Chapter Seventeen

Beloved Leader

In strange ways, you just can't help but fall in love with that person.

Because you are both Ying and Yang towards each other.

 

Chanwoo eyes went wide after noticing something soft on his lips. He quickly undetached himself as he dust of the dirt on his clothes and pants. Hanbin sat upright for a moment before clearing his throat. 

 

"Yah! Chanwoo-ah! You should really watch where you were going?!" Hanbin stuttered as he told the younger off. The box were scattered around the ground and the contents, Chanwoo was fairly sure is broken. 

 

"HYUNG! You were suppose to help me!" Chanwoo whined as he picked up the boxes and started to scan the items hoping that he was wrong. Before Hanbin could retort back, Hanbin could hear Jinhwan calling them. 

 

"um.. hurry up. I bet they are hungry." Hanbin said pointing over to the direction that they heard Jinhwan's voice. Chanwoo nodded his head and quickly ran off to finish his task leaving the dumbfounded Hanbin alone. "It's so hot tonight." He fanned himself as he walked away to greet the rest of the members. 

 

"Jinhwan hyung!" Junhoe whined as he clung on the elder's shoulder. "I told you. We are not staying in one room tonight." Jinhwan grumped and rolled his eyes at the younger but didn't attempt to push the younger off. 

 

"Actually, I was thinking that we could sleep like how we used too in the last episode of Mix and Match." Hongseok said as looked over at everyone for their approval. "Sounds good to me." Bobby grinned as he leaned towards Hanbin making the younger laugh and slung a hand around the older to pull him closer. 

 

"I don't see any problem to that." Jinhwan said shrugging as hanbin sneaked his hand around Jinan's waist. For a moment there, it felt like everything was in place to Jinhwan. He was with the people he loved dearly excluding Chanwoo, he swears, that boy is jealous of him sometimes. He just doesn't know why. 

 

"I am hungry. Can we eat already?" Bobby whinned as he clung on to the frozen and slightly awkward Junhoe. Everyone just laughed but nodded their heads anyways as Hanbin guided them in the shop. Something in him ached and he decided to put it aside for now. The rest of the members are just here to spend a good time together. 

 

As they managed over to a secluded room that Hanbin had reserved, everyone situated themselves like they normally do and started to chat away like normal. Jinhwan ofcourse was being dragged away by Junhoe who was still blabbering on to him the importance of team work and something about his hair. 

 

Hanbin could see Chanwoo peaking from outside the door, before he could call the younger over, Chanwoo gestured him to come out. So there he was, sliding away unnoticed out of the room towards the younger. He could feel his heart pounding nervously after he got closer towards the younger. This is not good. 

 

"Hyung." Chanwoo started off as he bit his lips slightly. A small blush crept up Hanbin's lips a bit slowly before he snapped back to reality. He just replied with a hum as he waited for the younger to continue. "I need to tell you something."Chanwoo stuttered out but his eyes were determined and Hanbin knew he meant business. 

 

"Okay, do you want to go somewhere else? Or do you want to talk here?" Chanwoo soften a little and nodded his head. "I would like it if we could go somewhere more quiet where the members won't know. It's important." 

Sensing that it was going to be a really deep conversation, Hanbin switched to leader mode and guided the maknae towards the office at the other end of the shop. A much more isolated location from everyone. 

 

"What's up? Is there something wrong?" Chanwoo bit his lips again making Hanbin having a brief flashback to their accidental kiss. It was bad or anything. It was surprisingly addicting. 

 

"No, nothing's wrong. I was just thinking about this the whole day and I thought that maybe I should reach out to you. For the last time..." Chanwoo said not looking at Hanbin's eyes as he took a seat down on the couch. "What do you mean Chan?" 

 

Chanwoo forced himself to make eye contact with Hanbin to show how sincere he was in what he was about to say. "Hyung. I am going to take another step. Believe in myself and be more confident." He said softly smiling at Hanbin. Hanbin still not getting it just srunched up his face trying hard to comprehand what the younger was telling him. "

 

"Hyung. I am gay." Chanwoo's words slowly was let out startling Hanbin at the younger's new information. "Before I go anywhere with this, I need you to know if you mind." 

