chapter 9

Dangerous Minds

Krystal and Yong-guk walked around in the vault. “When did you find out some money was missing from the vault?” Yong Guk asked as he looked around. “Around..nine o’clock in the morning.” The woman answered. Yong guk looked at Krystal who was looking around. “Can you give us a minute?” Yong guk asked the woman. The woman nodded before she left them alone. “Wow…this is a lot of money..” Krystal said as she looked around. Yong-guk scoffed. “Stay focused Krystal.” Yong-guk replied. Krystal ignored him. “And he only stole a little bit of it..” Krystal added. Yong-guk looked at her as she walked around the bank vault. “Krystal.” Yong-guk called. Finally Krystal snapped out of her trance. She looked at Yong-guk. “Yeah?” She replied. Yong-guk scoffed once more. “Stay focused.” He repeated. Krystal nodded. As the two searched around for some clues, time flew by quickly. Silence filled the air. Yong-guk looked at Krystal as she focused. “Stop staring.” Krystal said. “What? I wasn’t looking..” Yong-guk replied rapidly as he looked away. Krystal sighed. “What do you want to ask me?” Krystal asked. Yong-guk looked at Krystal who was already looking at him. “Are you okay?” He asked. Krystal nodded. “Yeah I’m fine.” Krystal answered. Yong-guk sighed. “Krystal…what can you recall that day?” Yong-guk asked. “Oh you mean the day where I was freezing to death…literally.” Krystal replied. “Krystal you said something to me that day…I couldn’t exactly hear you…what did you say to me??” Yong-guk asked. Krystal sighed. “It was nothing.” Krystal lied. Yong-guk scoffed. “Krystal—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “What do you want me to say??” Krystal asked in frustration. Yong-guk looked at Krystal. “Nothing…” Yong-guk responded. Krystal looked away and began to search once again for clues. Yong guk sighed loudly causing Krystal to look at him. “What.” Krystal said in frustration. Yong guk looked at Krystal. “Just…just tell me the truth.” Yong guk replied. Krystal scoffed. “About what—“ Krystal was cut off. “About what’s been going on with you.” Yong guk said in frustration. Krystal looked away and began to once again search for clues. “Great. Now you’re ignoring me.” Yong guk said. Krystal sighed. She began to walk to the exit of the vault. “Where you going?” Yong guk asked looking at her. “None of your business.” She replied in annoyance. “Krystal.” Yong guk called with a serious tone. Krystal sighed as she stopped walking. She turned around and looked at him. “I have to pee..so I’m going to the bathroom…do you want to come with me?” She asked, raising her eyebrows. Yong guk sighed. “um…just hurry up and come back.” Yong guk said. “Of course, your majesty.” Krystal said ending it with a smile. 

Krystal sighed as she got out of the bathroom stall. She walked to the sink and turned it on. Getting some soap, she washed her hands. After finishing, she stared at herself in the mirror. “I have wings..” She muttered. She bit her lip wondering how expose her wings without feeling anger or rage. “Um….wings out?” She said. She sighed when nothing happened. “Screw it..” She said before she exited the bathroom. She walked through the bank, trying to get to the bank vault.  Krystal stopped upon seeing Yong-guk leaving. She quickly went to him. “What’s going on?? What’s happening??” Krystal asked rapidly. Yong-guk ignored her and immediately began to run. Krystal watched as he ran. She scoffed before she began to run as well, following him. Going two blocks down, they finally got there. Krystal froze due to the bodies on the ground as well as cops who were behind their cars, aiming at the store. “What the hell happened??” Krystal asked. “Jewelry store robbery.” Yong-guk answered rapidly as he looked around. “W-what are you gonna do??” Krystal asked. Yong-guk ignored her and walked to a cop. “Hey.” Yong guk said. The cop looked at Yong guk. “Who the hell are you?” The cop asked. Yong guk took out a badge from his back pocket and showed it to him. “You’re FBI…” The cop said as he looked at the badge. Krystal looked at Yong guk. “What’s going on?” Yong guk asked as he put the badge back in his pocket. The cop shook his head. “There’s two men inside..one with shot gun..the other a pistol…both have very good aim as you can see.” The cop said referring to the bodies on the ground. Yong guk nodded. He hought for a moment as he looked around. He then realized that there was an apartment above the store. A smirk appeared on his face. He looked at the cop. “Okay..I got this from here.” Yong guk replied. The cop scoffed. “And what exactly are you going to do?” The cop asked. Yong guk slightly smiled. “I’m going to walk in there and stop them.” Yong guk answered with confidence. The cop laughed. “Really? Wow you’re pretty stupid for an FBI agent.” The cop replied. “Yeah well just do me a favor and tell your men to hold their fire..if I’m not out in 5 minutes..do as you please.” Yong guk responded. The cop scoffed. Before he could reply, Yong guk began walking away from the crowd. “Come on Krystal.” Yong guk said. Krystal immediately followed him. “Is that real??” Krystal asked, referring to the badge. Yong guk looked at Krystal. “No, of course not.” Yong guk answered with a smirk appearing on his face. Krystal slightly smiled. “Okay so what are you gonna do?” Krystal asked as they got around. “I don’t know..I’m just going with the flow.” Yong guk answered simply. Krystal scoffed. “Okay fine. Can you tell me where we’re going??” Krystal asked. Yong guk finally stopped walking causing Krystal to bump into him. “Sorry.” She said. 

