chapter 2

Dangerous Minds

Yong-guk walked inside Rain’s office holding a coffee in his right hand and a green apple in the other. “You called?” Yng-guk said. Rain stood up, immediately grabbing the cup of coffee. Rain smiled brightly. “Thank you.” Rain said. “You’re welcome.” Yong-guk responded. “How’s Zelo?” Rain asked before he took a sip of his coffee. “He’s actually doing better than I thought he would.” Yong-guk answered. “And how is he on controlling his abilities?” Rain asked. Yong-guk ex-haled heavily. “Well…he actually almost burn down the training area but aside from that..he’s picking up pretty fast.” Yong-guk answered. Rain nodded. “Okay, so I’m pretty sure you didn’t call me just to ask me those questions.” Yong-guk said as he sat down. Rain nodded and quickly took a sip of his coffee before placing it on the table. Grabbing the tablet on the table,  he walked over to Yong-guk. Rain handed him the tablet. Yong-guk looked at the screen. It showed a picture of woman’s profile. “Krystal Jung…who’s she?” Yong-guk asked. “She’s a legion.” Rain answered. Yong-guk looked at Rain in confusion. “How do you know?” Yong-guk asked. Rain slid his finger across the tablet, revealing another image. The image showed her DNA. “She contains the alternation in her DNA sequence.” Rain answered. “How did you even get this?” Yong-guk asked before he took a bite out of his apple. Rain scratched the back of his head innocently. “W-well I have a friend who is a doctor who sends me files of potential legions—but that’s not the point…A few days ago, Krystal Jung came to the doctors complaining about severe back pains..and when my friend checked her it out, this is what he saw..” Rain paused for a moment and slid his finger across the tablet once more showing Yong-guk another image. The image Yong-guk’s eyes opened wide. “Holy ..” Yong-guk cursed as he stared at the picture. Rain nodded. “First of all..watch your language..and secondly..I know…when he drew a blood sample, he noticed the something off and so he sent her file to me..” Rain responded. Yong-guk looked up at Rain. “What do you want me to do? Go get her?” Yong-guk asked. Rain scoffed. “Well of course I want you to bring her here……when her ability unleashes itself  who knows if it would be catastrophic…” Rain answered. Yong-guk sighed as he stood up. “Alright, Alright..you got her address?” Yong-guk asked. Rain nodded. “Yes, I’ll text it to..now get moving.” Rain replied. Yong-guk scoffed before he took another bite of his apple. He turned around, making his way to the door. Before he exited, he threw the apple in the garbage. He turned back and looked at Rain. “Wait…how am I suppose to get her to come with me??” Yong-guk asked in confusion. Rain shrugged. “That’s your job..not mine.” Rain replied. 

Krystal stood in front of the mirror. She stared at her reflection. Turning around, she lifted up her shirt and stared at her back. Her upper back showed dark bruises around her shoulder blades. Krystal sighed. “What is wrong with me?” She muttered sadly. She jumped when she heard her pit-bull bark. Looking at her bed, Krystal sighed as she stared at her dog who was laying down. “Kwenchana..I know it looks bad…but I’m okay..” Krystal said as she sighed. She flinched when she heard a knock on her door. Her dog started barking. Putting her shirt down, Krystal spoke. “Misfit be quiet!” She said as she walked out of her room. Walking to the door, she opened it. “Oh hey amber..” Krystal said. Amber, her friend who lived down the hall from her smiled. “Hey..uh..I don’t know how our mail got mixed up again..but here.” Amber replied before she handed Krystal her mail. Krystal took her mail. “Thanks..” Krystal said. Amber nodded. “You’re welcome..I’ll see you around.” Amber said before she left. Krystal sighed as she closed the door. She walked to the couch, throwing her mail on it. She took out her phone from her pocket and checked the time. She sighed. “I have to get to work.” She muttered before she headed back to her room. Opening her closet, She grabbed her black leather jacket with a grey hood. Krystal quickly put it on and walked to her bed. She pet her dog misfit. “I’ll be back..” She said before she kissed her dog on the forehead. She then headed out the room and exited her apartment. She made her way outside. She sighed as she walked outside. “I didn’t realize it was raining this hard..” She muttered. She was immediately drenched in rain. Putting on her hood, she began to walk. The streets were busy as usual. People ran to get indoors. Krystal stopped walking.  She had a feeling that someone was following her. Hearing footsteps behind her stop as well, she began to speed walk. Her speed picked up as she began to run. She was about to run across the street until someone grabbed her arm pulling her back. The car honked as it drove pass. “Are you crazy?? You could’ve just died Krystal!” A man said as he held her tightly. Looking up at the man, Krystal pushed him back. “Why are you following me??” She asked rapidly. The guy sighed. “Okay okay..don’t..don’t be scared..I’m not here to hurt you..” He said. Krystal’s eyebrows furrowed. “T-then what do you want??” She stuttered. The man looked around. “okay..my name is Yong-guk….and we need to talk..” He said, grabbing her arm. He began to pull her. “Okay I’m pretty sure this is when I’m suppose to scream.” She replied. “You don’t need to do that..” Yong-guk said replied rapidly. He dragged her inside a cafe.  As he let go of her arm, he looked at her. “This is going to be so frustrating..” He thought.