Hanbin looked Chanwoo like he lost his mind and shook his head. "I am the last person to critic about what you do with your life -Chanwoo-ah. Why are you telling me this? I mean why now?" 

 

"Because I think it's time I be more confident in myself. I know this is awkward time to confess this to you but this might be the last time we might see each other. And I need to do this." 

 

"Chanwoo-ah. you know what I am going to do. You don't need to confess this to me. And even if I had the right to judge you, I won't. I know enough than to get  in to a silly fight with someone that perfers --"

 

"Okay, hyung. Stop there. I don't need this right now. I have enough of that for Minho hyung and I don't want to hear it anymore." Chanwoo shuddered at the thought of Minho whining at him. He was thankful that the hyung was busy doing off his work before he goes off to the military. "Then... I don't get why you are trying to do here Chanwoo." 

 

"OH MY GOD! KIM HANBIN! LET ME FINISH WHAT I WANT TO SAY AND THEN WE CAN GO BACK TO THE REST AND EAT! Damn it, I am already hungry." Chanwoo shouted but mummered the last part making Hanbin shocked at the usual calm Chanwoo was finally breaking. 

 

"You remember the time we 'accidentally' met at the gym and you were eavesdropping on my conversation with Jong Sik Hyung?"Hanbin nodded his head. Even though he clearly wanted to defend himself saying that it was his duty to take care of the members as a leader but he closed his mouth shut waiting for the younger to continue. The same look that he saw that day rade on face as slowly started to recall the past. 

 

"It was the time when I told Jong Sik hyung about the offer." Chanwoo started recalling his memories. 

 

 

Flashback~ 

 

Chanwoo smiled brightly at Jong Sik. "Can you believe it hyung?! I know it's a bit too early for them to give the offer but the PD is a guy that Minho and I used to work with. And I am already famous for being Minho hyung's younger self." 

 

Jong Sik just absent mindedly nodded his head as he looked over his phone. He was waiting for his manager to give him the news about the drama that he has been auditioning for. Jong Sik was used to this, Chanwoo would always come to him and tell him about the drama's that he got. He was always glad for the younger of course but he wasn't in the mood to hear about the youngers achievements at the moment. 

 

"Hyung are you even listening?" Chanwoo pouted. He was really excited about it and he ran all the way to Jong Sik's house just to tell the older first before even telling his family. To him, Jong Sik and Minho had always came first. His parents weren't really supportive of his choice but they had left him alone since he started to gain a name for himself. 

 

"I am sorry Chanwoo but I am not in the mood right now. Can we talk about this later?" Jong Sik said apolegeticly towards the younger. Chanwoo sighed but decided to let it go. He had always listened to what Jong Sik said no matter how excited or disappointed he was on not being able to express his his joy witih his favourite hyung. 

 

Jong Sik twirled his phone around as he looked at Chanwoo picking at his food in front of him. It was one of Chanwoo's bad habits even if both JongSik and Minho had told him off about it he still couldn't stop picking on his food. They had ordered in lunch just as Chanwoo arrived in 

 

"Hyung, do you think we should go on a trip later on during the day? Before your drama shoot, I mean." The boy finally took a piece of rice cake as he looked at his hyung eagerly. The older didn't know what to say. He couldn't stand it. The anxiety was killing him and he was also having a hard time trying hard not to let out his anger towards Chanwoo. The boy did nothing wrong but being in the youngers presence was just to much for him. 

 

"YAH!" He shouted dropping his chopsticks as he glared at Chanwoo. Chanwoo startled by the sudden burst jumped a little. He knew his hyung at a temper so Chanwoo tried hard to supress from taking things to seriously. "Okay, Maybe next time then." Chanwoo mumbled quietly as he went back to eating quietly. 

 

They ate in silence and an idea popped in Chanwoo's mind hoping that his hyung would calm down. "Hyung, should we get some ice cream after this. It's my treat." Chanwoo smiled as he looked at his hyung innocently but Jong Sik froze and curse a little. 

