chapter 8

Dangerous Minds

“Based on what I saw..one of the legions can somehow...transform the molecules of his body..to anything he touches..” Krystal said as she was being checked by Daehyun. “How are you feeling?” Daehyun asked. Krystal sighed as she grabbed Daehyun’s hands, stopping him from checking her. “For the last freaking time, I am fine…you don’t have to check up on me anymore…and besides..you healed me with your healing powers so I’m good.” Krystal answered. Daehyun sighed. “Fine..” He paused as he sat down across from her. “So What exactly happened?” Daehyun asked. Krystal sat there for a moment, thinking. She looked at Daehyun and spoke. “Well..the legion i was fighting..I think he can...generate sub-freezing temperatures..” Krystal answered. “And by him touching you, he caused hypothermia..” Daehyun added. “Yeah he kissed me and then I felt as if—“ Krystal was cut off. “Wait he kissed you??” Daehyun asked rapidly. Krystal nodded. “Yeah..he was very flirtatious…it’s like all of this were a game to him.” Krystal answered. “Or he’s just a ert.” Daehyun replied with annoyance. Krystal looked at Daehyun. Before she could even reply, the door opened. “I think I know what their powers are.” Rain said walking in, holding a tablet. The two looked at Rain. “The one that stopped the car—“ Rain was cut off. “can transform the molecules of his body to anything he touches.” Krystal said. Rain looked at Krystal. “Um..and the second legion—“ Rain was cut off once more. “Can generate sub-freezing temperatures.” Daehyun said. “Okay what the hell.” Rain replied. Krystal chuckled. “Krystal figured this all out already.” Daehyun answered. Rain scoffed. “Great..she stole my thunder.” Rain said in annoyance. The two looked at him. “Um…would you like it back??” Krystal asked as she chuckled. “Oh shut up.” Rain said with annoyance. Placing the tablet down on the table, Rain sighed. “How are you feeling?” Rain asked. Krystal groaned in frustration. “Okay who ever asks me how I’m feeling one more time, will get punched in the face.” Krystal said in annoyance. Rain rose his hands in the air in defeat. “Well sorry..I just wanted to make sure you were okay.” Rain replied. “I am fine..stop worrying about me.” Krystal responded. Rain sighed. “Krystal you do know I’m not only asking about how your physical body is…I’m also asking about your mental state…” Rain said. Krystal looked at Rain. “How are you mentally??” Rain asked. Krystal scoffed. “I’m fine. Everything is freaking fine, so stop asking if I’m fine.” Krystal said in anger. Rain looked at her. “Krystal what did you see out there?” Rain asked. “Nothing..” She lied. 

“Krystal’s hiding something..” Rain said as he walked down the hallway with Yong-guk. “I know..she keeps saying she’s fine but..somethings off.” Yong-guk replied. Rain nodded. “You need to find out.” Rain said. “Wait..why me??” Yong-guk asked. “she trusts you—“ Rain was cut off. “Every time we talk to each other we manage to get into an argument over the stupid files.” Yong-guk said. Rain nodded. “I know I know but Believe or not there’s a connection between you two…to you it may seem that she doesn’t trust you…but from what i see…she trusts you the most…” Rain responded. Yong-guk sighed as the two entered Rain’s office, closing the door behind him. “For the time being..Krystal won’t go out in the field…at least not until she finishes her training.” Rain said as he sat down. Yong-guk nodded. “I agree.” Yong-guk replied. “Dana either.” Rain added. Yong-guk froze. “What..why not??” Yong-guk asked. Rain looked up at Yong-guk. “Why didn’t you tell me Dana had gotten drunk last night?” Rain asked. Yong-guk sighed. “I didn’t know either..” Yong-guk answered. Rain sighed. “She’s irresponsible Yong-guk…she misses her training sessions…goes out instead..and gets drunk…if you want to keep her out in the field..you need to talk some sense into her..” Rain explained. Yong-guk nodded. “Okay—“ Yong-guk was interrupted by a knock. The two looked at the door. “Come in.” Rain said. The door opened, revealing Krystal who was holding a tablet. “Um..can i come in..unless you two are busy—“ Krystal was cut off. “Come inside.” Rain said. Krystal nodded. She came inside, closing the door behind her. “So What’s up?” Yong-guk asked. “Well…i think I know the missing piece of the puzzle.” Krystal answered. The two looked at her in confusion. “I think they were stealing something.” Krystal said, answering their thoughts. “What are you talking about?” Yong-guk asked. “The guy with the ice powers…he was holding a black duffle bag…” Krystal said as she handed Yong-guk the tablet. It showed surveillance cameras. “Oh my god this is a clear shot.” Yong-guk said, showing it to Rain. Krystal nodded. “Run a facial recognition.” Rain ordered. “On it.” Yong-guk replied and began to do his thing.  “The guy who stopped our car..I think he was a distraction.” Krystal added. “So what do you think they wanted?” Rain asked. Krystal looked at Rain. “I’m not exactly sure yet.” Krystal answered. “Got it.” Yong-guk said. Both Rain and Krystal looked at him. “His name is Park Jimin..Born 1995...Lives alone with his mother…he’s completely clean.” Yong-guk said. “Not anymore.” Krystal replied. 

