chapter 13

Dangerous Minds

The two stared at each other for a moment. Krystal waited for Yong Guk to say something. “Let’s not talk about that.” Yong guk said. “Why? Is it personal?” She asked. Yong guk looked down. “Sort of…” He muttered loud enough that she heard. Krystal sighed. Before she can say anything, a  voice was heard outside the vault. The two glanced at each other. Yong guk looked at the door of the vault. With his mind, he opened it slowly. There was nothing there. The two cautiously walked towards the door, stepping out of it. “Could it be a guard who passed by?” Krystal asked as her eyebrows rose. Yong guk shook his head. “No..it’s only us on this floor.” Yong guk answered. “Why are you here?..” A man’s voice said in the distance. Their eyes scanned the place, however, the darkness prevented them from seeing anything. Only the light from the vault gave them a chance to even look around. “How about you come find out.” Yong guk said, looking around. A chuckle was heard in the distance. “You’re no match for me.” The man replied. Yong guk scoffed lightly. He glanced at Krystal before he continued to scan the place with his eyes. “Prove it.” Yong guk responded. Silence filled the air for a moment. Krystal and Yong guk looked at each other. “As you wish.” The man said before he suddenly appeared behind Yong guk. Krystal calls out Yong guk’s name causing him to react. The man and Yong guk began to fight. However, as Yong guk attempted to punch him, the man disappeared out of thin air. Yong guk looked around in confusion. “What the !!’ Yong guk cursed. 

The man then appeared next to Yong guk, punching him. Yong guk quickly regained his composure and continued to fight. However, he was in a disadvantage as the man kept disappearing and appearing somewhere else. The man chuckled slightly as if this were a game to him. The man continued fighting Yong guk, however, Krystal came out of no where and kicked him in the stomach from the side, pushing him back a little. Without looking at her, he teleports to her, attempting to hit her, however, he stops upon realizing something. “Oh sh*t you’re a girl.” He said with his eyes wide open. “What is that suppose to mean??” Krystal asked before she took a swung at him, punching him in the face. The man was taken aback by this and touched his busted lip. “You hit me really ing hard.” He said. The man then sees Yong guk about to hit him from the corner of his eyes. He manages to dodge the hit, pushing Yong guk back against Krystal, knocking both of them to the ground. “I’m sick and tired of this guy.” Yong guk muttered in annoyance as he stood up. He proceeded to fight the man. Krystal tried to aid Yong guk but he used his telekinesis and threw her back, wanting to protect her. Krystal groaned in frustration and pain as she looked at the two fighting. Yong guk managed to catch the man off guard, throwing him against the wall with his powers. The man looked at Yong guk and smirked before he disappeared once again. He appeared behind Yong guk before he grabbed him and threw him in the vault. He glances at Krystal whom was getting up. “I had fun..I’m pretty sure that we’ll meet again soon.” The man said. As the man is about to disappear once again, Krystal runs and grabs him. Upon reaching contact, the two disappeared together, leaving Yong guk in a state of panic. 

Entering a new location, the legion flipped Krystal down. “I did not mean to end up in the stair well.” The legion said in annoyance. Krystal laid there on the floor as the man ran up the stairs. There was this sudden ringing in her ears as her vision was disoriented. She shakes her head slightly as she used the wall to help her up. After a few seconds, Krystal began going up the stairs, following the legion all the way up to the roof. Opening the door, Krystal looked ahead seeing the man standing near the edge of the roof. “Oh dammit you caught me.” He said as he held his hands up in the air in defeat. Although her steps were quite wobbly, as she was still in a weak state. Krystal’s eyebrows furrowed as she ran her fingers through her hair. “What did you do to me??” She asked, referring to her vision and the ringing in her ears. The man chuckled. “I didn’t do anything…it’s just your first time.” The man answered. “My..first time??” She asked in confusion. “Yes. You’re first time teleporting…” He paused for a moment. He ex-haled as his eyebrows rose. “Don’t worry it’ll eventually clear up…it’s a little hard for the first few times.” He replied. Ignoring what he said, Krystal spoke. “Hey listen….you know I can help you—“ Krystal was cut off. “I don’t need help …I’m perfectly fine…” The man said, simply. “You’re fine robbing banks??” Krystal asked. The man slightly smirked. “It’s what I do.” He answered. Krystal who was breathing heavily cautiously walked to him. The man looked down, staring at the streets in the distance below. “It’s quite beautiful up here.” He said, simply. Krystal gulped as she continued to walk towards him. “Look…I know a place where you can stay…a place where you can feel safe—“ Krystal was cut off. “I already told you that I don’t need your help.” He said. 

Krystal halted as she was right behind him. She reached out her hand and tried to grab him. However, he turned the table around, teleporting behind her. Krystal turned her around and grabbed her neck, tightly. “Please…” She muttered as she trembled.  “Please what??” He asked with his eyebrows rising. Krystal remained silent. She didn’t know what to say. A smirk then appeared on his face. “You know…Sometimes pawns gotta go. My battle is not with you or the man downstairs.” He said. Krystal’s eyebrows furrowed. He turned her around, making her face the edge. Krystal’s breath quickened as fear took over her. “Goodbye.” He muttered before he threw her off the roof, watching her in the process. Krystal couldn’t utter a single word nor release a scream. It was like there was a frog in . Krystal who was terrified closed her eyes tightly. She breathed in and out slowly….accepting her fate. Suddenly, a huge pair of dark brown wings, sprouted from her back. Her eyes opened wide, as she reached close to the ground. She landed perfectly as her wings managed to save her. Krystal breathed heavily and rapidly as she tried to take in what happened. However, she couldn’t as she heard voices surrounding her. Standing up, Krystal’s wings disappeared. She looked around realizing that she is now the topic of tonight. “Oh my god she’s one of them!!” A random bystander screamed. Bystanders all around whispered, talking about her. Krystal then ran away from the “spot light” trying to find hiding. Little did she know, the man was still on the roof top, watching her from above.