 

If you were there you could feel the dark aura surrounding Jong Sik. Chanwoo knew better than to say anything else. Jong Sik was pissed off. "Do I look pathetic to you?" He let out in a small voice. 

 

"Hyung. You know--" 

 

"DON'T LIE!" Jong Sik let out with a burst of anger. "I am not lying!" Chanwoo said trying hard not to get hurt on how Jong Sik was thinking so lowly of him. 

 

"Get out... I don't want to see you right now." The older replied slowly slumping down on his seat as he let his eyes close. The younger let out a small sigh and took his things and left. It wasn't like it was the first time this has happened. But he tries his best not to get effected by anything his hyung said. Just a few days and he will cool off. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After a few days, Chanwoo came over to Jong Sik's set to support the older since his drama was almost ending. He came over quietly as he passed around drinks towards everyone and thanking them for taking care of his hyung. Just then, he got a call from Minho so he decided to step out for while before meeting his hyung at his trailer. 

 

"Chanwoo-ah! What are you doing here?" A familiar director greeted the younger as Chanwoo pass through the set after his phone call. "Hyung! I was just visiting Jong Sik hyung. We got into a fight a few days ago and I thought I should make up with him with these drinks." Chanwoo said cheekily. The director just shook his head and patted the youngers back. 

 

"That boy always had a temper. I am surprised you kept up with him this long. You're even taking the first step in reconsiling. He must be a lucky guy to have you as a friend." Chanwoo blushed and shook his head. "I owe him this much. He has always been my support. People might not see it but he is actually made me to what I am today. Him and Minho hyung of course." 

 

"Really?" Chanwoo chuckled at the shocked face that the director gave him. "I know him longer than you have hyung. His one of the people I can fully trust with anything." 

 

Just then, Chanwoo caught  a glimpse of Jong Sik walking towards his trailer. Chanwoo smiled as he excused himself to go and meet his hyung. "JONG SIK HYUNG!" 

 

Jong sik stopped in his tracks and face Chanwoo with undescribeable face. "What do you want?" It was the tone that he had often used when he was really mad. Chanwoo stopped dead in his tracks with a shocked face. Jong sik couldn't possibly still be mad at him? Would he?

 

"I- I .. I just came to -- to talk to you hyung and to see whether you want to have-- have lunch with me." Chanwoo stuttered. 

 

"Why would I want to have lunch with you?" He backed away when Jong Sik took a step closer to the boy with a threatening look.

 

"What?"

 

"You heard me.... Why would I want to even be friends with someone like you?" 

 

"Hyung, what are you talking about?" Chanwoo looked at him in disbelief.

 

"Don't act all innocent Chanwoo-ah. You might have fooled everyone here but you don't fool me." His face was unreadable even for Chanwoo who had been with the older since he was young.

 

"You act all kind and innocent but you aren't." He continued. He knew about the audience that he was gaining but he could care less at the moment.

 

 

 

"That's not true hyung!" 

 

 

 

"Should I tell them all the truth? About you and your dirty little secret? I mean you don't have to hide anything. People would still love you no matter what." With a bitter voice, Chanwoo stood there frozen. He wanted to hide. He wanted to run. He didn't want to be around anyone at the moment. It took all he can for him not too cry at the moment. Why was Jong Sik being so mean to him? Did he do something wrong? 

 

 

"Ah... are you afraid Chanwoo-ah? That you and your pefrence would be something that people might actually not like?"

 

 

 

"What to do? You seem too perfect to them. But they need to know that all perfect things have at least one flaw." 

 

 

 

"Hyung..." Chanwoo's eyes were shaking. Anyone could tell he was scared but he didn't want to back down. He is not going to be effected over his hyung's anger.

 

 

 

"What? Chanwoo-ah, it's not good to lie to people. I told you not to lie didn't I." 

 

 

"I am not lying." Chanwoo looked at him pleadingly. He didnt understand what was going on but it wasn't going to it wasn't going to be pretty.

 

 

"Then why don't people know that you like men instead of girls?" The question left Chanwoo speechless. Everyone there was whispering but he knew they were judging. He knew that the way would come but he didn't think that his hyung, his favourite hyung to expose everything without Chanwoo's consent. 

