chapter 3

Dangerous Minds

A couple of days later: 

Yong-guk walked down the hallway. He stopped and stared at the door. Sighing, he swiped the key card. He froze upon seeing Krystal who only her bra and underwear on with her back faced him. She dried her soaking wet hair with a small towel. The door closed behind him. He stared at her back with his mouth slightly agape. The dark bruises around her shoulder blades caused his eyes to open wide. She threw the small towel on her bed and grabbed her blakc skinny jeans. He watched her put her jeans on still with his mouth slightly agape. Krystal turned around as she buttoned her jeans. She screamed as she covered her upper body. Yong-guk immediately looked away. Taking off her headphones, she spoke. “HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF PRIVACY!!!” Krystal yelled. “S-sorry—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “HOW DID YOU EVEN GET IN HERE!!!” Krystal yelled. Yong-guk showed her the key card. Krystal scoffed. “W-why would you have a key card to my room?!??” She stuttered. “Well..Rain and I have specific key cards…to open any door…” Yong-guk answered awkwardly. Krystal scoffed once more. “Wow that is totally not invasion of privacy.” Krystal said with sarcasm. Yong-guk scoffed as he looked back at her. “We have these cards for a reason okay—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “What, to peep at everyone here??” Krystal asked as her eyebrows rose. “I didn’t know you were changing—“ Yong-guk was cut off once more. “Well maybe you should knock.” Krystal said. Yong-guk scoffed once again. “Okay how would’ve you heard me?? You had headphones on.” Yong-guk said in defense. Krystal glared at Yong-guk. There was an awkward silence for a moment. Yong-guk finally spoke. “Your back looks pretty bad…” Yong-guk said. Krystal looked at him. “Yeah…it hurts like hell too..” Krystal replied. Yong-guk frowned. He walked to her. Krystal looked up at him weirdly. “Can I see it again?” He asked. Krystal looked at him. She gulped. She hesitated. She slowly turned around. Yong-guk stared at her back. He brought up his hands, touching the bruise causing Krystal to wince. “When did you notice this?” He asked as his eyebrows furrowed. “The pain has been going on for a while…the bruises where there as well…I thought it was gonna go away after some time but it didn’t…and recently…the bruises actually got bigger...” Krystal answered. “But…if it hurt so bad…why didn’t you see the doctor sooner?” He asked in curiosity. “Well…when this first happened..I couldn’t even move…it hurt so bad that I cried…the pain was so intense...but after a couple of days…the pain started to dim down…and so I thought that if I waited this out…I would’ve been okay…and besides..I don’t have a lot of money, so I couldn’t exactly go to the hospital..” Krystal explained. 

Yong-guk waited in the hallway. After a few minutes, the door finally opened. Krystal came out with a slight smile. The door closed behind her. “Hey.” She said. Yong-guk looked at her. “Come on let’s go.” Yong-guk said as he began to walk. Krystal scoffed as she followed him. “So what’s with the walls white walls in this area?” Krystal asked. Yong-guk looked at her in confusion. “You couldn’t just expect me to sit down in that room all day.” Krystal said. Yong-guk scoffed. “This walls are made to contain legions powers…this whole 3rd floor is covered with them…so legions could freely walk around.” Yong-guk answered. Krystal nodded. “Is Rain like us?” Krystal asked. Yong-guk shook his head. “No he doesn’t have any abilities…he just chooses to help us legions.” Yong-guk answered. “Why?” She asked. “He doesn’t believe that legions are an abomination like the rest of the world sees us as…he thinks we’re capable of good.” Yong-guk replied. “Do you trust him?” She asked. Yong-guk scoffed. “You ask a lot of questions.” He said in aggravation. “Well I have to…I don’t want to rush into anything without knowing anything.” Krystal responded with a matter-of-fact tone. Yong-guk sighed in frustration. “You can trust him…I’ve known him since I was a little kid…he helped me out a lot…just like how he’s helping other legions.” Yong-guk said. Krystal nodded. Yong-guk finally stopped walking causing Krystal to stop as well. She watched him as he swiped his key card. The door opened revealing a huge room. Krystal looked around. “This room is bigger than my apartment.." She said. Yong-guk slightly chuckled as he walked in. Krystal followed him as the door closed behind them. "What is this place?” Krystal asked as she rose her eyebrows. “This is where legions train.” Yong-guk answered. “Where is everyone?” She asked. “They’re taking the day off.” He answered simply. Krystal nodded.  “So why are we here?” Krystal asked in confusion as they walked to the middle of the room. “To figure out your ability.” He answered. Krystal stopped walking. Yong-guk stopped after, leaving a distance between them. He turned around and looked at her in confusion. “What’s wrong?” He asked. Krystal sighed as she played with her fingers. “Isn’t it better to keep it dormant?…I mean…what if it’s dangerous?” She asked. “Everyone’s powers are dangerous in their own way….take mines for instance…when I first discovered them I caused so much destruction around me…but I learned how to control it.” Yong-guk responded. Krystal stayed silent. “Okay…let’s begin.” He said. Krystal looked at Yong-guk and nodded. “Attack me.” He said. Krystal eyebrows furrowed. “I’m not gonna attack you.” Krystal replied. “Okay…then I’ll attack first.” Yong-guk said. Krystal scoffed. “What—“ Krystal was cut off when Yong-guk rose his hand causing her to rise from the ground.

