chapter 4

Dangerous Minds

Rain entered the restaurant. He quickly fixed his tie as he walked. The restaurant was empty with only one man who was eating. Rain sighed before he made his way over. “Good evening sir.” Rain said as he bowed a 90 degree bow. The man stopped eating and looked up at Rain. “Sit.” He ordered. Rain nodded and did as he was told. The man took a sip of his red wine. “Are you hungry?” He asked. Rain looked at him and slightly shook his head. The man chuckled. He called the waiter over. “Please, get him a succulent herbed boneless pork loin chops paired with a tangy raspberry sauce…” The man paused and looked at Rain. “Accompany it with mashed potatoes and julienned steamed carrots.” The man finished. Before the waiter could leave, the man spoke again. “And please get us a bottle of red wine.” The man said. The waiter nodded and quickly left the two. “When you asked me if I was hungry, I shook my head..why order for me?” Rain asked. The man scoffed. “Oh please Rain..we all know you have a big appetite…you’re always hungry..” The man answered. Rain chuckled. “You’re right sir—“ Rain was cut off. “Please son, call me Sang-Joong..we’ve known each other for a while now.” He said. Rain nodded with a slight smile. “Sir—uh I mean Sang-Joong..why..why did you want to meet?” Rain asked in curiosity. Sang-Joong leaned back on the seat as he held his glass of wine. “I wanted to talk to you about Legions.” He answered. Rain looked at him in confusion. “What about them?” Rain asked. “The authorities have no power over legions…they cannot even protect the humans from themselves…how can you expect them to take care of legions—“ Sang-Joong was cut off. “Take care of??” Rain asked in confusion. Sang-Joong took a sip of his wine. “You have a better idea?” Sang-Joong asked as he rose his eyebrows. Rain nodded rapidly. “Yes. To contain legions—“ Rain was cut off. “And how do you plan on doing that?” Sang-joong asked. “You know exactly how…we have Yong-guk who takes them in…who trains them—“ Rain was cut off. “Explain to me Rain…how do you contain their abilities?” Sang-joong asked. Rain sighed. “We have containment rooms…all these rooms are made of adaptive materials…so it can basically contain all sorts of powers.” Rain answered.

 “And those containment rooms…do you really think those are more humane?” Sang-joong asked. Rain looked at him and sighed. “Our main purpose is to observe people…educate them..yes, it may take time—“ Rain was cut off. “We don’t always have that luxury.” Sang-joong said sternly. Rain scoffed. “So killing legions is the answer?” Rain asked as he frowned. Sang-joong remained quiet. Rain scoffed once more. “Just admit it…you’re afraid of people like Yong-guk…afraid of their powers—“ Rain was cut off. “Of course I am…I mean..does he even know his own strength?…can he take down that whole facility—” Sang-Joong was cut off. “He wouldn’t do that—“ Rain was cut off. “But if he wanted to?….He could kill anyone.” Sang-Joong said. Rain clenched his jaw. “Mankind is already scary…someone gets a gun and god forbid he kills someone…and now..people are their own weapon.” Sang-joong adds. “Not all people are like that—“ Rain was cut off. “Some is enough Rain.” Sang-joong said rapidly. Rain sighs. “Let me explain this to you…you’re friend Yong-guk…he’s an amazing man…he helps people..saves the lives of civilians…but for every Bang Yong-guk..there’s a bad legion.…and it’s ignorant of you to think otherwise.” Sang-joong finished. Rain scoffed. “With all do respect sir…dealing with legions is not your job…it’s mine…and I will say what happens to them…those who have no self control will be contained in a containment cell..there will be no killing…” Rain paused due to the waiter bringing the his food and a bottle of red wine. The waiter then left after he placed everything down. Rain looked at Sang-joong. “I will figure this out myself..I’ll create a team of some sort if I have to…but no blood is gonna shed…” Rain paused once more. Standing up, Rain spoke. “I’m not hungry…enjoy your meal.” Rain said before he left. 