“Yong guk we need to get inside.” Krystal said. “Don’t you think I know that.” Yong guk replied.Before Krystal could even say something,Yong guk  pulled down a ladder. “We’re gonna go in from above.” Krystal said finally figuring it out. Yong guk nodded. “Wow look who finally caught up.” Yong guk said causing Krystal to scoff. “Whatever.” Krystal said as she pushed him out of the way and began to clim the ladder. Yong guk immediately climbed right after. After climbing up the ladder, the two quickly ran up the stairs, to get to the window. “Please be open.” Krystal muttered as she looked at Yong guk who was about to open the window. The two sighed in relief when Yong guk was able to open the window. Krystal immediately went in. Yong guk followed. “Okay so what’s the plan??” Krystal asked as she walked. Yong guk stopped her, turing her around. The two stood in front of each other. Krystal frowned looking at Yong guk who had a slight smirk plastered on his face. “What’s with that smirk?” Krystal asked. “Don’t worry..I got you..” Yong guk said before he used his powers to go through the floor. Krystal screamed as they fell through the floor. “WHAT THE HELL?!?” The two guys yelled as they watched the two drop.  The two immediately began to shoot however, Yong guk immediately deflected the bullets with his powers. “GO KRYSTAL GO!!” Yong guk yelled. Krystal stood up despite her injuries and began to run. However, Yong guk failed to protect her as the guy who had the pistol managed to shoot at Krystal. One bullet managed to graze her cheek while the another bullet hit her arm. Krystal screamed in pain as she fell back. Yong guk immediately used his powers, sliding her behind the desk. Yong guk jumped behind the desk as well. “Krystal.” Yong-guk called. Krystal who was laying on the floor, looked at Yong guk who was crouching.“I was shot…I was freaking shot at!!” Krystal replied in panic. Yong guk nodded. “Any other injuries??” Yong guk asked rapidly. Krystal looked down at her right hand. “Y-yeah..I think I sprained my wrist.” Krystal said as she winced in pain. Yong guk looked at Krystal. “Great. You’ll heal.” Yong guk replied causing Krystal to roll her eye sin annoyance. “WHOEVER YOU ARE, GET UP WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!!” One of the guys yelled as he aimed his shot gun. Yong guk stood up with his hands in the air. “Sorry..the apartment upstairs needs a little fix.” Yong guk said with a slight smile. “Move. Now!” The guy said, aiming his shot gun at Yong guk. Yong guk looked at him. “No I think you should.” Yong guk said before he used swung his hand, making the guy fly to the wall, knocking him out. The other one holding the pistol began shooting. Yong guk immediately deflected the bullets with his powers. He immediately hid behind another desk, leaving Krystal alone. “WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU, YOU FREAK?!?” The guy yelled in panic as he looked around. Yong guk stood up. “Right here.” Yong guk said before he swung his hand causing the guy to fly to the wall as well, knocking him out. 

