chapter 6

Dangerous Minds

“WAIT ZELO STOP!!” Yong-guk yelled running to him. Zelo shook his head as the lights blew out in the training area. “I CAN’T!!” Zelo yelled back. Krystal ran to him as well. “Zelo listen to me..I-I know all of this is frustrating..but our powers are tied to our emotions…you cannot let your anger overwhelm you.” Krystal said. Zelo looked at Krystal before looking at the electricity surging through his body. He closed his eyes, in-haling and ex-haling slowly, trying to calm down. After a minute, the electricity around his body vanishes, including the electricity surges he he started around the training area. Yong-guk looked at Krystal as she walked to Zelo. He watched as she talked to him, calming him down even more. “You should go lie down for a little bit..take a break.” Krystal suggested. Zelo nodded. “Thank you..” Zelo paused and then looked at Yong-guk. “And I’m sorry..” Zelo finished. Yong-guk nodded. “It’s okay..” Yong-guk replied. Zelo nodded before he turned around, leaving the training area. Krystal sighed as she looked around the training area, noticing the damage Zelo has caused. “You did great…you managed to calm him down.” Yong-guk said. Krystal looked at him and slightly smiled. “Thanks.” She responded. The two then headed out of the area, both going in opposite directions. “See you in a bit.” Yong-guk said as he walked. Krystal looked back as she continued to walk. A smile appeared on her face. She managed to bump into someone making her smile disappear. “Oh sorry!!” She said immediately. Daehyun slightly smiled. “It’s okay..” Daehyun replied. Krystal smiled. “How’s your training going?” Krystal asked in curiosity. “It’s going great…now I have to practice on controlling the bad parts of my powers..” Daehyun answered. Krystal nodded. “How does that work?” Krystal asked. “Usually it happens when I feel threatened or..angry..” Daehyun answered. Krystal nodded once more. “That’s right..our powers are tied to our emotions—“ Krystal was cut off. “Exactly.” Daehyun finished. The two stood there a moment in silence. Both wondered what to say to each other. “I guess uh…I’ll go continue training..” Daehyun said. Krystal looked up at Daehyun. “Oh right…training…um I guess I’ll see you later?” Krystal replied. Daehyun slightly smiled and nodded. “Yeah..you will.” He said. Krystal watched him as he turned around and walked away. 

“Zelo’s still struggling that much??” Rain asked. Yong-guk nodded. “I don’t know what to do..” Yong-guk admitted. Rain sighed as he sat down on his chair. Leaning back, he looked at Yong-guk who had his hands on his hips. “Maybe we should stop with this..” Rain said. Yong-guk looked at Rain. “What do you mean?” Yong-guk asked in confusion. “I’m talking about this team…we’re rushing them to learn how to control their abilities too fast—“ Rain was cut off. “Okay so what about what you said?? What about the legions who do more harm than good?? What about the innocent lives out there who need our protection??…you said so yourself, I’m not able to do this on my own.” Yong-guk said. Rain sighed once again. He rubbed his temples as he shook his head. “Zelo’s powers are out of control..he still doesn’t have a hold on them yet—“ Rain was cut off. “Maybe because you aren’t seeing his full potential…” The two looked at the door, seeing Krystal leaning against the door frame. “Don’t you know a thing called privacy?” Yong-guk asked. “I mean for someone who read my files, you shouldn’t be talking to me about privacy.’ Krystal said with annoyance. Yong-guk scoffed. “You’re back at this again—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “Let me read your files.” Krystal said. Yong-guk looked at Krystal. “You’re joking right?” Yong-guk asked. Krystal shook her head as she crossed her arms around her chest. “No. You can’t look at my files—“ yong-guk was cut off. “Why not? I mean you look at all of ours.” krystal said. Yong-guk scoffed. “that’s different, I’m trying to help you, I needed to read them to understand you—“ Yong-guk was cut off once again. “Why didn’t you just ask us?!?!” Krystal said. Yong-guk sighed. “You read our files without our permission—“ Krystal was cut off. “Enough!!” Rain said in aggravation causing both Yong-guk and Krystal to stop. They both looked at Rain. “Krystal you were saying something about Zelo..” Rain said. Krystal nodded. “When you first saw Zelo use his abilities...you can see his body is surrounded with electricity—“ Krystal was cut off. “Wait how do you know this?” Yong-guk asked. “I watched the news and aside from that I talk to Zelo and find out things myself instead of trying to peep at his files—“ Krystal was cut off. “Okay get to the point.” Yong-guk said in frustration. Krystal rolled her eyes but continued. “You guys think he can manipulate electromagnetic energy….but I think that he can also generate them..” Krystal replied. The two looked at her in confusion. She sighed as she walked in, sitting in one of the chairs. “Every cell in Zelo’s body has a different electrical charge right?…so I think that he can generate electrical charges using his own electromagnetic energy.” Krystal explained. 