 

"I feel disgusted when you first told me. Did you know that?" A tear dropped on Chanwoo's hand shocking Chanwoo. He didn't even notice he was crying. The tears just streamed down on his face as he left the studio with people pointing towards his direction.

 

 

 

 

After that, rumor spread fast. Chanwoo's manager was getting calls from all the drama's that Chanwoo was supposed to be cast in telling him that he was dropped out because of certain reasons that shall not known. Chanwoo locked himself up in the room for a month, luckily Chanwoo had always had the habit of keeping food in his room and the younger would always let himself out of the room when ever no one was around to stock up his supplies. 

 

 

 

Minho would always come by to comfort the younger but to fail everytime. He knew the bond that Chanwoo and Jong Sik had was special and he felt like killing Jong Sik for torturing their precious Chanwoo who loved them unconditionally. 

 

 

 

"I don't care. Find me that bastard and I'll kill him right now. Chanwoo hasn't left that room for a month now!" Minho yelled at Chanwoo's manager as pointed angrily at the door. "Now Minho. I might not be your manager but I can't let you do that. Chanwoo doesn't want you to do anything stupid either." 

 

 

 

"If Chanwoo really cares he would let me do it. He would let me find justice for him!" Minho yelled frustratedly as he punched the wall beside the manager scaring the man. "Minho-ah... Let's think about this rationally. Please!" 

 

 

 

"If you're not going to help me hyung, I'll just do it myself." Before Minho left, a soft creaking sound was heard and came out a pale Chanwoo. He was skinner and his chubby cheeks were barely visible. "Don't." Chanwoo said with a soft whisper but loud enough for Minho and Chanwoo's manager to hear. 

 

 

 

"Leave him alone hyung. He did nothing wrong. All he said were true and it was his opinion. We can't mad at him for just speaking his mind." Chanwoo let out softly. 

 

 

 

"Chanwoo... can you be selfish just for once? Think about yourself. Look at you. You're a mess. Your career is dead because of HIM! And what? You want to say that he did nothing wrong? How about exposing you without you having the choice?!" 

 

 

 

"It would have gotten out anyways. It wasn't like he was lying. The producers also did what they thought is necessary you and I both know that. If anything bad happens, they will get effected as well. It's better not to involve them."

 

 

 

Minho stared at the selfless boy in front of him. What was he going to do with him? How is he going to help the younger now?

 

 

 

 

End of flashback~

 

 

 

 

 

Chanwoo didn't notice like he didn't notice before that he was crying until Hanbin wiped the tear on his face. "Do you know why he suddenly got mad at you?" He asked slowly as he looked at Chanwoo. The boy in front of him was so vunerable. He wasn't used to seeing Chanwoo like this but he now knew why Minho was protective of Chanwoo.. He was someone you can't help but feel like you need to protect them. 

 

"The day that we had the fight, I found out that the Director didn't take him in but told him to ask me whether I want the offer or not. And during the time I went to his set, I found out people were talking bad about him and he also heard a part of my conversation with the director there and it made feel like I was pitying him and he was just a charity case." Chanwoo said slowly pulling out a smile on his face. 

 

"But that's not the point here, hyung. I am glad that I am finally able to talk about this without getting ashamed. I am glad I told you. Because I respect you a lot hyung. And I also trust you..." Hanbin felt his heart skipped a beat. 

"I believe that you will do what is best. And that if you do decide to continue with us through this journey, you need all the confidence you need. And that Byul should be the source of your confidence in doing everything. Because Byul only wants what's best for her big brother." After the words left Chanwoo's mouth, it took Hanbin's breath away. The younger who he barely knows was trusting in him. No matter what. 

 

"I'll go out first. See you there hyung." There Chanwoo left the stunned Hanbin behind, dumbfounded. Going back to their members at the other end of the store. 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------- [♡○♡]-------------- author's note;

Okay , so its been a while since i updated this. last paper of my exams tomorrow! yay! finaly going to be free... anyways. this an uneditted version plus it writing on my phone. i'll look at it later. More Chanbin scenes coming up! stay tuned♡