Rain entered his office. He undid his tie, taking it off. He threw it on his desk. He massaged his temples as he leaned on his desk. He sighed in frustration. He thought for a moment before he took out his cell phone. He dialed a number. After at least two rings, the person answered. “Yong-guk..come to my office..now.” Rain ordered. Before Yong-guk could even reply, Rain hung up. Hearing his stomach rumble, Rain scoffed. “I should’ve took the plate with me…” Rain said in aggravation as he walked behind his desk and sat down. After waiting at least 20 minutes, Yong-guk finally came. “What’s up?” Yong-guk asked as he walked in, closing the door behind him. Rain looked at Yong-guk. “Sit.” Rain ordered. Yong-guk nodded and did as he was told. He looked at Rain. “What’s wrong?..and why are you wearing a suit—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “I want to create a team.” Rain said rapidly. Yong-guk looked at him in confusion. “For what?” Yong-guk asked in confusion. “You’re not enough Yong-guk…there’s legions out there who are doing more harm than good…and you alone cannot contain all these legions and protect civilians.” Rain answered. Yong-guk sat there for a moment to think. “Okay…um..what do you want me to do?” Yong-guk asked. Rain sighed. “I-I don’t know…make a team of legions—“ Rain was cut off. “And how exactly am I suppose to do that huh??” Yong-guk asked. Rain massaged his temples as he thought. “You can use Daehyun..he has control of his abilities right—“Rain was cut off. “He wouldn’t exactly want to be a part of this..he hates his abilities—“ Yong-guk was cut off as well. “But if we give him a good enough reason..then he’ll do it.” Rain said. Yong-guk sighed as he nodded. “He might…but..that’s only two people so far..” Yong-guk replied. Rain sighed. He looked at Yong-guk. “How is Zelo?” Rain asked. Yong-guk shook his head. “No..no no no..you will not put Zelo in the field, he’s not ready—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “Can he control his abilities Yong-guk?” Rain asked.  “He’s struggling.” Yong-guk answered as he sighed. Rain nodded. He froze upon realizing something. “Wings..” Rain said as his eyebrows furrowed. Yong-guk looked at Rain in confusion. “Krystal…she has wings…and I’m positive that if she learns how to use them…she..she could fly..we can use her..” Rain explained. Yong-guk scoffed. “I mean..yeah I guess... but we can’t bring Krystal to the field..she’s not ready.” Yong-guk responded. Rain nodded. “Then maybe we should get them ready..” Rain replied. Yong-guk looked at him in confusion. “Rain what’s going on??” Yong-guk asked. Rain looked at Yong-guk. “Do you think they can be ready soon?” Rain asked ignoring Yong-guk’s question. “I don’t know—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “Yong-guk Can they be ready soon?!?” Rain asked rapidly. Yong-guk sighed. “Maybe..Yeah...” Yong-guk answered. 

The next day: 

