Chapter six

Beloved Leader

Hanbin POV

I looked at everyone in the bus. Jiwoon, me and Jinhwan decided that the members needed to loosen up a bit and I had overheard Junhoe talking about wanting to go out with the members. So here we are on a bus. On our 2 days 1 night trip to for a relaxing trip to build team work. Junhoe was playing with Yunhyeong and Donghyuk was being goofy with the new members, Bobby and Jinhwan were both whispering about what we should do when we get there. YG decided to give special time off for us to build our teamwork together before we knew that we were going to have another member that is. 

 

"Hyung, where are you taking us?"Donghyuk finally voiced out. I smiled and all of us just stayed quiet. "I see hills!" Bobby said pointing outside.

 

"I see spiked fence." Junhoe said looking at us like we were taking them to a prison or something. 

 

"Where are you taking us?!" Donghyuk said panic laced in his voice. "ARE YOU GUYS TAKING US TO A MARINE CORPS?!" Chanwoo said looking at Bobby. Bobby laughed out loud and nodded his head. "YES!"  I rolled my eyes at Bobby. He was trolling them too much. 

 

 

As we arrived the camping site, the members unsurely walked out of the bus and looked around the place. Tents were sent up around the camp site. I called Bobby out as I pulled out a folded white paper and told Jiwoon to hold the other side. "Welcome to Jinbinwoon's  IKON retreat!"  Both me and Bobby said excitedly. Jinhwan was smirking at Junhoe who had his mouth wide open shocked and the others who was pretty much blur. 

 

"What are we doing here?" Junhoe said not liking that we were near the lake. "We are going to do a MT. To get to know everyone better, we got special permission to do it too so be prepared!" Jinhwan said evily as he looked over to the younger like he was forming a master plan or something, which was true. 

 

"Let's start with the water sports!!!" Bobby said running over to the lake. Junhoe looked at his hyungs worriedly. He really hated the water. Just then Chanwoo came at him and patted his back. "Junhoe! Let's go." Junhoe made a face at Chanwoo. Chanwoo was suppose to call him hyung not just Junhoe so he decided to play chase with the younger when the younger just pulled his tounge out at him. 

 

"YAH! JUNG CHANWOO! You're so going to die!" Junhoe shouted at the grinning Chanwoo who was hiding behind Bobby who was oblivious to the situation as always. 

 

"OK~ Hold up! We are here to learn peace and harmony with the members not to kill each other." Hanbin said laughing while looking at the naughty Chanwoo who was grinning at Junhoe who was held back by Donghyuk by a back hug which made the younger uncomfortable because seriously. He wasn't the touchy feely type and he didn't like skinship that much.. Even if he did had skinship, it would always be Jinhwan or Donghyuk. 

 

"Let's push him off!" Bobby said suddenly making the leader startled by the sudden attack of the members and made him fall in the water. As the leader came up from the water, he cursed a little at them and went back up to them. Hanbin smiled evilly and walked closer to Bobby. "Let's push Chanwoo off!" Suddenly, Hanbin said as he turned around to the other. Chanwoo's eyes went wide as junhoe picked him up and brought him closer to the edge. 

 

"YAH! JUNHOE~ LET ME DOWN! YAH! ANDWAE!" Chanwoo shouted as he tried to wiggle his way out of junhoe's grip. Hanbin laughed and pushed both Junhoe and Chanwoo down. 

 

 

"I hope you guys be best friends soon!" Hanbin shouted happily as he shook his dripping hair at the youngest. Chanwoo wiped the water off his face only to be splashed again by Junhoe. Chanwoo just rolled his eyes mentally and walked back to the others. He had to struggle to get back up to the docks because as expected, junhoe would sometimes be pulling him or just splashing water at him. 

 

"Hyung! I want to ride that." Hanbin said pointing towards the float the was big enough for the eight of them. Two of them would be holding in front, three would be sitting down and the other three would be at the back. 

 

"Bobby, Donghyuk and Chanwoo would be at the back, Me and Jinhwan would be at the front so you guys will be in the middle." Hanbin said after begging countless of times at Jinhwan to ride the thing. Before that of course they played Volley Ball by foot but that failed, misearablely tho. Everyone at it which hurt their prides more because the game was taped on camera. 

 

They all nodded their head and walked over to the float and on to their positions. "Chanwoo you want to change spots with me?" Hanbin asked worried that the younger might fall off because he is at the back. Chanwoo smiled at the leader's offer and shook his head. 

 

"Don't worry, we will protect you." Bobby and Donghyuk said pulling and patting on Chanwoo's back. Chanwoo smiled and looked over to the rest. Jinhyung was getting much more comfortable with Junhoe and Yunhyeong which made Chanwoo smiled a bit. Eventhough they were rivals he still didn't want to the hyung to feel left out or anything. They were after the same goal after all. 

 

"Whatever." Hanbin mumbled and pouted as he stared in front. Jinhwan smiled at Hanbin and patted the younger at the back. 

 

"We are going to start now." The driver said. The started of slow and then there they were. 8 bouncing kids in the middle of the lake enjoying themselves. After the ride slowed down, Hanbin looked over to the back to see if anyone fell down and saw Bobby talking and playing with the camera. He jumped of as he handed the camera over to Donghyuk and Chanwoo followed suit. 