“So we’re just gonna stand here?” She asked. Yong-guk looked around for an empty table. He grabbed her hand and pulled her. He forced her to sit. “Wow..what a gentlemen..” She said in a sarcastic tone. Yong-guk scoffed as he sat across from her. Krystal looked at him as he ruffled his wet hair. “How do you know my name??..why were you following me??” Krystal asked. Yong-guk looked at her. “Okay…um..I’m trying to tell you in a way that you won’t freak out—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “I prefer you just say it or I’m gonna scream.” Krystal said. Yong-guk scoffed. “Wow..Um okay then..well Krystal…you’re not human..” Yonguk responded. Krystal looked at him as her eyebrows furrowed. A chuckle escaped her lips. “Then what am I?” She asked. “You’re a legion.” He answered. Before Krystal could respond, a woman came up to them. “Welcome..what can I get you guys?” The woman asked. The two looked at the girl. “Strawberry bubble tea.” The two answered simultaneously. The two glanced at each other as the woman wrote on her little note pad. “Anything else?” The woman asked. They both shook their heads. "Okay two strawberry bubble tea’s coming right up..” The woman said before she left. Krystal looked at him. “What the hell is a legion?” Krystal asked. Yong-guk looked at her. “Wow getting straight to the topic I see..” Yong-guk said. Krystal scoffed. “Well you followed me..saved me from getting hit by a car..and dragged me into a cafe…oh and apparently you know my name so—“ Krystal was cut off. “Okay okay I get it.” Yong-guk said. Krystal nodded as she crossed her arms around her chest. Yong-guk sighed before he spoke. “Well...a legion is someone who…has powers..” Krystal looked at him and laughed. “Powers…sure.” Krystal responded. “Okay I know it sounds crazy but it’s true.” Yong-guk replied. “Okay…let’s say it’s true…legions exist....now what does that have to do with me?” Krystal asked as she rose her eyebrows. Before Yong-guk could answer, the woman came back with their orders. “Here you go.” The woman said. “Thank you.” The two said simultaneously. The woman nodded “You’re welcome…you two love birds have a wonderful day..” The woman said with a smile before she left. Krystal and Yong-guk looked at the woman as she walked away. Looking back at each other, Krystal spoke. “Don’t you hate when they automatically assume that the customers are dating?” Krystal asked. Yong-guk scoffed. “Yes..but back to the topic.” Yong-guk said. Krystal nodded. “Right.” Krystal said before she took a sip of her tea. Yong-guk sighed once again. “So explain it to me.” Krystal ordered. 