Yong-guk swiped his key card, opening the door. Walking in, the door closed behind him. “Hey..” Yong-guk said. Daehyun, his student looked up at him. “Hey.” Daehyun replied. Yong-guk walked to Daehyun and stood across from him. The table was in between them. Yong-guk looked at the bird that was laying down. “How’s it going?” Yong-guk asked. Before Daehyun replied, he gently picked up the bird and held it with his hands. “Fine..” He answered simply. Yong-guk watched as Daehyun. “The bird has a broken neck…” Daehyun paused. Ex-haling softly, Daehyun focused. Two seconds later, the small bird opened it’s eyes and flew out of his hands. “And now it’s healed..” Daehyun finished with a slight smile. Yong-guk sighed. “Daehyun…don’t you see the good you can do with your powers—“ Yong-guk was cut off. “I can just as easily hurt someone when I’m not in control…” Daehyun said as he began to clean up. Yong-guk looked at Daehyun. Before Yong-guk could reply, Daehyun spoke. “And why are you even here?? Shouldn’t you be working on the new legion??” Daehyun asked with frustration. “Yes…but I came to check on you—“ Yong-guk was cut off once again. “Well you don’t need to…Rain is taking care of me.” Daehyun said with hostility. Yong-guk sighed. “Alright…” Yong-guk muttered before he began to walk towards the door. Yong-guk then stopped upon remembering something. Turning around, he looked at Daehyun. “Daehyun…would you be willing to…join a team?” Yong-guk asked cautiously. Daehyun looked at him in confusion. “A team?…what the hell are you talking about?” Daehyun asked in confusion. Yong-guk sighed once more. “You know what…forget what I said…just get back to what you were doing…” Yong-guk said before he exited the room. Daehyun shrugged as he rubbed the back of his neck with his left hand. He walked to a door opening it. He scoffed as he heard the animals. He  immediately grabbed a dog cage and walked out. Closing the door behind him, he walked back to the table. He grunted as he lifted the cage onto to the table, placing the cage on the it. He opened the cage, grabbing the dog who legs were severely injured. The medium sized dog couldn’t even stand. “It’s okay buddy..I’ll get you back on your feet quickly...” Daehyun said as he gently pet the dog. In only a matter of seconds, the dog got back on it’s feet escaping from Daehyun’s grasp. The dog jumped off the table and began to run around the room. “Woah..” Someone said causing Daehyun to jump. Looking at the door, a female walked in. “Sorry..I didn’t mean to scare you.” She said with a smile. Daehyun eyebrows furrowed. “Who the hell are you??” He asked with hostility. “Krystal.” She answered. Daehyun nodded. “And you’re..Daehyun right?” She asked. Daehyun looked at her. “How do you know my name?” He asked. Krystal smiled innocently. “W-well…I heard you and Yong-guk talking….” Krystal answered with a smile.  

Daehyun scoffed. “Okay..then how the hell did you get in here?? You need a key card—“ Daehyun was cut off. “I-I kind of pick pocketed Yong-guk..and I took his key card...and I wondered around…—“ Krystal was cut off. “You stole his key card…are you freaking crazy—“ Daehyun was cut off as well. “No...just curious..” She said innocently causing Daehyun to slightly smirk. Before Daehyun could reply, Krystal leaned on the table. “So how did you do it???” She asked rapidly. Daehyun who was taken aback, looked at her. “Um…I just...healed it…” He answered awkwardly. Krystal smiled. “That’s just….so freaking cool!!!” She said in excitement. Daehyun looked at her as she smiled. “It’s not so cool as you think it is…” He replied. Krystal scoffed. “You can heal people... and animals…I mean that’s pretty amazing—“ Krystal was cut off. “No it’s not…Yes I can heal…but I could easily hurt someone as well…” Daehyun said in aggravation. Krystal’s smile disappeared. “What are your talking about?” She asked in confusion. Daehyun sighed. “I can drain beings of power just as much as I can restore people..” He explained. “So it works both ways..” She replied. Daehyun nodded slowly. “But..your powers are still amazing..” She said. Daehyun scoffed. “How?..I can hurt people—“ Daehyun was cut off. “Yes you can…but don’t forget that you can help them…you can heal people…that’s an amazing gift…yes it may be pretty bad if you hurt someone…but just like you said before…you can drain them just as much as you can restore them…meaning you still can do good…it just depends on how you use it.” Krystal explained. Daehyun looked at her. “Are you a legion or something?” He asked. Krystal froze. “Well…Y-yeah…” She answered simply. Daehyun nodded. “I um…I have to get back to training..” He said. Krystal nodded. “Right…sorry..I’ll let you continue them..” She replied as she began to walk backwards to the door. “Watch out for the dog!” Daehyun said causing Krystal to jump up. She looked at the dog as it ran away. She looked back at Daehyun with an awkward smile. “S-sorry..I’m just gonna go..” She stuttered before she turned around causing her to bump into the door. Daehyun held in his laughter. She glanced at him as she clicked the button to open the door. “You um…you didn’t see that..” She said awkwardly before she left the room. Daehyun chuckled. “Cute..” He muttered. 

Note: Hope you guys like this chapter!! Comment on what you guys think about it!! :)