She looked at him with wide eyes before he slightly swatted is hand causing her to be thrown back. Krystal fell to the ground. She looked up at him. Standing up, she spoke. “ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!” She yelled. “We have to activate your powers—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “So you threw me?!?” Krystal said as frustration. Yong-guk sighed. “Again.” Yong-guk said. “I’m not fighting you—“ Krystal was cut off when Yong-guk swatted his hand once more causing her to be thrown back again. “I’ve read your files Krystal..” Yong-guk said. Krystal glared at him as she stood up. “What are you talking about?” Krystal asked as she breathed heavily with frustration. “Nice little facade you got going on Krystal....It seems as if you're okay..but in reality...you’re an angry kid…which is shocking to me…” Yong-guk paused. Krystal looked at him as her eyebrows furrowed. “I know everything about you Krystal—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “You know nothing..” She said as she frowned. Yong-guk shook his head. “That’s not true…I actually know a lot...you were born in Hawaii…moved here when you were 11… your mother is half Korean half Hawaiian..your father is Korean..oh and you have a half brother who hated your family so bad that he ran away—“ Yong-guk was cut off once more. “Shut up.” She said sternly as she glared at him. “….You lost your mother at a young age..your father abused you…and reading the notes that your therapist gave us, tells us a lot too…you hate your father…loved your mother…you blame yourself for her death even though she died of a heart attack…you hate your brother for leaving you alone—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “SHUT UP!!!” She yelled as she balled her hands in a fist. Yong-guk smirked. “When you were fifteen you finally had to courage to leave your father…you ran away and began to take care of yourself…you had jobs after jobs, trying to make money…you lived a hard life Krystal.” Yong-guk said. Krystal clenched her jaw. She stared at him with pure rage and anger. She ran to him, tackling him to the ground. Yong-guk looked at her with wide eyes before she punched him repeatedly. “YOU KNOW NOTHING—“ Krystal stopped talking due to her wincing in pain. She got off of Yong-guk. He sat up and watched her as she got on her knees. She winced in pain as she ran her nails, scratching the floor. “Krystal what’s wrong??” Yong-guk asked worriedly. She shook her head. Yong-guk stood up. “Krystal!!” Yong-guk called. She shut her eyes tightly as tears fell from them. Her breath quickened. Kneeling, Krystal opened her eyes. She screamed as a huge pair of bird like wings manifested. Yong-guk’s eyes widened. Krystal stopped screaming. She breathed rapidly and heavily as sweat slid down her forehead. Krystal managed to stand up. She looked back noticing her wings. She gulped. Yong-guk looked back at Krystal. was slightly agape due to the shock. They both were silent. None of them dare spoke. Krystal looked at Yong-guk. He flinched upon her wings spreading out. “Oh my god..." Yong-guk muttered. 

Yong-guk knocked on the door. After a few seconds, the door opened. “Wow..you finally knocked.” Krystal said with a smile. Yong-guk scoffed. “Whatever..” Yong-guk replied as he walked in. The door closed. “How are you feeling?” He asked. “Well…after my wings went away.…the bruises disappeared….the pain as well…aside from being freaked out about the whole wing thing…I guess I’m okay..” Krystal answered. Yong-guk nodded. “Krystal..” He called. Krystal looked up at him. “Are you really okay?” He asked. Krystal slightly smiled. “Yeah..I mean I have a pair of wings…I wonder if I could fly..I mean I have wings so I should be able to fly right?” She asked with a slight smile. Yong-guk sighed. “…you don’t have to be okay with it at first.” Yong-guk said. Krystal looked at him. “Why would you read my files?” She asked as she crossed her arms around her chest. Yong-guk looked at her. “I know it’s an invasion of privacy but…it’s protocol…I have to read your files to understand you, to be a better teacher, a better trainer….you don’t have to worry…Everything that is in your file stays between us…” He explained. Krystal nodded slowly. “You should’ve told me.” She said. Yong-guk nodded. “I know…but I needed a way to get you emotionally active…so your powers could unleash itself—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “Wings aren’t exactly a power…” She said. “I already told you Krystal…every legion is different..when they’re activated, some gains powers, while the others….appearances change…” Yong-guk responded. Krystal sighed. Before Yong-guk could say anything, the door opened. The two looked. “Rain.” Krystal and Yong-guk said simultaneously. Rain slightly smiled as he walked in. “How are you feeling Krystal?” Rain asked. Krystal shrugged. “Okay I guess.” She answered Rain nodded. “Okay um…You have wings—“ Rain was cut off. “Yeah…I know.” Krystal replied. Yong-guk looked at Rain. “Right—“ Rain was cut off. “Do you know why her wings are able to appear and disappear?” Yong-guk asked. Rain looked at Yong-guk. “Yeah that’s exactly why I’m here…her wings manifested due to anger and when she finally calmed down..it sort of disappeared—“ Rain was cut off. “What do you mean sort of?” Krystal asked as her eyebrows furrowed. “Well..it sort of hides itself from being seen... it’s still connected to your back in fact all it is doing is hiding itself..making itself invisible…so it appears that your normal.” Rain explained. Krystal nodded. “So…how do I make it…show itself?” Krystal asked. Rain smiled as he scoffed. “Am I suppose to know everything??...That’s for you to find out..” Rain responded. 

Note: Hope you guys like this chapter!!! Please comment on what you think!!  I'll update soon~~ :)