The door then opened. “Guys we got a situation.” Dana said. Yong-guk sighed. “Great another one.” Yong-guk said in annoyance. “This is Mr. Lee..he’s a cop.” Dana said as she walked in being followed by a man who was holding a file. Rain stood up and walked over to him. “My name is Rain—“ Rain was cut off. “I know who you are sir and as a matter of fact..I’m a huge fan.” Mr.Lee said as they shook hands. Rain smiled. “Fan of me? Why?” Rain asked. “Well just as you, I believe that all these people with powers aren’t all bad…they deserve a chance.” Mr.Lee answered. Rain nodded. “Thank you.” Rain said. The man nodded. “So why are you here?” Yong-guk asked. “Well I have this case and...I could really use your help on this.” Mr.Lee answered as he handed Rain the file. “Okay so what’s going on?” Rain asked as he began to look through the file. “Well there has been many robberies in banks—“ Mr.Lee was cut off. “Okay I don’t see how this could regard us.” Yong-guk said. “Yeah that’s what i thought at first…but here’s the weird part..the robber left no trace of being there.” Mr.lee replied. Krystal frowned. “What do you mean?” She asked. “They were in and they were out…the vaults in the banks were never opened which is why I thought—“ Mr.Lee was cut off. “There was a legion involved..” Krystal said. Mr.Lee nodded. “So what do you want us to do?” Rain asked. "No one wants to help me because it may deal with a legion..and since legions are your expertise..I want you guys to help me solve this case.” Mr. Lee answered. “Sorry but We have our own problems to deal with.” Dana said. Mr.Lee sighed. “I know you guys are busy but if you could just spare me a little of your time…I really need the help.” Mr.Lee replied. Rain and Yong-guk looked at each other. “It’s up to you Yong-guk.” Rain said. Yong-guk glanced at Krystal who was already staring at him. He sighed and then nodded.“Okay...We’ll help you.” Yong-guk said. Dana scoffed. They all watched as Yong-guk left the room. Dana immediately followed him. “Yong-guk we have to deal with two freaking legions..now you want us to help with a robbery??” Dana asked in disbelief. Yong-guk sighed. “The case deals with a legion—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “We don’t know that…it could just be a freaking normal guy who is good at covering his tracks.” Dana said, grabbing Yong-guk’s arm. Yong-guk stopped walking. He turned around, facing Dana. “Look…I know we have our hands full right now…but we’re here to help in any way possible…and if you don’t want to do that..then you can sit this one out.” Yong-guk said before he began to walk away. 

Krystal walked in the training room. She looked at Yong-guk as he punched the punching bag. He was shirtless, only wearing black jeans with his black boots. He wore black fingerless gloves. Krystal watched him as he punched. Yong-guk then stopped upon noticing her. The two remained silent for a moment as Krystal was mesmerized by Yong-guk’s body. “Krystal.” Yong-guk called. After a few seconds, Krystal finally snapped back into reality. “Okay..I’m back.” She replied as she exhaled. Yong-guk scoffed as a slight smile appeared on his face. She watched him as he walked over to the bench, grabbing his black sweater. “Oh you don’t have to get dressed for me.” Krystal said. Yong-guk looked at her causing her to sigh. “Fine..but I like what I saw.” Krystal admitted. Krystal froze. “Why the hell did I just say that?” Krystal said as she rubbed her arm awkwardly. Yong-guk tried his best to hide his smile. “Wow..you’re very honest.” Yong-guk replied. Krystal slightly smiled. "Okay so what are you doing here?” Yong-guk asked. “Oh um..Rain wants us to go to the banks and try to see if we could see something that the cops can’t.” Krystal answered. Yong-guk looked at Krystal. “What? Rain told me that your not aloud on the field—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “I know...but I don’t want to stay here..I’m perfectly fine..” Krystal said. “Krystal—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “It’s pointless if you have one of the smartest person on the team stand in the side lines..” Krystal said rapidly. Yong-guk sighed. “Okay fine...let’s go…but if anything goes wrong—” Yong-guk was cut off. “I know I know..I won’t be aloud to go out in field again.” Krystal said. Yong-guk nodded as he began to walk out the training area. Krystal immediately followed. “Hey...I also noticed something when I was looking through the case file.” Krystal said. “What is it?” Yong-guk asked. “The robber only steals a certain amount of money each time he or she steals.” Krystal answered. Yong-guk looked at her in confusion. “250,000..that’s all that was stolen—“ Krystal was cut off. “From every bank?” Yong-guk asked. Krystal nodded. “That’s odd.” Yong-guk said. “Yeah I mean if I were a robber..I would’ve stole as much as I could..and it would’ve been way more than 250,000 dollars.” Krystal replied. Yong-guk nodded. “Maybe our robber has a conscience.” Krystal added. Yong-guk sighed. “Or a bigger plan.” Yong-guk responded. After they had gotten ready, Yong-guk and Krystal made there way out to the facility to the car. After a while of driving, the two finally got to the bank. Both unbuckled their seat belt. Krystal immediately opened the door but was stopped by Yong-guk. “Stay by my side at all times.” Yong-guk said with a serious tone.