 

"Who wants to ride on the Banana Boat?" Jinhwan asked as he went over to the back and laid down exshauted that he had to hold on thight for the whole ride. He was strong for someone who was that small even the driver was amazed. 

 

"BANANA BOAT!" Chanwoo and Bobby chanted in the waters. Junhoe groaned and sighed tiredly as he helped Chanwoo and Bobby up to the float. "Junhoe says yes!" Chanwoo said sneakily as he pointed towards junhoe. Donghyuk who was near them laughed because he could hear Junhoe curse at Chanwoo.

 

"Let's!" Hanbin said as their float safely arrived back at the docks. "I want to be infront!" Hanbin said raising his hand up. Everyone laughed at the playfull leader and one by one they went on the banana boat. 

 

 

 

 

"We are going to test our teamwork on this! Don't fall off of the Banana Boat. Hold on tight guys." Hanbin shouted loudly so that the members could hear. Everyone held on tightly to their handles and endured the twist and turns. Chanwoo was now behind Hanbin and was trying hard not to fall off. "Chanwoo! Hold on tight, the last one is a hard one." Hanbin said over his shoulder. Chanwoo nodded his head eventhough he knew that Hanbin couldn't see him. "Okay hyung!" 

 

 

 

 

 

After the extreme rides and volleyball game, they finally had enough fun. They were officially tired. So they sat down in a circle in the middle there was a fire burning giving out heat towards the 8 boys who had grown closer to each other. 

"This is the first time our group has ever done this kind of thing. The MT I mean." Yunhyeong said as he passed a mug of hot chocolate towards everyone. "I know right." Donghyuk said as he cuddled up to Yunhyeong for warmth. Yunhyeong smiled and just let the younger do what ever he wants. 

 

"We haven't talked about the sleeping arrangements yet." Jinhwan said looking over to Junhoe. It was true, since they arrived.. Jinhwan had been forming a plan in his head that invovled Junhoe. Jinhwan loved to tease the younger, he was like a younger brother to jinhwan that he never had. 

 

"Can we talk about that later?" Junhoe whined as he tried to delay the topic. Everyone just shook their heads and looked over to Jinhwan so that he could continue what he was saying. "Since we are here to do team building and get to know one another, its makes more sense if we sleep in a tent with the member who we are most uncomfortable with. Like there is something awkward between them." 

 

"What do you mean?" Finally Bobby started to get uncomfortable as to where the conversation was leading to. "What I mean is that you and Junhoe are going to be in the same tent." Jinhwan said smirking.

 

"WHAT! I am not awkward with him!" Bobby said out loud trying to protest the idea. Hanbin who was beside him laughed and just shook his head.
 

"Just admit it Kimbap. We all know that you are awkward with each other." He said while laughing and he pointed at the awkward atmosphere between Bobby and Junhoe as they exchanged looks at each other.

 

"Yea well--" Before Bobby could say anything there was a phone call coming from Hanbin's pocket. Hanbin sighed and stood up."Eyy! Hyung we are on a retreat. You aren't suppose to be using that." Donghyuk said pointing towards Hanbin's phone.

 

Hanbin stood and stared at it for a while before excusing himself.

 

"What was that?" Yunhyeong asked as Hanbin left to move far a way so that they couldn't hear his conversation. They all shrugged their shoulders and looked over to the direction that Hanbin left.  


"Back to the room arrangement. So you guys are paired up together. Hanbin can be paired up with..." Jinhwan said looking over at the others who weren't paired up. It was obviously that Hanbin would be paired up with a new member but which one. 

 

"Who here thinks that Hanbin is a bit scary?"Both Chanwoo and Jinhyeong looked at each other and raised up their hands. Jinhwan pouted and looked over at both of them. He had seen Chanwoo around Hanbin before but Jinhyeong was usually with Donghyuk or Yunhyeong or sometimes with Junhoe. Plus, Jinhwan didn't like the idea of Chanwoo and Hanbin in the same tent. 

 

"Jinhyeong you're going to be in a tent with Hanbin and Chanwoo you're going to be in the same tent as Yunhyeong just simply because you guys look alike and that you both are giving the awkward vibe with each other...." Jinhwan said as he turned his direction to Donghyuk who gave him a worried look. Meanwhile, Bobby and Junhoe was distacing themselves from each other with the awkward tension between them. 

 

 

A few minutes later, Hanbin was still on the phone at the other side of the camping site. He had his eyebrows furrowed and tiredness was shown on his face. 

 

"I need more time." Hanbin said slowly. 

 

"I don't know what to think about this. Have you even thought about this through?" Hanbin asked after getting a reply from the caller. 

 

"Think about Byul. You can't just--" "I know."

 

"Okay, when I get back I'll call you back. I am at a MT right now." Hanbin said massaging the bridge of his nose. "Okay, bye. I love you too." Hanbin said hanging up the phone and just staring at it for a while. At the same time a certain figure hurriedly went away from the place that he was hiding and went back to the tent that he was in. 

 

 

"Hey, are you okay?" A worried voice was heard startling him. He looked over to the owner of the voice and just nodded his head.