“That actually makes sense...this is why he’s having trouble because while we’re making him focus on manipulating electromagnetic energy through other sources..he should be worrying about generating it with his own body—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “And when he’s feeling a certain emotion, he’s able to do both because like you guys said…our powers are tied to our emotions.” Krystal finished, ending it with a clap as she leaned back on the chair with satisfaction. Rain looked at Krystal with a smile. “I like your thinking Krystal.” Rain said. Krystal gave him a nod with a smile. “I mean I try.” Krystal said as she flipped her hair back. Yong-guk scoffed. “And there’s that cockiness.” Yong-guk said causing Krystal to look at him. “You wanna know what I think??” Krystal asked. “Sure why not.” Yong-guk said in aggravation, knowing another argument was about to occur. “I think you’re just jealous and annoyed at the fact that I was able to figure out the deal with Zelo’s powers—“ Krystal was cut off. “Oh that’s bull sh*t!!..if you didn’t go around snooping you would’ve never figured any of this out—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “hey listen I wanted to know what the hell you guys were gonna do with me!! At least I’m not the type of person who waits and sees what’s gonna happen!!” Krystal said in frustration as she stood up. Yong-guk scoffed. “Are you implying that I’m this way?!?” Yong-guk asked rapidly. Krystal nodded causing Yong-guk to scoff once more. “Wow!! To actually say that I’m like that??? If it wasn’t for me your back would’ve still be all bruised and you would’ve never known about any of this!!” Yong-guk said in anger. Rain watched as the two bickered. He rubbed his temples in frustrations and he ex-haled heavily. Standing up, he made his way towards the door. The two were too occupied with their argument to even notice him. “You two seem like a divorced couple..” Rain muttered in annoyance as he left the room. “And maybe.. Krystal stopped talking due to finally noticing that Rain was gone. “Where did he go??” Krystal asked. Yong-guk looked at the chair Rain was sitting on. Looking back at Krystal, he then spoke. “You probably drove him away.” Yong-guk said. Krystal looked at Yong-guk. “Me?!? You’re blaming me?!? You’re the one who’s—“ Krystal was cut off when Yong-guk placed his hand over . Krystal looked at him with wide eyes. “You talk to much.” Yong-guk said before he left the room, leaving her alone. Krystal scoffed as She watched him leave. 