Yong-guk looked at Krystal. He sat there with his mouth shut trying to figure out how to explain it to her. “Okay..well you take your time..I’m just gonna head to work.” Krystal said as she grabbed her bubble tea. Standing up, Krystal began to walk away. Yong-guk scoffed. He immediately dug in his jacket for his wallet. He threw a 20 dollar bill on the table and immediately followed Krystal out the cafe.“Hey!” Yong-guk said. Krystal stopped. She turned around and looked at him. “Look I think you need to see a therapist or something—“ Krystal was cut off. “Take my hand.” He said as he held his hand out. Krystal looked at him. “I know it’s so awkward..but based on our little chat in the cafe..you strike me as someone who’s generally curious than afraid.” Yong-guk said. Krystal looked at his hand. She sighed before she placed her hand on his. “Like I told you before, legions are people who have powers…I’m one too…when I hit puberty I notice things about me…when I got upset..or excited..or even stressed..everything would Shake.. break or shatter…and that’s when I knew I was different..I am able to..move things with my mind..” Yong-guk explained. “What—“ Krystal was cut off. “Uh..it actually took me a while to control my abilities..and wherever I went, I would destroy things..and because my powers are so..strong…it was harder…to control…..” Yong-guk paused for a moment. Krystal looked at him as her eyebrows furrowed. “But now…sky’s the limit..” Yong-guk said. Krystal eye’s opened wide as her she felt her body rising from the ground. Krystal smiled as she gasped. “Woah..” She said in amazement. Yong-guk brought her back down and let her go. “You believe me now?” He asked. Krystal nodded rapidly. “That was…that was so freaking cool!!” Krystal said in excitement. Yong-guk chuckled. Her smile disappeared as she looked at him. “But..you still haven’t answered my question..what does any of this have to do with me?” Krystal asked. Yong-guk sighed. “Come with me.” Yong-guk said before he started walking. “What about my job?!?” Krystal asked. Yong-guk looked back at Krystal. “You won’t need it anymore.” Yong-guk answered with a smirk plastered on his face. Krystal looked around before she began to follow him.  

After while, the two finally got there. Krystal followed Yong-guk as they walked down a hallway. Krystal looked around with curiosity. “What am I doing here?” Krystal asked. Yong-guk stopped causing Krystal to bump into him. Turning around, Yong-guk looked at her. “A few days ago you went to the doctors saying that you have severe back pains…when they checked you out..your back was..well is..pretty ed up…they drew blood from you..and that’s how we knew..” Yong-guk said. Krysta looked at him confusion. “You’re a legion..” He answered. “But I don’t have any powers—“ Krystal was cut off when Yong-guk began to talk as he turned around and began to walk. “Lately legions have been activating their abilities later on in life…and so will you…” Yong-guk said. Krystal nodded. “Okay..so how did you know I was a..legion??” Krystal asked. “There was an alternation in your DNA sequence.” Yong-guk answered. “Okay but I mean that could be anything—“ Krystal was cut off. “Okay…listen Krystal..Legions are born with genetic abnormalities which grants us abilities, and appearances, or powers beyond the normal variation expressed in the human genome…Our abilities...it usually activates around puberty…but like I said lately the activation has been delayed.” Yong-guk explained. Krystal nodded trying to process what she’s been told. Yong-guk stopped causing Krystal to bump into him once more. “Sorry..” She muttered. Yong-guk scoffed before he opened the door. “Rain..I got her..” Yong-guk said as he walked in. Krystal walked in as well. Rain immediately stood up. “Wow that was fast.” Rain replied. Krystal slightly smiled. “Well he lifted me up from the ground with his mind..so I’m sold.” Krystal said with a slight smile.  Rain looked at Yong-guk then at Krystal. There was an awkward silence for a moment. Rain scoffed before he spoke. “Oh..okay..why the hell did you do that??” Rain asked. Yong-guk sighed. “She didn’t believe anything I said, so I had to show her.” Yong-guk explained. Rain scoffed as he nodded. “Okay then...let’s get right to the point shall we?” Rain responded. Krystal nodded. “I’m gonna leave you two alone to talk..” Yong-guk said before he left the room, closing the door behind him. 

 

Note: Here is the second chapter!! Hope you like it!! Please comment on what you guys think!!