“I don’t know how you did it.” The cop said, looking at Yong guk. “I was lucky.” Yong guk replied. “Yeah…but great work.” The cop said. Yong guk nodded and watched as the cop walked away. He then looked at Krystal who was getting out the ambulance. He sighed knowing that he was going to hear a mouth full of complaint from her. Walking to her, Yong guk spoke. “Hey..listen you did a good job—“ Yong guk was cut off when Krystal punched him in the face. “Son of ..” Yong guk muttered. He looked at her, confused. Krystal in-haled and ex-haled heavily. “I want to go.” Krystal said with anger written all over her tone. Yong guk nodded. “Yeah okay but first—“ Yong guk as cut off. “Now.” Krystal said. Yong guk nodded once more. “Alright alright…let’s go.” Yong guk replied. The two headed to the car and got in. Yong guk watched Krystal as she put on her seat belt. Krystal stopped and looked at Yong guk. “Start the car.” Krystal ordered clearly showing that she’s angry. Yong guk immediately did as he was told. “And put on your seat belt.” Krystal added. Yong guk sighed as he put on his seat belt before he began to drive. A couple of minutes quickly passed by. Both were quite in the car. Yong-guk who was driving looked at Krystal. “So how’s your arm?” Yong-guk asked. Krystal looked at Yong guk. “Let’s just not talk.” Krystal replied. “You mean right now or ever again?” Yong-guk asked. Krystal sighed in frustration. “Both.” Krystal answered. Silence once again filled the air. Yong guk sighed and the radio. Krystal looked at him with the are-you-serious face. “What?” He said innocently. She ignored him and turned off the radio. “You know Krystal…you’re really sensitive.” Yong guk said as he looked ahead at the road. Krystal looked at Yong guk. “You think I’m sensitive?” Krystal asked, raising her eyebrows. Yong-guk nodded. “Yeah, a little.” Yong-guk answered. Krystal scoffed. “When did you come to conclusion that I’m sensitive?? Huh?!? Was it when a bullet was tearing through my flesh, is that when I seemed sensitive to you?!?” Krystal said in anger. Yong guk remained silent. “Look I am perfectly fine with the fact that you aren’t afraid of anything and that you go all Rambo because you have so much experience out in the field..but if you must know, I am not…I literally just started this and I already almost froze to death and now I got freaking shot at!!” Krystal said with anger. Yong guk glanced at Krystal. “Oh and thanks for letting me know that you’re the shoot first and ask questions later type of guy!! I’m glad to be consulted so I would know when to freaking duck!!” Krystal said in a sarcastic tone.  

The two walked inside Rain’s office. “Great! You guys are back.” Rain said standing up. The two nodded as they sat down. Rain looked at the two. “Why do I feel like there’s tension between you two??” Rain asked as he leaned on his desk. Krystal looked at Rain. “Oh I don’t know..maybe it’s because I got shot in the arm because of him.” Krystal answered with a sarcastic tone. Rain looked at Yong guk. “You got her shot??” Rain asked. Yong guk scoffed. “It wasn’t exactly my fault—“ Yong guk was cut off. “You could’ve at least warn me that we were going through the ing floor.” Krystal said. “Language.” Rain said. Krystal rolled her eyes in annoyance. “I’m not the one who can’t keep up.” Yong guk said pointing at himself. Krystal scoffed. Rain watched as the two argued. He rubbed his temples as he ex-haled in frustration. “HEY!!” Rain yelled, causing the two shut up and look at him. Yong guk sighed as he leaned back on the chair. “Before we even talk about the jewelry store robbery…what did you guys find in the vault?” Rain asked. The two glanced at each other. “Nothing.” The two answered simultaneously. “What do you mean nothing??” Rain asked as he got up from leaning against the desk. “We found nothing…no prints..and nothing was left behind…” Yong guk answered. Rain sighed. “Wow…this guy is good.” Rain replied. Krystal looked at Rain. “So what do we do?” Krystal asked. “We?..oh no no no..you are going to rest.” Rain answered. Krystal scoffed. “I’m fine—“ Krystal was cut off. “Oh really?? Why can’t you tell us what’s been going on with you huh??” Rain asked. Krystal sighed. “You really want to know?? Fine.” Krystal said before she stood up. Both guys immediately looked at her. “After Yong guk left me to fight that guy who can transform the molecules of his body to anything he touches..I had to fight a guy who can generate sub-freezing temperatures. He uh choked me for a while until a cop shot his shoulder but you know what? That didn’t even stop him. He killed the guy and then kept fighting me…He punched me in the face, threw me to the ground…he even flirted with me while he practically beat me up and when I finally punched his face, I felt like my hand shattered because he coated his ing face with ice!!..and of course I got choked once again by him only for him to kiss me and that caused me to literally begin to freeze to death…and I know this may sound rude but...instead of Yong guk helping me, he immediately asked for his sister who was perfectly safe although unconscious while I was literally freezing to death.” Krystal explained. The two looked at her, completely silent. “There…now you two know…” Krystal said in anger as she sat back down. 

Note: Hope you guys liked this chapter!! please comment on what you guys think and what you think is gonna happen next!! Until next time guys! :)