Krystal trained in the training room. All she wore was, grey tank top along with some black sweatpants, and black and white converses and white fingerless boxing gloves. Her hair in a messy bun. She punched the punching bag, letting her frustrations out. “Fix your stance.” A familiar voice said in the distance. Krystal stopped, and looked. A sigh escaped. “What?” She asked. Yong-guk walked to her. “Your stance..fix it.” Yong-guk repeated. Krystal scoffed. She tried once again but Yong-guk shook his head. “Stand here..Jab cross..like this..” Yong-guk said before he demonstrated it, punching the punching bag. Krystal watched as he did before she began to punch the punching bag as well. Yong-guk stopped and watched as she did. “You know the hardest part about boxing??” Yong-guk asked. “getting hit in the face??” Krystal asked as she punched the bag. Yong-guk shook his head. “Keeping your hands up.” Yong-guk said. Krystal sighed as she stopped punching the bag. “Why do I even have to do this??? I’m sure you or your sister didn’t have to do all this..muscle stuff.” Krystal said in frustration. Yong-guk sighed. “You said you wanted to help…but if you want to stop..then by all means..leave.” Yong-guk said. Krystal looked at him. The two stared at each other for quite sometime. Krystal sighed breaking the stare. She began to punch the bag once more. Yong-guk secretly smiled. He watched her. “No..Krystal you’re doing it wrong…” Yong-guk then went behind her, helping her with the proper stance. Krystal gulped due to the closeness of the two. His hands on her hips adjusting her stance, his breath on Krystal’s neck. “Strong foundation..means stronger punch.” Yong-guk said as he helped her. Moving away from her, Yong-guk spoke. “Okay.” Yong-guk said. Krystal began to focus once more, and threw a punch. “Good.” he said. “Yong-guk do you have any aspirin??” someone asked as she walked in, rubbing her temples. The two looked towards the door. “Dana..d-did you get drunk??” Yong-guk asked. Before Dana could even reply, she froze upon seeing Krystal standing there. She looked back at her brother. “Maybe.” Dana said with a smile. “Dana how many times I told you to stop that.” Yong-guk said with frustration. “It’s not like I would do anything—“ Dana was cut off. “That’s not the point..you could’ve screwed up..you could’ve pushed someone to do something…and what did I say about that??” Yong-guk asked. Dana sighed in frustration. “To not use our powers for personal gain.” Dana answered. Yong-guk sighed in frustration. “I have aspirin in my bag…I’ll get it for you..” Yong-guk said before leaving the room, leaving the two girls by themselves. 

“So you must be Yong-guk’s sister.” Krystal said with a slightly smile. Dana looked at Krystal. “And who are you?” Dana asked. “Oh um..I’m Krystal.” Krystal answered. “Ah…you’re the one with the wings.” Dana said. Krystal nodded. “Oh.” Dana replied with a tone that Krystal did not like. “Why did you say it like that??” Krystal asked. “Oh nothing..” Dana replied. ‘Are you implying that it’s bad??” Krystal asked. Dana scoffed. “It’s just…what can a person with wings do for this team?” Dana asked with a smirk. Krystal scoffed as eyebrows furrowed. “Excuse me?” Krystal said with anger written in her tone. “Look I don’t want no problems but…a person like you seems useless to a team like this.” Dana said. “And you seem like an idiotic person who’s an endangerment to this team.” Krystal replied. Dana scoffed. “Are you serious?!? Me? An endangerment to this team?? Bull sh*t—“ Dana was cut off. “Based on what I know about you..you seem highly irresponsible and cares about nothing but yourself—“ Krystal was cut off. “you’re right!! I don’t…and I will gladly force you to do whatever I want whenever I want with my powers.” Dana said in anger. Before Krystal could even reply, the door opened, revealing Yong-guk. “We have to go.” Yong-guk said rapidly as he walked towards his sister. As he handed her the aspirins, Krystal spoke. “Whats going on??” Krystal asked. “There’s a new legion…we have to get ready—“ yong-guk was cut off. “Wait..you’re bringing the newbies??” Dana asked. “No..I’m bringing Krystal..” Yong-guk said. Krystal looked at him with wide eyes. “Me??” “Her?!?” The girls said simultaneously as Dana pointed at Krystal and as Krystal pointed at herself.  Yong-guk nodded. “Rain wants to her to experience this first hand..he wants to see her thought proccess when she's out in the field...and I can’t exactly go against him.” Yog-guk whispered to Dana making her scoff.  “B-but she hasn’t even had proper training—“ dana was cut off. “Rain’s orders Dana…now let’s go.” Yong-guk said. 

Note: New chapter here!! What do you guys think about it so far?? Please comment!! Love you guys!! :)