already in tears. 

 

"Thanks hyung." Hanbin said as Jinhwan paid for the meal. Jinhwan laughed and slung his hand around Hanbin neck, making the position a bit awkward but Hanbin bent down to make it slightly comfortable. "Just because I paid for the tteobboki? I wanted to eat it anyways. You just got dragged." 

 

"No, I meant. Thanks for not asking about why I went to see YG." 

 

"Well, it's not my business anyways. It's between you and YG. I shouldn't be to controlling about things. Junhoe keeps warning me about it." Jinhwan said remembering back at the maknae's words about him being to controlling about everything that has to do about the members. Jinhwan smiled as he looked over at Hanbin was still teary eyed. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As they arrived at the dorm, Hanbin was barged by  a group of men hugging him. Hanbin stood there frozen not knowing what to do until they finally let him go and wouldn't stop laughing at Hanbin's shocked face. 

 

"Man, you really should see your face." Seungcheol, the leader of Seventeen said laughing as he took a picture of  Hanbin with his cell phone. 


"As much, as I hate agreeing to Seungcheol but his got a point there." Shownu, the leader of Monsta X laughed as he pointed at Hanbin's face. "Wait, what are you guys doing here?" Hanbin said still trying to process what was going on. "We are kidnapping you. You have no say in it since we are your hyungs." Seungcheol said as they both grabbed on to Hanbin and carried him outside the building. Before Hanbin could even protest he was already strapped on to the seat of the car with a tall goofball and a buffy driver. 

 

"oh boy." was all hanbin could say as they continued their journey into kidnapping him.